Chapter 18

To be continued...

 

 

No ones POV

 

He had a dream, no it was a nightmare. For the first time in three years he had a nightmare; it consists of clarity, purity, and love.

With the warm weather and the sun shining, the innocent smiles and conversation, and the way they gazed in each others eyes full of love.

All those wonderful things brought life but suddenly a storm raged in, it was no longer warm and sunny; it was cold and dark.

It was no longer innocent smiles and conversations; it was hushed whispers, secrets, and lies.

Nor was there love.

The two figures were in the rain, everyone had left. They didn't mind the rain, it was as if there was no rain to begin with.

The figures stared at the stranger in front of them, the smaller of the two figures is suddenly taken away by the stranger. His lover watched the scene unfold, it was hazy and blurry and it hurt, it hurt the most that the smaller was happy.

 

****

 

3am- Saturday of the second week of July

 

Sungjong woke up, a thin layer of sweat was visible on his forehead. He stood up and staggered his way to the bathroom, who were the strangers in my dreams? He thought, Sungjong stood in front of the mirror, his now black hair dripped with sweat and water and he ran his fingers through it.

"That dream became more clearer than the last time I had it.. Ahh I can't take it anymore, I need milk." He muttered to himself and proceeded to the kitchen quietly, careful not to wake the others up.

 

****

 

Around the same time, Myungsoo tossed and turned, he suddenly shot up with a gasp. He groaned as he looked at his phone, the bright light bothered his eyes but he can still make out the time. 3:13 am

Myungsoo sighed, he got up and went downstairs to the kitchen. On his way, he passed the study room and found a faint light seeping under the door. Myungsoo opened the door and peeked inside, he saw his mother on the table near the window with her head down snoring away. 

He grabbed a blanket from the drawer and draped it over his mother, Myungsoo being a little curious took a sneak peek at the documents scattered but stopped midway when his mother stirred a little bit.

In the end he left the documents alone, after all it is not his business no matter how curious he is but he couldn't help but be bothered by it especially after the drama on Thurday.

He left the room and continued his way to the kitchen to make himself a soothing, nice tea.

That dream, it has been reoccurring ever since he debuted.

What does it mean? Most importantly, why does it make his heart ache?

Myungsoo dispised that dream or whatever it is, it always left him feeling mad, scared..

empty, all the unpleasant feelings.

After finishing his tea, Myungsoo grabbed his sweater from the closet and made his way to his backyard. It was big enough to accomodate a mini hot tub and little playground set plus it has pretty flowers and still has enough room to just sit around and gaze up at the stars, lately Myungsoo has found himself watching the sky at night; it gave him a relaxing feeling, no schedules or other things to distract him and he loves it.

Myungsoo takes a big breath in and exhales loudly, he grabs his cellphone and goes on tumblr.

What a great night to see what "L" is doing hehe he thought to himself, when it sudddenly occurred to him,

"I just ruined my own mood, I'm even talking to my self." Myungsoo told himself but shrugs it off and continued on his phone. It what he is, a weird, lovable person.

"Let's see, wow there are alot of suspicions of who "L" is--" Myungsoo stopped when he heard a noise, rustling leaves and whispers. He called out lightly to who it was, when there was no answer, Myungoo freaked out and grabbed his things as quick as he can. 

He stopped his frantic movements when he heard laughter, he narrowed his eyes at the darkness, that annoying laugh I know who that is. He thought,

"Yah! Love birds what are you still doing up?" Myungsoo yelled at the culprits, suddenly the whispers and rustling came to a halt. Myungsoo came closer to the bushes and jumped on it, he realized he looked stupid but what the heck he was with his annoying cousin and his equally annoying lover. Couples.

A squeal was heard as he landed on the bush, he took a few sticks and it hurt but it was worth it having to jump at Taehyung. 

"Aish, hyung~ seriously, that hurt and your not exactly light." Taehyung complained as Jungkook soothingly rubbed his back, Myungsoo scoffed and replied,

"You deserved it, who the hell stays up at 3 am to scare their OLDER cousin?" Myungsoo emphasized the "older" part as he repeatedly tried to smack some sense into his dongsaeng but couldn't because, damn Jungkook for being a 3rd degree black belt.

 

****

 

After a few minutes of mindless insults at each other, Myungsoo and Taehyung finally calmed down as they drank some tea that Jungkook made while they two elder were being pabos.

"Now that we got your attention, tell us your story huh? huh? Please Hyung? " Jungkook pleaded with pouty lips, Taehyung was a little mad but.. no that's it he's mad at his boyfriend for showing aegyo to someone that isn't him.

"Tae, your boyfriend is adorable when he pouts you know that?" Myungsoo not-so-secretly whispers at Taehyung, he heard the latter growl lightly and decided to get a little pay back.

"Aigoo~ our Jungkookie is so adorable, Kookie want hyung to treat you to cookies? They're sweet, just like you~." Myungsoo cooed, enjoying the fuming alien beside him as he took Jungkook in his arms and hugged the life out of him. Jungkook blushed at the action while Taehyung gaped in shock,

"What the heck hyung, Kookie will never go for an old ert like you so leave him alone!" Now Taehyung is angry and an angry Taehyung is a distructive Taehyung.

Myungsoo laughed at his cousin's reaction and decided to stop as to not let the neighborhood suffer from loud noises so early in the morning, he let go of the blushing boy with a laugh.

