21

Between sneakers and heels

Shaking her legs vigorously as she bit on her nails made her the centre of attention again.

“Hana?”

“What?” Hana replied, too fast to be taken as a response to someone calling out her name “I mean—“ Her eyeballs roamed around the café “What?”

Ren crossed his legs and leaned backwards. The person he knew for years are giving out weird vibe and to be honest, it’s the first for the latter to behave like that.

“Why aren’t you working?” Hana asked. She was resting her elbow on her knee, not intending to take out her finger from clipping the nails with her teeth.

He squinted. Something is definitely wrong.

 

“C’mon, spill.”
“No”

Again, with the abrupt respond.

 

“Hana”

“No”

 

Ren let out a loud scoff “I’m going to tell V about thi—“

“NO $HIT”

He jumped on his seat and folded his arm when Hana grabbed his arm that was on the table, gripping on it tightly. His eyes bulging out from the residue of the shock “God dαmn it you scared the sh!t out of me!”

“Do it,” She narrowed her eyes towards the boy who was flipping his side fringe “And I’ll shove the tray inside your a$s”

He cringed “Ewwwwww you’re disgusting!!”

 

Hana laughed. At least now she can laugh. Three days ago, she felt herself in perplexed.

She didn’t care. Heck, she wasn’t supposed to care.

That is Park Hana.

 

“Pfft, I’m kidding” She released his arm.

 

But when the memory of her lips’ ity was taken away by a d0uche, she couldn’t keep him out of her head. Her heart throbbed. It felt as if someone poked her. Hard.

Her initiation of a prank led to a mistake when she lost her balance as Baekhyun turned his head sideways. It wasn’t even a light brush of their lips when they fell on the ground but their lips pressed on each other! Both eyes grew big at the horrible moment.

If Minyoung didn’t scream out loud, they both might freeze on the floor, not knowing what to do. The girl had pried Hana away from on her boyfriend as she kept on rambling words that both of them couldn’t register. Their mind went absolutely blank.

She tried to avoid being present in the house by hanging around at the café where her friends work. It wasn’t approved by V of course.

He didn’t want Hana’s father to be mad at her. In fact, he’s taking cautious action so that they won’t part from her. He promised that they’ll meet occasionally. But when Hana spent her time and even rented the whole café just to chill with her friends made V worried about their future. He was afraid if they won’t be able to meet Hana again.

 

“Shove against what?”

Hana looked over his shoulder and saw Sungjae holding a tray of cookies. Her favourite chocolate cookies. Beside him, was V whose arms were folded together and his brows stitched together.

“V warned you not to use vulgar words.” Sungjae shook his head.

“You stepped on your luck” Ren nodded his head.

Hana was about to retort when V silenced her.

 

“Out.”

 

Get out and get back to the mansion and faced the kiss thief? Not. Ever.

 

“I’m sorry” She pouted.

The boys looked at each other, head turning sideways. Ren was the first to place his right palm on Hana’s forehead “Are you sick?!”

She huffed and slouched even more “I’m sorry. I won’t do that again. Don’t tell me to go”

V was tempted to smile and gave the girl the warmest hug he can give but froze on his spot when he saw there were men outside the café, pretending to be customers while wearing all black suits.

He knew Sungjae wanted to approach Hana, slinging his arm around her shoulder as usual.

Instinctively, V grabbed Sungjae’s arm and shook his head lightly. The latter’s shoulder slumped down.

Sungjae meekly gave V a nod and he turned his head to give the brightest smile to Hana "Hey! Once in two weeks, remember?"

Hana sighed heavily. I don't want to go

 

"Two more weeks.." Hana lifted her head once again when V opened his mouth. The corner of his lips curved upwards "We'll go and grab the ice cream cafe that you've been dying to go."

"We will?!" Her eyes sparkled. Oh how she loves chocolate and ice cream more than anything else.

He held one of his fingers up, tilting his head "In two more weeks. You break em, you lose em"

In an instant, she nodded her head and clasped her hands together. "I won't!"

Cute.

 

"Aigoo" Sungjae ruffled her head and jerked his head towards the door "Now go, skip your way out."

Hana punched her fist in the air and hugged Ren who was the nearest to her. Literally choking the boy nearly to death. As she pulled her arms away from Ren's neck, the latter let out his breath out loud. He was taking in as much oxygen he can and before he can speak, the perpetrator had already vanished through the entrance door.

 

"HANA!!!”

 

 

"What are you doing out here?"

Hana spun her heels around just to see Suho, basically drenched in sweat. A towel wrapped around his neck while he held a sport bag over his shoulder. Probably contain his training shoes or a flipper.

She blinked and scratched her head. Knowing that Baekhyun is inside, she didn't want to make it awkward and faced him alone.

Her heart hurts, she didn't know why.

 

"Hyung! Kai told me that he'll be late--" Chanyeol stopped talking when Hana popped out from the back of Suho's figure.

He swallowed. Chanyeol was about to navigate himself away from the spot but stopped as soon as Hana spoke.

"I waited for you"

 

Suho raised one of his brows. Letting his eyes shifted back and forth to the two people in front of him. Chanyeol was already staring back and Hana just stood there, blinking.

"O...kay." Suho rubbed the back of his neck and walked away, feeling unwanted in the situation.

 

Chanyeol looked away when he realized Hana was staring straight to his eyes. As if they're piercing his heart that they beat so fast he doubt it'll calm any sooner.

"Sorry" He said it first. "That day, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay" She cut in. Hana gave him a smile that Chanyeol couldn't resist but to return it.

His smile lifted even more when Hana held her hands out. Giving out signals that he should take them.

He was hesitated to do so.

Hana seemed to notice so she pushed her hand forward even more "Want some hot chocolate?"

Like a child being bribed with sweet, he grinned and laced his hands with hers. A tingling sensation rose inside as he brushed against her soft skin.

To his surprise, he was the one who pulled her closer and led the way to the house. To the kitchen.

 

 

He was sitting but he looked restless that Hana can almost detect what was on his mind. He was savouring the taste of the hot chocolate.

Chanyeol made a mental note to ask for the recipe later.

"So—" He started to speak.

"What do you want to ask?"

"I have a question?" He blinked on Hana's respond.

"You do, Channie."

 

He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. Her swollen cheek days ago left a memory inside his mind. "I was wondering… Why didn't you fight back?"

Hana wiped the stain on the corner of her lips using the end of her sleeve. She looked calm somehow, "To whom?"

"Well—" He dragged his words and looked around if anybody else exists in the room. Better to be safe than to be strangled anytime soon.

He leaned in and whispered as slow as he can which obviously he failed due to his deep voice "Minyoung"

 

Hana leaned in as well. Giggling with the act of Chanyeol while on the other side, his eyes grew wide when her nose was inches away from his sharp nose. "I don't fight with the weak ones"

 

She winked.

Chanyeol's heart droppped.