13

Between sneakers and heels

The boys took their turn to shower as the house only consists of three bathroom. One inside of Hana's current room, the second at the end of the first floor and the third at the ground floor. Since the first floor bathroom is still under construction due to the leaking pipe under the sink and the broken tile they just figured out yesterday, they decided to use the ground bathroom. Couldn't use the second option could they?

 

At the other side of the room, Hana groaned out loud. Seriously?

The heater won't work out? At this moment of her urgency, it didn't help at all that both their parents will be visiting them today. Slyly, Hana peeked out of her room and downstairs, and when she realized no one was there, she sprinted to the bathroom. Her gall bladder filling up to the maximum and Hana couldn't bear any longer.

 

 

The ones who didn't take the shower yet were Chanyeol and Luhan.

 

"Who's inside?" Luhan yawned and leaned on the wall as he rested his head on Chanyeol's shoulder. They were tired as heck but knowing they couldn't skip practice today, they were forced by Suho to wake up before the manager came by himself, threatening to kick them out of the precious mansion.

Chanyeol shrugged and rubbed his eyes childishly "Must be one of the maknae line"

It was always like that, the hyungs have to bear the time taken if any of the maknae line be using the bathroom. What they ever did inside was an ultimate question for them. Suho caught Kai posed a variety of facial expression once and Baekhyun who found Sehun talking to himself in the mirror.

When the sound of water droplet stopped hitting the marble tiles inside, they took it as a sign for their turn now. Luhan saw Kai and Sehun playfully pushed each other while walking outside one of the bedroom, following behind was Suho who teased Baekhyun by whipping his wet hair, and Kyungsoo just came out of the kitchen.

 

Then he frowned, all six in front of his eyes.. Then who...?

 

As if on cue to his question, the door opened, revealing the person behind. Chanyeol dropped his showering tools, producing a loud thud. Luhan's head fell from Chanyeol’s shoulder and the sound of Sehun shrieking woke them up from daze.

"YAHHHH!" Baekhyun pointed shakily towards the sole object- person. Suho looked away and the boys followed suit. Sehun and Kai their backs as the others let their eyes wandered aimlessly, suddenly finding the walls and tiles entertaining.

Nevertheless, Baekhyun rubbed his forehead in an attempt to cover his vision "Y-You can't just walk out like- like that!"

 

 

Hana blinked in confusion when Chanyeol gave him his big sized towel and covered the blade of her shoulders and collarbone. This time, they dared to look at her.

"What?" She asked.

Sehun huffed his breath, the only one who doesn't turn his back yet "Noona! Can you please hurry up and get dressed?!"

"What did I do?" She pouted and made her way upstairs, accidentally brushing against Sehun's right arm. The youngest unwittingly blushed.

 

"For someone who doesn't have a younger nor older sister, I'm going to admit I'm stunned." Luhan fanned himself on the neck. Chanyeol elbowed him and pinked as well "It doesn't mean we aren't"

Kyungsoo shook his head and bored his eyes onto Baekhyun's "That girl," He chuckled "Is really something huh?"

 

 

Closing the door using her toe thumb, Hana rolled her eyes. The strangers are getting weirder and weirder. Not knowing the proper reason for their act, Hana brushed the thought away and grabbed a pair of black jeans, a simple white collar tshirt portraying her favourite band and a pair of sneakers- tadah! Hana was born fresh again.

A soft knock made Hana spun her heels. "Breakfast is ready," Said the person with the deep voice. "Come down if you are ready."

When she didn't answer, the sound of the footsteps decreased.

Should Hana go down? But yesterday- Kyungsoo..

 

She smiled. An invitation means she's invited right?

Hana tugged both her hands inside the pockets of her jeans, she decided to use the stair properly today.

Then she heard voices "Chanyeol! Kyungsoo hyung is still mad at her"

"Aw come on Kai, let's be friendly." Chanyeol laughed.

"Yah, Kyungsoo. She can join us right?" So, the deep voice belongs to Chanyeol.

It was silence before another voice spoke. It was nearly a whisper though "I think we should at least give her chance to fit in.."

The overly familiar shriek made Hana stifled her laughter "Sehun, not you too~" Kai whined.

 

"Oh." Luhan straightened his shoulder when he realized Hana was stepping closer. The others stopped talking. Did Hana already hear everything?

Chanyeol was about to invite her by gesturing his hand but Kai kicked him under the table, making the tall young man flinched. Kyungsoo wasn't sparing any glance and Sehun stared at the bowl.