Taehyung stopped, he hasn't heard that laugh in a long time. This Sungjong kid was something and it made him wonder how he never met the famous Lee Sungjong. 

 "Hyung, you should laugh like that more." Taehyung commented as he wrapped an arm around Jungkook and whispered in his ear, this action caused the younger boy to laugh. Myungsoo cocked an eyebrow, something is wrong with his cousin.

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked, Taehyung looked at the elder with a serious face.

"I mean laugh sincerely like you used to whenever I tell you a horrible joke."

It was true, Myungsoo was at his happiest when he was with Sungjong. Myungsoo used to be a tough ice to break, he hated socializing, barely smiled, and doesn't even bother trying to act nice when someone tries to be friends with him. 

He had a lot of hope that he would be able to find his love. Myungsoo wants to be romantic, he loved to make people happy but he found it difficult to be someone he wants to be. Like the expressions he wants to show can't be found unless there is a trigger.

He has a trigger...

Myungsoo had a trigger.

 

****

 

The sun shone brightly, Myungsoo opened his eyes and looked at his surroundings. Sure enough he's still in the backyard, along with Taehyung and Jungkook who were huddled together with his sweater. 

Myungsoo got up and headed back inside, once inside he saw his mother cooking breakfast with a happy expression. It was an unusual sight ever since that happened, but he ignored it and muttered a small 'good morning,' to which Mrs. Kim hummed back in acknowledge.

Little Munsoo waddled down the stairs holding a stuffed bear looking all cute and stuff that you just can't resist to pinch his cheeks.* With his sleepy smile, Munsoo ran to his hyung and tackled him to the ground. Myungsoo groaned at the sudden impact so early in the morning but nonetheless took the opportunity to play around with his little brother before the latter decides that he isn't cool anymore.

"Neh Myung hyung, I want to go to the park today, can we pwease?" Munsoo asked with big puppy eyes, adding a little aegyo. Myungsoo, not being able to resist cute things, was hypnotized and agreed immediately. He could just cancel his schedule for another day, Heechul won't mind.

Munsoo was delighted and bounded up to his mom for breakfast so he can change fast,

"Wait Munsoo ah, it's too early for the park. Let's go later ok?" Munsoo sadly nodded and ate his breakfast much slower than he usually does to past more time.

Myungsoo chuckled at his brother's actions, at this moment Taehyung and Jungkook came in yawning and rubbing their tired eyes. They seated themselves in the kitchen island beside Munsoo wordlessly, Mrs. Kim handed them their plates while smiling widely, at this moment she is fangirling about her nephew and his boyfriend.

"Auntie, stop smiling creepily. You're freaking Kookie out." Taehyung commented, while eating the piece of fruit Jungkook handed him.

A shrill shriek resonated in the kitchen which made everyone stop what they were doing, they all looked at the culprit and saw a sight that isn't surprising at all. Mrs. Kim was holding out her phone while taking pictures with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Omma, stop fangirling over Tae hyung and Kookie hyung." Said Munsoo halfheartedly while chewing on a piece of bacon. Even though he is only 4 years old, Munsoo knows enough about heartbreak, and my more you didn't think a 4 year old would know.

Mrs. Kim fanned herself from the feels overtaking her, and tried to calm herself down. Once settled down, Mrs. Kim stared at the kids with a huge smile on her face.

Everyone just ignored her and continued eating for the rest of breakfast.

 

****

 

"Yah! What do you mean you're cancelling today's schedule?!" Myungsoo directed his phone away from his ear, Heechul started swearing in different languages to get the point across that he was indeed mad or furious, which ever works.

After his shower, Myungsoo called his manager to inform him that he will be postponing his schedule due to personal reasons and it seems as though Heechul didn't understand.

"Hyung this is a very critical time period, people are always moving fast and no one has time for anything especially politeness and gratitude." Myungsoo started not knowing where this conversation is going at all, 

"Yah, Kim Myungsoo what the heck are you talking about?" Heechul's raspy voice sounded through the reciever, 

"All I'm saying is that maybe you, yourself, need some time to.. you know chill, relax, and enjoy this hopefully free day." Persuasion was Myungsoo's last hope, unfortunately it doesn't sound like it is working when you hear laughter as a response, the laughter stopped abrumptly

"I'm picking you up in 2o minutes and you better be ready." Heechul said and hung up at once.

Myungsoo sighed, no one ever wins when Heechul is involved. Myungsoo headed downstairs to tell the bad news to his little brother, it is going to be difficult but right now work is his main priority.

Myungsoo headed downstairs only to hear loud noises and screaming, how he didn't hear that from his room was unknown to all.

"Munsoo ah, hyung has to go to work today. Mianhae, maybe next time ok?" Munsoo looked at his older brother, then a lightbulb appeared.

"Hyung, can I come to work with you instead? Please?" He pleaded, Myungsoo was silent for a few seconds then smiled and nodded.

"Sure! I'm sure my manager won't mind right?"

 

****

 

HEY!! BORING CHAPTER BUT I JUST WANTE TO GET RID OF THE BORING ONES SO I CAN INTRODUCE THE EXCITING IN MY OPINION ONES.

ALSOO, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY (MAY 16) WOOOHOOO FOR ME.

AND ITS ALSO IU'S BIRTHDAY SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KOREA'S LITTLESISTER!!