19

Between sneakers and heels

Kai had to inhale his breath deeply due to his faint breathing.

“Seriously? You should be mastering on cheerleading, not some basketball thingy”

Hana was already on the floor, laughing as the beads of sweat trailed down to her neck and stained the sports ground.  She turned her head to her left side, tilting a bit higher so it’s easier to meet the eye “King, you said?”

“Shut up” Kai groaned but reached his right arm out nonetheless to help Hana sat up properly.

Plopping her elbows above her knees, Hana closed her eyes. She was enjoying the gust of wind that nature has naturally provided. As the wind blew breezily, strands of her hair got stuck onto her sweaty sticky skin.

Unknowingly, Kai was staring without even blinking. Kai frowned. He kept trying to find traces of makeup on her face. Even a slight powder but there was none.

With the sun radiating to her skin, sweats made her skin glow. And her hair looks way too healthy for someone who bleached her hair. While Minyoung? Never did Kai ever saw her bare face. It was always patched with something

“Move on, Kai” She muttered without opening her eyes.

Choked,  Kai shuffled in his position “W-What?”

“Don’t just stare. Admit it, you lost”

“I went easy on you,” He smirked “But, where do you learn how to play though?”

Hana opened her eyes and giggled “You’re speaking with the Captain of Cleveland Tigress”

“NO . FREAKING . WAY” Kai straightened his back, forcing Hana to do the same by holding both of her shoulders to face him which of course Hana almost stumbled

Before she even knows it, Kris had already bombarded her with questions

“Like seriously?!”

“The international competition—I mean the finalist during the World Asian Comp?!”

“ YOU’RE THE FREAKING CAPTAIN?! THE WINNER OF THE BIG MATCH?! AND THOSE HOT GIRLS— HOW COME I NEVER SEEEE YOUUU”

Hana tilted her head, one eyebrow arched upwards. “Was the last sentence supposed to be an insult?”

Kai turned crimson that Hana burst out laughing “Back then, I had to dye my hair black for the finals. It was in the rule. So, yeah”

From placing them earlier on her shoulders, Kai’s hand suddenly went up to the top of Hana’s head. He grinned when the latter blinked in confusion “You won. Loser treats”

 

Hana smiled, remembering how her brothers used to say that when they lost a match against her.

Silently, Hana breathed out a sigh of relief. If Kai were to ask her to game on soccer, she might be the one who has to treat the lad.

It seems like Kai had a lot to ask since his arm didn’t leave Hana’s shoulders as they walked out from the court. They conversed a lot about basketballs and ahem, of course the girls that spark Kai’s interest.

“You’ll talk to her about me? Really?!”

Boy this guy surely looked excited that the way he gleamed was too obvious. Hana nodded in response as they laughed.

Making their way to the nearest food stall.

 

 

“Isn’t that Kai?” Luhan spoke after pulling out the ice Popsicle in his mouth. He elbowed Chanyeol’s side as the latter stuffed a handful of bread in his mouth “Mphff?”

Chanyeol was accompanying Luhan in getting his stuff at the company before the lad departs to China tomorrow hence he was staying at the company to settle everything that matters including his visa and passport.

Luhan jerked his head forward, again, signalling the sight of the two people metres away from them.

“Should we?”

“Should we, what?” Luhan asked when Chanyeol raised his brow, asking for suggestion earlier.

Without the need to answer, Chanyeol had already skipped, following their path. He looked over his shoulder to peer at Luhan “Come on! Let’s trail em!”

Luhan rolled his eyes “Oh Baek won’t like this at al—hey Yeol wait for me! God, that long leg freαk!”

 

Kai choked when someone patted his back harshly while he sipped on an isotonic drink. Furious, he turned his back just to see two of his hyungs grinning. Hana raised her right hand upwards “Yo! I heard you’re leaving?”

Luhan’s brow arched “How’d you know..?”

She gave him a mere shrug “Sehun told me. He looked devastated that day so I kinda approached him”

Luhan nodded. A sad smile was visible on his face. Although he was instructed to go to China as soon as he can, he decided to take things slowly so that he can leave at ease.

“Yo Kai. Whatcha doin?” Chanyeol asked casually. The younger boy was still frowning. As soon as he gulped down the remaining of his water, he opened his mouth, residue of the liquid were spat “I was drinking in peace and joy when someone decided to greet me with a slap”

Blinking innocently, Chanyeol argued “You were slouching, how am I supposed to know that you were actually drinkin—“

“God!” Luhan suddenly pinched his nose “Where did you guys even come from? It’s like you just got thrown into a pool of never-been-washed-socks.”

Hana blew her fringe out from her eyes “Kai decided to game on, deciding the king of basketball and he lo—“

“AND I WON” He shouted, cutting in. Hana blinked to him when Kai made weird faces, trying to send telepathy to her to not say anything.

“Seriously, I won” Kai spoke again.

Hana tilted her head “You did?”

Chanyeol scrunched his face “But Kai, you’re paying” The receipt was obviously in his hand, in between the bottle of isotonic drink he was holding.

