10

Between sneakers and heels

"Uh.."

Did she just got lost? Hana looked up at the signboard on the cafe. True, the cafe was closed but she's not that dumb to forget the route from her house to her friend's workplace.

Just like herself, those boys will never forget to stuff their tummy with a late night snack. It was their usual pattern in daily life and Hana was now beyond furious knowing that she got ditched.

Why can't they let Hana protect them any longer? Why wouldn't they listen to her anymore?

 

She was hungry and the menu in her mind was V's skull.

Knowing their traits, even though V isn't their sort of leader or something, they just followed him. Instructions, words and actions.

 

The cold didn't bothered Hana anymore. While she unwrapped the sweater from her waist to shield her shoulder from the breeze, Hana was actually thanking herself of not wearing skirts or shorts or whatever it was regarding a girl's attire.

But still, she shivered "These guys are surely going to lose a ball tonight"

Truthfully, Hana wasn't even close to be mad at them but she was just frustrated and...

 

sad...

 

 

"W-We should go back.." Ren fidgeted in his seat and kept looking at the front door praying silently that Hana won't step inside the shop. It was rather small and less cramped unlike the other shop.

They picked a place where they had never step inside since they expected Hana will search for them at their usual spot.

 

Sunjae played with his chopsticks, poking V who sat beside him "I don't think I'm willing to face her wrath today."

"Coward." Ren snickered as Sungjae poked out a finger "I was threatened on not having descendant in the future!"

V slapped the table with his fist but it wasn't that loud to attract attention, it was just to stop them from continued bickering. V ruffled his hair rather harshly and buried his forehead on top of the wooden table.

Ren was the only one who couldn't keep himself still. He doubted himself if he said he didn't miss Hana. The girl had been on his mind all day and he knew the rest were affected as well.

 

The front door bell rang and all pair of head snapped up. As V's shoulders relaxed upon seeing the foreign looking customers, he scoffed "Don't worry, Hana couldn't trace us in here."

It was just a group of male trudging inside with a girl sticking herself with one of them.

Ren, being himself let out a loud sigh. Never once they had seen Hana walking beside a girl. She is just surrounded by boys all her life.

At least the random girl he was looking at right now, looks like a girl. Even acting like one.

"See?" V spoke, "That's how Hana should act- no- should be."

Ren crossed his arms "We should let her as she is, V. You know that."

On behalf of V, Sungjae interrupted "We can't! I mean.. Hana should stop acting like one of us."

His eyes widened "Are you trying to accuse Hana's behaviour is immoral?!"

Sungjae mocked Ren's eyes "I did not! I- I was just.. I want people around to accept her. And that disbar us."

 

Silences engulfed them. It wasn't noisy since the small crowd of customers started to leave one by one leaving two pair of old couple, the group who entered earlier and the three of them seated in circle.

Ren thanked the ahjumma who served their food when his friends were too absorbed in their thoughts.

 

 

Suddenly, Sungjae dropped his utensil and gaped in shock. "Speaking of the devil.."

"HOLY FU©K" Ren choked on his ninth rice cake, frantically flapping his hands for water.

The fairest skin amongst all now had turned the deepest scarlet. Not that his blonde hair is helping either. Ren was just as rigid as a statue while Sungjae clenched his fist, trying to hide his trembling fingers.

Mad Hana is the last thing they wanted to confront. Not that her empty stomach was going to help the situation, it was getting even worse.

 

Hana wasn’t even smiling when she navigated herself towards their table albeit the numbness she felt on her legs. Even the pair couple who was sitting at the corner heard Hana's cracking the bubbles inside her neck bones.

Chapped and slightly purple lips greeted their eyes. They knew it themselves how long Hana had been outside and search thoroughly for her friends.

Nope, they don't feel good.

"Ha," She voiced out, a puff of her cold breath filled the air "Disowning me huh?"

V tugged the end of Hana's sleeves "Listen," Hana pulled away, her eyes were completely red as they were trying to adjust the change of temperature from seconds ago "You know what, V?"

The said name was now standing up but with Hana's hand crumpling his collar tightly. "I can't believe you can be a total d0uchebag."

If the first second he was choked, the second he was thrown down to the floor after receiving a great blow on his left cheek. Damn that stings.

 

Her was-about-to-swing arm stuck in the middle of the air when someone grabbed her wrist from behind. The boys knew better not to touch her when she was feeling enraged.

Groaning, Hana looked over her shoulder and met eyes with an unfamiliar presence "What the h€ll?"

Ren cleared his throat "Hana, let's just go-"

"Don't talk to me you little !"

