Don't go

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang Soo stumbled home. His vision blurry from his tears. He couldn't believe it. He wouldn't believe it. It was a dream, a nightmare. He would wake from it soon.

 

 

Kwang Soo waited for Ji Hyo. She had asked to meet him at the Yeouido Hangang Park. It was a perfect time to be at the park. The annual Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival was held last weekend and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. The sun was shining, the air crisp and cool. He breathed in deeply, inhaling the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms. In his hands, he held a bouquet of carnations. While it wasn't the most romantic flower, he knew they were Ji Hyo's favourite. He had debated whether to get roses - the universal symbol of love, or carnations - her favourite flower. In the end, the carnations had won out.

 

Before long, he saw Ji Hyo's car pulling into the car park. Grinning, he hid the flowers behind his back and walked up to greet her. “Good morning, darling! It's a beautiful day!” He greeted, before bringing the flowers he kept hidden behind his back to the front. “Beautiful flowers for the beautiful lady on a beautiful day.” He declared as he presented her with the bouquet. Ji Hyo just stared blankly at the flowers.

 

“Erm... I've never given flowers to a girl before, but I assume this is the part where the girl takes the flowers? Wait, or are you not feeling well? Are you still sick?” Kwang Soo asked, glancing worriedly at her.

 

Ji Hyo quickly took the bouquet from him and put it into her car. “Thanks, Kwang Soo-ah. These are my favourite flowers. I really like them. I'm fine, thank you for asking. I was just thinking about something. Shall we walk around and enjoy the cherry blossoms for a bit?” She suggested, smiling softly.

 

He watched as Ji Hyo stuck her hands in her pocket and walked off in the direction of the park. He followed after her, feeling a little bewildered. She normally held his hands when they walked. As they walked, the tension started building. Kwang Soo knew something was up, he just didn't know what. Stopping at a secluded part of the park, Ji Hyo sat on the wooden bench and stared up at the sky.

 

Looking over at the actress, Kwang Soo was alarmed to find that there were tears in her eyes and he immediately sat beside her. “Darling... Please tell me what's wrong. How can I help? Did something happen? Did... Did the doctor say something? Are you sick?” He asked, worried. He moved to put his arm around her shoulders, but she shied away. He sensed her rejection and it hurt more than he cared to admit. Still, he sat next to her, patiently waiting.

 

Finally, she looked at him. When she spoke, her voice was shaky. “Kwang Soo-ah... I'm pregnant.”

 

Of all the possibilities and scenarios he had imagined, this was not one of them. The words echoed in his head. Shocked, he stared at her. “How? But... but that's not possible. Right? I mean... You... you took precautions.” He argued.

 

“I'm six weeks along.” She confirmed tearfully. “I don't know how it happened. Maybe a momentary lapse... But how it happened, it doesn't matter anymore.” She added.


Six weeks? That means... Tokyo. I could've stopped this... I didn't. No! Don't look in the past. We have to come up with a solution.

 

He didn't know what to do. “What are we going to do? Do you want to go public with our relationship

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter