Reason

Bad Love

The sun felt so strange that day, yet it’s warm. Jonghyun already woke up but decided to stay in bed for awhile. He couldn’t sleep properly actually. Yesterday was a hard day for he and Yoona. All the arguments and defense made them exhausted, emotionally and physically. He’d been curious about Yoona’s action that day. He perfectly realized that he had hurt her so bad and he deserved the punishment, any kind of punishment. He’s ready to accept it. However, instead of blaming him, Yoona protected him. She didn’t let everyone ask further about what he did that night. Jonghyun felt relieved and guilty at the same time. He didn’t know the real reason why she acted like that.

“Why?”, he made a soft sound almost whispering while rubbing Yoona’s cheeks. He leaned his body closer to her, observing her tired face. She really looks like an angel in the morning. Jonghyun kept her hair when she slowly opened her eyes. His touch suddenly made her awake. She was a bit surprised seeing Jonghyun’s face close to her.

“Good Morning, beautiful”, he smiled at her. Yoona blinked her eyes and slowly her eyes widened. Her lips curved.

“What do you want for breakfast? I’ll make it for you”, he said to her politely, making her smile from ear to ear. It’s good. No. It was excellent for Jonghyun. Looking at her smile always be one of the best views in his life.

Instead of answering his question, Yoona reached his body and hugged him. Jonghyun was a bit startled, still he hugged her back. “What’s wrong?” He felt her sighed. He knew what she wanted to talk about. It just felt so hard to start. So, Jonghyun decided to start it first.

“Yesterday was tough. You must be very tired, right?”, he kissed her hair while she nodded her head slightly. She hugged him tightly, signaling him that it was really hard for her. “It’s ok. It’s over now. We are now just waiting for the result”

Yoona released her hug, staring at his eyes nonchalantly. But Jonghyun saw something in her eyes. He found fear and sadness? But why? The case was almost done and he is 100% sure that his father will be punished.

He swiftly cupped her face, “why do you look so scared?”

“I-I…”, she tried to answer but couldn’t open . Her hands grabbed his t-shirt, making them even closer. Looking at her made Jonghyun felt guiltier. He then hugged her tight, placing her head to his chest and trying to calm her down.

“It’s ok. I don’t want to force you. Let’s talk about it later, hmm?”

“I-I’m scared.”

“I’m here, baby. No one will hurt you, not even myself”

“But, but they will take you”, her voice was shaking. Seemed like she held her cry.

Is that her reason? Her implicit reason? He thought.

“No one will take me from you”, he assured her, rubbing her back. Yoona slowly released the hug, staring at his eyes deeply. Her eyes were teary.  She wanted to tell him her feeling during her investigation but she hesitated. She couldn’t trust him yet but on the other side she didn’t want to lose him. She needed him so much especially to face this crazy world. She loved him and will always be, but something made her confused.

“I-I-I don’t want them taking you”, she said while taking a deep breath, “I don’t want to lose you”

DANG!

It’s like a hard slap for Jonghyun. Her statement enlightened and saddened him at the same time. He was so glad Yoona told him that she doesn’t want to lose him. It meant so much for him. It made his wonder clear actually that she wanted to be with him.

“Is that the reason why you protected me yesterday?”, he asked her carefully, afraid of making her uncomfortable. Yoona nodded her head. She closed her eyes for awhile, reminiscing yesterday event and imagining what she should do without him around. Jonghyun suddenly pecked her lips softly, making her opened her eyes. She looked into his eyes, feeling secured. Jonghyun showed her his dimple smile.

“I-I…”

He pecked her lips once again, “I say it first. I love you, so much. I really want you to know my real feeling for you. Yes, I lied to you once but I can’t get over you. I really love you and I don’t want to force you, my dear. I won’t leave you”

The tears streamed down on her face. She felt so relieved because all the things she wanted to say were said by him. Jonghyun wiped her tears softly and kissed her forehead.

She whispered, “I’m afraid of being hurt”

“You won’t be hurt anymore”, hugged him. She finally told him, though it’s just a short confession. Silence filled the room but it felt so good. They just cuddled in the bed, assuring their selves that everything will be alright.

KLIK! Suddenly, someone opened the door. Jonghyun peeped a bit to see who’s coming and his smile appeared immediately.

“Mommy!”, little Jonghyun crawled on the bed, intervening his parent intimacy. He positioned himself in the middle of them and kissed Yoona’s cheeks. “Good Morning”. Yoona smiled.

“Only mommy got the kiss after you disturb us? What about me?”, teased Jonghyun while tickling his son. It made him chuckled.

“No. hahaha I won’t kiss daddy!”, he back while laughing, but Jonghyun attacked him with tickles and kisses, Yoona also gave him kisses. “Stop-stop… hahaha I will kiss you”, little Jonghyun said and then gave his father a kiss. “How can you get in? Where is Mrs. Song?’, asked his father.

“Mrs. Song left me in the bedroom and now I’m hungry”, he pouted his mouth cutely, making his parents smile.

“Ok now get up! I’ll make both of you breakfast. What do you want? Pancake or waffle?’, Jonghyun offered his ability of cooking to them. “What do you want, sweetheart?” Yoona thought for awhile.

“Pancakes”, she answered shortly.

“I want it too!”, little Jonghyun said excitedly.