“The winner treats. A-ha-ha-ha”

 

When he saw Hana wanted to open , Kai grabbed her hands and dragged her away saying how she smelt so bad and they needed to go home fast.

 

“And,” Luhan straightened his back “..What is the purpose again for us to be here in the first place?

 

Chanyeol wasn’t even blinking. He shrugged “Dunno. I was just curious. Let’s head back home?”

Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose. “Send my regards to Sehun. I’ll be making my way to the company now”

 

 

“Really, Kai?” Baekhyun frowned.

His arms looped together in front of his chest. Motioning all the dissatisfied feelings with his face as he tapped his feet on the ground with no rhythm.

 

Kai rolled his eyes, not knowing what could be the reason Baekhyun suddenly shrieked when he stepped inside the house.

“You’re betraying me now?” If Baekhyun’s face was red just now, it is now turning even a darker shade of red.

“The fu©k?” Hana was already annoyed by the fact Baekhyun won’t budge when she took a step forward, intending not to let her step inside the house.

 

Behind Baekhyun, Suho came into the frame.

Curiosity was plastered all over his face thus he placed one of his hands on Baekhyun’s shoulder “Baek? What’s the commotion—“ He stopped talking when his eyes found their way down to Kai’s and Hana’s hand. Intertwined.

“Uh.” Instead of continuing to talk, Suho tried to make all sort of faces to Kai. He rolled his eyeballs down, used his mouth to pout, and jerked his head to and fro. It was too funny because there was no sound coming out from him yet he kept on moving.

Meanwhile, Hana was just being Hana, she laughed out loud “You look so ugly puahahahahahahahaha”

 

“Get out of here” Baekhyun spat, annoyed by the laughter erupted from her “And release my friend’s hand at once!”

Oh. That was why Baekhyun got so mad.

Hana tilted her head, not even showing any slight of interest of being offended. Even more, she leaned the side of her body against Kai’s arm. Linked their arms together as her head rested on his biceps “You get out, Bacon”

 

If they resemble any kind of animals at the moment, Baekhyun will be the dog and Hana will be the cat. One growled in anger. One smirked in evil. Waiting to scratch each other’s face.

Kris shifted in his spot. He did feel guilty to his brother yet he also felt sorry towards his new confederate.

 

Baekhyun was about to mutter offensive words, trying his best to win the argument with Hana but before he could do anything, Hana was already on the floor. Plopped down, hard.

All eyes verged on her. Kyungsoo gaped from afar while Kai swiftly turned his head just to see a pair of hand stretched out then back retreated to itself bringing them up to "Oops"

 

"Bitc--"

 

"Hana!"

With the sound of her name being called, she looked up. Saw the worried expression of a giant figure named Chanyeol. Apparently Chanyeol came back just in time. "Hana. Hana, you okay?"

"God, you're bleeding!" He shrieked.

True enough, Hana shielded her forehead by bringing her wrist forward, forgetting the fact she wore a bracelet with a pointy star charm at the time when she was suddenly got shoved harshly from the back.

Hana raised a brow, feeling amused that her bracelet is now not exactly safe to be worn as accessories anymore.

 

Baekhyun looked stunned. He didn't expect his girlfriend to suddenly act like that. Minyoung would never do that intentionally.

"M-Minyoung ah.."

The girl brought her hands to cup , feigning shock. Her forehead was filled with lines as she scrunched her face slightly "Oh my, I was just trying to open the door, I didn't mean to do that. Really! I'm so sorry."

Baekhyun smiled. He knew it wasn't intentional. "Yah! That's why I told you not to stand in front of the door"

Kai looked at the distance between the front door and where Hana was standing earlier. It was definitely NOT her mistake for standing there. In fact, Kai was the one who is nearer to the door. He couldn't argue when Minyoung was making a sad face that blinded one person named Byun Baekhyun. Is love always this blind?

Suho was frowning but he too, was silenced. Never did he see this side of Minyoung before.

 

They expected Hana to retort back, or even using violence in return hence Chanyeol held both of her arms in advance, keeping Hana’s stance stable while standing. She didn't even give a spare towards Minyoung but just clucked her tongue.

 

"That is not nice of you as a guest to do that to the owner" Chanyeol hissed. His eyes squinted towards Baekhyun's girlfriend who is now lowering her head by seconds.

"Hey!" Baekhyun frowned, "Minyoung said sorry. She's the rude one."

 

The cut wasn't deep but Chanyeol was worried about her feelings instead. Obviously Hana remained emotionless. Instinctively, Chanyeol slipped his hand through Hana's. Dragging her somewhere else seeking for an aid.

Sehun blinked from afar. Dissapointed as well. To not be able to voice out since he's the youngest one. And curious, why would Hana stay calm. His eyes found Kyungsoo who was folding his arms, shook his head as he walked away.

I guess this is why Kyungsoo didn't like her..

 

Baekhyun eyed Chanyeol's hand from behind that was wrapped tightly onto Hana's hand. He took Minyoung's. He smiled.

"Don't worry about it."

Minyoung smiled back proudly.