09

Between sneakers and heels

She swore a few minutes ago she was determined to vacant her gall bladder. She wasn't being ignorant either that she didn't warn the boys the moment she stepped inside.

In fact, Hana's fist was just an inch from the door when she heard a child-like voice spoke out "Hey, I got an idea."

And from that moment after she heard everything, Hana decided not to knock and just barge in. Why can't you barge in your own house anyway?

She saw how stunned the boys were when they realized she was now in the frame but thinking on how important she needed the bathroom, the boys were just a small matter.

A piece of tiny rocks.

 

 

Baekhyun didn't even know what to answer. Heck, he doesn't even know what to utter right now, the exact moment in front of his team mates and his so called brothers.

Oh h€ll no he didn't expect such an abrupt encounter.

 

"Well, uh it's nice that we have seen her now." Suho tried to avoid the sound of cricket from filling the silence. "I guess we should do the proper greetings later, huh?"

There weren't any sounds of footsteps but instead, a loud thud produced right in front of the stairs. There it was. Hana.

......On the ground?

 

 

"A-Are you okay?" Chanyeol rushed to her side and held out his hand with concern. How did she fell anyway?

Groaning, Hana took it without any hesitation which actually surprised Chanyeol. While dusting off her jacket that was wrapped around her waist, she thanked the boy. "The railings aren't my type. Ugh."

"Pardon?" He blinked in return.

Chanyeol blinked even frequently when Hana was the one who stretched out her arms first "Hi. I'm Hana. You?"

Puzzled, he touched the end of the girl's fingertips "Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol"

She then tucked both of her hands in the back pocket of the jeans, Hana stepped forward with a bright expression "Yo?"

Expecting to be introduced, but not by Baekhyun because he was still in daze, Suho stood up. A polite yet curt bow because the younger girl didn't followed the korean tradition in greeting that they had to it first. "Nice to meet you Hana-sshi. I'm Suho, the leader of the group”

Hana took out her right hand, "The leader? As in their guardian?" Suho nodded tentatively and she smiled "..Nice to meet you too, Suho"

 

Apparently, all of them were already on their feet. None on the couch neither on the floor.

"Oh Sehun here! I'm the maknae~" A voice boomed. Hana searched for the owner and smiled as she waved her hand.

"Hi Sehun!" Oh wow, she can pronounce his name easily. That's an improvement.

 

“I think I’ve seen you somewhere before” Luhan blurt out. Hana tilted her head sideways “Likewise…” She then smiled, her right dimple showing through “… But I don’t really remember” Shrugging, Hana giggled. She doesn’t really care.

To strangers, Kyungsoo rather kept himself silence. Just like the first time he met the boys.

 

"Great. It's nice to get new friends." She chuckled lightly and eyed Baekhyun who was standing stiffly.

"You have," he finally looked at Hana properly when the girl voiced out to him "a bunch of good friends."

Now that Baekhyun sees it properly, Hana did look like a girl. If it wasn't for her extremely short hair that is shorter than Luhan and how she dressed up in front of him now, she's pretty in her own way.

WAIT A SECOND

WHAT DID I JUST SAID

 

He shook his head, not believing what he had just thought inside. Has Baekhyun gone insane for a second?

"Not that I will fall for any, though." Inside her mind, Hana was pumping her fist in the air. Hell yeah her sarcasm made Kai turned bright red. Clearly her words affected the tanned skin boy when he suddenly choked on his own saliva.

She heard everything..

 

The only girl in the house suddenly jumped on her spot when her watch made a beep sign. Noted on how Hana must have set it up. "Ooooooooh sh!t."

"OH SH!T H€LL NO I'M GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN" Hana suddenly grabbed her wallet that she dropped on the coffee table and rushed to the front door "TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER!"

 

 

Kyungsoo slumped down on the couch "Oh wow, I thought the wallet belongs to one of us."

"Hey baek," Luhan whistled "tough girl you got there."

Sehun rubbed his ears and stared at Suho "My ears aren't pure anymore."

Ever since the manager surveyed their attitude on becoming trainees, they were forbidden on using harsh words. They were trained to be polite and since idol shouldn't be building any bad image, they didn't even use curse words on each other, afraid they might be using it in public.

It's been awhile and when Hana blurted them out oh-so-casually. Damn they were left baffled again

 

And Baekhyun?

He cringed in disgust. Minyoung is better. He thought.

 

Expanding her arms wide, Hana panted due to her excessive running earlier "Ta-dah! I'm late!"

