Chapter 11

To be continued...

please read the description below 

for cautions, this chapter has some swearing also keep this in mind that Myungsoo was 5 to 6 years old when he met Sungjong and around 14 years old when he found Sungjong again. im editing all the chapters again so another hiatus will happen IM SORRY and also sungjong's hairstyle is going to be from Nothing's Over promotions.


 

Continuation from Chapter 11

 

No ones POV

 

"His name is Sungjong, Lee Sungjong."

Sungjong was speechless, after excusing himself and thanking the lady (he couldn't bring himself to call her his mother) he ran home. Sungjong ran as hard as he can, fresh tears about to spill but he kept them. When he got home, he ignored Sungyeol's greeting and slammed his door shut.

Why today of all days?! Sungjong screamed in his head as he approached his bed and laid down. He closed his eyes and tried to regulate his breathing; the breakup and finally knowing and finding his biological mother?! It was all too much for Sungjong. He cried himself to sleep thinking about his mother and facing Myungsoo tomorrow.

***

 

It was not until a week from the breakup that Myungsoo finally showed up at school. Sungjong was already at his desk with his head dropped on the table trying to get some sleep before class starts, he hadn't had enough sleep the whole week because he was worried about Myungsoo. He was scared that Myungsoo might've done something extreme, with so many thoughts Sungjong didn't notice Myungsoo walk in and stopped right in front of his table. Sungjong shivered as he felt a presence or more likely a pair of eyes staring at him, he looked up to see Myungsoo with red puffy eyes looking at him with so much hurt and anger but also with love.

"10 years. I spent almost my whole 10 years looking for someone I treasured and when I finally found him it took another three years to lose him again!" Myungsoo said almost shouting, Sungjong just stared up not knowing what to say,

"Three ing years Sungjong!! I wanted more time, why can't you open your heart to me like you've been doing for the past two years we've been together?!?! HUH?!?" At that Sungjong flinched then looked around and noticed the whole class was quiet and staring a them. He hated this attention.

"L hyung please stop. You're gathering attention," Sungjong pleaded at the enraged yet heartbroken boy.

"I freaking don't care ok!! I love you! You haven't spoken those words to me at all, it's always me! Why can't you just say that? I know you love me but why can't you just say it once..? Please come back, I want you back. Please." Myungsoo didn't care if the class saw him in this state, all he cares about is getting Sungjong back and at this point he was pleading but the stubborn boy didn't say anything.

"Fine but know that I'm just going to try harder to get you back." At that Myungsoo left the room as the bell rang and the teacher came in. Ever since this morning, Sungjong hadn't seen Myungsoo at all.

Eventually Myungsoo did go to school but he came back two months before their graduation, yet he still managed to get in the top 10 honours list and also became the valedictorian. Everyone was confused but no one would dare go near him because he became silent and cold to everyone.

 

***

It was finally their graduation day. Sungjong walked out of his room wearing his uniform, his original hair colour and cut was back after the pink dye wore off. He saw his brother wearing a white button up shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. 

"Ready?" Sungyeol asked his nervous brother, Sungjong nodded and they both headed to the school. The graduation was held outside considering the huge amounts of graduating students along with their parents and other close relatives.

"We will now welcome this year's Valedictorian: Kim Myungsoo." the principal announced, everyone clapped and Myungsoo stood up from his seat and walked to the podium. He scanned the crowd and started the speech.

"Good afternoon teachers, administrative staff, relatives and fellow graduates. I want to start by answering the question that's on everyone's minds right now, yes I don't have a written paper of my speech, why? Because this speech is suppose to be from the heart, am I nervous? No because courage is something we're all going to need. We need to have the courage to step into the big world, the courage to say what we want, to confront the negative, courage to stand up for the positive, and the courage to be who you are. These past four years, has been a huge rollercoaster ride......." 

A few paragraphs later

"..... What I leave with you, the class of 2011, is we must reach our ultimate goal in life: Happiness. To those of you who dozed off now, or over the past 4 years, now would be a good time to wake up. Thank you." With that the crowd applauses and Myungsoo steps down and back to his seat.

After the graduation ceremony, the crowd disperses to take pictures of the fresh graduates and celebrate. Myungsoo takes a few pictures with his family but then immediately enters the gym where the dance was held. Sungjong looked around for Myungsoo to congratulate him when a stranger blocked his way, the small-eyed man smiled at Sungjong and introduced himself. 

"Hello my name is Kim Sunggyu, I'm Myungsoo's cousin. You're Sungjong  right? Lee Sungjong?" Sungjong nodded his head as he bowed and shook the man's hand.

