Final Attack

Bad Love

Jonghyun was so busy that day. He already talked to his lawyers to prepare all the proofs. Mr. Lee was found in Perth and forced to go back to Korea. He’s not that stupid, of course. He prepared everything and paid some lawyers to make his son down. In the first, Jonghyun almost lost because Mr. Lee accused Jonghyun a girl named Im Yoona, which brought another case that involved him. It became more complicated actually, the kidnapping and case. Jonghyun was not afraid of the jail and the punishment. But he’s worried about Yoona if he would send to the jail. She’d be lonely and no one could protect her. So, the session was postponed because Yoona wasn’t there to give a statement. The prosecutor wanted her to be there next week.

Jonghyun was totally worried and confused. Yoona was actually not ready. She could be out of control because her darkest memories will be revealed. But he had to try to talk to her, convincing her to give an explanation. Sooner or later she should tell the real story. So after the difficult time, Jonghyun decided to talk about it with Yoona.

It's already 11 pm when he arrived. He saw Mrs. Song were sleeping with little Jonghyun. Whereas, he found his sister was so serious with her book and iPod. He then moved to the master bedroom, his room, while releasing his necktie. He glanced at the body on his bed. It's Yoona. The bruises were almost gone but her trauma was still remained. They slept in the same room, to prevent any incident, Jonghyun insisted to be with her. Though at the first time, Yoona looked so afraid. But he finally could handle it.

He slowly approached her and kissed her forehead. "I'm home", he whispered while squeezing her left hand softly. Later, he quickly took a bath and wore his grey long sleeves sweater and black trousers, lying on his bed beside Yoona. It's a hard day for him. He had to finish all the documents, met up with the clients and prepared proofs for the police. He thought so deeply without realizing that Yoona was opening her eyes weakly.

"Oh, I'm sorry for waking you up", he moved his body to face her, putting his hand behind her head carefully and making her face him. Luckily, she didn't reject his action though the fear still remained in her doe eyes.

"How do you feel today?", asked Jonghyun. His hand wanted to touch her cheek but Yoona took a back a little. Jonghyun just smiled and caressed her cheek, "I won't hurt you anymore". She then let his hand touched her cheeks and ears, once in a while rubbing her shoulder. He looked at her eyes deeply. "Was your therapy with dr. Jung going well?", Yoona blinked her eyes weakly while Jonghyun flicking her hair behind her ear, staring at her eyes. Yoona nodded her head. Jonghyun suddenly kissed her nose lightly, "Good girl", one of his hand held Yoona's hand which placed on his chest. "Look. I've sued my father and Agnes for kidnapping and torturing you. I need you to speak up at the court, my dear", he said slowly. He didn’t tell her about the case. He still wasn’t sure yet. Yoona stared at his eyes, trying to understand what he's talking about. created a move, "I...I'm afraid".

"Don't be", he caressed her cheek once again, touching her bruises that almost faded away. "I'm with you. I'll protect you. I promise you.", he convinced her. Then, he pulled her closer, embracing her body and rubbing her back. "After this, I'm going to bring you somewhere. We'll pick up our happiness.", he's her hair and kissed the top of her head, he could smell her strawberry shampoo. The scent that had made him addicted. His made Yoona feels sleepy. "Now let's sleep, hmm?", Yoona nodded her head slightly. Jonghyun slowly closed his eyes; his chin was on her head. Yoona also closed her eyes, inhaling the scent of Jonghyun. His hand pulled the blanket to cover her shoulder. And they fell asleep. Arms to arms, there's no distance between them and it’s just happened. As if bad memories never happened before. Jonghyun knew he still couldn't fix her heart fully yet, but. Yoona didn't refuse it either. It's just enough for him to be like that. It's just enough for them.

 

***

 A week later…

 

The black car was parked in the lobby. Jonghyun brought Yoona to the court and for the first time it made the media curious. Lee Jonghyun wrapped his hand around her waist publicly, suing his father because of kidnapping. But he didn’t mind. He already told them that he has a son and now he wanted them to know that she’s his mother.

But the most important was the session today and Yoona’s condition. He observed her secretly, glancing at her since they left the house. Once in a while Jonghyun squeezed her hands softly and it felt so cold. Yoona was indeed nervous. Her face stiffened a bit when they entered the court.

 

Fifteen minutes later, all people gathered. Mr. Lee and his lawyers also entered the room. His eyes directly stared at Yoona and it made her trembling a bit. Jonghyun noticed her action; he held her hands tightly and gave her a smile.

 

“Everything will be alright. You’ll be just fine.”, he said sincerely. Yoona squeezed his hand weakly, trying to tell that she’s ok.

 

The first session the judge asked more about the kidnapping to Mr. Lee and some witnesses, including Jonghyun. They explained what happened that night during the kidnapping time. Yoona felt uneasy. She’s so nervous because she was involved, and the judge asked her to confess or gave an explanation.

Mr. Lee was busy doing his defense. He felt that he's not involved in the kidnapping of Yoona. But Jonghyun's lawyers kept asking about that moment and showed many proofs. He looked a bit nervous but he could cover it up. The last statement that he gave to the judge was, "I didn't do any of those stupid things". Jonghyun just hissed.

