Wonderful

It's you~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[L.Joe's POV]

When we came home, we handed everyone their ice cream. Chunji Hyung was the first to notice that ~~~~~ and I are together. Slyly, he pulled my shirt to whisper into my ear, “I see you two are together, eh?” I Chunji and pulled back. All Chunji Hyung could do was smirk and begin eating his ice cream.

“~~~~~, where is it?” I mumbled, touching her arm.

“It’s in our room; we’ll watch it in there if that’s any comfortable,” she smiled timidly as she tugged on my shirt to follow her. Behind me I heard whispers; Chunji Hyung was telling everyone that we’re together now. I can feel there stares as we entered my room. I covered my hand with my face as I was pulled by ~~~~~ to our room. ‘They’re going to misunderstand.’ I looked back only to see that they were betting money on us. ‘Do they really think that’ll happen?! We aren’t married...’ You blushed ten times redder. I closed the door behind me as ~~~~~ was digging through her drawers to find her video camera, as Bada was trying to crawl on her lap. While doing so, she grabbed a large white box and came over to me. She opened the box and there was the sapphire scarf, untouched.

“L.Joe Oppa, I know its summer but try it on. I want to see how it looks on you!” She carefully picked up the strip of ocean and placed it around my neck. It felt warm and her scent was strongly mixed in between the cobalt yarn. Her hands were still holding onto the scarf as she stares at me arm’s length.

“L.Joe Oppa, you look spiffy.” ~~~~~ giggled as she wrinkles her nose and sticks out her tongue.

“I’ve done a wonderful job,” she continued; praising herself. I smiled at her as I encircled my arms around her waist to close the gap between us.

“Thanks, ~~~~~,” I mumbled while burying my face on her stomach. She giggled, “Oppa that tickles!” I let go willingly as ~~~~~ sat beside me to show me my ‘late’ birthday video from my family. She hits play, “Byunghun-ah, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other, eh?” My eyes widened as I saw my Appa in bed with a thin tube above his lips. He looked tired, worn out, but still vigorous enough to talk in front of the camera.

“Byunghun-ah, you know you’re my important son. I hope you can understand and face the fact that I won’t be here much longer. I’ve been sick for a while. Appa regrets not coming to your concerts or calling you often. Stay strong, eh? You have a lovely girl here to support...” He breathed out slowly.

“Ah, Appa; we aren’t like that.” I heard ~~~~~’s voice in the background. I smiled slightly as tears were welling in my eyes. Appa chuckles, “I’m sure you two are very close though, eh?” The camera began to move; ~~~~~ nodded.

“Ahjusshi, you shouldn’t frighten L.Joe Oppa with your words. You are still strong enough to overcome this sickness!” ~~~~~ voice croaked.

“Omo, dear. She’s crying.” I heard my Umma say as I see her walking towards the camera with a tissue.

“I’ve heard on the news a few years back that your Umma had died of a terrible incident.” I heard Appa say sympathetically.

“Yes,” I heard ~~~~~ whisper shakily. I looked over at ~~~~~ to see her in tears with me; she placed her head in the crook of my neck. We fit snuggly like a puzzle as we watch the video. ~~~~~ had to go to the bathroom, so Appa had the camera all to himself.

“Byunghun-ah, you’re friend here may not know, but I’m positive she likes you. You like her too, eh? I’m sure you do. She’s a sweet, strong girl.” My Appa nodded all-knowingly.

“I guess the letter I sent on your Cyworld should be retyped. She’s my future daughter-in-law!” He laughed whole-heartedly.

“Unfortunately, I won’t be able to see m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter