18

Between sneakers and heels

“Why are you in my bed?” Sehun rubbed his eyes groggily as he supported himself with his elbow propped on the bed. The sheet crumpled with his weight and another thing- apparently it was someone.

Someone named Baekhyun.

 

Tossing in the bed, the latter ignored the question given. He was too tired staying outside with his girlfriend last night since Minyoung wanted someone to accompany her practising her cheerleading moves.

Sehun stretched and was about to kick Baekhyun away from his bed when Luhan walked inside the room, drying his wet hair using a small towel.

They still hadn’t been able to use another bathroom aside from the ground floor but of course they made sure Hana will be the first to bath.

“Why is Baekhyun on your bed?” Luhan raised a brow. Sehun shrugged.

 

“Guys!” Kai poked his head inside but a weird expression took over his the surprised at first “Why is Baekhyun hyung in here?”

Frustrated, Baekhyun kicked away the blanket, accidentally sending Sehun on the ground as well “Do you really expect me to sleep with the same room with that brat?!”

 

Luhan helped Sehun to get up as he tried to calm down the youngest from smacking Baekhyun in the morning. Kai shrugged and proceed what he was supposed to do from the first place. “You won’t believe what I’m going to say!”

“What is it?” Luhan asked. Kai changed back his facial to a very surprise one “Look who’s in the kitchen!”

 

“Shouldn’t Kyungsoo be there? As usual?” Luhan asked as he slung the towel over his shoulder.

“Yeah,” Kai nodded “I mean look WHO is with him”

 

Kai stumbled when this time, Chanyeol rushed inside the room “Guys!! Kyungsoo ge is teaching Hana to cook breakfast!”

 

Baekhyun suddenly opened his eyes wide, scrambling from the bed frantically. Bumping against Sehun’s shoulder on his way out, the latter almost fell down but lucky for Luhan’s quick wit, his didn’t meet the ground.

“OMGGGG BYUN BAEK!”

 

 

“No!” Kyungsoo hollered but it was too late to stop when Hana cracked the egg shell against the counter, spilling the inside on the frying pan.

His eyes twitched “You don’t just crack them on the spot and cook..”

“Why? Should we bake them then?”

“Bake-“ Kyungsoo bit his trembling lips, he took a deep breath to control his laughter but of course Do Kyungsoo failed “WTF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

 

He cringed when Hana cracked another egg against his forehead. Lucky for him it wasn’t raw, it was a boiled one. Rubbing his crimson forehead, Kyungsoo unknowingly pouted.

Hana eyed him when he took a small clear bowl and spoke “Crack them in here first so that we can see if the egg isn’t spoiled or contain any blood clot” He put it on the counter and then took one of the eggs.

She raised an eyebrow when the boy smiled mischievously “Why are you looking at me like th-“

 

Hana’s jaw dropped “I DIDN’T USE RAW EGG ON YOU!!”

Her arms went around Kyungsoo’s neck before he could get himself away. Kyungsoo laughed as she failed in an attempt to strangle him

 

“Yah!” Baekhyun squeaked. Still wearing his pyjamas, he stomped his way to them. Hands glued to the side of his waist “What do you think you are doing?”

He grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist and pulled him away from Hana’s grasp. The girl rolled her eyes “Can you please not seduce my friend?!”

Kyungsoo was still trying to hide his laughter when the sticky fluid ran over Hana’s forehead to her nose. He felt bad yet it was too funny for him that he didn’t realized how much he enjoyed teasing the newcomer in the house.

He was about to speak when Baekhyun glared at him “We need to talk.”

Kyungsoo nodded. He did offended Baekhyun and yet to coax him.

 

By dragging Kyungsoo with him, both of them went past Chanyeol yet no one greeted him. The boy pouted when his high five didn’t get acknowledge.

“What’s on your head?” He asked when he saw Hana cringing in disgust. “Wait,” Chanyeol tilted his head “You’re in the kitchen”

Swiftly, Chanyeol ‘plucked’ out the tissue from the box and wiped the girl’s nose. The adhesive looking liquid was going to stream down to her lips yet she wasn’t doing anything. He chuckled when she faked a gag. He pulled Hana’s arm near the sink, another hand of his cupped Hana’s chin.

 

“There,” He spoke, looking satisfied and grinning creepily “You’re all clean”

“What am I? A dog?” She scoffed.

