Memories

Bad Love

Incheon International Airport,

International Arrival

A white man with dark blue t-shirt and sunglasses went out of the gate. He brought three big luggages, pushing his trolley.  He finally came back to Korea after five years spending his time in England. He then went to the lobby, moving his head to see the surroundings. Nothing’s changed. Korea is still the same. Its summer breeze, its cold winter, beautiful spring, and peaceful autumn. He actually missed that, spending his time jogging around his backyard or just sitting on the bench and reading his favorite books. He missed Korea and all its memories.

He’s waiting for his driver when suddenly his phone rang. He grabbed his cellphone and took a look who’s calling. He smirked when he looked at the recipient, Agnes, his ex-girlfriend from England. They had broken up a month before he left England. Honestly she’s cheating on him, but it’s not a big deal for him since he could get anyone who wants.

He let his phone rang several times. He didn’t want to answer it actually. He believed that she wants to be his girlfriend again. Unfortunately, he didn’t want it. He’s just too lazy to repeat the old same thing. After that, a message received and he read it.

From: Agnes

John, are you leaving me? You don’t even say goodbye! I still love you. I will go there as soon as I can.

He didn’t want to reply it. Agnes should be punished. Besides, the love between them is like an ice cube, easily melted. He didn’t even think that it’s love, it was just lust. They just met in a nightclub when he attended his friend’s birthday. Then, they made out and slept together. And it’s not love he could guarantee it. His heart knew the one who deserves his love. But, he couldn’t mention her name. She will always live in his heart as a memory, bad memory. He should’ve forgotten her but he couldn’t, especially when he came back to Korea.

He finally back to his sense when someone called his name.

“Mr. Lee?”, a middle-aged man called him.

“Oh, Mr. Kim! Long time no see”, he smiled to his driver, offering his luggage. He then helped him to lift up the luggages.

“How’s Miss Lee?”, asked Mr. Kim.

“She’s grown up, already entered the elementary school there”, he answered, a bit bored actually, “I miss your wife cooking by the way”, he tapped Mr. Kim’s shoulder. He just gave him a smile. Afterward, they entered the car, going to a place he used to call it as a home.

***

It’s been two weeks since he arrived. Truthfully, it felt so different. The first time he reached his room and entered the door, memories crept out through his brain, bad and good, also the memories of her. He didn’t know how to categorize them as good or bad. The first time he brought her there to watch the DVDs together. Also, the first time he did it harshly, almost made her fainted. He never forgot that.

The room didn’t change much. It’s still the same actually, his bed, wardrobe, his guitar collection, also his books. He’s not a bookworm type but since he studied abroad back then, he started to love reading. Business Management is not an easy major for him.Even until now, his father ordered him to handle their companies in Seoul, Busan, and Tokyo right after he arrived. It’s a bit unfair actually. But, there’s something that prevent him to walk away. He could use his position, that’s why he didn’t want to walk away from his father. Being a jerk? He didn’t care. He just cared about his own good.

He was turning on his laptop to work when he unconsciously dropped one of his books on the table. It’s a novel actually, and it’s not his. He took the novel and found something, a photograph. He flipped the picture and felt a bit startled looking at it. His picture with a girl, white and beautiful girl. They wore their uniform. He kissed her cheek and the expression of the girl looked a bit surprised. He showed his bitter smile. Honestly, he missed that moment, he missed her, but he couldn’t forget her betrayal. Her betrayal and his anger that made him left her, abandon her, being rude to her, and even her. He also never thought he would do something like that. He was insane and mad that time. “What are you doing now, Im Yoona?”, he mumbled, reminiscing the past, bad and good memories.

Flashback

Lee Jonghyun’s life was totally in a mess. After he lost his mother two years ago, he felt something’s missing. He lost someone that he can rely on. His father? He’s too busy with his company. Since his wife died, he just focused on his business, neglecting his children, especially the youngest who’s only four years old, Lee Jihyun. He hates his little sister; he always thinks she’s the one who made his mother died, because she’s the one who survived when the accident happened. He’s changed. He became cold, rude, a bit rebel, and heartless, only to his friends. Luckily, since the beginning, he’s smart. He didn’t need to study before test actually, that’s why most of the teacher liked him. He really knew how to handle their perspective of him, so manipulative.