Baekhyun squinted his eyes "Stop right there. No more violence, no more cursing."

"I'm telling you to let go." Hana's voice sent shrill to Baekhyun’s spine. Nonetheless, Baekhyun lowered his arm but the grip he got on Hana's wrist wasn't loosening even a tiny bit.

 

If Baekhyun knew better, he would have let Hana's wrist free from his grip.

But not after knowing the girl would elbowed his eyes!

He shrieked in pain and the first to rush over him was Minyoung. A tear slipped her eyes when she cupped Baekhyun's cheek "YOU WITCH!"

 

Even as the tallest and the biggest, Sungjae couldn't prevent his upper lips from bleeding. The seat that Ren sat toppled down as Hana used all her force on breaking the stool with her legs.

The rest of the customers stared at the three of them, they weren't badly injured so there was no point of helping anyway but Hana must have been injured a lot... inside..

A gaze from her to the three of them was unreadable. "H-Hana, we-" With one last look, both her middle fingers flew up in the air before shoving them back into her pockets. "Fu©k you"

She's still freezing.

 

 

Three of them were left dumbfounded. It was the first that Hana's cold glare was given to them. To her bestfriends! But then.. What kind of bestfriends ditched each other. They deserved that one.

Of course there were hundreds of time they fool around but it will always end with a laughter or Hana head locking any of them.

This time, it was different. They were left, without Hana even smiling. Their Hana.

Left.

 

 

Behind them, a male suddenly rushed outside muttering almost inaudible 'aish'

 

 

"Hana-sshi!" A deep voice made Hana halted her steps. By judging the way he was breathing heavily, Hana knew he was trying to keep on track behind her.

"W-Why are you so f-fast huh- I- huh"

Despite the dark alley, Hana could still see his face due to the lamp post not far away from them. "Shut the fu©k up and inhale the dαmn oxygen first"

 

His eyes widened and took a sharp breath to calm himself "I'm guessing you live in the state too long eh?"

Realizing he was suddenly talking out of the topic, Hana cocked her head "Mind your own di©k," Again, he was startled by the sudden vulgar word ".. and get the h€ll out of my way"

"My name! You remember it right?" Hana might be tall but comparing the two, he is way taller.

 

"Chanyeol, I'm not at the side where you want to see right now so can you fu©king get out-"

"But we all did." He interrupted as Hana frowned "Who did?"

"We. All of us. Baekhyunnie's friends."

 

 

"Ddeokbokki ddeokbokki~" Sehun sang as he pushed the door opened, the other seven person tailing behind him. When a whole group around a table stared at him, Sehun shut his mouth. Did I sing too loud?

He brushed off the sigh he heard from one of the customers and went to Luhan who had already picked a large table for them to enjoy the meals.

Minyoung clung onto Baekhyun as her source of warmth and the latter was more than happy keeping his girlfriend by his side. They held hands tightly even under the table and rested against each other's head, oh how Baekhyun missed his girlfriend.

The rest of the boys weren't causing any scene as the intimacy of the couple didn't fascinate them anymore. As Kyungsoo ordered a large portion of set and divided them equally, a loud thud made their eyes shifted to the front table.

 

 

Isn’t that, Hana...?!

 

As the first was getting a blow from the girl's knuckles, he was shoved down to the ground. Kai's eyes twitched. Suho with his panic mode shoved Baekhyun away from his seat mouthing him to 'do something'

Sehun gulped when Hana's piercing gaze was now sent to his hyung.

It was too late to help when Baekhyun stepped backwards, hands clamped over his eyes as Minyoung made her way to her boyfriend.

She didn't seem to hear when Minyoung shouted at her. The latter wasn't going to repeat anyway when another boy received a cut on his lips by Hana's knuckles.

Are her bones made of steel or what. Luhan couldn't help but to wonder.

 

Sehun had to shut his eyes and ears when Hana shoved her fingers back to her pockets.

 

When the girl made her way out, Kyungsoo send Baekhyun a look "Dude! Go after her!"

Baekhyun frowned even more. He nearly let out a string of curse but held it for the maknaes “DO YOU WISH TO SEE ME BLIND?!"

 

Suho blinked, he doesn't have the courage. So who did? "Kyungsoo?" The boy expanded his eyes wider. He questioned on his hyung's sanity. He didn't even converse with the girl since their encounter this morning. Why would he?

Before he suggested another name, Chanyeol stood up and ran outside "Aish!"

Luhan was about to follow suit when Sehun tugged the hem of his sleeves as he shook his head vigorously. They all went to Baekhyun and helped him out instead.

Kyungsoo kept on apologizing to the owner and people around as he bowed around 360 degrees.