Chapter 20

To be continued...

No Ones POV

 

Sungyeol leaned in, their breaths mingling. Sungjong's heart started to pace, the same way it did when he was with Myungsoo.

Sungyeol whispered, "I'm Sorry." and closed the gap. It was a soft kiss, with no intention of going anywhere; so pure telling Sungjong that "Yes, I am in love with you but we can't..." 

A single tear fell from his eyes, Sungyeol hadn't noiced how broken he is until this. Sungjong felt tears, and stepped back from the kiss. 

There, his brother Sungyeol, stood sobbing. The first time Sungyeol ever cried in front of Sungjong, his immediate reaction was to hug his crying hyung, telling him that everything will be ok but they both knew that it wasn't.

Unable to think, Sungjong put his arms around Sungyeol's waist and pulled him closer but not saying anything. They stood there in the summer night, in each other's embrace. They didn't notice a figure in the darkness witnessing their long kiss.

He looked down knowing that it was too late, his pantings from all the running he did slowed down but all that was just wasted to see this. His Sungjong being taken away from him just like his dream.

 

****

 

Sungyeol groaned, shifting in his bed as the sunlight invaded his room. He laid there not moving, flashes of last night still fresh in mind; the kiss, him crying. Sungyeol thrashed in his bed silently, he and Sungjong hadn't talked since last night and it's starting to worry him a lot. 

Sungyeol needed to apologize and explain why he did that, but how can he face his brother now? 

Brother, huh? No matter how long it has been, it still stings his heart to address the boy he kissed just last night as his brother.

Technically, by blood, Sungjong isn't your brother..

"Shut Up brain, don't talk me out of this." Sungyeol paused, sighing in relief as he was the only one in his OWN room.

"Phew! For a minute there, I thought I was going crazy. And I'm talking to myself, yeah ok I'll take it." Sungyeol got up and headed out to his bathroom to wash up, thank goodness he has his own bathroom or else he would have to put up with the awkwardness if he was sharing a bathroom with Sungjong.

After brushing his teeth and washing his face, Sungyeol headed downstairs to see if Sungjong was there.

To his not so much of a  surprise, Sungjong wasn't there. Looking around, he found breakfast made and a note attached. 

Hyung,

     I'm over at Sunjung's, my other mom, apartment, I will be back at around 4 pm just in time to make dinner.

Remember your schedule for today and make sure to check the cafe. 

Sungjong. 

Sungyeol looked over at the clock in the microwave, 10:30 am. Judging by the warmth of the food, Sungjong left around 9:30.

Sungyeol grumbled to himself and ate his breakfast silently. The ticking of the clock and silence is just too much for him, Sungyeol needs a least a little noise around the house.

Usually Sungjong would converse with him about what they are going to do today and walk him to the cafe but Sungjong left early.. 

Probably to avoid your sick a--

"Aish, I wonder if I can schedule a psychologist appointment too?" Sungyeol mumbled to himself, and grabbed his to go cup of coffee and headed to the cafe.

 

****

 

Sungjong walked up the familiar path, as he neared the gate a happy bark was heard.

MJ the dog greeted Sungjong with a on the cheek, Sungjong laughed at the dog's hyper bounces as he stood up and greeted Hoya with a bro hug.

"Didn't you say you were going to your mom's house?" Hoya questioned as they were heading out, Sungjong hummed. "Yeah but I'm going to bring you and the maknaes to meet her too." The younger replied, Hoya looked at him in confusion.

"But we just met them yesterday, isn't it a bit early?"

"Technically I have met Taehyung once, what's the harm? T

hey are just starting high school and they seem nice plus I met you this summer too."

Hoya was silent for a while. "But that's different, I know you more than you know yourself."

"Yeah think about that for a minute, you're creepy. Period." Hoya whined the rest of the way to Taehyung's house.

 

After a 10 minute walk they neared Taehyung's house, Sungjong felt his stomach tighten.

He almost forgot that Taehyung lived near his cousin and every step caused his stomach to twist, there was a moment where Sungjong thought of turning back at the sight of the house and its memories but he knew he would not be able to meet him there and just continued, ignoring the unsettling feeling.

Hoya noticed the look on Sungjong's face as they neared the house but before he could say anything a black van honked at them to hurry up and cross the road, the two scampered across and just continued running all the way to Taehyung's house. 

The two arrived, panting and laughing at the rush they felt.

Jungkook opened the door, wondering why the two were running to which they replied with another soft laugh and got inside the house with Jungkook following them. 

A figure next door closed the curtains in his living room and left with a sad and frustrated sigh. 

"Thanks for inviting us hyung." Jungkook said as they entered the kitchen where Taehyun was seated with a spoon on his mouth and a tired look, Sungjong smiled and sat down next to Hoya who was seated beside Taehyun. 

