Twenty three

Thanks For Everything
-week later-
 
{Shinwoos pov}
 
I knew I should've stopped when it started. I knew I should have erased her number and realized how amazing Bella really is.. I should've.
 
But I didn't and now I regret it. It's been a week, and we're back home, but things just aren't the same. She still avoids me, I don't blame her. 
 
I plan on making it up to her, over the next week when little woo goes to spend time with my mom. I thought of various ways to make it up to her. Then it hit me.
 
 
-hour later-
 
{Bella's pov}
 
I walked into an empty home, noticing Shinwoos car wasn't in the drive way.
 
That could mean a million things.
 
Either he's made up his mind and has gone to be with her, or he just doesn't want to be with me anymore, maybe he just doesn't-
 
I stopped when I noticed a note taped to the refrigerator.
 
(Note)
 
Hey jagi, I know things aren't too
well between us right now.. You might 
even feel like you don't even know who 
I am, we've grown that distant...
But I still love you, I do. Even though
you probably hate me right now, I
still love you and always will. I wanted 
to make it up to you.
Meet me where we had our first date, at 
six.
 
-Shinwoo xx
 
 
 
 
I looked at the clock on the microwave clock.
 
'4:17'
 
I have time.
 
I walked to the bathroom and the shower, I waited a bit before stepping into the warm water.
After washing my hair, and shaving my legs I found myself sitting on the floor of the shower, crying.
 
Don't really know why I'm crying, if he says he wants to make it up to me, but how do I know he's even telling the truth.
 
A few minutes later I pulled myself up from the floor, and got out, wrapping the towel around me. I walked down the hallway to our room. Scanning my closet, I grabbed the dress I wore on our first date. Amazing I still had it, and even more amazing that it still fit. I walked back to the bathroom and begun drying my hair, the letting it remain wavy as it was natural. I started my makeup, and found my self done in no time.
 
Time check
 
'5:47'
 
I finished the last touches, even wearing the same perfume I'd worn on the first date. I put my shoes and coat on, then walked out the door. For a moment it almost felt like we were dating again, but then it occurred to me that we were married and had a child.
 
Who knew at only the age of 23 I could go through this much. You could blame me for falling in love with him the first time I saw him sitting in the corner of the coffee shop, reading the same book over seven years ago. After I moved to Korea I often found myself in that coffee shop only a block away from my house, his too. I noticed him the first time I walked in, the only reason I continued to go there. That was when we were in high school and all the girls were all over him, but he pushed them all away. I often noticed him staring at me, but thought it as he saw me as a foreigner and thought I was weird. That wasn't the case. One day as I sat there in the coffee shop he came and sat next to me, and that's where it had all begun. Almost every day we would meet there. Exactly one month later he asked me to be his girlfriend, and it'd been like ever since the day he asked me to marry him. Here I am now standing in front of the same coffee shop wearing the same dress, same shoes, same perfume, my hair the same way, and the same nervous feeling inside.
 
A bell rang over my head as I opened the door. I immediately looked over at the table in the corner and saw him there, staring right back at me. I slowly made my way over to the table and sat down. He gave a warm smile. He pushed a white mug towards me. I grabbed it and took a sip, at that moment everything seemed to feel alright. I remembered how things were, and how they should be. I set the mug down and looked at him. 
 
"Listen Bella..I'm- I'm really sorry for what I did..you don't know how much of an idiot I think I am right now for what I did to you..I could've lost you." He took my hand from across the table.
 
"You weren't going to lose me." I looked at our hands, the ring I had on my finger, it meant much more than just marriage.
 
"But I-I was so stupid! I let a stupid girl get in between us and hurt you. I don't even know why I-" he started to say.
 
"Shinwoo it's fine" he squeezed my hand.
 
"But it's not." He whispered.
 
"I'm fine." I said.
 
"No your not..you're still upset I can see it in your eyes." He said rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.
 
"Shinwoo do this for me." I said.
 
"Anything" he answered.
 
"Pretend it's the first day you ever talked to me. When we were here, and you came over to the table I was sitting at. Just do this for me." I pulled my hand away from his, and crossed my arms on the table.
 
He nodded and smiled. He got up from the table and stood in line to get his coffee, taking glances at me every now and then, just like the day. After paying for it, he walked over to the table I was at.
 
"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked and I nodded, just like I had before. "I'm Shinwoo by the way" he smiled playing along with what I'd told him to do.
 
"I'm Bella" I smiled.
 
Just as he started to speak again I stopped him. 
 
"Ok, now it's after our third date, when you walked me home." I said standing up from the table.
 
He stood up to, taking my hand in his as we walked out the door. We made small talk like we did, when he walked me home seven years ago. As we approached the front door to the apartment, he put his hands on the sides of my face and kissed me, just like before. 
 
"Ok, now it's the day you proposed to me." I said as I unlocked the door.
 
"Jagi what's the meaning of this?" He smiled.
 
"Shh" I put my finger over my mouth. "Just do it." I said as I took the same seat I was him when he proposed. 
 
He came over to me and kneeled down on one knee, pretending to pull out a ring, and almost word for word announced his love for me, like before. I smiled.
 
"Ok, now it's the first day we brought little woo home." I said dragging him to little woos room.
 
We leaned on the doorframe, just like we did the first night we brought him home, looking into each others eyes.
 
"I still don't get what's going on.." He said a little confused.
 
I smiled "ok, now flash forward to now, and how you feel now."  I said.
 
"How I feel? Simple." He said as he brought his hands to my face and pulled me in for a kiss.
 
After pulling away he asked "now what was the meaning of this." 
 
"To see if you even remembered. To see if you still cared enough to do this. To see if you still loved me. Which you do, and also is why I forgive you." I smiled.
 
"It's things like this that make me love you more." He said, then kissed me.
 
He took my hand and me led me to our room. 
 
"And there's one other way I feel for you right now." He said closing the door behind him, and coming back to me, and kissing me again.