Chapter 21

To be continued...

 

 

 

When we were younger, everything seemed easier.

Making friends.

Getting out of trouble.

Getting into trouble.

Even losing friends.

And when we became a little older, we understood different emotions beside happiness. To some, they discovered anger, pain, sadness, and hatred earlier than most. Not because of their broken toy or the rejection of dessert but because of their loved ones who walked out of their lives or made their lives a living hell.

The point is, emotions with us. They get in the way because of how confusing they are, but would you rather have someone who's been with you through ups and downs? Or leave them for your dream.

Difficult decisions huh?

 

Both Myungsoo and Sungjong wanted each other, they craved to see each other not just in their dreams but in reality. 

Myungsoo wanted to prove a point that nothing is holding him back from achieving his dream, sure it might not be on stage performing but at least everyone is able to hear his ability to make music. But he isn't proving anything to anyone but the love of his life. He knows well enough that he is in love with Sungjong, not just someone to fill in a spot in his heart but to build a home in it. And Sungjong filled it, he built a home in it, he is never moving away from the safe and warm embrace.

If that's the case, then why did he leave? Myungsoo wondered how such a weak excuse of a break up made him so broken. Sunggyu looked over at his cousin with pity. How is he supposed to console someone if he never had a lover himself? An idea popped in his head as he excused himself to call a certain friend of his.

Sunggyu grumbled at the drunk Myungsoo mumbling about the usual; his job, his relationship, his soon to be pet cat.

A palm was placed at the lower part of his back was about to ninja the shuriken out of the ert when a cheeky smile appeared in his line of vision.

"Yah! What the heck was that for?!" Roared the shocked Sunggyu as he repeatedly smacked the back of his friend's head. The latter gripped the back of his head in pain as he pouted at the older. Sunggyu rolled his eyes as he lead the younger towards the sulking Myungsoo downing his fifth illegal drink, oh what a great cousin Sunggyu is for letting the younger to drink before the legal age.

"Myung, meet my college roommate Woohyun." Myungsoo looked up at the mention and everything went black.

 

 

****

 

 

Sungyeol looked at the mess the boys had left in the living room. Hoya and Taehyung are squishing a peacefully sleeping Jungkook while Sungjong was draped over the couch, his upper body about to fall.

The eldest sighed and headed towards the kitchen, brewing his morning coffee. Sungyeol decided to cook the youngsters late breakfast consisting of breakfast sandwich with dark roast coffee.

The first to wake up from his slumber was Jungkook, who immediately went to cuddle up next to Taehyung. The younger gave Taehyung a kiss on the neck as he proceeded to bury his face deep in his boyfriend's chest.

Taehyung fluttered his eyes open when he felt kisses on his neck, he looked down to see his lover trying to shield the light of the sun shining down on them. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook enabling the younger to squeal at the sudden movement.

"Kya! Hyung that was totally unnecessary." The younger pouted. Taehyung chuckled, leaning in to steal a kiss.

"Sorry baby but I couldn't help but think you look so cute." Jungkook's pout faded, and the two found themselves in their own world, lost in each other's eyes.

A cough resounded and the two boys looked up to see Sungyeol with a cup of coffee in his hand staring at them. They scanned the room to see Hoya and Sungjong also awake watching them in silence. The boys stood up quickly, a deep red shade replacing their healthy complexion.

"Wow." Was the only comment made by Hoya as he and Sungjong headed to the kitchen to eat.

 

Sungyeol watched the three boys leave after saying bye, eyeing Sungjong as the younger waved his friends away from the living room window.

As soon as the door closed, Sungjong entered the living room and sat on the nearby couch. Sungyeol cleared his throat and placed himself beside his brother.

"You know we're going to have to talkabout this right?" The elder asked, pulling the book away from Sungjong. The latter looked up to retrieve his book but his brother;s height and longer wingspan made it difficult to get the book back.

"Can't we just delete what happened?" Sungyeol shook his head, leading Sungjong to sit back on the couch.

"I would agree with you but it already happened and something like this can't be easily forgotten." Silence ensude them for 10 minutes. Sungyeol spoke again.

"Listen, yes I like you. I don't know when but you just attracted me from the start...

"Can you please say something." Sungjong sat with a blank face as Sungyeol pleaded him to reply.

The tension in the room increased, Sungyeol felt his stomach twist. He felt the urge to throw up and his face heated up, making his ears go red. Fear struck him, wondering if Sungjong is disgusted by this attraction. He rubbed his palms together only to feel sweat, his stomach again felt like it's about to explode.

Sungyeol learned a new feeling, maybe not new but a feeling he has never felt before. He is pretty confident about everything but this one confrontation just broke that. 

He now knows how girls felt when they confessed to him or how others felt when performing, he always told his acquaintances that it isn't difficult to put yourself out there but of course Sungyeol never really knew how it feels in the first place. Gosh he is such a hypocrite.

"Fine, but we'll have to talk about this sooner than later." Sungyeol groaned and stood up to leave.

He left Sungjong alone and decided to head to the cafe to check up on inventory.

Sungjong hadn't move one bit, it was only then he realized that his phone buzzed. He checked the caller ID and his eyes widened.

Hesistantly, he clicked 'Answer;' and brought the phone closer to his ear.

"Hello--"

"Sungjong ssi?" The voice interrupted, it definitely did not sound like the person his caller ID showed. It made Sungjong wonder why he even answered in the first place.

"Uh who is this?" He asked hesitantly, standing up to walk over to the kitchen and grabbed the opened banana chips before settling down in the kitchen island.

"That's not important right now, um how do you stop a raging Myungsoo?" The voice asked desperately, Sungjong can't help but notice how the voice sounds very familiar. But aside from that, why is he askig Sungjong about his ex? Did Myungsoo move on that quickly?

"Sungjong ssi!" His phone shook slightly from the added volume, wait. What is wrong with Myungsoo?!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE IS RAGING?!" He shouts at the caller. This isn't good, Myungsoo is a lot of things when he shows emotions but anger is something he rarely sees but it causes a huge impact.

"Just please tell me how to stop it." The voice pleaded impatiently.

"Um OK, tell him no more creepshots."

"What?! Kids and their lingo, honestly." There were sounds of plates breaking, shouting, and the phone soundd like it was dropped.

"Jongie?" This voice certainly sounded like the caller ID, Sungjong isn't going to lie but it felt really nice to hear it once again. 

As much as he wanted to talk though, Sungjong is trying his hardest not to make a peep as he listened to the whines and demands of the other on the phone. Sungjong hung up quickly, he grasped his chest as he felt the beating of his heart increase. 

It felt really good to hear his voice again. As the tears fight its way of their release, Sungjong, in despair, quickly wipes it away.

This is not about you Sungjong, think of everyone else! He scolds himself. But is it really worth it, losing Myungsoo because of a bunch of petty words?

It took a couple of moments for Sungjong to realize that Myungsoo sounded drunk? His words were slurred, and the real Myungsoo would never break a promise even if it hurt him a lot more. 

But why is he drunk in the morning. Forget about the morning, why is Sungjong's loveable hyung even drinking? Myungsoo told him to never drink. 

"Aish! No, no more thinking about him." He muttered to himself as he headed off to take a shower.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

"KIM SUNGGYU! I will never, in my entire life, let you take me drinking again." Woohyun complained as he accepted the ice bag given to him, wincing when he applied the cold bag towards his cheeks.

"I didn't know Myungsoo would actually react like that." Sunggyu answered, Woohyun huffed looking over at the younger male passed out on the couch. Sunggyu followed his best friend's line of sight. He sighed.

"What happened between you guys anyways?" The small eyed male asked, sipping from his mug of coffee. Woohyun shrugged his shoulders, not really understanding why as well. His brain racked for a proper answer when a certain lemon candy boy appeared.

"Did Myungsoo happen to know a Lee Sungjong?" Sunggyu lifted an eyebrow but proceeded to answer.

"You mean his boyfriend? Or ex?" Sunggyu said. Woohyun smacked his forehead but immediately regretted that action as his face contorted in pain.