Perhaps Chanyeol found the phrase to be funny as he cracked and smacked his own thigh. Hana wasn’t really smirking nor she was smiling but the curve of her lips went slightly upwards.

 

 

“That night..” Hana spoke when he seems to calm down. Barely. “Why did you go after me?”

The sudden thought didn’t bother Hana but she was just curious on when there are twelve, why did the guy named Chanyeol was the one chasing her knowing that he might broke his bones by approaching her.

He shrugged. The silly grin was somehow inconvenience but she let herself getting used to it. Park Hana barely cares, isn’t she?

“Dunno, feels like wanting to help you”

“You? Helping me?” Hana laughed out loud, not caring how wide stretched open “Are you ing kidding- OW!!”

As if the time had stop, Hana stop her motion. Moving, breathing and even blinking. It took her about a minute to collect back her sense though “The hell would you flick my mouth?!”

Chanyeol gasped when Hana grabbed the collar of his neck, although she had to tiptoe a bit to reach his eye level, the firm grip nearly choked him to death “I’ll ing kill you-“

Hana’s jaw dropped when the suffocated boy dare to flick her again but this time, on the back of her neck. And she wouldn’t lie on how his advantageous long fingers flicking skill hurts

“YAHHHH!!!!”

 

 

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms “I’m hurt”

Dramatically, he started throwing his hands all over in the air “I can’t believe it. My own bestfriend,” His index finger poking Kyungsoo’s chest “stabbed under me!”

“-behind me” The latter tried correcting but Baekhyun gave him a glare “Whatever.”

 

He took a deep breath “I thought we are supposed to dislike her.”

“Bakkie,” Kyungsoo sighed “You know I’m not that type of person. Being judgmental isn’t me. Back then, I didn’t know her. You didn’t and neither the boys”

Baekhyun’s pout was so long that Kyungsoo had the urge to measure the length “Try putting ourselves in her shoes. She’s alone here and we are one, we can’t just ignore her.”

“We can” He gritted his teeth “her nuisance value is not a joke”

Kyungsoo then placed his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder “This is not the Baekkie I used to know. Placing hate and resentment on someone else. On a lady.”

“Lady,” Baekhyun repeated “Is she even a girl?”

The latter chuckled, bringing Baekhyun closer to him “Aw come on, be positive. At least be friendly.”

“Psh.” He answered as he rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo patted his shoulder “Now now, I’ll make it up to you. Kimchi spaghetti?”

Unknowingly, Baekhyun his lips. His adam apple bobbing up and down that it was too obvious for Kyungsoo to see. “You haven’t showered yet didn’t you? I’ll be preparing the meal so you,” He spun Baekhyun around to face the bathroom “Go”

 

 

“What…” Luhan tilted his head “happened to your forehead?”

He frowned when the other boy didn’t answer him yet his shoulder showing how tense his mood was, brows knitted together and lips that jutted forward as if he wants to give away a kiss

Kyungsoo stepped in the frame and stopped in his track “Why are you guys in here? Get out. Food will be ready soo-“ He discovered another sulky person as he raised an eyebrow “What are you doing on top of my counter?”

“His counter” Luhan whispered to Sehun which led them to giggling like a pair of high school couple but then both sprinted away as Kyungsoo turned around, giving the death type of glare which the hidden meaning was get-the-hell-out-from-here-or-no-food-for-you

 

“Are you ganging up on Baekhyun with me?” He assumed when Chanyeol pouted. Childish yet the giant do the cutest thing that maknae should do.

Chanyeol flipped his bangs, revealing a dark shade of red mark on his forehead. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He shouldn’t laugh but he tried containing them inside “Who slapped you? That’s… uh quite a bizarre shape to be placed on your forehead.”

 

“Can you” Both of his hand shook Kyungsoo’s shoulders “believe that one can stamp their palm on other people’s skin?” He shut his eyes “I thought a punch would hurt more than a high five.”

Kyungsoo frowned “You’re layering your words too thick I can’t even understand what are you trying to say”

“D.O ah~~~~~” Chanyeol whined “My dignity got stepped on” He continued faking a sob “I never let a girl lay their hands on me- of course Yura noona often kick me but!” He pressed his lips into a thin line “I… I just-“

 

Eyes twitching, Kyungsoo watched the latter wiped his non-existent tears. If he could let out a string of curse, he would. Speaking with histrionic Park Chanyeol made him felt like conversing with an ancient sage.