"Whoa." Luhan stared in amazement "She really didn't come near to the kitchen.."

 

 

"Oppa~" Another unfamiliar voice came behind Hana. She looked over her shoulder just to see a girl with a dress and a pair of pink heels running towards her. At first, the girl was beaming but then she stopped in track and thousands of wrinkle formed on her forehead upon seeing Hana.

Hana looked at her up and down. Just a normal girl. Her hair was wavy at the end and they reached her waist. The first thought that came on Hana's mind was; won't those lengths make you feel stuffy?

 

The girl was judging Hana somehow and snapped her fingers "Hey you!"

"Me?" Hana pointed back to herself.

"You're the one who hurt my boyfriend last night!" She crossed her arms to look a bit aggressive since her height was quite unreachable for both. Hana was the one who had to look down "I did?"

 

Tilting her head to the left, Hana questioned herself "V has a girlfriend...? Was it Sungjae? Oh wait- perhaps it was Re-"

"Who?" Her frown was getting deeper and then she pointed to Baekhyun "Have you apologized to my oppa?"

Hana looked at Baekhyun then back at the girl then again at Baekhyun. The boy rolled his eyes when Hana laughed out loud

"HAHAHAHAHA I THOUGHT- HAHAHA" She then pointed to Chanyeol "I thought that is his pair"

The stranger was about to open , bewildered when Baekhyun cuts her "Minyoung ah, don't bother her."

 

Oh, that's her name.

What young again?

 

"I'm his girlfriend." She suddenly admitted. Why would she? She was in embarrassment when Hana didn't even acknowledge her.

Fishing a broken watch inside her pocket, Hana stared at it for a minute before looking away "I'll be outside for breakfast. I'll be back before they come for the visit."

With that said, she was about to walk away when Minyoung grabbed her arm "Wait!"

Even though Hana was wearing a flat sneakers compared to i-don't-know-how-much inches of Minyoung's heels, Hana had to admit she's proud of her height. Not all korean girls are as tall as her.

"You haven't.. apologize.." Her breath was shallow. Hana was this near of laughing. Is she scared?

 

Deciding to make it a little funnier, Hana deepened her gaze and stepped forward as in looking down to the petite girl.

"No."

 

That was when Minyoung realized she was holding her breath. Hana left her just like that and slammed the door. The girl flinched and felt her heartbeat rushed. She was intimidated?

It was as if the predator was giving warning to the prey.

 

"You okay?" Kai asked and the girl turned around with a pout "She's scary.."

Baekhyun pulled a chair for Minyoung to seat. "Don't mind her, I won't marry her for real anyway" He patted the girl's head and began asking for her schedule and such.

 

While someone? Sehun was being an observant for the whole fifteen minutes.

 

That's it.

The way Minyoung's orbs shined because tears nearly fell from the corner of her eyes. Her trembling figure that made all guys wanted to protect her. The way her shoulders slumped down in disappointment made people worried for her.

The dark clouds raining on her head was what make her suddenly a bit dreary than usual.

 

And of all that, he didn't see any single similarities with Hana yesterday. In fact, Hana had gotten it worst comparing to what Minyoung faced today and yet the expression, the attitude and the act were all different.

But what makes them the same is that both are girls though, Sehun stated in his mind.

 

 

"Sehun ah," Kyungsoo nudged the maknae "Is hyung's food bad today?"

"Huh?" His voice seems out of the pitching so he shook his head in return. Sehun began picking up his chopsticks and smiled "Hyung's food the best. I.. um was just thinking of something."

Kyungsoo nodded and continued eating.

Seems like he is still upset about the bowl. Why wouldn't he? That was the first present he ever got in his life and that was given by Suho.

 

As if the day turned into yesterday night, Hana started checking the temperature application in her cellphone. The wind breezily slapped her bare arms and neck. She wondered why she felt cold.

Hana sneezed.

The action occur her to jerk her head forward, bringing her hair in front of her nose as well. "Oh hey," Hana chuckled by herself upon her stupidity of not drying her hair first after showering earlier.

Not that Zelo was going to pop out anywhere soon while bringing along a towel. She puffed her cheeks and stared down at the small rocks. Her legs began kicking the pebbles as she tried to clear her path of walking.

She heard a squeaky voice groaned when Hana accidentally kicked one of the small rocks, hitting the spot behind the latter's shin.

