Chapter 14

To be continued...

HEY HEY HEY~ Im back!! This story just got 55 SUBSCRIBERS!! yay :DDD I SARANG YOU ALL MY LOVELIES~~ I would like to welcome our newest subscriber:

acadecfan04  and sone4lifee Yup my new years resolution is to be more focused on this story for by subbies^^ unless you know school interferes 

little heads up--- I DONT KNOW THE KOREAN SCHOOL SYSTEM SO IM GOING TO REFER TO THE CANADIAN SCHOOL SYSTEM


 

 

"Congratulations Mr. Kim. You are now officially a Woollim Entertainment family member." The CEO, also known as Lee Jung-Yeop congratulated the new rookie who will debut under Woollim Ent. in a months time. The young man did not falter but only lightly smiled at the CEO.

 

****

 

"Woollim Entertainment has introduced a new family member in the company, although the representative has declared that the new rookie will not show his face but  will go under the stage name of L. It is also said that Mr. L will most likely be writing songs for his labelmates such as their new rookie girl group Lovelyz. It will be a rare occasion to hear his voice but this has already been a hot issue amongst fans..." Little Yuki was watching TV in the living room while her dad was baking cookies when Sungyeol came running down the stairs with his phone and wallet in hand.

"I'm leaving to go to the cafe, one of our workers called an emergency, so yea see ya." With that Sungyeol hurriedly left the house, leaving a pregnant and certainly grumpy Mimi, Hiro, Yuki, and Sungjong to wonder what is so important that he made up an excuse considering that he closed the cafe for the day. The rest looked at each other (excluding Yuki) and eventually Sungjong was kicked out to find what Sungyeol was doing.

 

 

Sungjong was walking about exactly 10.9 steps behind Sungyeol, occasionally hiding behind a post or tree when the latter looked back. Sungyeol seemingly oblivious of the situation continued onward to a music shop, Sungjong was confused why his brother would go to a music shop especially one that's really unkept, and really dark.

 "Now why would my brat of a brother go to a place like this?" Sungjong muttered lowly, looking around and saw old instruments and albums from way back in the old days when he spotted the piano classics; he found himself smiling while looking at the piano classics.

Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, this is piano heaven~! Sungjong thought, forgetting about his mission. He looked for his favourite piece: Moonlight sonata, a haunting piece that reminds him of loss of innocence, Sungjong kept looking around until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Panicked, he immediately grabbed the hand and used all his knowledge from watching kung-fu movies and flipped the stranger, which surprisingly worked. Sungjong smirked in triumph until he heard a groan emitted from the stranger, a very familiar stranger. 

 

"Oh my gash! Sungyeol hyung I am so sorry I did not see you there, are you ok?" 

"Of course I'm OKAY!! I'm not groaning in pain at all, now help me up." Sungjong qickly rushed to help his hyung up, after dusting him clean from the floor Sungyeol hit him in the back of his head.

"Yah, what are you doing here?" Sungjong pouted at the angry (not really) Sungyeol while rubbing his head,

"I was just minding my own business while taking a stroll in this beautiful afternoon until I saw this,,, cute store and decided to look around y'know," Of course Sungyeol would know why he was here, he scoffed and crossed his arms, "I mean why were you following me? Minding your own business my glorious , hah."

Sungyeol was pretty sure he heard Sungjong muttering about how his is not glorious at all but decided to ignore the younger, Sungjong bounced lightly on his feet as if wanting to ask a question so he sighed and proceeded to answer the younger's unvoiced answer.

"I'm planning to start a music night at the cafe and I wanted to put a piano somewhere around so I went here to buy a cheap but usable piano. It's not that hard to understand," Sungyeol explained, Sungjong thought for a moment probably trying to process if the idea is good. 

"So in other words: you're a cheapskate...?" Sungyeol's left eye twitch at the bluntness of the younger's words but bit back the urge to strangle the other. There was an awkward silence that followed with a hint of anger, Sungyeol coughed as if trying to get rid of the awkwardness while Sungjong preferred to look aimlessly around the room.

 

"Hey Sungyeol, you here to get what you ordered for ?" The newcomer, probably the owner or an employee, came in holding a bucket of CDs and a clipboard. Sungjong was confused, what did he order? I bet it's something stupid He gave a look over to Sungyeol, demanding to know what his actual intentions are but as stubborn as the latter is, Sungyeol ignored him not wanting to be caught.

"AHAHA! Namjoon ah-- I mean stranger I have never met before, what are you talking about? I came here to look for a piano..." the employee, now known as Namjoon, gave him a confused glance before putting the CDs in the bucket along the shelves,

"What are you talking about? Oh is he the one you were obsessing about over the pho---" Those questions caused Sungjong to be even more confused, YES THEY ARE ALL CONFUSED EXCEPT FOR THE STUPIDLY ADORABLE CHODING. But before Namjoon could finish his question, a hand was slapped to his mouth,

"AHHSUPPUPDUP! It was not obsessing and I came here for a piano." 

"Ok if this 'piano' is the limited edition porcelain piano then yes it's here, I'll go get in the back." With that said, Namjoon left the scene, Sungyeol felt uncomfortable with all the staring Sungjong was doing, and Sungjong is harshly staring at him in the sidelines. Suddenly Sungjong moved in front of Sungyeol, he gave a look asking what he really is doing but as he was about to open his mouth, Namjoon came back with a small box. Sungyeol was hoping for it to be in the DL, but the ever so dense Namjoon was pratically waving the small box in the air that was saying 'Hey I'm very expensive and a gift for someone, I'm basically more worth than your life, be jealous peasants."  But nooo, nope it's alright bro (hint: Sarcasm) 

Upon seeing the object in the air attached to an arm, Sungjong froze. He looked yet again at Sungyeol with a hint of judging in there,

"Oh yeah, a piano for music night. Gee that's an awfully small piano isn't it hyung?" 

