The Lamb and The Lion

Bad Love

 

Yoona was taking out her tuna sandwich when someone suddenly sat beside her, leaning his head at the head of the bench. She knew him, Lee Jonghyun, the Taekwondo captain and Judo captain at her school. He’s one of the most handsome students in school, also one of the smartest students. He’s popular among girls. But, something’s strange. He sat beside her out of nowhere, instead of sitting next to the iest girl in the school like Kang Mirae. Yoona blinked her eyes while munching her tuna sandwich.

“It’s good to be here”, he then suddenly took her tuna sandwich and ate it. Yoona was a bit startled with his action. Jonghyun stared at her eyes deeply, trying to seduce her.

“Hmm… it’s my last sandwich actually”, she said innocently, avoiding the eye contact. Her heart beat faster actually, being stared intensely by him. She then drank her milk and threw it to the dustbin near the bench. After that, she cleaned up her lunch box. Jonghyun’s eyes followed her act. He thought that Yoona has a good manner.

She suddenly stood up, Jonghyun then lifted his body and grabbed her wrist. Yoona blinked her eyes, looked so surprised. “Where are you going?”, he asked her, looking at her face.

“Back to the class? You ate my lunch and I have nothing to do now”, she hesitated to answer. She’s a bit confused actually why Jonghyun wanted to know where she will go.  It’s true that she doesn’t like to talk too much with other people. He now believes she’s that kind of girl, a bit loner.

“Stay here”, he said, motioning her to sit back. She unconsciously put herself on the bench.

“Wae?”, she asked nonchalantly, putting her lunch box beside her. Jonghyun leaned his head to her and abruptly put his head on her lap. Yoona gasped, surprised with his sudden action. She wanted to reject him, trying to lift her body but Jonghyun reached her wrist, grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers. He put their hands on his chest so that she couldn’t move.

“What are you doing? I want to go to my class!”, she said, almost yelling. Her mind couldn’t believe it, what if everybody looked at them? What if his girls and fans looked at them being so intense there? She didn’t want to be his victim. She didn’t want his fans being mad at her. They didn’t even close, they never talked before.

“Just five minutes”, he said while closing his eyes slowly, “It’s really good to be here”

“Jonghyun-ssi, we can’t be like this. What if…”

“Just five minutes ok?”, he cut her words, still holding her hand. Yoona was actually worried but she couldn’t move, freezing like a statue. What’s the point of his action? She thought. She hoped no one could see them like that. But, it’s too late. Someone already saw them together on the bench.

***

After that moment, Jonghyun often came to the school park to see Yoona, He even came to her class, attracting many girls in her class. He picked her up to go to the canteen together. Firstly, Yoona felt a bit awkward. How come a popular guy like him wants to meet her often? He has a lot of fans in school truthfully, why her? Still, she hasn’t found the answer yet. She was trying to be nice actually, as simple as that. But, sometimes Jonghyun treated her like a girlfriend. For instance, when she decided not to come to the park and he was looking for her, he came to her class. She’s reading her book back then when he suddenly stood up beside her, closed her book, and held her hand. He actually wanted her to go to the canteen together. “You didn’t appear at the park. Have you eaten yet? Let’s go to the canteen!”, he held her hand. She actually rejected his offer but he didn’t care. He just brought her to the canteen, making all the people looking at them.

She wasn’t embarrassed. She just felt strange and awkward but strangely there’s also an excitement inside. She admitted it, she never treated like this before, even with Minjun. Even though they’re close, he never treated her like that, because she thought that Minjun is just his cousin. Jonghyun brought something to her, something that she hasn’t figured it out yet. She didn’t know why he is like that, being kind and friendly to her, in fact they didn’t even know each other. She’s on the way to believe that he’s trustworthy to be her friend.

For Jonghyun? Of course it’s all about his friends’ plan. He has to be her boyfriend first, collecting all the info about Minjun as much as he could. To be her boyfriend, he has to be close to her. How come? He didn’t even know her before. She’s not her type actually, though she’s beautiful. And beautiful is not enough for him. Because of his blunt character, he also approached her with his own way.

As he observed, Yoona is hard to approach. She couldn’t open herself easily. He knew that she didn’t believe him easily. That’s why he demanded himself to go inside her heart. He had to do something more sincere so that she can believe that he likes her. Also, to diminish her suspicion. It’s not easy for him. The first three weeks after their meeting, Yoona still rejected his offer to go to school together. It’s embarrassing actually. Jonghyun was rejected for the first time. When he approaches someone, usually he’ll get her in three days. The best is he can sleep with her after a week. But this time’s different. He then did something to impress her, though it hurt himself.

