17

Between sneakers and heels

Hana crossed her arms, eyes showing full determination.

“No,” She spoke sternly “Means no”

 

Stomping her feet on the ground, Hana almost tear the house into two “Moooomm!! Daaaaaad!”

“Ha,” Her mother’s eyebrows rose upwards “That is your punishment”

 

She scoffed in disbelief. Just because she sent Baekhyun on the ground yesterday and sprinted out of the house, leaving the boy to organize the furniture and boxes, Hana had received a letter of the permission involving in a student transferring.

“Okay,” Hana held her chin high and smirked “But I’m not going to wear their school uniform.”

 

Being placed in non-government high school at the centre of Seoul and studying oversea taught Hana to wear her own attire aside uniform. Basically, Hana never owns one. She thought it was crazy for all the students to wear the same thing.

Hana barely pronounced one’s name. How do they expect her to recognize the students that all look the same to her?

 

She held her temple and feigned drunk “My head oh my god my head I’m getting headache”

Knowing that she has to be the transfer student to local high school made Hana’s lips jutted forward. Sure she didn’t have any close friends in the school, but at least they respected Hana as the richest lass in the school, as well as the smartest one. Not to mention, the most careless person in the world but not from her attitude perspective.

Hana tried to widen her eyes “Last bargain, can’t I go to another school? Kyeongbok… High School…?”

 

Yeah right, because that is where V and the other boys studied in

 

Mr Park rubbed his eyes behind his thick glasses “No, go to where Baekhyun goes”

Groaning, Hana threw her hands in the air and headed upstairs when suddenly the maid blocked her way, preventing her from going further.

They were hanging their heads down, none had the courage to look up

“Excuse me?” She layered her own curse when Mrs Park crossed her arms behind “Where do you think you’re going young lady?”

Speaking in her ‘duh’ tone, Hana answered “My room of course.”

 

“Go back to your house. The butler will send the uniform this evening to your house.”

“I want to sleep.” She stated but flinched when Mrs Park raised her fist “Aish! Go back to your house!”

 

 

Kai jumped in his seat when the door was slammed a tad too loud for his liking. Frowning, his eyes followed the figure who was power walking inside.

“You could at least behave a little bit-“ He was then silenced by the gaze given by the latter. Kai pouted and turned his head back to the television. He decided to continue watching an animation with Kyungsoo since the other boys didn’t come back from their practice, yet.

 

She was about to climb upstairs when Baekhyun’s voice put a halt on her steps. He was smirking “Oh, you’re back.” He then pressed on the unnecessary topic “AFTER I clean the house by myself.”

 

Hana spun her heels around, looking at Baekhyun who was crossing his arms against his chest while wearing an apron. “There are seven pair of balls in this house, it’ll be farcical if you can’t handle the house altogether” Unconscious that Luhan had departed from the house.

A petite figure came behind Baekhyun, holding a spatula. The girl was about to open when Hana tried to remember her face. Oh his girlfriend

“And one biddy around.”

 

Baekhyun loosened his crossed arms and stomped forward to Hana. Eyes penetrating her soul “Don’t you dare speak to my girlfriend like that!”

She pushed Baekhyun’s shoulder, giving her own self space to breathe “And you dare to speak about my friend mindlessly?”

He pushed back, making Hana stumbled but luckily regained her balance back “None of them are even your boyfriend”

“Boys- friend.” She gritted her teeth. Did Baekhyun really wanted to get into a fight today?

Hana was burning inside and yet to cool down but the boy was pouring fuel. A damn big scuttle of kerosene.

 

 

“Keep in this mind you spoiled brat,” He knitted his brows together “You’re not even worth my time.”

Hana wasn’t intending to say what she said afterwards, the words accidentally slipped from “And you think you’re that worthy in the entertainment industry?”

Baekhyun’s tense shoulder dropped. His face fell. The words coming out from Hana’s mouth somewhat stabbed him in the heart.

 

 

PANG!

 

 

Kai gasped as Kyungsoo’s eyes grew twice bigger. Both stood up from their couch instinctively.

 

Baekhyun was now facing Hana’s side view as the girl’s neck twisted 90 degrees, her golden hair that he unknowingly admired covered most of her face. He blinked when Hana didn’t reacted back angrily to Minyoung who just swung her hand, whipping Hana’s head to the side.

The girl who’s the same age with Hana was trembling but her eyes hardened “Don’t say that to my oppa! How dare you insult his dreams!”

 

A new feeling gushed inside her, she never felt stinging like how Sungjae or Ren whined when she slapped them at the back of their neck.

But now, she felt how she was supposed to feel when someone laid a hand on her. Funny, because for Hana, this was the first time she let a stranger laid a hand on her cheek.

 

 

“Minyoung!” Strange, it wasn’t Baekhyun but it was Kyungsoo who voiced out. “What do you think you are doing?”

The last time they saw Hana beating up her own friends, probably it wasn’t possible for Hana to send Minyoung to the hospital. Or maybe an emergency room, but she didn’t do anything except sighing.

 

“Whatever.” Hana blew her hair out of her face, revealing her scarlet cheek and tucked her hands behind her jeans. She climbed upstairs and went to her so-called room in the house.

 

Sehun bit his lips. Hana didn’t turned around but she spoke loud enough for all of them to hear “I don’t think I want to see anyone when I wake up later”

Signal for them to go away before Hana herself bury them inside her man made grave.

 

She didn’t express anger nor did sadness but calmly close the door. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s right arm “Let’s just go out for lunch.”

“She didn’t touch you. Why would you do that?” Kyungsoo asked again.

