Truth Behind

Bad Love

Jonghyun felt so tired last night due to his work. He unconsciously slept on his desk when suddenly his phone is ringing. He swiftly blinked his eyes and grabbed his phone beside him, narrowing his eyes to see the number. He actually didn't know whose number is that but he ended up accepting the call.

"Yoboseyo?", he said in husky voice.

"Ah! Finally!", he heard a guy voice on his phone. Jonghyun looked at his phone screen again.

"Who's this?", he asked nonchalantly, still sleepy actually.

"This jerk! You forget my voice now?", he mocked Jonghyun. He then tried to remember. Is that Heejoon? He thought.

"In 5 years you already forget me. Daebak! It's Park Heejoon anyway", explained he.

"Is that really you?", Jonghyun asked in surprise, "How do you know my number?"

"Don't ask. I've been spending my 5 years to find out your number!"

Jonghyun just chuckled hearing his friend's voice. He missed it actually, spending the days with his gang again.

"You think it's funny? Ya! I thought you were dead or something", he worried.

"As always, you will be the most sensitive one between us", he , listening to his nag, "long time no see, dude"

"Tsk. What a small talk! I thought you went to somewhere we didn't know and marrying Yoona there", Heejoon suddenly brought up the past.

DANG!

He heard her name again.

"Are you kidding me?", he scoffed, "Yoona?"

He felt suffocated hearing the name. He gulped his saliva hardly after mentioning her name.

"You guys didn't go together?", Heejoon aksed in surprise.

"You know we're over back then", once again he had to explain it.

"But Yoona didn't come to the ceremonial, you didn't, either", he told him. Jonghyun froze for a while, he suddenly remembered that night. He left her back then and when he came back, he found nothing. She already left and his room became clean and tidy again.

"Heejoon-a, I think we should meet"

"Sure. We have to. Meet me at the Gangwon Hospital", he told Jonghyun. Jonghyun was a bit startled.

"You're sick?"

Heejoon then chuckled, "This bastards seriously? You don't even know that I'm a doctor now"

Jonghyun then laughed, couldn't believe what he just heard. "Fine. See you there"

***

At Gangwon Hospital

Jonghyun arrived earlier there. He parked his car and went to the cafetaria. He found Heejoon with his uniform sitting on the corner. He waved his hand and Jonghyun did the same. He lightly approached Heejoon and gave him a brother hug.

"Look at you now! White uniform really suits you", Jonghyun complemented his friend. Heejoon grinned, "Now you're offically the CEO of Lee Corp.", he teased Jonghyun. They then sat down and started to talk.

"How's Dongmin and Joonyong?", he asked while sipping his tea.

"You won't believe it! Joonyong now is lawyer and Dongmin took Architecture major in college", he told him enthusiatically. Jonghyun just smiled. He's happy honestly to hear all his friends were enjoying their life now.

"So, where have you been this five years?", Heejoon started the serious discussion.

"Well, I was in England. Continuing my study there", he answered shortly. Heejoon looked at his face, trying to read his mind.

"Why you didn't tell us? You just sent us a message and then gone", Heejoon furrowed his forehead, sniffing something wrong.

"It's not like I don't want to tell you but it's a sudden decision and my father already prepared everything”, explained he.

“You know we really thought you escaped with Yoona”, he said nonchalantly. Jonghyun felt uneasy hearing the name. Actually, it’s also the reason why he asked Heejoon to meet, to explain what he’s talking about. Why everything should bring up about Yoona when he didn’t want to remember it.

“Well, you and Yoona didn’t attend the graduation ceremonial. That’s why we thought both of you were going somewhere together”, Heejoon added. It made Jonghyun stopped slicing his red velvet cake. So, she didn’t attend the ceremonial? Why? He thought.

“Actually, she disappeared after I heard your studio was burnt. I’m sorry to hear that by the way”, Heejoon showed his sorry but something important was revealed. He said that Yoona disappeared after he touched her. Why? What happened to her? He thought inside. Heejoon then explained further about the graduation ceremonial. The more he told, the more Jonghyun became nervous. Heejoon also revealed something that he might forget since long time ago.

“You know Minjun was actually the one who burnt your studio”, Heejoon said, “I heard that the investigation team arrested him after the graduation”

“I know. I did report him before, but I left the case with my lawyer when I left Korea. I didn’t even ask him about that anymore after that”, he responded.

“Did you know that Mirae also involved?”, Heejoon raised his eyebrow. Jonghyun really couldn’t focus on his food. He was wondering what Mirae was doing?

“Mirae? Kang Mirae? How come?”, he tried to control his expression. Heejoon looked a bit surprised that Jonghyun didn’t know about it. Jonghyun tried to manage his face so that it’s not be looked so surprised.

“Ya! Kang Mirae and Im Minjun burnt your studio. The grey car is Minjun’s”, Heejoon explained it seriously. Meanwhile, Jonghyun remained silent. He never thought that Mirae would be the one of the suspicions. ! And how about Yoona? He cursed inside.

“What? They said a girl has a dark brown hair who did that. And why Kang Mirae? She doesn’t even know my studio”, Jonghyun started to feel confused. He suddenly didn’t what’s the truth. He tried to blink his eyes several times knowing that it’s Mirae, not Yoona.