"It's no prob, it's really funny though." Everyone in the kitchen looked at Sungjong asking him to go on, "I mean, it's like I have known you guys longer than just THIS summer you know." Each nodded their heads, knowing how he felt.

After finishing their cup of coffee, they cleaned up and went off.

 

****

 

Sunjung just returned from the grocery store with a bag of vegetables and fruits. As she opened the front entrance of her apartment, Sunjung noticed a group of teenagers peeking in and trying to open the second door of the entrance. She noticed a tuff of black hair in the front cupping his eyes to see if anyone is on their way out, Sunjung chuckled which caught the attention of the boys.

Sungjong turned around and saw his mother, immediately he ran towards Sunjung and engulfed her in a hug. The latter tried to reciprocate the action but couldn't because of the grocery bags, the others noticed and hurriedly tried to grab hold of each bag to help out. Once Hoya took the last bag, Sunjung hugged her son who hasn't lt go at all.

Once Sunjung and the boys got out of the elevator in the fourth floor, they scrambled to find room 407 as the lady had told them. Sungjong smiled as he witnessed his friends talking to his mother like she is their favourite Aunt, but the watermelon he was holding was starting to become really heavy so encouraged his mother to hurry up.

 

Myungsoo stared out the window, sighing every one in awhile looking out into the streets. He was currently in his little office with Heechul on the verge of throwing his "BIG MISTAKE" eraser at Myungsoo. Sunggyu stood in the other side of the room from Myungsoo, just watching him.

"Hyung, does he not notice me?" Sunggyu whispered to Heechul who looked ready to snap. "The brat hasn't done anything ever since he entered the company building an hour ago." 

Sunggyu came to visit his cousin mostly because he was bored. 

That's it. 

Kim Sunggyu had done all the things he wanted to do in the summer in a mere few weeks, but in his defense his university let them out earlier than high schools.

AND dear Myungsoo is just sad.

"Alright, I think it's time for favourite cousin to step in." Sunggyu announced mostly to Heechul. Myungsoo stayed unmoving, sighing for how many times occasionally muttering depressing sayings.

Sunggyu gripped onto Myungsoo's chair and spun him around as the latter gasped in shock. "Now that I got your attention, Heechul hyung over there is about to lose his hair if you don't do something that will rid me of this boredom."

Myungsoo's ear perked, "That voice. Hyung will you sing something for me? Thanks. Manager nim, prepare the recording booth."

Heechul jumped in excitement, finally his talent is actually doing something that can benefit both him and this cousin.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu is still confused at what he is supposed to sing until Myungsoo took out a binder full of loose sheets and opened to probably the most tidiest out of the binder and handed his cousin a sheet music with lyrics.

"You're  a music minor so you can probably read the music here, head to the booth next door and do some vocal exercises with the vocal coach for a few minutes while I get my together." Myungsoo said in a rush as he pushed Sunggyu out of his office, he then went on to find the hard drive he had saved just for this oppurtunity.

Sunggyu entered the booth with hesitance, looking around as a bunch of people were running around the moderately large recording studio. Some were running with water bottles and snacks while others were with equipment, there are around 10 people in the studio and as he entered the booth, he noticed a woman in her early 30s waiting impatiently for him to start.

The woman introduced herself as Mrs. Park, that's it no first name or anything.

The lady took his sheets and read over the title, "Hmm, I need you. Nice title, looks like L wrote something with a lot of emotions." 

And with that, Myungsoo entered with his laptop and is prepared to produce a new song.

 

****

 

Sunggyu is exhausted, Myungsoo, yet again for the nth time, had scolded him for his lack of emotions. Sunggyu checked his phone and saw that it was almost 10 pm, his stomach is growling and Myungsoo wouldn't let him rest until they got the emotions correct.

"Aish, hyung you lack emotions. I said to think deeply and imagine someone in your life that you love and desperately need." Myungsoo explained over the mic.

"Myungsoo ah why don't you sing, maybe then you'll be satisfied. plus I'm hungry and I'm pretty sure everyone else is too, give us a break."

Myungsoo looked around and saw that everyone else seemed drained out, his manager even who was sleeping on the couch with a few others.

"Fine, we'll continue tomorrow. For now I want everyone to rest, I"m going to review the very few samples we have." Myungsoo instructed, everyone else in the room scrambled to their feet and ran out the door. Sunggyu got out of the booth and sat next to Myungsoo who seem fixated on his lapto.

"Myung, why are you so moody today? This morning you were all gloomy and angsty, in the afternoon was a mess of emotions and now you're grumpy."

Myungsoo stayed quiet, "You know, usually you would ramble on about Sungjong everytime I visit.Did you two fight or something?"

"NO!" Myungsoo said abruptly, the elder then got annoyed by the following silence and decided enough was enough.

"Kim Myungsoo, if you don't tell me what's wrong right now I will expose to the world your biggest secret, and I know you know which one." Myungsoo was startled for a bit and wondered what secret his cousin was talking about, the  his eyes widened.