"In my defense, it was very expensive too."

"How is that something to use as a defense? Who is that for? Is it a girl or a boy?" Namjoon, sensing trouble (really now you sense something? -Sungyeol) backed away slowly not wanting to get in the middle of the couple fight. I shall assume they are dating kekeke, he thought.

"Umm.. I'm sorry to break in the middle of the fight but I have a lunch break in a couple of minutes so can you hurry up with you lovers quarrel and give me the money for this," The siblings stopped and stared at the employee, Sungjong looked horrified that someone thought they were a couple while Sungyeol blushed lightly, he hit Namjoon's arm lightly,

"You think we look good together? I mean with my superior looks and talent and also wealth let's not forget that, I could pass up to be the wolrd's handsome boy with this beautiful lover of mine right?" Sungyeol pulled Sunmgjong to his side while explaining how awesome he is. 

In conclusion, Sungyeol managed to creep Namjoon out and will probably be seeking mental help soon but nonetheless he still paid lots of money for the porcelain piano, he also earned himself a slap in the head and a flick at the forehead. 

"You know you didn't have to hit me twice, I think I lost a few braincells," Sungyeol pouted and rubbed his poor forehead while Sungjong rolled his eyes, they entered a patbingsu restaurant and  placed in their order. Sungjong looked at the box with a wording that said "HANDLE WITH CARE" 

"Who is this for? Is it for Mimi noona or is it...?" He had a thought in mind but Sungyeol beat him to it.

"Aniya! You know I don't take in interests at anyone and it's not for Mimi noona and her baby either." 

"That's true, I mean you and Mimi noona dislike each other with passion and you have no friends, so who is really for?" Sungjong eyed the box while Sungyeol eyed the dessert laid out in front of them by a young waitress who was blushing profusely, who wouldn't when two handsome young men that looked liked kpop stars suddenly enter a patbingsu restaurant. Oh yeah great way to start your summer vacation.

 

****

 

While the female employees were admiring the two boys, the said boys were busy finishing their desserts slowly, excrutiatingly slow. One of the said boy with brown hair and lemon candy smile opened the box, the other said boy with brown but shorter in length hair and a gummy smile is admiring the latter who is currently opening the box. Sungjong opened the box, with permission of course, and saw a beautiful tiny porcelain piano, so hyung was half telling the truth, he thought as he inspected the piano. The antique like piano is covered in marvelous sequins of pink and green flowers, it stood on its legs, and when Sungjong opened the lid of the piano, moonlight sonata played. 

Sungyeol watched his brother's reaction, that smile on the latter's face was enough to melt Sungyeol' heart and before he knew it, a smile crept on his face too.

The music piece continued on and it drowned out the music from the TV in the restaurant where news of L was still showcased. Some girls in the restaurant fangirled at the chemistry and live fluffy , one girl was an ex- member of the MyungJong fanclub. She immediately texted Hoya and three minuted later he showed up, he internally died that his favourite ship just sank but this guy whoever he is does look good with Sungjong but he won't admit that.

Hoya looked over at the screen on the TV and yet again internally died. L, oh he knew L's true identity everyone in Sungjong school who referred Myungsoo as L knew his identity but it was a mystery why no one hasn't brought it up yet. The dancing puppy pouted and sat with the ex-member of the fanclub, there he ate with sorrow and ordered bowl after bowl. 

Eventually the Lee brothers left, they arrived home and Sungyeol hurriedly went upstairs claiming that he needed a shower. However, for Sungjong he was bombarded with questions from little Yuki and Mimi. 

"So did you find out? I have been inside the whole day with no gossip news, hubby won't let me go outside because it's too hot~" Mimi whined led Sungjong to the living room where their parents were, Yuki situated herself on Sungjong's lap once the latter sat down. 

"Jongie-kun where have you been all day? Yuki was bored without you~" The little girl demanded Sungjong, threatening to tickle him if he doesn't answer. A minute later little hands softly tickled Sungjong's sides causing Sungjong to laugh lightly. Sungyeol having finished his shower, went downstairs to see his parents in one couch smiling at the occupants on the other couch, while his sister and her husband are standing beside the couch where Sungjong and Yuki are with happy expressions too.

He looked over at Sungjong and Yuki who are laughing uncontrollably and couldn't help how beautiful Sungjong looked while smiling, it was like the memory of Myungsoo just disappeared, it was then at that moment that he promised to protect Sungjong from ever getting hurt again again

Sungyeol stepped into the living room, "Yeolli-kun! Help me tickle Jongie-kun, he left all day today so he has to get his punishment." Yuki called over to Sungyeol without stopping her raid, Sungjong laughed once again when the little hands along with bigger hands tickled his sides even more.

Ignoring his pleas to stop, Yuki and Sungyeol continued on until they heard a camera snap and a flash that couldn't be missed,

"Aish, Appa next time turn off the flash," complained Mimi standing beside her parents now who were taking pictures of the maknaes, 

"Yeobo, I think it's time for another  family picture don't you think?" Mrs. Lee said smiling widely that resembled Sungyeol's smile. A series of groans and shouts of hooray echoed in the house as the family situated themselves on the bigger sofa with Mimi, Mrs. Lee, Yuki and Sungjong (much to his protests) sitting on the couch while, Hiro, Mr. Lee, stood behind them. Sungyeol put the camera on a tripod and set up the timing, he rushed to his position beside his father after clicking the button, 5 seconds later the camera clicked and flashed, 2 minutes later they family took another picture but with funny faces. 

I promised I will never let you get hurt again, your smile is important to me.