05

Between sneakers and heels

“So, anything I should be cautious of?” He voiced out.

Baekhyun whirled his head towards the person beside him who raised a questioning brow upon the question he threw. He scratched his head awkwardly “You know, boyfriends…” He then raised his brows as well “or girlfriends?”

Hana rolled her eyes mentally and continued to walk, leaving the guy stood still behind. “I’m straight, idiot.”

 

Baekhyun flushed red.

“I’m not an idiot.” He jogged forward, almost bumping to Hana’s back “Whoa- what?”

Baekhyun swear he saw Hana smirked “What about you?”

“What about me?” He analysed the girl’s face “Oh yes, I do have a-“

“Boyfriend as well? Ah alright then. I’ll keep that in mind.” She tapped her temples and walked away leaving Baekhyun staring at her, dumbfounded.

“I’M STRAIGHT!”

 

 

“How was the garden?” Mr Byun flashed a smile which Hana replied with a wide grin “Cool! Your son probably wanted to look at the interior design more which was why I come in first.”

Hana took a seat beside her mother who was glaring at her silently. Knowing too well that Hana must’ve left the poor guy with her spiteful marks.

 

She didn’t spare any glance when Baekhyun approached the table, sitting across her seat. Crease formed on his forehead. Hana knew she wouldn’t like him because by judging the way the boy looked at her and even had the guts to ask if she was in a relation with the same gender as her- for Hana, this boy is just the same as the judgemental public. He was being surmise. But Hana decided not to care too much.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but to drill an imaginary enormous hole at the blonde girl’s hair. How could a girl acted like this on the first meeting? Not being girly at all and even trying to say he’s a gay?! Baekhyun never met a girl that wasn’t trying to impress him nor tried to be polite around him. She looked wild somehow. She’s too airy. He doesn’t like her.

 

 

“I got an early practice tomorrow. Drop me back at the dorm.” Baekhyun spoke monotonously and kept his eyes on the car’s window.

He felt a soft hand landed on his knee. A stern yet apologetic tone greeted his ears. “Baek-“

“Mom please,” He pushed his mother’s hand politely, “I followed the orders. I’ll get married to her. You can’t blackmail me on my dream anymore.”

“Meet Mr Lee tomorrow.” Was the only thing that Mr Byun said before nodding to the chauffeur, giving him signals to obey Baekhyun’s demand.

 

 

“I’ll be back before 12, I promise.” Hana created friction between her palms as both of her parents exchanged wary glances.

She jumped up and down on her spot “Aw come on! I won’t be long!” She whined and even forced herself to pout “Pleaseeeee?”

Mrs Park massaged Mr Park’s biceps “She won’t run away from the deal. You know how our Hana is.”

Hana dashed to the other side of the road as soon as her father nodded in approval. Shouting while running, Hana flailed her arms up high “Yeahaaaa I’ll be back soon!”

Mr Park shook his head while Mrs Park gawked “That little..”

 

She skidded to a stop where the smile on her face immediately faded. Fishing her phone out from her jeans, Hana sighed and leaned her back on the wall.

“Hello?”

Meekly, she smiled “Hey, can you guys fetch me in front of uh-“ Her eyes caught the sight of the board nearby, “Mike’s steak house? Yeah. I’ll be waiting.”

The person at the other side of the line seems to yawn loudly as soon as she finished her words. “If you’re late I’m going to fu©king chop your head later.”

She laughed when the latter choked in between of his words “Kidding. But V, I mean it, be fast.”

 

-

 

“What the h€ll are you doing outside in this freaking late night?”

Hana looked up and smiled brightly “My saviour V~~”

V pulled her up as she squatted on the ground waiting. “Hana, I’m serious. Why are you here anyway?”

Shrugging, Hana jumped on V’s back “Dunno but I’m hungry”

“Whoa wait- ow get off me you brat!” V stumbled forward but Hana just buried her face on the crook of V’s neck “I said I don’t know.”

The latter softened. Hana wasn’t someone who would talk out easily about her inner feelings. She would never lie but the words that she spouted were coated with fake confidence. She might look carefree on the outside but no one knows that she secretly built a barrier in her heart.

Balancing himself so that he won’t fell flat on his face, V started to support Hana’s knee pit with his hands despite the ache on his back because of his massive first day of working.

Thankfully the walk to the boys’ house wasn’t that far which was why V didn’t even mind on carrying the girl on his back

“Hey,” Hana whispered, “You stink.”

“Shut up.”

 

 

 

“You scared me!” Suho clutched on his chest when he saw a shadow creeping behind them.

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head, “Hehehe hello guys.”

The boys were watching a movie when Baekhyun crept in without producing any noise. Some sprawled on the mat and some shared space on the couch that was available.

Luhan slid down the couch and landed on top of Sehun. The latter grunted in pain as Luhan patted the empty space “So?”

 

Baekhyun rolled up his sleeve and slumped down on the couch. Frowning and sighing at the same time.

“Are you relieved or regretting?” Kai spoke when Baekhyun kept himself silenced. He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling “You guys won’t even form any liking on her. Like,” Straightening his neck, he narrowed his eyes at six lads around him, “Never.”

Chanyeol leaned in “Describe her. Physically.”

Baekhyun chewed the inside of his lips “Hmm. Not that short, I think she’s about Kyungsoo’s height.”

“Meh, I don’t like tall girls,” Kyungsoo frowned, “Are you mocking me?”

Ignoring the younger, Baekhyun tapped his chin “Normal. I don’t know. She’s just normal for me. She’s in no way compare to Minyoung.”

 

Chanyeol snapped his finger “Ah! Don’t you say she’s one of the famous businessman’s daughter?” Chanyeol wiggled his cell phone in front of them as he grinned “What’s her name again?”

“Hey that’s my phone.” Kyungsoo squinted.

Kai shook his head “There isn’t just one Park Hana in this world you dumbαss.”

“But that’s my phone.”

Chanyeol pouted “I’m not done with my words you freak,” He turned his attention to the man of the spotlight “Baek, which school did she goes to?”

“Yeol, my pho-“

“Wait, a high schooler?!” Sehun sat up abruptly and Luhan fell on the ground with a loud thud. “Does that matter? Some of us are still in high school though.” Kai shrugged and pointed to Baekhyun, “Hyung is still in school too.”

“Can I get my phon-“

“Will all of you shut up?” Suho face-palmed. Clearly annoyed by the unimportant discussions.

 

“Uh..” Baekhyun laughed nervously “I’m not sure. I didn’t even ask and she didn’t even tell. I just know her name, that’s all.”

Luhan raised a brow “Wow Baek.”

He threw himself back at the couch “I’m not interested alright”

Suho poked Baekhyun’s knee “Hey, Mr Soo Man wants to meet you tomorrow. Early morning.”

“Yeah. Dad told me about it.”

“But why would he want to meet you?”

 

Stretching his arms, Baekhyun scoffed “My dad and our boss are childhood friends, remember?”

“Yeah but still, why? He told us that it’ll affect us as well.” Suho frowned.

“Huh?” Baekhyun frowned as well, “He did?”

 

“SCOOOOREEEE!” Sehun pumped his fist in the air out of the blue and gained attention from everyone. He lowered his hand and continued staring at the television screen where a basketball match was playing.