“Mirae has dark brown hair and if you want to know, she’s one of your crazy fans back then”, Heejoon told, making Jonghyun even couldn’t say anything, “And you know what? She confessed that she followed you everywhere and told Minjun everything about you. It’s cliché. She was jealous with you and yoona actually then she got her revenge by telling him your secret and destroying both of you inside”

Heejoon’s explanation felt like a hard slap for Jonghyun. For this long time, he believed that Yoona is the one of them, he believed that Yoona betrayed him by telling Minjun his studio. He’s wrong. He’s totally wrong. Suddenly flashbacks attacked his head, their memories, dates, kisses, and hugs, even that night. He touched her body without will, it’s such a act actually. He’s being rude to her.

Jonghyun listened to Heejoon’s explanation once again. His hand was trembling a bit but he covered it up. Unfortunately, when he wanted to reach the tea spoon, he slipped. It caught Heejoon’s attention.

“Wae?”, Heejoon asked straight to the point.

“That night..”, Jonghyun said slowly, he didn’t know he’s just too afraid to confess or he’s just too shocked knowing the truth, he just couldn’t explain it any better. Heejoon anticipated his words. “That night I ruined her life”, he said. His heart hurt abruptly.

Heejoon wrinkled his forehead, “Ruin? What did you do to her?”

Jonghyun remained silent. His eyes weren’t focus. His mind kept telling him to find Yoona immediately.

“Don’t say you…”, Heejoon widened his eyes, thinking about something he couldn’t believe.

“I slept with her”, Jonghyun confessed it carefully, his body then suddenly stood up. “It’s not like we did it with love, Heejoon-ah. I her” Heejoon also stood up, trying to grab his collar. Jonghyun just lost his sense when Heejoon wanted to slap his face. “You what?”, his high intonation made attention, he then lower his voice, still grabbing his collar. “Damn you, jerk! You did her wrong! She’s innocent and…”, he wanted to finish his words but he released Heejoon’s grip from his collar and said something, “Heejoon-ah, let’s talk about this later. I really want to meet her”, he said it firmly, convincing him with his eyes and making Heejoon loosen his grip. Jonghyun stared at his eyes, begging for his understanding. He then nodded and let Jonghyun run hurriedly.

***

Jonghyun couldn’t focus on his driving. After meeting Heejoon, he decided to go home, trying to find a way to meet Yoona. All memories and flashbacks crept out, making him uneasy. He felt like something crashed her body hard. He entered his bedroom in confused look. He grabbed his phone, calling his personal detective to find out where is she now. He then remembered something. He his laptop, looking for her update in her personal social media but it’s useless. The account was already deleted. “Damn it! Where are you, Im Yoona?”, he showed his anger to his laptop, almost throwing it up.

He then tried to ask her number to their old friends but since Yoona didn’t have so many friends in high school, so he ended up calling her old numbers. Greatly, the number was not active anymore. He moved his body to the left and right, back and forth, waiting for the information. He was so frustrated. He really wanted to meet her, to see her face again, but to make her forgive him Jonghyun really doubted that. He hurt her so bad; even he hesitated whether she wanted to meet him or not but Holy ! He really wanted to meet her now.

He lost his sense when suddenly someone knocked his door.

“Young master, this is Mrs. Kim. May I enter the room? I bring the new blanket”, she clarified her coming. Jonghyun then back to her sense and let the maid come. Mrs. Kim cleaned up his bed and prepared his blanket perfectly. Unconsciously, his eyes were following her moves. “Mrs. Kim?”, he asked her while his eyes were focusing on his bed.

“Ne?”, she stopped moving, looking at her master’s expression.

“When I asked you to leave the house for a while five years ago,” he asked her carefully, “who cleaned up my room?”, then his eyes was looking at her. Mrs. Kim was thinking so hard. Meanwhile, Jonghyun felt uneasy. He couldn’t wait any longer to hear her answer.

“I think it was me”, She suddenly opened after her long thinking. Jonghyun widened his eyes.

“And?”

“When I came back with Miss Jihyun, as usual, I cleaned up your room”, she answered shortly. Jonghyun almost gave up because her reply couldn’t answer his question.

“Why you cleaned up my room?”, he tried to so that she could remember, then Mrs. Kim spent over five minutes to think about it again. Jonghyun was trying to control his anger.

“I cleaned up your room because your room looked so messy. Your mirror was broken and your bed looked so dirty”, she explained. THAT’S IT! She started to explained what happened after that night, he thought. Jonghyun then listened to her about the breaking vase on the floor, his bookshelf that messed up. All of that made him so frustrated. He just knew that Yoona was so furious that’s why she broke the mirror and vase.

He then turned over his body, wasn’t interesting with her further explanation. He wanted to scream actually. Mrs. Kim just told the general story, not the detail one.

“But young master?”, she asked him again, making Jonghyun faced her again, “Did you hurt anywhere that night?”

Jonghyun wrinkled his forehead, realizing something fishy, “No, waeyo?”

“I thought your body’s hurt because I found blood on the bed sheet that’s why I cleaned it up.”, she said it calmly and left the room, leaving Jonghyun who felt so stupid. His body was frozen. That time, after hearing that, he really wanted to kill himself.