Chapter 1

To be continued...

EDITED!! just a reminded tht this was when MYUNGJONG was in first year of high school while Sungyeol was in seccond year. Also this is like pretty short so..... Im soory for making this boring but I am honestly in a writers block somewhat.


Sungyeol rolled his eyes at the two immature boys in front of him, it's not even something that big to fight about. Myungsoo and Sungjong were given the fortunate news of being the leads in the school production of Sungyeol's literature project. A beautiful rendition of a modern Romeo and Juliet where Juliet didn't need no man to be happy, and definetly no death over some teenage love, yeah that's it. But since we're talking about Sungjong and Myungsoo here, obviously something would go wrong.

"Listen guys, it tears my heart to let my precious child go but my grades matter more so go with it or you can just enjoy the rest of your high school career knowing that your participation marks will always be low and that means no college or university. Just saying." Sungyeol deapanned, clearly irritated that he is missing lunch to solve such petty fight.

The freshman boys never really got along, Myungsoo seems to really enjoy annoy the living hell out of Sungjong who just wants to rip the former's head off. Currently, Sungjong is immensely glaring at a smirking Myungsoo over a part in the play. Why? Well, both boys had tried out for the male lead and Myungsoo had won while Sungjong became the understudy.

But unfortunately the female lead and understudy had mysteriously both dropped out due to some circumstances cough/Chunjoe/cough, without a female lead they were forced to improvise thus the situation now. Currently in the hallway making a scene.

“I’m not going to be the FEMALE lead!” Sungjong stated, emphasizing the word female. Myungsoo rolled his eyes at the dramatic stomp and huff.

“Well too bad, you know the female lead very well and plus you have the looks for it!” replied a smirking Myungsoo, picking on his nails. Yeah he is going to win this, because you know once Myungsoo wants something, he gets. 

“But Yeollie hyung~ I don’t look good in skirts! You’re just punishing me because I accidently broke your fave sunglasses, right?” Sungjong whined with a little pout at the end, yeah trick him with cuteness will work.

“Look I am not punishing you, it’s more like punishing me.” Sungyeol mumbled the last part so no one heard it but obviously our friend Myungsoo heard the comment and raised a brow. Sungyeol checked his phone for the time-- wait what?

“YOU who broke my sunglasses?!? You told me that Dongwoo threw it at the wall?” Sungyeol exclaimed, pointing a finger at his brother, ignoring Myungsoo's comment of how pointing is bad.

“DUH! You believe that dinosaur gets mad, he doesn’t even get mad when you did that vinegar trick.” Sungjong responded as he crossed his arms, somewhere in background is Myungsoo bursting out into fits of laughter.

“HAHAHA! Man I wish I could’ve seen that—dafuq stop hitting me?” Myungsoo cried out, but to no avail Sungjong kept on hitting him with the script.

“Shut up! Shouldn’t you be with your people or something?” growled Sungjong, annoyed at the fact that his situation isn't eve fixed.

“Oh , I forgot today the cafeteria's selling Udon. I got to go and Sungjong,” Myungsoo hasitly said and left but not before making a heart with his hands and stalked out of the classroom leaving Sungjong and Sungyeol (who was cowering in fear because of how scary Sungjong is when mad) alone.

Sungjong scoffed, “Like I’ll ever like you. And YOU!” Sungjong raised his index finger and pointed at Sungyeol, "..Explain why you agreed to this." Sungyeol nervously chuckled and ran to who knows where leaving a frustrated Sungjong in the hallway alone as he threw a mini tantrum.

 

 

***
 

 

“Run away with me, people will judge us here just say yes and we can be happy together.” Myungsoo pleaded, tears threatening to fall.

“Oh Romero, I would love to but how? I love you but what about my parents, what about your parents. Surely, they will be angry.” Tears fell as Sungjong replied. Myungsoo looked back at the script, then stared straight at the smaller's eyes.

“Don't you trust me?”

“I do but-.”

"Then come with me, we will be happy together."

Myungsoo inched closer to Sungjong, their lips a centimetre apart, Sungjong closed his eyes as he felt their breathing mingle. 