 

“Baekkie!” He shouted when a silhouette was coming out across the kitchen “Get this kid out of my kitchen.”

His wet hair dripped down to his neck, leaving traces on the back of his shirt as well “Yeol?”

Baekhyun shrieked when Chanyeol lifted his head. He rushed over, looking worried “Who did this to you?! Jonginnie? Sehunnie?!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes again. Two stagy people might drove him crazy but at least Chanyeol had gotten off from the counter.

 

As both of them walked out the kitchen, and between Chanyeol’s feigned hitching his breath, the words ‘Hana’, ‘curse’, ‘flick’, ‘slap’ went through his hearing.

Curiosity built inside him but Kyungsoo chose to ignore as he had to prepare meals for the hungry packs of wolves. He had gotten distracted enough starting from teaching Hana-

He straightened his shoulder. Speaking of Hana..

 

Kyungsoo twisted his neck to the side when he felt a presence “Where did you go?”

“You want some?” Taking out the lollipop from , she shoved the item towards Kyungsoo. The latter jerked his head backwards “I’m too hungry so I went to my room for a while.”

He eyed the rainbow flavoured candy “Lollipop makes you full then?”

“Ha-ha” She wiggled the stick “Just to satisfy my cravings. Try it. It’s a new flavour.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, although he was a bit shock of her being dense. When he shook his head, Hana shrugged and popped them back to and then tucking both her hands on the back of her jeans while flipped her hair to the side.

 

“I’ll just watch you for today. I don’t like cooking.” She smiled when Kyungsoo nodded as an approval. Knowing that she didn’t like any force, he knew she will learn it somehow.

“What are you making now?” She peered over his shoulder.

Kyungsoo grinned “Your future husband’s all-time favourite.”

Faking another gag, Hana turned away “Am not gonna learn it then.”

“Yah” He grabbed Hana’s wrist “Sit. And watch. Learn.”

 

Hana groaned “Bull$hit”

“YAH” This time, Hana was the one startled. Heck, the boy was holding a knife and suddenly raised his tone.

“You scared the $hit out of me!” She hissed.

Kyungsoo shook his head “We’re allowed to hit you if you let out any profanity.”

“Ha,” She crossed her arms “By who?”

“Your brothers.” He wiggled his eyebrows seeing how Hana expressed her pique by stomping her feet continuously. She might not even realise her action.

 

Hana suddenly snapped her fingers “Ah~”

“What?”

“That’s why Chanyeol did that.”

“Did what?”

“He flicked me.” Hana huffed her breath “Suddenly.”

 

While waiting for the pasta to boil, he leaned his back on the counter “Then?”

“Then?” Hana repeated.

“What did you do to him?”

 

A giggle was the only answer Kyungsoo got.

 

"Oh," Hana chuckled "You're still alive"

She grinned as she patted the empty seat beside her, "Yeol, here."

A pout was the only answer she received. Shrugging, Hana searched for another figure and when she spotted a boy ruffling his hair on his way to the dining table, she hollered "Sehu-"

Her words halted when Chanyeol suddenly jumped onto the seat, still crossing his arms but did not bother to spare any glance towards Hana.

 

"Stop it, Chanyeol hyung" Kai rolled his eyes. Hana nodded enthusiastically "Yep, stop it Yeol."

Kai narrowed his eyes "Don't follow me."

Slumping in disappointment, Hana picked up her utensils "Okay..."

 

Sehun stopped Baekhyun from pulling out the chair beside him for the latter to sit. Baekhyun raised a questioning eyebrow as the younger was preventing him to do so. Then he raised both of his brows when Sehun scrutinized him.

"You," He pulled Suho to sit down abruptly so that Baekhyun won't be able to sit. "Don't come near me. I've gone through a disaster because of you"

 

Baekhyun scoffed. His hands started to fly high up in the air ranting on how no one appreciated him and started to put the blame on Hana while the girl casually eating in silence.

"MY KIMCHI!" He yelled. "How can you eat that—"

In between her stuffed cheeks, she answered, "Kyungie cooked."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes "I know but that is min-"

"Yumz~"

"YAHH!!" Baekhyun stomped his feet when Hana wasn’t paying attention to him anymore. Kyungsoo was untying his apron when he looked up just to see Baekhyun on the verge of crying while staring at him "What.."