 

Minyoung decided to hide behind her boyfriend, hands crumpling Baekhyun’s shirt. “I..” Baekhyun who just regained his sanity started to speak “She didn’t mean it okay.”

“And you mean what you said?” Kyungsoo questioned.

Baekhyun searched for the latter’s eyes “Why are you on her side this time? You don’t like her Kyungsoo. We dislike her.”

Surprisingly, Kyungsoo shook his head “Everyone makes mistake. I’m going to apologize for mine but you Byun Baekhyun,” He sighed “I can’t believe you were being a d0uchebag back there.”

 

“Hyung…” Sehun pressed his lips to a firm line. Everyone knew how Kyungsoo hardly get along with strangers but Do Kyungsoo is the man who stands for justice and rights. He didn’t like tangling matters as he’s the type to untie the knot.

 

“She insulted oppa…” Minyoung tried reasoning herself when Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow “And your oppa didn’t insult her?”

 

A growl was then heard in the thickness of silence. Kai hung his head low, flushing in red.

Kyungsoo’s hand went to the younger’s shoulder “Take them outside to eat with you.”

“You’re not…. coming…?”

He shook his head and let his gaze fell on both of the couple “I’m going to clean the kitchen and finished the cooking. I think you should go.”

 

Baekhyun made a face. Groaning, he pulled Minyoung from his back, slinging his arms around the girl’s shoulder as Kai tailed behind.

 

Kyungsoo sighed “Baek,”

“What?!” He frowned, lips pouting. Clearly he was upset when Kyungsoo lectured him. The wide eyes boy chuckled.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nearly have the same trait. They get sulky easily. Of course Suho is included in their circles of period.

 

 

 

“At least leave the apron behind.”

 

 

Mocking a foetus, Hana’s knees touched her forehead. It was suddenly raining heavily outside and thinking that she didn’t eat anything yet since her visit to her former house earlier, made Hana moved around.

She made a quick prediction that no one was in the house. Clutching on her stomach, she walked outside of the room, facing a dark eerie hall. Hana shuddered.

Park Hana hates the darkness.

 

Nonetheless, Hana still walked to the kitchen. The lights were on, thank god. Now she doesn’t have to run avoiding the darkness as if a ghost will chase her.

She always does that.

 

A step.

Hana was just one step away from entering the kitchen.

She tapped her feet. To go in or not to go in?

The level of her stomach was nearing famine but still, she hesitated. What if anyone finds out and tell Kyungsoo?

 

Hana slouched, looking crestfallen as she filled the air in her cheeks. A thunder roared in the sky, lighting whatever that was in front of her vision.

Hana’s eyes grew as big as saucers as she screamed when a silhouette passed across her. Feeling a hand on her right shoulder, she turned around hugging thus keeping her eyes shut.

Against her temple, there’s a thump.

 

“Y-You ok-okay?” Before, it thumped, now it vibrated.

Hana looked up just to see Kyungsoo’s chin right on top of her forehead. She swallowed “Hey, I’m not going to let go.”

Was it her own imagination or that Kyungsoo’s skin really just turned pink?

 

“And why wouldn’t you?” He didn’t stutter this time but his eyes increased in size. Hana shrugged “Light up the whole house first.”

“Then you have to let me go first.”

“Uh,” Hana made a face “No?”

“There’s nothing in here.”

“There is. I saw it.”

“What was it?”

 

Kyungsoo looked down where Hana was still circling her arms around his waist, resting her head against his chest.

Zelo was right.

Hana could have care less for a skinship maniac.

 

The crease on her forehead was visible from Kyungsoo’s vision. “I thought you’re fearless?”

“Not with the darkness.”

 

He chuckled, which was the first time Hana heard them “So you’re not going to let go?” He asked for another confirmation.

Neither a nod or refusal were given hence Kyungsoo took Hana’s hands away from him, he spun their position so that Hana was facing the light, he held her from the back though he, himself didn’t consider that as a back hug.

 

Why would Do Kyungsoo be hugging Byun Baekhyun’s future wife anyway?

 

“Walk to the kitchen.”

“Walk with me.” She retorted.

He held back his laughter “I am.”

“Okay, watch my back” Hana stated too serious that the laughter he held almost got erupted “Who’s going to watch my back?”

Oblivious, Hana started to walk with the same pace as Kyungsoo. She rolled her eyes “Duh, patently not me”

 

She sighed in relief when the whole kitchen was now full of light. Kyungsoo let go and Hana spun around, beaming in the process “Thanks!”

 

Now that they can see each other clearly, the trace of pain was seen on Hana’s cheek as Kyungsoo stared at her.

She really didn’t care.

 

“You okay?” Concerned, he asked. His hands went to cup Hana’s cheek “Seems swollen to me.”

She laughed “Nah, don’t worry about it.” Hana smiled “You talk to me,” Smile even wider “gently.”

 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat “Um so you uh hungry?”

“Am I even allowed in here?” She asked. It wasn’t a sarcasm. It was just a mere question.

 

Gladly, he smiled “Do you want to help me cooking?”

Hana grinned and nodded eagerly. Kyungsoo switched on the lights on the hall as well since the girl seems like she won’t step into the darkness due to her weakness. “I’m sorry for our bad meeting.”

She waved her hands “You owe me no apology.”

He nodded and started to take out fresh food from the fridge, passing them to Hana so the latter can put them on the counter.

Seems like the words that Zelo gave yesterday echoed in his memory. Hana isn’t that bad.

 

 

“Hey Kyungie” She called. Kyungsoo turned around, raising an eyebrow without looking annoyed anymore upon hearing the nickname when Hana tilted her head

 “Want some hot chocolate?”