“CUT!” The director shouted, voice booming across the stage. The boys immediately jumped apart and looked away from each other due to awkwardness.

It was after school and they were practicing the play for the first time with Sungjong as the lead. Myungsoo was internally gushing at how close he was to Sungjong's lips while Sungjong was starting to get really pissed off.

“That was ok, maybe we should erase the kissing scene hmm? Yeah, I wrote this so why not.” Sungyeol stated loudly, failing to see a pout from Myungsoo.

“Hyung~ isn’t it obvious I am a man! I tried out for the role of the male lead, it wasn’t my fault that the female lead and understudy suddenly couldn't be in the play.” Sungjong stated with an obvious frown displayed upon his face which made both Sungyeol and Myungsoo internally spazzing out at how cute Sungjong is, when suddenly a loud clang was heard from backstage forced them to snap out of their conversation ignoring Sungjong, who was listing some facts on why someone else should be the female.

They ran backstage to investigate the noise, leaving Sungjong to continue on his rant not, not paying one single attention to what just happened.

When they reached backstage all they saw and heard was Chunji scolding LJoe, Baekhyun and chanyeol for their clumsiness. Apparently the troublemakers were teasing Ljoe’s height and the said guy was so pissed off that he threw a chair at the couple but missed and instead hit the props for the play.

“Awww~ come on Chunji you’re not going to ignore me are you? I said sorry already and I will fix it. Are you going to throw our relationship just because of some prop?” Ljoe whined and threw a pouty face at his boyfriend,

“Some prop? That was a masterpiece, you can’t just recreate such beautiful piece of art in one try it takes time for it to be perfected. I swear if this play doesn’t turn out a success, you are banned from kissing.” Ljoe's eyes widened, how is he supposed to express his love and showcase who Chunji belongs to? This world is so cruel!

Chunji turned towrds the other two troublemakers scolding them for their carelessness. the witnesses just shrugged knowing that the situation is already taken care of thanks to their amazing backstage director.

 

 

***

 

“… and that’s why someone else has to be the female lead because I am not doing it!” Sungjong who wasn't aware of the commotion finished his long list of 'Why I shoudn't be the female lead." Just as the two other boys ccame back.

“Huh? Did you say something Sungjong?” Sungyeol asked not remembering that Sungjong was still talking to him while the whole fiasco with the backstage crew happened.

Sungjong gasped and strutted his way out of the stage and to the cafeteria mumbling about how he should be treated with respect while shunning people that were in his way. He decided to go to a little cafe after a while of waiting for Sungyeol to drop him off home, and so he went merrily skipping and being the happy kitten he is after cooling down from all the drama at rehearsals.

 

Sungjong hummed a song as he trotted home after an hour at the cafe, surely a hot lemon tea could calm him down but everytime he tried to take a sip he ended up smiling over nothing then he would feel a warm shock course through him as he was reminded of the rehearsal and his almost kiss with Myungsoo. Sungjong didn't know why but he would have these feelings over someone who continuously and it wasn't a bad feeling, it was a feeling that would make him giggle like cupid just shot an arrow to a middle school girl. 

As Sungjong was walking home, he felt like he was being followed and tried to walk faster but was too late as the stranger took hold of his wrist. Now Sungjong started panicking but stopped as he heard a low chuckle so familiar, he slowly turned around and saw Myungsoo with a pleased look. Annoyed, Sungjong tried to free himself.

"W-wait! Wait, sorry for scaring you but I couldn't help myself," Myungsoo tried to explain but couldn't help but laughed as he found Sungjong's reaction to be quite funny.

"What do you want?" Sungjong voiced out after recollecting himself, annoyed with the fact that the man he was giggling about earlier decided to play kidnapper. Myungsoo's laughter was slowly replaced with nervousness as he lets go of Sungjong's hand and cleared his throat. 

Damn I thought this was going to be easy, now I just created an awkward atmosphere. Thought Myungsoo,

"Um, I uh wanted to ask you a question," he started, Sungjong crossed his arms and waited for Myungsoo to continue. 

"Right, um do you perhaps want to go on a date with me?"