“OK now you help me to cook. Let mommy has another rest”, he said while carrying his son outside. Little Jonghyun just laughed out loud, happy with his father action. They left Yoona inside with a smile.

***

After a month of waiting, Jonghyun and Yoona felt anxious. The day was coming, the result was out. Once again they were invited to the court to hear the final result. They were nervous. It’s not about Mr. Lee’s punishment but whether the case of Jonghyun was involved or not in this case.

They woke up earlier and went to the court with every faith in their heart. The court was full of people. Everyone gathered there, especially the journalists. People always wonder what the hell happened with Lee’s family so most of journalists in South Korea tried to search for the facts. Jonghyun met his lawyers at the lobby along with Yoona. He saw his father with his lawyers, being handcuffed and smirked at him. But he didn’t mind him.

They entered the room, ready to hear the result. Since the beginning Yoona held Jonghyun’s hand tightly. Honestly, she’s afraid, afraid of everything that could happen that day. Her thought was full of negativity. What if Mr. Lee appeals to the higher court? What if Jonghyun was accused by them because of ? What if they take Jonghyun? Those kinds of thoughts filled her head. Her heart was uneasy.

The judge started the session. Proofs were collected and the prosecutors had discussed about the case.

“Continuing the abduction of Miss Im Yoona’s case, we already collected the proofs, investigated the culprit, the victim, and the witnesses, also heard the defense from lawyers, prosecutors and juries…”, the judge paused his voice. Yoona held her breath, so did Jonghyun. It would be a waste if his father had no punishment. He already made a big effort to penalize his father and he didn’t want it wasted away.

“Also considering the condition of the victim during the incident, I decided the culprit, Mr. Lee Jong Chul, guilty for abducting and abusing Miss Im Yoona. He will be sentenced to five years in prison and fine $ 100.000. Case closed”, the judge said it clearly while knocking the hammer. The room abruptly turned into a crowded place. Jonghyun’s team cheered up hearing the result. Jonghyun was hugging Yoona tightly while Yoona couldn’t stop crying. She couldn’t believe that Jonghyun’s case didn’t involve in this case. Jonghyun kept saying “it’s ok” to her. Meanwhile on Mr. Lee’s side, the lawyers felt disappointed and threatened Jonghyun that they would bring the case to the higher court.

“It’s not over, Jonghyun-ah”, said his while smirking at him.

“Do what you want. I will not lose. My lawyers will take care of it and you will be punished”, uttered he, “You really disappointed me dad. I’ll make sure that me and Yoona will be happy”

Jonghyun quickly brought Yoona outside the crowd. He noticed that she was trembling so hard. He put his hand on her waist and rubbed her shoulder softly. “What’s wrong? It’s over”

“He-he said it’s not over. He will continue the case”, she cried, “Ottokeyo?”

“Sssh… he can never win. Can we go now? I think we have to celebrate this”, he smiled, so did Yoona. He held her hands, entering the car. They wanted to celebrate it. Although everybody said it’s not over yet, although everybody had a negative thought about them, or although his father wouldn’t be punished. Jonghyun felt like he already won something. Something that’s so precious. Something that he thought he would never get back.

***

The shine shone bright. Jonghyun brought Yoona to their favorite café, the ice cream café. Not long after they arrived, his driver also delivered little Jonghyun there. He promised his son to eat some ice cream together and he thought that day was a right time. Little Jonghyun was so excited. He ran immediately after he arrived, sitting in his father lap.

“My son is coming”, he said loudly, catching him and putting him on his lap, “what do you want?”

“Hmm… I want it all”, he smiled, teasing his father.

Jonghyun kissed his cheek, “No you can’t. If you eat ice cream a lot you’ll be sick, understand?”

“Chocolate ice cream”

Jonghyun then ordered the menu. One chocolate ice cream, mint chocolate ice cream, and vanilla ice cream. Yoona looked better after she ate the first spoon. Jonghyun couldn’t stop smiling looking at her.

“It definitely makes you calm”, he wiped the corner of her lips. Yoona nodded and smiled wryly.

“Is-is it really ok?”

“Are you still afraid?”

“A little”, she said quietly.

He abruptly pecked her lips, making her a bit surprised. He could see her cheeks blushed a bit. “Look, sweetheart. Don’t be afraid, I’ll protect you. Can you trust me now?”

Yoona thought for a while. Trust? Since when she tries to trust him? He hurt her bad, can she trust him again after all this time? After everything that he’d done to her? But she desperately wanted to trust him. She needed him, loved him, and wanted him so much. Jonghyun realized that his question was not easy to answer, especially for Yoona. He could see hesitation and fear in her eyes.

“Can you?”

She stared at his eyes deeply, looking for sincerity through his eyes. Strangely, her head couldn’t be controlled. She nodded her head slowly. Jonghyun curved a smile while feeding his son. Little was so into his ice cream.

His free hand cupped her face, “If you can start to trust me, can you do something for me?”

“Hmm?”

Jonghyun smiled for no reason. He took something from his pocket, making Yoona confused. “Jonghyun-ah, look at us, ok?” his son nodded his head. His eyes were so bright looking at them.

“You said you can trust me now”, he slowly showed a navy blue box in his hand. He opened the box, confirming something inside the box. Something that she would never think. “Will you marry me?”

***

 

 

Finally an update! it's 2 am in Indonesia and i have no time to edit this chapter. Enjoy! :)