 

"I'm not going to eat!" Baekhyun said and headed to the living room.

 

"Good?" Kyungsoo asked.

Hana's eyes was twinkling as she accidentally spurted out some of the kimchi's sauce "Yhumhy!"

"Gosh— you.." Chanyeol shook his head and started to wipe Hana's mouth with his own hand and used the tissue to wipe the table "I told you to eat more properly didn’t I?"

 

She barely registered the words and continued eating maaaann she was starving since the moment she opened her eyes. Chanyeol's pasta was half way through his throat when Baekhyun decided to stomp back into the kitchen, ranting again "And no one is going to tell me to come back to eat?!"

His voice was so abrupt that Chanyeol actually choked upon hearing it.

Kyungsoo panicked when Chanyeol frantically moved his hands all around the table. "Water, water!"

Suho blinked when Sehun stared at him "Why are you staring at me?"

"Water-"

"I MEAN REAL WATER HERE PLEASE!" Kyungsoo shouted.

 

Hana lifted her head from slurping the pasta from the plate. Her right eyebrow went up, "I feel like watching variety show."

 

 

"No practice for today?" Hana managed to persuade Kyungsoo to let her do the cleaning since she has yet to be able to learn cooking.

Sehun decided to do the maknae routine. As if he followed the rules well enough.

His hands accidentally brushed against Hana when the girl passed the clean plate that she rinsed. "Uh," Sehun blushed "..No"

Hana gave him a mischievous smile and the latter blinked his eyes twice in every one second "What? Is something wrong?"

 

Without answering Sehun’s question, she sprinkled the excess water droplets on the tip of her fingers in the sink. Sehun did the same.

"Oooohhhhh" Hana cooed excitedly and jumped on her spot as she avoided the water that Sehun tried to sprinkle over to her, leading to her hair flying, sending the scent to Sehun who was currently standing beside her.

The boy stood frozen, eyes wide that he felt like he had just stopped breathing for a second.

 

 

"$hit-" Kai clenched his fist tight when suddenly a weight rested itself on top of his legs, making the guy turned his head sideways just to see someone was stretching her lower limb all over the couch.

Hana smirked when Kai bit his lips as he swallowed nervously "You did not hear that one"

Hana was about to open but closed them back when Kai hissed.

"Wait, what are you doing on top of my legs— get off"

Kai tried wiggling but to no avail. She isn't any petite girl that Kai can fling her away in the air. Hana might be skinny but her bones are as if they were made of steel.

 

Hana was so immersed in sparing her gaze on the television and sometimes frowning, at times she bit her lips.

Kai shook his head and rolled his eyes, coming to a decision to just let Hana put her legs over his.

Eventually, Kris followed her gaze and turned his head to the television in front.

 

"Dαmn it that was supposed to be three points!"

"You like this kind of thing...?" Kai looked back at her in awe.

His head jerked backwards when Hana spontaneously straightened her back as she shoved her index finger to Kai’s plump lips to shut him up "Aw! H€ll yeah that dribble was dope!"

 

"Tch."

Hana twisted her neck to the side where Kai was and smiled as she pulled back her finger. "You like this kind of thing?"

Kai suddenly laughed "You seriously didn't hear me for the first time? I asked you first."

formed a shape of 'o' and grinned. Kai found it amusing that her eyes could suddenly had those type of scintillation of diamond hard light. "No one can beat me"

Kai crossed his arms, his nose goes higher than it was supposed to be "Heh, seems like you haven’t found the prince of the game yet"

Mocking the gesture, Hana’s nose goes even higher "Because I'm the king."

 

"What are the two of you doing?" Suho was munching on the chips when he realized the awkward position since Hana hasn't budge her stretched legs from on top of Kai’s legs.

Hana stood up and brushed the imaginary dust on her shoulders, her right hand extended forward "Wanna game?"

Gladly, Kai took it and stood up as well "Game," He smirked "On."

 

 

Mumbling on how he was ignored, Suho smiled upon seeing another member of the group who resembled a statue in the middle of the way in the living room, eyes on where the television is placed "Why are you just standing here?”

 

The person walked away.

 

"OH SEHUN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?!"