"No you're not." Sungjae didn't even spare his bestfriend a glance. "You're early."

She frowned, feeling slightly dejected with the lack of response "No. I'm late. I'm 2 minutes late. Dinner's on me!" Hana exclaimed and was about to claim her spot at the corner of the cafe when a pair of high school students had already placed their bags on the table. Brushing the dust from their skirts before sitting down.

Once again, Hana frowned. They knew she likes to sit there. Any one of them will always reserve the spot because it was a little bit hidden yet near the cashier and the kitchen where her friends are working.

'Oh' was the only thing Hana could say.

 

Rather than feeling upset, Hana continued smiling brightly. Oh well, maybe they were too immersed in working that they had no time to reserve the table. What's the big deal? She can just sit wherever she wants. Even on the floor.

Nope, Park Hana wouldn't mind.

 

Ren yelped when Hana tugged the end of his apron. The sudden action nearly made Ren lost his balance. "Wha- hey!"

“Ren, aren't you working a little bit overtime? It’s nearly dinner you know."

Chewing his lips so that the girl couldn't see him stutter, Ren looked away "I'm busy Hana."

 

Dαmn it. Hana couldn't contain it any longer. Now that she realized, she didn't even consumed breakfast or lunch. Hana caught Sungjae staring at her then she mouthed 'faster'

The latter’s reply was just a shrug and he suddenly grabbed a small kitchen cloth as he wiped the counter. Wiping the counter for the thousandth time, really.

 

If there weren't any cctv, Hana can just easily skipped into the kitchen but realizing that she’s not even the staff nor having any authoritative, the blondie remained silent.

V wasn't going to come out either.

 

"GUYSSSSS I'M HUNGRAAAAAYYYY" kicking her legs on the table, Hana did attract a few of the customer's attention looking at her weirdly.

"Miss, if you're not going to behave, I'm going to ask you to leave."

She scoffed while stay remained on her spot. Not even intending to sit up straight. "Who the fu©k are you to speak politely to me?"

Sungjae's lips slowly curved upwards but the intense gaze he felt on the back of his neck warned him to fake a mask.

"Sungjae ah," Hana showed her teeth while smiling "Get off work or I'm going to kick your balls off so that you don't have any energy to work anymore."

Was it normal for him to shudder at Hana's words?

 

 

Hana stood up too quickly that her cap nearly fell off. As she made sure all the strands of her hair were pushed inside, hiding them underneath the red cap that was given from V on her birthday, she grinned "Finish working? I'm as hungry as fu-"

"Hana."

"Huh?"

"We can't be disturb. Can you.. leave..?" Weird. There weren't any jokes written on V's face. Somehow, in Hana's thought, the boy looked so uptight.

 

She held out her hands towards V. The latter looked down in confusion. "Phone."

He frowned. No, Hana can't have his phone. "What phone?"

"YOUR phone." She pressed on the subject. V usually gave in since Hana likes to play with the application he installed. Then it clicked his mind, when Hana got bored or she was asked to wait, he will always pass on the cellphone willingly. Aish- how can I forget

 

"V" With stern voice, Hana didn't backed away "Cell . Phone."

Sungjae stepped inside the frame and grabbed Hana's arm "It's late. You should go back-"

"Late?" Hana raised a brow "Since when did our dictionary have the word late? What happened with 'it's still early'?"

 

Something was off the track and Hana isn't that stupid.

Crossing her arms, Hana shouted shamelessly "Dad! This isn't working. I agreed to the deal but that doesn't mean you can take my friends away."

Murmurs were heard around the cafe. People around were questioning on Hana's sanity. When she saw Ren bites his lips from afar, clutching on the tray... Hana smirked. Do they really think Hana wouldn't figure things up fast?

 

"I'll be back real fast so make sure you guys are ready by then and let's fill in our tummy with ddeokbokki." She tiptoed to kiss V's cheek as he was the nearest to her spot "I don't accept refusal. Or else," As Hana passed by Ren to the front door, she ruffled the boy's hair "You guys are frigging dead."

 

 

"Leave us or I'll leave the house." That was the first thing Hana blurted as soon as she stepped inside the garden, facing both Mr and Mrs Park.

The green grass suddenly was stained by Mrs Park spitting out the liquids inside .

 

Coffee grass anyone...?

 

 

"Park Hana!" Her mother exclaimed "Now what?!"

"What, what?" She crossed her arms, making Mrs Park stood up as well "Stand properly little lady! What is what, what?"