 

Hana quickly tilted her head for a better view when the boy looked over his shoulder. He seems familiar though. The victim was frowning when he turned around, ready to curse Hana out when he was suddenly taken aback by the familiarity.

The girl still had her hands inside her pocket and stared non-amusedly.

 

"Hana.." He voiced out, eyes dropping low. Is he going to cry?

Ren looked different. He dyed back his hair to black. Hana couldn't erase the moment where she forced her best friend to change their hairstyle and even the colour. But now, only Hana was left blonde.

A step he took forward caused Hana to take a cautious step backward without any emotion plastered on her face.

"I-" He was about to speak when she cut her short "Do I know you?"

 

Ren blinked back his tears "Hana don't do this to me"

"Seriously," Hana turned serious "Who are you?"

 

He grabbed the girl's left wrist and in return, Hana twisted them back behind his head while Ren screamed in agony. "Hana! Hana! Stop!"

"Oh?" She pretended to tap her chin "Are you a stalker? I know hapkido."

"And I fu©king know Taekwando whereby you are the one who taught me- ah! It hurts!" He secretly blamed his height for being the same as Hana.

 

She let go without looking tired as Ren snapped one of his collar button off, gasping for air. Hana was about to leave when he tentatively stopped her from continued walking "We-"

There they are. The black gaze of Park Hana.

He swallowed but didn't stop his intention "We are having seafood feast today. They won't eat until you come.."

Immediately, her eyes shone brighter than the usual. She wasn't paying any attention anywhere but the only thing that caught in her ears was seafood.

Damn how the boys knew her all too well she can't overcome her love towards all those crabs... fish... squid.. mussel..

 

Ren's eyes widened once again when Hana swung her arms and brought the boy's neck closer to her.

 

"Alright! Let's go my precious gαy boy~"

 

This time, Ren really hoped he wasn't dreaming "Gαy boy then it is."

 

 

"Shouldn't we look after her?" Chanyeol pouted and patted his tummy, silently thanking Kyungsoo in his mind for being the best in cooking.

"Look after who?" Suho asked.

"Hana of course. It’s already been an hour though." Sehun nodded his head when Chanyeol spoke all the way from his mind. He was agreeing. Not that he is worrying or something- right...?

 

Minyoung stretched her lips with force "You guys seem to form a liking on her..."

Suho bolted up from the couch, shaking his head furiously. Kyungsoo snickered and Kai faked a gag "Ew," Kai puffed his cheeks making them even cheekier "Like never."

Why would Minyoung smile, she can never figure that out but she was just relieved. Why would she felt relieved?

 

"When is the piano performance?" Luhan politely asked and when the girl realized attention was all over her again, she beamed "Next week! All of you have to come, alright!"

The boys chorused a positive answer and Baekhyun ran his fingers through his girlfriend's long hair. Does anyone else have this silky type of hair?

Minyoung smiled widely without showing her teeth as she leaned on Baekhyun's shoulder "Oppa," She cooed "Will you touch that blondie hair like you touched mine?"

Her head vibrated against him, signing he was laughing "Babe, are you serious?" He let his laughter died down and pursued talking. Minyoung was like a cat purring to his master that Baekhyun couldn't help stopping his hand from caressing her head. "Her hair must have felt like a bunch of haystack"

 

Kyungsoo's ears perked up when he heard the front door opened, footsteps coming in and the door closed. "Baek,"

True, he didn't like Minyoung but that doesn't mean he hated his brother that he had to act oblivious "Your parents?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he began panicking. No no no no this is not the exact time to come-

When the figure showed up in front of him, Baekhyun clasped his hands together "MOM DAD I CAN EXPLAIN-"

 

 

The others let out their breath unknowingly, the nerve wrecking moment vanished in the thin air. Hana pulled out the lollipop from , laughing at Baekhyun's perplexed face.

"Since when did I give birth to you?"

Standing behind- no surrounding her were three familiar faces and they even have bruises.

 

"You.." Luhan muttered quietly. Was it really the person he knew or he really is someone who is hard to differentiate people?

"Um yeah, hi." Sungjae who had his arm around Hana's shoulder smiled hesitantly while Ren clung onto Hana's arm without any intention to let them go any soon.

On the other side, Baekhyun still had his hands clasped. What now..?

 

"Boys," He ruffled Ren's hair who was standing beside her and smiled as soon as he met eyes with Kai and Suho "Meet my boys."

 

V curtly gave them a nod upon Hana’s introduction of them.

Sehun couldn't even blink. They're her what?