Late Confession

Bad Love

“One mint chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream”, Jonghyun said to the waiter in front of him. He ordered their favorite menu at the ice cream café near their high school. “Ah, seems like I have to break my promise with Jonghyun. I come here only with you. We should go together next time”, he said while giving Yoona a smile.

It’s been a while since the last time they went there and it didn’t change much. The wallpaper and furniture were still the same. The difference is only their age. It’s actually like throwing back the memory. They used to sit outside but that time they sat inside to prevent the cold weather, on the sofa at the corner. Jonghyun felt happy and guilty at the same time. He’s happy cause he could come back with Yoona, but guilty to remember that he’s not sincere about his feeling back then. He used her to get some info about Minjun. She told him everything, also about her favorite ice cream.

For Yoona, it’s actually a good memory. The first time she spent her favorite ice cream with the guy she loves. She remembered how she told everything about herself to Jonghyun. She tilted her head to look up the window, suddenly feeling anxious. Something strange came into her heart but she couldn’t describe it what or why. Jonghyun gazed at her expression. He wondered what she is thinking about. He dared to hold her hands, Yoona moved her head a bit to look at him.

Jonghyun then smiled, “What are you thinking of?”

Yoona blinked her eyes and shook her head softly. Not long after that, the ice cream came. Their attention grabbed by it. The waiter put the ice creams on the table; Jonghyun helped the waiter to serve the ice cream. Yoona grabbed the spoon and ate it. Jonghyun looked at her expression carefully as if the ice cream was prepared by him.

“How is it? Is it good?”, he asked her while eating his vanilla ice cream.

“Mhhmm”, Yoona said while nodding her head. They ate it solemnly while remembering the memories. Once in a while, Jonghyun fed her to try his ice cream. Her eyes looked a bit bright after therapy session. Jonghyun felt relieved.

“I remember our first date here. Your face turned bright because of a scoop of ice cream”, he smiled at her and held her hands. Yoona looked into his eyes.

“Yoona, I know I made a mistake by neglecting you”, he gulped, Yoona’s eyes turned gloomy suddenly. She didn’t want to talk about that actually. It must lead to her darkness memory. She just wanted to forget it. “And I know that night I hurt you so bad and I apologize for that”, he squeezed her hands softly and Yoona’s eyes became teary. Should we talk about that night? She talked inside. Every time she remembers that cruel night, her heart becomes hurt more and more. She realized that Jonghyun was the one who hurt her the most but deep down inside she knew Jonghyun is the one she loves.

Jonghyun suddenly pulled her closer and cupped her face. Yoona remained silent. She bit her lower lip, anticipating what he would do to her. “I love you”, he said while staring at her eyes deeply. Yoona just wanted to cry. The situation was similar to his confession five years ago, when he asked her to be his girlfriend. “I know you may not believe it. I confess that I used your feeling back then to get some info about Minjun. But I did love you and will always be, my dear. and I promise I’ll protect you, even from my father”, he said sincerely. The tears finally streamed down on her face, Jonghyun quickly wiped the tears. “Don’t cry, please”, he then kissed her lips lightly. Damn it! He missed her lips so much. Yoona closed her eyes to feel it again after five years. It electrified her truthfully. She tried to push his chest but he didn’t move. Despite of all what he has done to her, good and bad, she missed this guy. He released the kiss and kissed her forehead, forming a smile.  

“Eheem”

 A sound interrupted their time. Jonghyun and Yoona tilted their heads to look the figure. A fat man stood beside their table. “Sorry sir for interrupting your love exhibition, but you shouldn’t kiss her here”, he said politely.

“Why? I’ll pay the bill”, Jonghyun said but the man suddenly looked so shocked seeing them.

“Wait a minute! You are the couple who often came here for dating, right?”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrow, “Sorry?”

“The girl and mint choco ice cream? And the boy who always wants a vanilla cream?”, the man pointed his finger on them.

“You don’t remember me? It’s me!”

Jonghyun wrinkled his forehead, trying to remember something. “Hwang Junki-ssi?”

He nodded his head enthusiastically. It’s actually Hwang Junki, the owner of the ice cream café. “Oh My God! It’s you? You change a lot!”

“Well, my body is fatter actually. Hahaha”, he laughed and then looked at a woman beside Jonghyun. “You two still together?”

Jonghyun smiled and circled his arm on her waist, Yoona was a bit startled. “Yes. We are married, hyung”, he smiled mischievously.

“What? You two already married?”, his face looked shocked. “God! She must be your destiny!”

Jonghyun chuckled, “I’m so lucky then”

“Yes you are. She’s so beautiful. Your children will be handsome and beautiful”, Mr. Hwang praised Yoona. She was blushed.

“My son is so damn handsome”, he then bragged his son.