"No, you answer me. What is, what is what?"

 

The sound of Mr Park's tea cup collided with the glass table made both of them shut their mouth. "You heard me, father."

"I heard you as well." He simply said. "I'm adjusting your reputation. Reporters might be everywhere. Wouldn't want your husband to see pictures of you doing skinship with another man, would you?"

 

Hana turned red. Does she look like someone who really care about that? Man? Woman? Husband? She is just one of the highschool girl and... and Baekhyun is still a boy who is just a year older than Hana!

Obviously Mrs Park was oblivious on the situation. Now that she tried to think hard, did her husband really put a spy on their daughter?

"Father," She gulped down her saliva "I even stay with Baekhyun and the other boys. I'm willing to take over the company. I signed the marriage contract. But you have to promise me one thing."

This time, Mr Park looked up just to see Hana's determined eyes "Don't build a wall between me and my friends."

"Do you like them?"

Her father's question turned Hana speechless. What the-

"Do you love any of them? As in more than a friend standard?"

"What? Father- I- No--" Mr Park stood up in the middle of Hana's spouting nonsense. "Then it's finished. As long as you won't develop any special interest."

 

She swallowed hard. What is with all this bullsh*t?

 

"Love Baekhyun instead." And with that, Hana stared blankly at the back of his father’s retreating figure.

 

"H-Hana ahh.." Her mother sounded desperate in coaxing her but was more than surprised when Hana jumped up and down "Wohhoo yay those brats wouldn't have to avoid me now~"

She tilted her head upon seeing her daughter's behaviour. Caressing Hana's hair with her hands, the woman smiled apologetically although Hana couldn't see it. Do you really don't care about yourself...

 

"Got to go mum! Send my regards to Zelo." Hana hugged her mother "Ren is going to explode if I don't feed him fast" Winking, she ran out of the garden.

Mrs Park can only smile but her smile faded when she noticed Hana was back to herself. Not using the normal walking path to get out of their house.

 

"YAISH YOU LITTLE- HOW MANY TIMES I TOLD YOU NOT TO JUMP OVER THE FENCE???"

 

 

A loud groan was more than enough to wake Baekhyun up from his little nap. Chanyeol patted his bestfriend's bum "Tired?"

"The ultimate reason why I'm tired is because you forgot to unpack your bag"

"Aw. And you did it for me?"

"Giant freak."

 

"Hey Baekkie?" Luhan's head popped out from the room "Aren't you supposed to unpack your things upstairs?"

Baekhyun stretched and cracked his bones "Eh? But we're supposed to be roomates."

Suho who was yawning, appeared behind Luhan "Dude, there's only one room upstairs and you know who belongs there."

He rolled his eyes and slumped down on the couch, screaming he won't and he don't like it.

 

"WAIT" Baekhyun quickly straightened himself, looking frustrated in his bed hair due to his excessive ranting by his body earlier. "One room?"

They nodded slowly as if they were the one confirming it back. "ONE ROOM?!"

 

Chanyeol chuckled "I'm telling you Baek, both of your father and hers have hired the beeeeeeesttt" He put his thumbs up "...architect ever"

"DαMN IT" Baekhyun continued abusing his body by throwing himself on the couch.

 

Across the kitchen where Sehun was busy finding food, he stepped out with a frown "Hey watch it. My ears need their purities back."

 

"I don't feel like cooking. Do you guys mind eating a take out?" Kyungsoo walked out the kitchen sheepishly.

Pouting, Suho took a glance on his watch "It's a little late so I guess it won't be a problem since there won't be many people outside."

"We'll go out? Like this?" Chanyeol blinked "But Baekhyunnie's wife.."

 

"I DARE YOU TO REPEAT" Red eyes due to tiredness, Baekhyun managed to scare off the tall guy. Kyungsoo couldn't help but to laugh out loud "I've never seen you so miserable before"

"And now we will always see this side of hyung." Sehun chuckled.

 

Kyungsoo shrieked when he saw Kai walked out from his room after taking a shower "Kai! Put some clothes on!" Worried that Hana might pop out anytime, Kyungsoo's eagle eyes drilled an imaginary hole to the front door.

Kai pointed his spongebob boxers, looking puzzled "Uh hello? I'm not ?"

Suho threw him a pair of sweater "Put this on, we're going out."

 

"Can.. Minyoung follow us too?" Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck "She said she didn't take any decent meals since this morning."

Luhan nodded, being the representative of the others "Does ddeokbokki sounds good to everyone?"