"Remember when I transferred to your school during my last year in middle school?" And so Woohyun proceeded to tell the whole story without leaving anything, it was time to finally get rid of this guilt that's been eating at him throughout the years. It pained him to think that even though he is happy, he knows that Sungjong might be in pain.

 

"So you lead him on thinking it might help your reputation as well as money?!" Sunggyu asks as he smacked the back of Woohyun's head only to apologize later for the pain it brought to the younger.

"Wah, Woohyun no wonder that kid seemed so troubled to be with Myungsoo. You actually ruined his own life as well as my cousin."

"Ok, I get it. Don't have to remind me so many times, I already feel guilty as it is." Woohyun pouted, placing his head on the table in shame. Sunggyu glanced over at his cousin on the couch then on the idiot pouting his life away.

"Well I guess it's time we end things once and for all then." Sunggyu sighed, grabbing his phone to call a certain little sunshine and headed out. He stopped at the doorstep to rethink his decision.

"Should I inform them I'm stepping out for a bit or let them handle it themselves? Nah, Myungsoo will wake up and Woohyun will be smart enough to run. Right?" He muttered to himself, ignoring the weirded out look he got from an old lady who walked passed him.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

"I don't understand though, they have the word berry literally in the name. Strawberries are so delicious yet confusing." An exaggerated Taehyung asks as he stares longingly at the strawberry in his hands. He thinks hard, then shrugs and proceeds to just eat the strawberry.

"Babe, I love you and all but this is the most stupidest thing you have ever said. No, this is ONE of the most stupidest thing you have ever asked." Jungkook replied, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Just saying." The elder mumbled, pouting at his strawberry bowl. The couple are currently at Taehyung's house after the sleepover, it's not really a surprise considering they are always together. AND I mean ALWAYS.

Suddenly, Infinite's "Be mine" blared throughout the house. Taehyung looked towards his phone on the counter, comtemplating whether he should answer or not.

Taehyung shrugged and continued eating his strawberries.

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his immature boyfriend and grabbed the phone to answer.

 

"Hello? This is Kim Taehyung's phone, you best not be some chick." He greeted the caller. An awkward cough resounded through the speakers of the phone.

"Uh, I'm his cousin Sunggyu. Who is this?" The voice asked. 

"Oh, my bad. I'm Taehyung's friend." 

"Oh, ok..." An awkward air hung as Jungkook kept his gaze towards the phone then reverted back to where his boyfriend is currently sitting.

"Uh, would it be ok if I speak with Tae?" Sunggyu asked, breaking the silence.

 

"Oh right, sure." Jungkook looked over at Taehyung. Would it be a bad time to interrupt the older who is currently complimenting the strawberry in his hand? Yeah it's better to interrupt.

"Babe! Some guy named Sunggyu wants to talk to you." Taehyung looked up with his eyes shining and ran over to take the phone hastily.

"Gyu hyung! Did you buy me the sweater I requested?" The young man asked excitedly. A chuckle was heard on the other line.

"Yah! You're lucky I can tolerate your hyperness, and yes I did buy it but you can't tell my parents about spending a little of my savings. " 

"I promise! Anyways, why did you call?"

"I have a little mission for you."

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 "Your mother and I have decided that in order for our hotel business to go up, we are thinking you should come to America for a little experience." 

"But I'm not-- I still have college and Uni here though."

"Well, we thought you would enjoy learning here instead.One of your father's business partner's wife is the head of the board of international schooling that's based in California."

".... Until when can I have time to think about this?"

"Until the end of summer. Honey we are just doing what we think is best for you and your education, please think carefully about this."

"Alright, I think about it."

"Good. We are going to fly back to Korea in a couple of weeks."

"Yes mother." He hung up the phone as he sat in his room. 

 

Few more weeks then huh?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for delaying this guys!! 

I am so ashamed but i shall try to update more often. I meant to post this on Myungsoo nim's birthday but I completely forgot because i was a bit busy 

 

Again one thousand cranes for a wish of forgiveness OTL