11

Between sneakers and heels

"You saw me?" Raising a questionable eyebrow, Hana stared at the boy who was still trying to catch his breath.

Chanyeol nodded eagerly and mocked her expression "Uh... Don't you see us back there? We were just a table apart."

Who is in their right mind to observe the surrounding during their emotional phase? Besides, Hana is still pissed. Shrugging casually, she pulled out her hands from her pocket to warm them up with her breath but to no avail. She's as cold as an ice cube.

"Why did you hurt Baekkie?" The boy stopped Hana in her track by standing straight in front of her, his hands made his way to her trembling fingers. Instead of answering, Hana just had to ask "I did?"

He blew his hot breath on her hands as he chuckled lowly, he created friction through their palms together "Yeah." Blowing again, "In the eye."

Although Hana wanted to ask when and why did she hurt the boy's friend, another thought came up in her mind that made her created a question to herself and not the latter.

 

Why is he so warm....?

 

 

Being the most caring man in the whole universe, Suho rushed to the boys who sprawled on the floor. Not even one of them care to treat their bruises.

"Hey," A blonde boy looked up with tears that Suho had to reach him closer "You guys okay?"

He wasn't going to nod nor shake his head as his eyes went up to Baekhyun who was treated by a girl beside him "Do you know Hana?"

Baekhyun groaned out loud. Was it because Minyoung accidentally pressed on his eyes a bit hard? Or was it because of the name that he loathed so much?

"I wish I don't."

"What do you mean you wish you don't" Ren forced himself to stand up, hands clenched tightly by his side. Luhan stood as well and caught Ren's arms before he collapsed to the ground again. He couldn't blame Hana for the reason of his wobbly legs.

Luhan grabbed a stool nearby and then the black haired boy was seated. "Do you guys know Hana?"

Sungjae scoffed "Well, do you?"

"No need to be rude, my hyung was just asking." Sehun jutted his lips in annoyance. So, Hana is as rude as them as well?

 

Ren slammed his fist on the table, gaining the whole attention "You! You're cheating behind her back!" His piercing eyes were sent straight to Baekhyun. "She's going to be under your responsibility, why couldn't you just take a good fu©king care of our Hana!"

Kyungsoo tapped the table using his chopsticks "Hold on there, little boy."

Ren ignored him "I knew it.. This marriage is bull$hit! All Hana will get is more and more of suffering-"

"Dude!" Baekhyun half-yelled, "Down the profanity will ya? We got maknaes to be taken care of"

 

Sungjae twisted Ren's body 180 degree from facing them to now leaning on his shoulder. Sighing, he patted Ren's head. The boy was sobbing for goodness sake. "Sorry,"

While soothing his friend, he threw a friendly smile towards the boys who were gazing on them awkwardly "We're Hana's friends-" He yelped when Ren pinched the side of his waist. V looked up while shaking his head "I mean, bestfriends."

 

"So, are you guys okay or not?" Kai tilted his head, still wondering if the boy who had the most bruises will talk soon. Eventually, V nodded his head and a soft laugh erupted from his bleeding lips "Trust me, this is just nothing. We've had it worse."

 

Chanyeol figured out that the girl has a long pair of legs just like him since he was always behind her in track. Am I lacking in physical potential or what?

He bumped into the back of Hana's cap as he was lost in his thought for seconds. Without turning around, her breath was again visible in the air "Why are you following me?"

I am?

 

"Are you hungry?" Chanyeol blurted all of the sudden. She was shuddering when a breeze slapped her bare skin. He took off one of the layer of his jacket on an instinct and covered Hana from behind making the girl jerked away.

"Gosh, it’s so hot suddenly." His eyes wandered around.

Chanyeol fanned himself and threw the jacket to Hana "Can you hold it for me, I need to...uh search for something"

She caught the furry material and held it using both of her hands instead of wrapping it around her body. Chanyeol let out a shriek "No! No! No!"

"No?" Hana asked, confused.

"Yes- I mean yes, it’s a no"

He sighed and draped the jacket over Hana's shoulder, covering her arms as well. "This.. This is a sponsor jacket! You might drop them on the dirty ground and-"

He halted on his words when Hana tiptoed just to tousle his hair. Hana flashed him a smile that was more than a smirk but lesser than a grin. "Idiot."

"Y-Yahh! I'm older than you." When he lied saying it was hot, he wasn't expecting the lie could become real. Whew, what was the temperature earlier again?

 

-

 

Before they knew it, they had reach at the door step of their new house- or as Chanyeol insisted, mansion.

Chanyeol ran to the heater and turned it on as soon as the door is opened. Hana laughed and stepped closer to him, but this time mocking the same gesture that Chanyeol did for her.

"Haa..." Another friction, "... hooo...." Another breath, ".. haa..."

She blinked in confusion when Chanyeol suddenly pulled away, turning scarlet as he cleared his throat "I- can c-cook ramyun i-if you want to."

Shrugging, she went to the kitchen "Okay," Hana twisted her body halfway while her legs still moving forward "My hot chocolate is the best"

 

And Chanyeol smiled.

 

 

"Daeeeeeebak!" His tongue slipped out from his mouth when the hot chocolate alerted his nerve. Hana straightened her shoulder as she puffed her chest proudly "This is the one and only Park Hana's hot chocolate."

She shook her head and continued slurping the leftover of her noodles inside the bowl "This is dibak too!"

"What's a dibak?"

Burping shamelessly, Hana wiped with a tissue nearby "What you said earlier.”

Chanyeol burst into a fit of laughter and even slipping a tear "OH MY GOD HAHAHAHAHA"

Confirming that his laughter won't erupt again, He squinted his eyes judgingly "How long did you stay out of Korea anyway?"

Another burp came out "I came back two years ago."

He frowned "Shouldn't you at least eat a little tiny bit diligently?" Not that Park Chanyeol was intending to offence her, but his mouth seems to move by itself. For another gender aside from his, he expected to see Hana chewing the noodles, savouring the taste and wipe the mess at the corner of her lips. He'd seen Minyoung done that in front of them a lot of times. Why couldn't Hana?

He hasn't even finished his portion in his bowl, yet Hana had already burping not once, but twice. Or maybe she was just hungry. That is Park Chanyeol trying to convince himself.

"I haven't even finished my ramyun yet" He chuckled.

 

Chanyeol wasn't going to trust the girl when Hana said she'll help to clean the dishes. What if anything happens in the kitchen? He knew all too well how his Kyungsoo hyung treasure all items in the kitchen, including the pots and rags.

Plus, they were eating in a Chinese bowl which Suho had bought a few weeks ago for Kyungsoo as a present upon his vacation to the city.

Nevertheless, Hana told him she will just place them in the sink if Chanyeol insisted on cleaning them.

 

When the front door creaked open, Chanyeol heard thunders of footsteps directing to where he and Hana was standing.

"YOU!" Baekhyun yelled without any warning of his presence. Hana wasn't even alerted that she got startled by the latter's half-shriek. Hana is that one person who got startled easily by a sudden outburst.

 

All eyes that were watching grew as wide as saucers as Hana cursed out loud due to the whammy.

It wasn't because of the obscenity.

It was the one and only bowl.

"Oh," Kai bit his lips and took a glance at Kyungsoo whose eyes looked like it will pop out from its socket soon "My god."