Just like yesterday, His high school life was just the same, boring. Lee Jonghyun was sitting on the bench near the teacher’s room. He drank his milk while talking to his four bestfriends, Oh Joonyong, Choi Dongmin, and Park Heejoon. All girls were staring at them. It’s just a common thing actually, looking at their faces is like looking at F4 in Korean drama “Boys before flower”. Heejoon and Jonghyun are the favorite. The difference is they’re not like them. Outside the school they loved to fight and racing. Seems like the term “Don’t judge a book by its cover” is true for them.

“You know what? Im Minjun broke my window’s car yesterday! That bastard really wants to feel my fist”, Dongmin said passionately. They’d been hated Im Minjun’s effeminate group for a long time. Minjun’s group actually envied them, because all the members are good-looking and rich. Meanwhile, on the rival’s side, only Minjun and Shin Kibum who’re good-looking and rich, the rest envied them badly. They always try to make them angry so, teachers and friends will look a bad side of them. But, they’re not just face and money, they also have smart brains. Everytime they try to provoke them, Jonghyun and his friends know that it’s just a trap.

“Let them be. They just broke your window’s car”, Heejoon said while looking at his phone. Jonghyun just threw the empty milk carton to the dustbin harshly. Suddenly, their eyes were focusing on him. They all knew his action usually represents his thought.

“Wae? You want to give them a lesson?”, Joonyong asked him, trying to break the ice. His eyes were observing Jonghyun’s gesture. Jonghyun lifted his body lazily, looking at the distance. His friends were anticipating his move. He’s the master of martial arts after all. If there’s something that ruins his mood, he doesn’t mind to fight.

Jonghyun then smirked, “It’s boring. I’m too lazy to punch their faces”

His friends were a bit startled with his statement. He usually loves fighting, but this time it’s a bit weird. “Should we find another way?”

His friends were thinking deeply. “Like what?”, Heejoon stared at his eyes.

“I don’t know”

They remained silent for a while. Suddenly, Dongmin smiled mischievously, making all his friends curious.

“Yah! Why are you smiling?”, Joonyong tapped his shoulder hardly. He hissed, rubbing his shoulder because it’s hurt.

“I have a plan”

“What?”

“Gambling”

“Meaning?”, Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.

“We hate Minjun, right? We want revenge without a fight?”, Dongmin smirked and they nodded, “We can use someone”

“Who?”, they looked so serious, thinking about the person, except Dongmin. Heejoon realized that Dongmin had something in mind. “Who?”

“Yoona, he said proudly, as if he already solve the most difficult problem in the world. Heejoon and joonyong complained while Jonghyun just furrowed his forehead. Truthfully, he didn’t know who is Yoona. He often hears her name but he never knows her.

Dongmin then talked everything about her, her basic info actually. That she and Minjun are cousin and close. They are reach but their family seems jealous to each other. Yoona is not the real child of Im’s family, she’s adopted. Rumor has it that Minjun likes Yoona. Yoona also is a good painter. She often wins a competition.

“She’s beautiful”, Dongmin said, trying to convince his friends. They just shook their heads, disbelief. They knew when Dongmin said she’s beautiful, it means the opposite.

“So, you do it then. Be her boyfriend, make Minjun jealous, and dump her after that”, Heejoon explained it. Dongmin’s a bit startled, “Are you crazy? Me and Joonyong have a girlfriend. Why don’t you or Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun and Heejoon just grinned. They’re trying to actually. “Besides, I don’t like her. She’s always alone, like an anti-social person. Well, I admit it she’s beautifulbut I don’t like her character”, Dongmin said. They remained silent, trying to decide, who will do it. Suddenly, a beautiful figure walked through them. Her dark brown hair and white skin, such a perfect combination. They looked at her intensely. She sat on the bench under the tree, opening her lunch box.”It’s her”, Dongmin said, “Im Yoona”.

Joonyong and Heejoon just nodded their heads. Meanwhile, Jonghyun couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He thought that this girl is different. He knew she perhaps is not as y as his ex, Minjung, or as tempting as Hyejin. But Yoona’s different she’s indeed beautiful. She had a charm and he couldn’t tell what’s that.

“I’ll do it”, he then smiled mischievously, still looking at her. Joonyong and Dongmin were surprised while Heejoon just kept silent. He just knew that his best friend just found a new toy.

“Deal!”, Dongmin said, “Jonghyun will do it. You don’t even survive in a month!”

”Me, too”, Joonyong also followed.

Jonghyun didn’t care. He just couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He suddenly stood up, walking towards her. His friends were looking at him, observing how can he trap her with his way.

***

i miss writing a story about them. H-1 of BMJKT. i saw the boys at the press conference, and it made the willing to publish this story is getting bigger. Enjoy the story! :)