14

Between sneakers and heels

As if the day turned into yesterday night, Hana started checking the temperature application in her cellphone. The wind breezily slapped her bare arms and neck. She wondered why she felt cold.

Hana sneezed.

The action occur her to jerk her head forward, bringing her hair in front of her nose as well. "Oh hey," Hana chuckled by herself upon her stupidity of not drying her hair first after showering.

Not that Zelo was going to pop out anywere soon while bringing along a towel. She puffed her cheeks and stared down at the small rocks. Her legs began kicking the pebbles as she tried to clear her path of walking.

She heard a squeaky voice groaned when Hana accidentally kicked one of the small rocks, hitting the spot behind the latter's shin.

 

Hana quickly tilted her head for a better view when the boy looked over his shoulder. He seems familiar though. The victim was frowning when he turned around, ready to curse Hana out when he was suddenly taken aback by the familiarity.

The girl still had her hands inside her pocket and stared unamusedly.

 

"Hana.." He voiced out, eyes dropping low. Was he going to cry?

Ren looked different. He dyed back his hair to black. Hana couldn't erased the moment where she forced her best friend to change their hairstyle and even the colour. But now, only Hana was left blonde. Maybe Youngmin didn't change his. Yet.

A step he took forward caused Hana to take a cautious step backward without any emotion plastered on her face.

"I-" He was about to speak when she cut her short "Do I know you?"

 

Ren blinked back his tears "Hana don't do this to me"

"Seriously," Hana turned serious "Who are you?"

 

He grabbed the girl's left wrist and in return, Hana twisted them back behind his head while Ren screamed in agony. "Hana! Hana! Stop!"

"Oh?" She pretended to tap her chin "Are you a stalker? I know hapkido."

"And I ing know Taekwando which you are the one who taught me- ah! It hurts!" He secretly blamed his height for being the same as Hana.

 

She let go without looking tired as Ren snapped one of his collar button off, gasping for air. Hana was about to leave when he tentatively stopped her from continued walking "We-"

There they are. The black gaze of Park Hana.

He swallowed but didn't stopped his intention "We are having seafood feast today. They won't eat until you come.."

Immediately, her eyes shone brighter than the usual. She wasn't paying any attention anywhere but the only thing that caught in her ears were seafood. Damn how the boys knew her all too well she can't overcome her love towards all those crabs... fish... squid..

Ren's eyes widened once again when Hana swung her arms and brought the boy's neck closer to her.

 

"Alright! Let's go my precious gay boy~"

 

This time, Ren really hoped he wasn't dreaming "Gay boy then it is."

 

-

 

 

"Shouldn't we look after her?" Chanyeol pouted and patted his tummy, silently thanking Kyungsoo in his mind for being the best in cooking. "Look after who?" Jongdae asked.

"Hana of course. Its already been an hour though." Sehun nodded his head when Chanyeol spoke all the way from his mind. He was agreeing. Not that he is worrying or something- right...?

 

Minyoung stretched her lips with force "You guys seems to like her..."

Minseok bolted up from the couch, shaking his head furiously . Kris snickered and Tao faked a gag "Ew," Minseok puffed his cheeks making them even cheekier "Like never."

Why would Minyoung smile, she can never figured that out but she was just relieved. Why would she felt relieved?

 

"When is the piano performance?" Joonmyun politely asked and when the girl realized attention was all over her again, she beamed "Next week! All of you have to come, alright!"

The boys chorused a positive answer and Baekhyun ran his fingers through his girlfriend's long hair. Does anyone else have this silky type of hair?

Minyoung smiled widely without showing her teeth as she leaned on Baekhyun's shoulder "Oppa," She cooed "Will you touch that blondie hair like you touched mine?"

Her head vibrated against him, signing he was laughing "Babe, are you serious?" He let his laughter died down and pursued talking. Minyoung was like a cat purring to his master that Baekhyun couldn't help stopping his hand from caressing her head. "Her hair must have feel like a bunch of haystack"

 

Lay's ears perked up when he heard the front door opened, footsteps coming in and the door closed. "Baek,"

True, he didn't like Minyoung but that doesn't mean he hated his brother that he had to act oblivious "Your parents?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he began panicking. No no no no this is not the exact time to come-

When the figure showed up in front of him, Baekhyun clasped his hands together "MOM DAD I CAN EXPLAIN-"

 

 

The others let out their breath unknowingly, the nerve wrecking moment vanished in the thin air. Hana pulled out the lollipop from , laughing at Baekhyun's perplexed face "Since when did I gave birth to you?"

Standing behind- no surrounding her were five familiar faces and some even had bruises.

 

"You.." Luhan muttered quietly. Was it really the person he knew or he really am someone who is hard to differentiate people?

"Um yeah, hi." Kwangmin who had his arm around Hana's waist smiled hesitantly while Ren clung Hana's arm without any intention to let them go any soon.

On the other side, Baekhyun still had his hands clasped. What now..?

 

"Boys," He ruffled Youngmin's hair who was standing beside her and smiled as soon as he met eyes with Jongin and Joonmyun "Meet my boys."