"That's right, the BEACH INCIDENT!!" His cousin shouted loudly, causing Heechul to arose from his slumber in panic. The beach incident was when Myungsoo was around 12 years old and he was swimming in the ocean a bit farther than his relatives when he had the sudden urge to use the little bo-- ok yeah it should never be mentioned ever again.

Anyways, after Heechul left to go get coffee and start the van, Myungsoo discussed what is happening lately. Sunggyu was surprised, Myungsoo and Sungjong seemed so in love with each other, Sungjong's excuse was pretty weak too. After some coaxing and a promise of Kimchi assortments, the two Kims locked up the studio and left to go home.

 

****

 

It was around 11 pm, when the four boys returned home from a visit to Sunjung's home. Sunjung seemed so excited and happy over seeing his son again that she cooked a meal fit for a King and his servants of 6, Taehyung seemed to be happy about it.

The four boys were walking to Sungjong's house after deciding that they all should just sleepover since it was late. Sungjong was preparing the clothes and blankets when Sungyeol came down stairs to see what the commotion was, when he saw Sungjong he immediately engulfed him in a hug.

"Sungjongie, I thought you were going to come home before dinner. You're late.... by alot." Sungyeol said as he buried his face deeper on Sungjong's nape. 

Everyone else stared at the 2 hugging figures, and by everyone else, I meant Taehyung and Jungkook; Hoya has met Sungyeol so many times to comprehend that the hug was a show of missing that person.

Although, as Hoya looked glanced at the brothers bickering he can tell something was off by the way Sungyeol was holding onto Sungjong. There was a hint of.. love? And longing.

When Sungyeol finally left them alone to sleep in the living room, everyone gathered around to play cards. The squad was a giggling mess everytime someone, most likely to be Jungkook, messed up. And everytime he did, Taehyung would kiss him telling him how perfect he was even after an embarrassment, though he did giggle too.

Sungjong stared at the couple as they tried to tikle a teasing Hoya to the ground, Taehyung noticed his stares and allowed Jungkook to take over thier tickling session.

"What's wrong hyung?" He asked as they continued to watch a struggling Hoya laughing while being tickled to death. Sungjong looked over at Taehyung and then answered.

"You know, I really admire your and Jungkook's relationship." Taehyung just stared occasionally using a pillow to hit the two idiots still fighting, "How so?" He replied.

"Because you two are brave," By this time Jungkook and Hoya decided to join in their conversation too.

"Well, I am haha." Taehyung joked, Sungjong joined in laughing as well while Jungkook just rolled his eyes.

"Haha, I'm pretty sure you are, but I'm talking about how open you guys are about your relationship." 

"It's not like we're not scared, it's just that I really like Taehyung and not being by his side makes me feel like I just lost something so precious." Jungkook answered as he kissed Taehyung on the cheek

."Yeah, I mean if you really like someone to the point of feeling like you can't see yourself without him in the future then you know that you'll do anything for him to show just how much you care." Taehyung added, at this point all Sungjong can see is a very vague picture of him holding hands with someone.

"Really? So what if you guys have been together for like 3 to 4 years and the first two years was the bestest years of your life, then one of you suddenly gets so insecure with the glares and the name calling you guys have been recieving that it gets to the point of breaking up with him?" Everyone on the room was staring at Sungjong who looked ready to break down, but endured it and looked up waiting for an answer.

"Three years to me isn't enough to see how much you really love a person," Jungkook started. "But if you feel a deep connection with this person then it's enough to know how much you care about him. It seems to me that this person is still trying to figure out how he feels for the other to the point of seeing his insecurities growing bigger." Sungjong stared, he stared at a soon to be freshman who seemed to already take on the world.

"I disagree with you babe, three years with the same person and never looking at anyone else is showing how much you care to this person." Taehyung then said. "But letting them go like that does show that you made a decision to show that you're not ready. I don't know, it really depends on your feeling, if your heart still beats for that same person then you know you still love him."

"We don't know where the future will take us but I know that everytime I look at Taehyung, it feels like we just kissed for the first time and feel fireworks everytime." Jungkook ended, staring lovingly at his boyfriend.

Sungjong sat quietly, listening to the young couple who already knew so much of the world and how to handle it. On the other hand, Hoya wondered if he will have something like Taehyung and Jungkook. Then he saw them leaning in to kiss,

" Ew, if you guys end up making love, I will attack both of you with a pancake." He said and got prepared for a fight about to go down. Taehyung and Jungkook both blushed and proceeded to hit him with pillows.  

Sungjong joined them as well, but he thought of nothing. 

 

 

-----

 

HAPPY (LATE) BIRHTDAY TO SUNGJONGIE. I KNOW HE IS OLDER THAN I BUT MY BABY IS GROWING UP SO MANLY YET BEAUTIFULLY, IF THAT MAKES SENSE.

alright bi bi