"Hello Sunggyu-ssi, nice to meet you," Sungjong introduced himself, Sunggyu ruffled Sungjong's hair and chuckled,

" Ah~ so I finally meet the Lee Sungjong, you know I hear about you alot from Myungsoo mostly about how cute you are or how in love he is. Oh I think you're also the Lee Sungjong he's talking about." Sungjong looked confused and was about to ask who 'he' is when Sunggyu beat him to it.

"Sorry it's that 'he' is my best friend, I don't know if you remember him or know him but his name is Nam Woohyun." Sungjong was now shocked as the information sunked inside his head, of course Sunggyu was obvlivious to his reaction as he continued on, "anyways, Woohyun has been talking about this 'Sungjong' ever since I met him. He always told me how sorry or guilty or regretful he is but he won't tell me why. But enough about that, I wanna congratulate you and Myungsoo on graduating high school and going to college or university soon but I can't find the little brat anywhere," Sungjong tuned him out after that as soon as flashbacks were appearing. Flashbacks about Woohyun, Junior high, Myungsoo, his mother. He was becoming dizzy and just feels like he's going to faint.

Sunggyu is a very talkative person as Sungjong can't even utter a word out the whole time they were talking.

After conversing with Sunggyu and saying their goodbyes, Sungjong looked around for his brother when a litle girl came up to him holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate. The little girl looked so familiar and as he was about to thank the girl, she ran away. Sungjong was about to catch up to the kid until Sungyeol pratically screamed his name so loud that people around him were silent for a few seconds and then went back to their own conversations, Sungjong turned around and hit his forehead when he saw Sungyeol embarrasing himself over a 'lost cat-like human' of course he tried to slink away in the crowd when Sunyeol spotted him. Sungyeol ran to Sungjong and gave him a big bear hug with a touch of spin, Sungjon glaughed and hugged his brother one-sidedly. 

"Yah~ my baby is finally grown up, look at you-- ohh chocolates." Sungyeol snatched the box of chocolates and tired to take one chocolate when Sungjong whacked him with his diploma.

"Eishh-- first of all the chocolates are mine, second thank you big brother," Sungjong hugged Sungyeol who almost resembled a puppy being scolded but then grinned and hugged his brother again (also stole a chocolate piece)

"Did mom and dad arrive from their flight yet?" Sungjong asked as he and Sungyeol were walking to the gym where Sungyeol is going to be chaperoning Sungjong's prom.

"Not yet but they said they might arrive before the last dance of the night to pick us up," Sungyeol responded back as they entered the gym, the graduates were in dresses and tuxes as they danced. The lights were neon and Sungyeol started dancing to get through the crowd while Sungjong just followed him with a weirded out expression.

 

****

 

The last dance was beginning and as expected it was a slow song, Sungjong was about to go back to his seat after dancing with Baekhyun and Chunji to a pop song but the two was whisked away by their boyfriends before he could finish their hug. Suddenly he felt an arm grad his wrist and turned around to look at who it was, Sungjong was dumbfounded to see it was Myungsoo.

"May I have this last dance?" Myungsoo asked politely. The latter nodded and was lead to the dancefloor, Sungjong thought that Myungsoo was avoiding him and was still mad but it seemed as if he was okay now.

The song was "When you're gone" by Avril Lavigne.

Myungsoo specifically requested for this song, he wanted Sungjong to know that when he left, no matter what he was always in Myungsoo's mind and heart. 

"I thought you're still mad at me.." Sungjong started as they were dancing, Myungsoo looked intently at him, he was still beautiful. 

"You're beautiful, even though you're a boy you still make my heart beat. No one has ever got through me but you, why did you leave me? Why did you ran away? I wanted to run after you but.." Myungsoo started but he stopped due to the tears blurring his vision,

"Why didn't you run after me?" 

"I thought you wanted space, give you time to think but I guess you thought long enough that you can live without me now," 

"L-hyung! I-- what... " Sungjong was lost for words, he wanted to say that he couldn't live without him, that everything reminds him of Myungsoo.

"It's ok Sungjongie, you're free now but can I have one last kiss? I wanted to be your first and your last but for now I'll let you go." Myungsoo gave no time for Sungjong to respond as he took his lips, it was innocent but full of passion. He whispered, 

"Goodbye."

Myungsoo let go of Sungjong and walked away.

                                                          When you walk away I count the steps you take

                                                            Do you see how much I need you right now?