 

Sehun couldn't even blinked. They're her what?

 

 

Baekhyun scoffed and unclasped his hands, realising he looked vacuous that way as he stood in front of Hana. "Your what…?"

 

"Her boys!" Ren barked and frowned "Are you deaf or what-"

He shut his mouth when Kai made an excessive sound using his saliva, which Kyungsoo silently slapped the back of his dongsaeng’s head as a sign for him not to act disgusting.

Sehun was still frowning.

The guy named Sungjae who looks the most unceremonious on the first glance was the first to raise his hand while flashing his eye smile. Maybe they really shouldn't judge a book by its cover "I guess we should start everything over since last night our first meeting weren't that- uh-"

As he was finding the proper explanation, he immediately caught Hana's gaze. That gaze. Ugh. How Sungjae really hated that dark gaze.

 

"Anyway," Sungjae led the conversation since the other side of the group of boys hadn't grasped anything in their mind yet. He started introducing from himself and ended with V. He then got into an eye contact with Suho and smiled "And you are?"

Weird, V wasn't really smiling.

 

Suho nodded and changed into his polite mode since he wasn't pissed neither tired compared to last night anymore. When it comes to another girl inside the house, he stopped talking. Not knowing what he should really inaugurate her.

Minyoung tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she carved her prominent smile, "Minyoung."

Uneasy, V looked back and forth between both of the females. Or if Hana really consider herself as one.

While Hana, she was being herself. Being ignorant and careless to the fact she is facing her soon to be husband's lover. Even her expression didn't alter. It was as if the matter wasn't important at all.

 

V sighed and whispered "Hana. Why did you bring us here?"

"Why? You don't like it here?" She blinked innocently and suddenly all eyes converged to them.

V cleared his throat in return as he rubbed the back of his head "It's just-"

"Baek introduced me his brothers and girlfriend. Why couldn't I introduce mine?"

"Boyfriend?!" Sehun blurted almost too suddenly. Aish, why did his thought came out loud.

 

Hana nodded. "These are my boyfriends." She smiled when Sehun still hasn't reduced the size of his eyes "You're nice, you're my boyfriend too."

Chanyeol chuckled childishly when Hana pointed her index finger to him as well "He's my boyfriend too."

 

A small 'ack' was let out from when V used his palm to lower the girl's head as if she was apologizing "Sorry. This... This is just her own dense psyche"

Minyoung broke the tense with her giggling "It's nice to meet new friends. I hope all of us can stay friends"

By saying all, everyone knew she was excluding herself and Baekhyun while referring to how Hana and Baekhyun relationship will never exist.

 

Ren exchanged uncanny glances with Sehun and Luhan when he noticed how two of the resemblance from that side were eyeing his hand.

"Ah!" Sungjae pried his friend away and smiled apologetically on behalf of Ren who was pouting slightly.

"Old habit’s hard to die. I hope you excuse our presence. I'm just going to repeat what V had said earlier."

 

Luhan gestured them to be comfortable since it was considered rude to let the guests standing awkwardly in the hall. Some sat on the floor but it felt cosy to talk without using the strength of the two of their legs.

Sehun was about to get up when Hana held out her hand "Sehunnie! Don't bother with the drinks. We've had our breakfast earlier..

Sehun nodded. Not really intending to hold the gaze more than a second with Hana which he couldn’t figure out why.

Hana was laughing when Sungjae measured the length of her hair to her ear. The boy was telling her that her hair is becoming longer and that how Hana didn’t even realise about it.

 

"You've had your breakfast outside?" Chanyeol bit his bottom lips apologetically. If it wasn't for him, Hana wouldn't be forbidden to step inside the kitchen.

Why would she obeyed Kyungsoo's order genuinely was a question to him as well.

She shook her head and slowly slid down from the couch to land her bottom on the shag material rug, resting her head against V's knees who sat on the couch while stretching her legs and even resting them against Sungjae’s lap who was on the floor from the first place.

"I went to our house. We had seafood!" She said cheerfully. "Our house.." Kai raised an eyebrow.

She nodded again "Kai, let's join us sometimes. Oh wait no- maybe all of us should."

The way Hana's eyes glittering with excitement shows her love perfectly towards all those seafood.

The reply coming from Kai was only a roll of his eyes.

 

Sungjae smirked and pushed Hana's temples with his thumb "You gave nicknames to them didn't you?"

She pretended to bite the latter's finger and frowned "Did not."

"Did too."

"Nuh uh"

"Oh yes you did."

"Ugh basta-" As fast as lightning, V leaned forward to clasp his hand over Hana's mouth. He was speaking telekinetically while staring at the girl's orbs. Her eyes formed the shape of crescent, showing she was smiling but V refused to take out his hand yet.

Bad strategy, V.

 

 

"You little!" He held back from cursing and wiped his right hand on Ren's leather jacket. How many times already did the girl stained her saliva on his skin since the first time they met?

Hana laughed before pecking V's palm "Alright alright, I’m sorry."