In 30 minutes, they could feel the tension. The situation became so difficult because Yoona was asked to give her statement as a victim. The judge was told about her condition, that's why he tried to make the condition conducive. Yoona felt so nervous being the center of attention. She looked at Mr. Lee who smirked evilly and she felt her heart a bit down. She then looked at Jonghyun who gave her a smile and said "You can do it. I love you" without a voice. Being asked about what happened in that mansion felt like bringing the bad memory back to her. She often rethought her words because of hesitation. She had a dilemma within her heart.  Jonghyun knew her condition but still believed in her. She would tell the truth.  “T-that day, I-I was at home. Then a few men b-brought me to a big house’, she stuttered. Jonghyun’s lawyer then asked her a question, “Did you know where it is?”

Yoona shook her head, “N-no”. She continued her statement slowly but sure. Everyone was looking at her attentively, including Jonghyun. He’s actually proud of her because she could tell them the truth. However, the hardest part wasn’t over yet. Well, it’s true that Jonghyun almost won over his father, the proofs made Mr. Lee felt uneasy. But after Yoona revealed all, he attacked her by using Jonghyun’s mistake. He accused him Yoona before his college life. Yoona felt her body shivered. Suddenly, the memories of that rough night came back. Her lips were trembling when the prosecutor asked her whether it’s true or not.

“But your majesty, it’s really out of context. We gather here to process Mr. Lee’s case!”, one of Jonghyun’s lawyers tried to return the focus of the court.

Mr. Lee’s lawyer cut his words, “I guess we also need her statement about the truth of my client’s statement, Your Majesty”

The judge looked so serious; he stared at Yoona a bit but didn’t realize her trembling body. “Continue”, he said.

Mr. Lee smirked. Jonghyun almost screamed out his curse to his father. He knew he wouldn’t let this be so easy. His father might plan something to make him down. He really wanted to grab Yoona’s hand and took her away from the court but he couldn’t. His mind knew Yoona would be panic in a few minutes. Her emotion wasn’t stable and she didn’t want to recall all the bad things he’d done to her.

“Miss Im Yoona, Can you tell us whether it’s true or not Mr. Lee Jonghyun you when you’re in high school?”, the prosecutor asked her straightly. Yoona widened her eyes, her mind was totally blank. There’s a battle inside her head. She actually loved Jonghyun but he’s the one who her that night. But she didn’t want him to go to jail, she needed him.

“Yoona-ssi?”,

She kept silent.

“I repeat, is it true that Mr. Lee Jonghyun you that night?”

Her body was trembling so hard, even Jonghyun could see that.

“Interruption! Your Majesty, as we know the condition of Miss Im is not well. Can we just continue this after…”

“See? She even can’t answer the question! It must be true that she was by him”

The court turned into chaos. Jonghyun’s lawyers and Mr. Lee’s lawyers argued a lot. The judged had to say “silence” continuously but it didn’t influence the situation. Yoona couldn’t bear it. She automatically closed her eyes and ears, didn’t want to hear their fighting. She hesitated to say what her heart wanted.

“STOP!”, she yelled, still covering her ears. Everyone stopped arguing and saw her. Jonghyun quickly stood up, wanted to approach her but his lawyer reminded him that he’s still in the middle of the session.

She cried. “Please stop!”

Mr. Lee’s lawyer then approached her. “So, it’s true then that he you? it’s really ok to tell the truth”

Yoona opened her eyes and gave him a death glare. “No! You are wrong! He didn’t me!”

“Miss Im it must be a mistake, right?”

“NO! He didn’t me! We did it with love! Is it wrong if we love each other?”, She screamed. All eyes were widened. They couldn’t believe in her answer. It’s actually obvious that she was but why she had to deny it? Jonghyun gaped; he couldn’t even imagine she did that. Actually, he her. That’s the truth! But why?

Are you protecting me now? Why?  Jonghyun asked inside. He’d been rude to her but she protected her.

“Well, if you are under pressure Miss Im, we guarantee you that you will be protected”, the prosecutor said, while glancing at Jonghyun’s side.

“NO! He didn’t do that! We loved each other back then”, she yelled, “Can we stop this? I want to live my life peacefully. Why do you want to know about us? WHY?”

The judge then looked at her deeply and ordered her to return to her seat. He decided to stop the session and told them that the proofs are enough. Jonghyun approached her swiftly and then hugged her tight. It looked so disgusted for Mr. Lee though. But they didn’t care, Jonghyun then asked her to sit and wiped her tears.

“I-I’m..”, she stuttered. Jonghyun could feel her body shivered.

“Ssshh.., You did well. Now we only have to wait for the result”, he soothed her and rubbed her back.

Mr. Lee, with his lawyers and a few police, suddenly approached them. “You’ll never win, son. The result will be the nightmare for both of you”, Mr. Lee smirked.

“We’ll see. I’ll prove that I’m doing the right thing”, Jonghyun hissed, still hugging Yoona. He could feel Yoona squeezing his arm.

“Well, I admit you made me disappointed by choosing that woman”, he said, “but I’ll win, just wait for it”, Then he went out with the lawyers. Jonghyun’s eyes followed them until they disappeared from his vision.

“C-can we go home now?”, Yoona whispered softly. Jonghyun then realized that he’s still hugging her.

“Yes, sweetheart. Let’s go home”. He held her hands and went to the black car, going back home.

***

 

 

 

 

 

I'm back! I'm sorry for the super duper late update. i've been hospitalized and sick for three weeks. Also, had a massive deadline after that. Enjoy! :)