Nine

Thanks For Everything

 

-one year later-
{Bella's pov}
I walked out onto my apartment balcony that over looked the inner harbor, of Baltimore.
Which is where I now lived.
 
I decided to get away for him permanently, by moving to another country. 
And to tell you the truth, I'm perfectly fine living by myself, in this small little apartment complex-community. 
 
Everyday I think less and less Shinwoo, but I can't fully forget about him.
 
I looked down at my phone that had just buzzed.
I looked at it reading the message from my friend, tell me to go meet up with her at Starbucks.
 
I got dressed and walked out the door.
------
 
 
I sat there waiting for her to come.
I watched a familiar figure walk through the door, and up to the counter.
 
Fading into my imagination I didn't realize it was who it really was.
Until they stood there staring back at me.
 
"Bella.." An all to familiar voice.
"It's you..it's really you.." I finally realized who it was.
 
I looked at him, taking in all of his familiar features.
"What are you doing here?" I asked calmly, still trying to figure out if this was reality or not.
 
"Look Bella..can we go somewhere else to talk..there's a lot of people here.." He looked at me.
 
"Um..sure" I pulled out my phone and texted my friend, telling her that something had come and that I wouldn't be able to meet her.
------
 
 
We made our way back to my apartment, in the cold November air.
But I wasn't going to wait until we got back to ask him what he was doing here.
 
"Why are you here Shinwoo?" I didn't look at him..I just kept walking.
"To find you.." He tried to keep up with my pace.
"Why?" 
 
"Because...I regretted saying those things I said to you..so I came to find you..and I knew you had a thing for this city, so I thought I would find you here.." He stopped behind me as I tried to find my keys to unlock my door.
 
"But may I ask you one question..where is um.."
"Our child?" I finished for him.
"Yea.." 
"I lost it..my body was weak and couldn't handle having a baby...but why would you care anyway? Don't you remember? You said you didn't want-"
"I didn't mean it! I was so mad at the moment..I-I didn't know what I was saying..I'm sorry.." He grabbed my hand and turned me around.
"Sorry wont take back those words Shinwoo!" I pushed him away from me.
 
"So don't just come back saying you want me back..when you're lying" I said quietly.
 
"But I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent a year..going all over the world, trying to find you..so I could get you back- Bella I miss you..and what I said was wrong..I do care" he grabbed my hand again
 
 
I just stood there and looked at him, trying to figure out if this was one of his little acts..
As much as I didn't want to admit it, deep down something in me missed him and wanted to be with him again.
 
"I-I...Shinwoo why do we keep doing this to each other? You know you're no good for me and I know I'm no good for you. Lets just leave it here, lets just not do this anym-"
 
Before I could finish I felt his lips on mine, telling me otherwise.
Everything about him came back to me, both good and bad.
 
He pulled away but kept his forehead on mine.
"I don't want to hear you ever say that again. Without you I would be nothing. I know sometimes it may not seem like it, but you're my world, and when you left I was so mad at myself. And I don't blame you for leaving me..I was a to you..yelling at you and not giving you a chance to explain, you had every right. But now I'm back and I'm saying I need you." He wrapped his arms around me.
 
"Why are you doing this to me...I'm not supposed to forgive you this easily."  I stood there in his embrace.
 
"I'm sorry..I really am." He almost whispered.
 
"It's fine..none of that matters anymore.." I finally wrapped my arms around him.
 
"There's one last thing I need to do.." He pulled away and kneeled down on one knee.
"Bella I know things didn't turn out they were supposed to, the first time. But I want it to work this time, and it will. And-"
 
 
"Yes." I didn't let him finish.
He smiled and stood up, putting a familiar ring on my finger.
 
"Now lets go in, it's cold out here" he said to me.