As usual, every Sunday is the best time for Jonghyun to practice his martial arts skill in his studio. He invited Yoona to see the place. Yoona didn’t reject his invitation. She came, wearing a soft blue dress and dark blue flat shoes. She looked stunning actually, looked different with her uniform. Jonghyun waved his hand and smiled while looking at her. Joonyong, who also loved martial arts, was watching them.

“You came?”, Jonghyun said, holding her hands directly. Yoona just nodded her head, mesmerized by the place and also Jonghyun.

“You came alone?”

“No, my driver brought me here”, she answered while glancing at the studio. She couldn’t take her eyes off of the place.

“You like this place?”, he asked, looking at her response. Yoona’s eyes then stopped observing the place. She smiled widely.

“It’s a good place. It’s wide and …”, her eyes stopped looking at some spot.

“And?”, Jonghyun raised his eyebrow.

“It’s a good place to paint”, she smiled shyly and pointed on a spot, “besides, that spot has a lot of art stuffs”

Jonghyun remained silent. His expression turned to be more serious, luckily Yoona didn’t see it. It’s his favorite place actually, the spot that’s full of art stuffs. Those were his mom’s, and he put them there in purpose, to remember his mom. The studio is actually his base camp. He and friends usually spend their time together there.  There are some spots in the studio, martial art and arts area, living room area, and small bar. Yoona’s still staring at arts stuffs area.

“You can go there later, ok?”, he convinced her, Yoona got his attention again. “Now, I have to practice. My personal trainer and Joonyong are already here”, Yoona bowed at them politely, he pointed a couch not far from the martial art area, “You can sit there”. She followed his words. She sat on the couch, watching at him. Jonghyun and Joonyong were practicing their own move firstly. After fifteen minutes, the personal trainer asked them to fight, practicing their moves. Both of them gave respect and started to fight. Jonghyun looked so energetic; meanwhile Joonyong looked full of power. Yoona widened her eyes looking at them. It’s a bit harsh for her actually but Jonghyun’s skill made her speechless. He indeed had a skill and Yoona suddenly felt proud of it. Fifteen minutes later, Joonyong started to lose his energy. Meanwhile, Jonghyun still could manage his moves. He moved faster but unfortunately he did a mistake and fell. The personal trainer and Joonyong helped him to stand, Yoona gasped, covering with her hands. She quickly ran into him.

“Oh my God. What happened? Are you ok?”, she asked him in panic. She slowly put her hands on his arms, her face looked so pale. Jonghyun just smiled weakly, but Damn it! It’s hurt! He thought.  The personal trainer and Joonyong searched for first aid. Yoona quickly grabbed the first aid box and put a balm on his sprained arm. Joonyong and the trainer looked confused. But Jonghyun thought that his plan is successful. Yoona’s just looking at him now. He then asked the trainer to leave them. He actually winked at Joonyong secretly, signaling that his plan’s successful.

Yoona’s attention was only for him. She wrapped his sprained arm carefully. Jonghyun just glanced at her secretly. Jonghyun suddenly pulled her closer with his free hand. Yoona felt a bit surprised with his sudden action. “Be careful with your hand!”, she whinned, making him smiled widely. His eyes were staring at her deeply. “Don’t hurt yourself, ok? You make me worried”, she complained. Jonghyun grinned and suddenly put her slim body on his lap and pecked her lips. Yoona’s startled, “What’s that for? You stole my first!”. She’s trying to release her body, but Jonghyun’s arm was stronger than her body. He couldn’t let her go.

“What’s that?”, she demanded an explanation. Her eyes were staring at him.

“Be my girlfriend”, he said slowly, as if he’s talking about it sincerely.

“I wanna go from here”, she said, avoiding eye contact.

Jonghyun was looking at her move, he knew she’s nervous. “Be my girlfriend and I will release you”, he kept looking at her. Yoona tried to bow her head but Jonghyun’s sprained arm held her chin hardly. “Look at me.”

Yoona gulped. Jonghyun leaned his head closer, “I asked you to be my girlfriend”

“Why you’re always be like this?”, she replied it bluntly.

“It’s not an answer”, he said firmly, “Only yes or no”

Jonghyun leaned his face even closer, Yoona couldn’t move, didn’t know what to say. She blinked her eyes several times but she couldn’t get her sense back. Lee Jonghyun just said his confession. Yoona gripped his t-shirt tightly while the other hand was touching his sprained arm. They remained silent for a while.

“And you know what? I cannot accept the “No” answer”, he then claimed her lips once again, but this time Yoona didn’t do something to prevent it. She just sat on his lap, couldn’t even move her body.

 

Blue Moon in Jakarta was Great! It was fun. I was having fun. CNBLUE is cool in real life. Finally, i can continue writing this fanfic. Enjoy the story! :)