Being Trapped

Bad Love

Yesterday was unexpected. His action towards Yoona was beyond expectation. He admitted it, he enjoyed their lovey-dovey action, her hands, hugs, and kisses. Though she’s not the first girl but it felt different. He didn’t want to show it actually, he just trapped into something attractive about her. Whereas, Yoona was still shy to show her affection in public, especially after the rest room incident. She tried to make them a center of attention. She didn’t feel comfortable about PDA (public display of affection, particularly when Jonghyun leaned his head abruptly after talking to her, almost kissing her in front of the students. Sometimes he leaned his body closer to her, held her chin and stared at her, making her cornered because he locked her body unconsciously. Everyone could see them, though they already knew that they’re together.

Minjun also knew. He didn't like their relationship truthfully. It's not because he likes her, it's because he knows who the hell Jonghyun is. And it's such a waste that they're together. He just thought Yoona's too pure and innocent. She never dated anyone before, that's why the news made him shocked. He didn't want her falling in love with someone like jonghyun, the ultimate womanizer.  He didn't want her to be one of his "victims".

That day in the break time, he decided to talk to her. He went to her class and met her. Luckily, the classroom was not crowded so, he could talk to her privately. Yoona was busy drawing a sketch when someone went near her. She raised her head and found her cousin in front of her.

"Minjun-ah, wae?", she smiled at him, Minjun then smiled back. "Want to see my lovely cousin", he . Yoona smiled even wider, "can't be true. What do you want?"

Minjun stared at her deeply before he spoke, "So you and Jonghyun are together now?"

Yoona didn't answer his question. She knew this would be questioned by him.  She knew that he didn't like Jonghyun. But she's with him, though she didn't say yes, but she felt comfortable around Jonghyun. She knew that it sounds cheesy but Jonghyun made her special.

"So it's true then", Minjun looked at her, as if she did a big mistake, a bit disgusted. "You know he's such a.."

"A jerk, I know", she continued, "but the jerk you're talking about is the one who makes me comfortable"

Minjun dropped his jaw, couldn't believe she would be that sure. "He's a womanizer, Yoona. You already knew that!", he forced her with his words, making Yoona even sick of it.

"I know you don't like him", she tried to convince him, begging for his understanding, "but please, I think I need an experience of falling in love and maybe he's the one who will bring me love"

"Him? Love?", he snorted, mocking her statement actually, "You don't know how many girls who've been slept with him, do you?"

Yoona sighed, giving up on him. She knew her cousin is a bit stubborn. "But he can change"

"Change? Him?", he then laughed, couldn't believe that she's so naïve, "He will never change, Yoona. He's a womanizer!", he raised his tone, making her a bit surprised.

"And what about you? You think you're better than him?", she said, making him silent. It made him angry actually, being judged by her own cousin, lovely cousin.

"You also love to fight, then what are you? A hero?", she told, almost yelling.

He was silent, stunning with her defense. Yoona then realized she already crossed the line. She knew she hurt him but she was angry with Minjun. She unconsciously bowed her head when suddenly someone held her hand.

"What are you doing here?", someone talked to Minjun, Yoona raised her head, looking at who's talking to her cousin. She felt her right hand was being held.

Minjun narrowed his eyes, "not your business"

Yoona saw the guy that's Jonghyun. She's frozen for a while.

"My business because you're talking to my girlfriend", Jonghyun smirked, making him a bit anxious hearing the word "girlfriend".

"She's also my cousin", he replied coldly. Minjun then looked at Yoona, expecting her better words to deny Jonghyun's proclamation. But, she did nothing, as if all Jonghyun's word were true. "Consider my words. Seems like I cannot talk to you when he's around", he then left them together in the class.

After that, Yoona sighed loudly, making Jonghyun moved his head to see her. "What's the matter?", he asked, still holding her hand.

"Nothing", she sighed again, feeling so upset with Minjun, "I really need an ice cream now, a mint chocolate ice cream will be better" 

Jonghyun grinned, "should we go now? I can skip my class"

Yoona pouted , "No! I have Mr. Jung class after this. You know he's a killer"

Jonghyun chuckled and pinched her nose, "I know, we go after school, ok?", he coaxed her, Yoona then nodded, "let's eat!  I'm hungry as hell", he said, grabbing her wrist and taking her to the canteen.

***

After school, as usual Jonghyun picked her up at her class. They would go to the ice cream cafe near the school. Something about ice cream that Jonghyun knew, it's her favorite. It could be a great weapon to tame her, he thought. Something to calm her down whenever she feels uneasy or anxious.

Jonghyun parked the car and motioned her to go to the cafe. She said it's her favorite place so he brought her there. The place's not really big and but had a small park, clean, and cozy. They sat on the table near the park, ordering mint chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream. Yoona's eyes sparkled when the ice cream's coming.

"So, this makes you feel better?", Jonghyun said, also enjoying his ice cream.

Yoona nodded, "whenever I feel mad or uneasy, this will make me better, the mint chocolate ice cream is the best", she said while pointing on her ice cream.

Another info from Im Yoona herself, then he grinned.

"What were you talking about with Minjun?", Jonghyun asked, trying to dig more info about Minjun.

Yoona stopped eating for a while. She raised her head, looking at his face.

"Hmm... I guess you already know", she showed him a bitter smile.

"What?"

"He doesn't like you", Yoona said slowly, trying not to hurt his feeling. Meanwhile, deep down inside Jonghyun already knew the truth.

"So what? Who the hell is he?"

"Because he's my cousin and he cares about me", she explained, "I thought you knew that"

Jonghyun showed his shocking face, acting actually, "well, I only know that both of you have the same family name, like me and Lee Jungshin"

Yoona tried so hard not to laugh, she thought that he didn't know well about her family. It's normal actually since they're just together just for six weeks.

"So you don't hate me?", she asked him carefully.

Jonghyun raised his eyebrow, "what for?"

"Hmm... Because both of you don't know how to be friends? Plus you don't like him?",she answered innocently, realizing the cold war between them. Jonghyun chuckled hearing her statement, pretending that it's all funny for him. "Just because you're his cousin doesn't mean I hate you"

Yoona was a bit startled hearing it. It made her heart flattered. It sounded a thousand times better than hearing he said "be my girlfriend". Yoona spaced out for a while. Jonghyun noticed that, trying not laugh out loud. She's being fooled by his words. Im Yoona is really a naïve girl. Finally, the lamb was trapped while the lion was celebrating the moment secretly.

"Thank you", she smiled, continuing her eating. Jonghyun stared at her eyes, her doe eyes.

"You're welcome", he then smiled at her while wiping her lips that was full of ice cream with his thumb. Seems like fooling Yoona became more interesting.

 

finally an update! i will be busy for the next two weeks, hope i can continue the story. Enjoy the story! :)