 

Baekhyun tilted his head. If he thought he was the worst for introducing his girlfriend to his soon to be wife Hana, invited her to the house and held hands in public, he was definitely wrong. Hana was even worst!

It was as if she's married with the three of them already.

 

 

"You," Luhan scratched his nose "…looked comfortable."

Hana slouched more to fit in between both of V's calf "Eh?"

V probably has the most sanity as he grabbed Hana by her arm, instructing her to sit properly. He closed his eyes temporarily and inhaled "Hana ahh,"

The said girl hummed her breath as an answer. He patted her head as if imitating the gesture between an owner and the pet "Can I have a cup of coffee?"

 

"Sehunnie offered earlier." She said bluntly. Sehun bit his lips unknowingly. Sehunnie eh?

V shook his head and Hana mimicked him "I don't want Kyungie to get mad. You do it yourself."

Kyungsoo kept silence as Kai stole a glance from the corner of his eyes to look at the said name.

Sighing in defeat, V gave a secret glance to Ren.

In an instant, Hana was dragged upstairs as the boy whined how he wanted to see how Hana's room looks like.

 

 

He sighed again when Hana wasn't in sight anymore "That girl," He smiled sheepishly to all people in front of him "I don't know how to say this."

Suho waved his hand "It's okay. She's... interesting."

 

V began explaining how Hana never really acted once as a girl that worried them. Indecent words spilled out from smoothly as if it was nothing big but in fact in Korean, it was offensive.

Not that Hana give any dαmn about it anyway. It was half of their fault as they let Hana followed their lifestyle adding to her experience living abroad. V even apologized on behalf of his best friend's attitude.

 

"She might do weird things so yeah.. I hope you guys won't get culture shock from her." V rubbed his nape nervously. It felt like he was sending Hana out of his life.

 

Is he..?

 

He also didn't forget to clarify that even though Hana is a year younger than them, Hana will always use informal speech— be it the greetings or how she should address them. Even to her brothers.

"A year younger?" Baekhyun questioned.

Oh hey he just realized he's a year older than the girl.

"Then oppa, she's the same age with me." Minyoung declared.

Unlike Hana, Minyoung got labelled as a respectful girl and even though Sehun, and Kai are in the same age yet born earlier than her, she called them oppa nonetheless.

Luhan chuckled "We did encounter her wild behaviour during early morning earlier before showering. Do we have to prepare for more?"

"Ah.." V and Sungjae suddenly moved their heads in sync "About that.."

Baekhyun silently muttered 'brat' but the only one who heard him was Chanyeol. The latter nudged him in return.

Earlier, Luhan was just kidding but when he saw the look on Sungjae's face, his expression changed "What the," He looked around and the two boys on the opposite him were avoiding their gaze

"You're saying that's normal that she did that?"

Minyoung leaned forward as she rested her elbow on her knees "Did what?"

"Uh.." Baekhyun pulled his girlfriend closer to him, his knees knocking Luhan's. "Nothing."

He couldn’t tell how Hana walked out the bathroom wrapping herself with just the towel could he?

 

 

Amongst all, one guy kept himself unspoken. And if possible and unnoticeable, he wanted to just disappear from there. His eyes never left the man who introduced himself as Taehyung but as soon as Hana elbowed his ribs, he told them to call him by the name of V instead.

 

"You see, there's a lot to learn about her" Sungjae shrugged. So they really knew her well huh?

Kai crossed his arms together, "We don't have that much of a time though to spend with her"

Sungjae shrugged "We're just saying. Since you'll be living under the same roof, I don't want any of you to freak out."

"Trust me," Kai spoke "We won't."

 

Sungjae eyed Kyungsoo who didn't even utter a single sentence. What kind of idol is mute though?

"Kyungsoo...?"

The said name looked up in surprise, realised he wasn't really paying any attention aside from taking glances between the floor and V’s face "Y..es..?"

"About the nickname," Youngmin smiled sincerely "I hope you're not vexed"

Kyungsoo wasn't replying anything that Sungjae had to continue "Usually, the one she gave nicknames are the one who she likes on the first impression."

Still, no answer from the man named Kyungsoo.

And Sehun bit his lower lips to prevent himself from obviously smiling. Chanyeol? Chanyeol grinned widely.

"Some were given because she couldn't pronounce them properly. Hana said she's afraid the meaning will be different when she utters the wrong name. Yours are quite easy to pronounce though, so maybe she sees something in you."

Kyungsoo looked away and continued playing with his finger.

This time, Minyoung was the one who replied Sungjae's smile "Don't worry. They're not interested about her."

Was it supposed to be offensive? However, Minyoung was smiling.

 

Before any warning was given, the whole crowd diverted their attention to another side. Ren face palmed when Hana reached the downstairs but not with her pair of long legs.

But with her bottom falling flat to the ground at the very end of the stairs. V opened his mouth, wanting to say something but instead he decided to slap his forehead as he closed his mouth back.

 

 

 

Hana massaged her lower limb "I.. want the railings stairs in my old house back.."