“What? You have a son? Oh my God I feel so old suddenly”

Jonghyun laughed and Yoona’s lips curved a little. Mr. Hwang then asked his waiter to make something. Not long after that he gave them a gift.

“What’s this?”, Jonghyun accepted the red box and gave it to Yoona.

“A gift from me to your son. He’ll like it”, he winked his eye, making Jonghyun smiled.

“Thanks. I’ll come again next time”

“You have to”, Mr. Hwang said. Jonghyun smiled and held Yoona’s hand, leaving their favorite place to their house.

***

Jonghyun opened his car door and led Yoona to the elevator. Yoona looked at the place. It’s actually not her house. It’s a condo or a hotel. She looked at him, demanding an explanation. Jonghyun understood what she’s thinking about. He embraced her shoulder, entering the elevator.

“We move here temporarily. Your house is not safe now, my dear”, he explained it.

“Jonghyun?”, she finally produced a voice. Jonghyun smiled unconsciously, whether he’s happy because of her voice or not.

“He’s here”

They went out from the elevator, walking to a door on the left side. Jonghyun pushed the bell button.

“It’s me”, he said and KLIK! The door is opened. They’re welcomed by Mrs. Song. Jonghyun quickly gave the red box to her. “This is for Jonghyun. Please, put this in the refrigerator”. Mrs. Song then put it faster. He then brought Yoona inside and led her to the living room. Yoona was amazed with the house actually. It’s so big and elegant. It’s an expensive condominium actually. They sat on the sofa, observing the house.

“I rent this place for us. That is your room and beside is mine”, Yoona looked at the door. I’ll take you there later, ok?”, he smiled while caressing her cheeks.

KLIK!

Suddenly they heard a door opened. Someone went out from the room. “Mommy!!!”, a child’s voice echoed inside the house. Yoona tilted her head and saw her son run into her, behind him was a beautiful and young girl.

Little Jonghyun jumped into the sofa and gave her a kiss on the cheeks. He circled his arms on her neck and hugged her. “Bogoshipta”, he said.

Yoona, unexpectedly hugged him and rubbed his back. Jonghyun smiled looking at that moment. It’s so beautiful, he almost cried looking at them. Meanwhile, Jihyun sat on the sofa in front of them. That’s the first time she saw Yoona after five years. She thought Yoona is indeed beautiful. Looking at them brought something to her heart, a warm feeling. She finally understood why her brother didn’t want to give up on her.

“Don’t leave me again, please”, little Jonghyun pouted cutely while talking to her. Yoona nodded her head softly. Little Jonghyun then gave her a peck on her lips.

“You don’t miss me?”, Jonghyun interrupted them and smiled. Little Jonghyun moved his body to his lap and gave him a kiss on the cheek excitedly. “I miss you too, daddy”

Jonghyun turned blank for a while. Daddy? He called me Daddy? Is it real? He lost in his thought.

“You don’t miss me?”, His son asked while torturing him with his pouting mouth. Exactly like his mother! He thought inside.

“I miss you, too”, he then hugged him.

“Aunty Jihyun said you’ll be back”, he circled his arms into Jonghyun’s neck, “she said I can call you daddy because you will be my daddy soon. Yeay!”, he said happily. Jonghyun couldn’t handle his smile, his dimples were shown.

“You’ll always be my son”, he hugged him. Yoona abruptly ruffled her son hair.

 Jihyun then moved her body. She didn’t want to interrupt their happiness actually, but Jonghyun called her name.

“Jihyun”

Jihyun tilted her head to see her brother face. Jonghyun moved his son body to Yoona’s lap and approached her.

“You put the makeup on, right?”, he asked bluntly. Jihyun widened her eyes. This ing Lee Jonghyun! Seriously? Why he has to blurt it out in front of his family? She cursed inside.

“Ya! Keumanhae. It doesn’t suit you”, he . She then unconsciously slapped his arm hard. Her action made Jonghyun chuckled.

“I put this to make me look older! I’m a 10 year old girl with a nephew. Can you imagine that?”, she said it nonchalantly.

“But you don’t have to put that lipstick on your lips. Ah jinjja! This is Seoul, not London. I guess you should stop hanging out with your older friends”, he mocked her. Jihyun’s face turned red. She’s angry, definitely. But Jonghyun kept laughing.

“Ya! Stop laughing!”, she wanted to leave him there but one more time Jonghyun called her name.

“Jihyun”

“What? I don’t care what you wanna say”

“Jihyun”

She finally gave up and turned her head to him once again.

“Thanks for being here”, he formed a smile. However, Jihyun tried to ignore him by walking out the living room, “Just don’t disturb me ok?. Mrs. Song is the dinner ready?”

“Yes Miss Jihyun”

She then went to the dining room and curved her lips.

 

Super late update i know. Sorry for that because i have to work hard lately to finish the deadlines. but i'll update soon. i promise. Enjoy! :)