Aftermath

A Werewolf's Heart

Continuing on from the last chapter, I think this will be a short chapter too..

Hmmm

ENJOY CHAP 19!


Narrator POV

It's been a few days since the sudden confrontation between Mina and EXO.

And so let the avoiding begin.

Even though Mina still sat inbetween EXO during study period, she found a wormhole out of it which was pretending to be busy with her work and plugging in earphones. The reason EXO didn't take out her earphones was that they were afraid she was still mad at them. Mina had stopped eating her lunch with them, then again when did she ever eat lunch with them with her consent?

It was tough for EXO. They were really missing their mate and it didn't really help that Mina didn't know much more about imprinting or how this situation affected them alot.

It was killing them that they couldn't spend much time with you as they did before.

You weren't doing well either, you were missing them. Alot. You felt empty. But your brain decided that they deserved this but your heart thinks that you should forgive them. You didn't know who to listen to. On top of that you caught a cold but you went to school anyway despite of your dongsaeng's persistent pestering, guess you should've taken his advice because ever since you stepped foot in school you had been feeling alot worse than before.

It was currently lunch when "Noona, you should just go home" Zelo said as he handed you a bottle of water and his coat. "No. I don't want to miss school because there's alway something I'm going to miss and then I'll have to catch up and everything" you told him.

"Mina just go home, I'm in every one of your classes so I'll take notes on your behalf. Besides, I'm a best friend and what are best friends for eh?" IU said.

"Fine" you finally agreed as they took you to the nurse's office to get another permission slip. Thankfully, the nurse was there, for once.

"Ah, Mina-ssi! What brings you here?" the nurse, also known as Miss Jeon, asked.

"Unnie, Mina hasn't been feeling well since we got back" IU explained.

Miss Jeon put her hand against your forehead but quickly drew it back "OMO Mina! You're seriously burning up. Go home and rest" she said as she handed you a slip.

Once you got out of the nurse's office, the bell rang and Zelo and IU quickly apologised.

"What are you apologising for?" you asked them.

"You have to go home by yourself" IU answered.

"Sorry noona but we really can't leave" Zelo said as he kissed the top of your forehead then they both bid you goodbye.

You scoffed to yourself They can't leave school but when I hurt my back EXO was aloud to leave you thought.

You went out the school gates after giving reception your slip.

You sighed to yourself as you slipped on your earphones and walked back home.

 

 

"Hyung, isn't that noona?" Kai asked to Kris as he pointed to your figure walking further and further away from their view.

"Oh you're right" Kris answered. "I wonder where she's going"

"Let's go follow her!" Lay suggested.

"Like the school will let us" Luhan tched.

"We'll never know unless we try do we?" Lay said as he grabbed his back and headed to the rooftop door.

EXO reached the nurse's office to put their plan in action, pretending to be ill.

"Ah, EXO what happened this time?" Miss Jeon asked.

"Noona, some of us are sick" Suho said. Miss Jeon gave them a look. "SOME of us are ill" Suho repeated.

"OH!" Chen said as he started to cough, exaggerating abit. Chanyeol followed suit and so did Baekhyun who nudged Chen to take it down a notch.

"First Mina's sick and now you three. Don't worry, I won't tell you guys are faking" Miss Jeon said as she handed them a slip.

"Kamsahamnida!" they thanked and walked out the door.

Finally a chance to be alone with Mina they all thought as they headed to the main entrance to give them the slip.

 

 

You went to the store to get ice cream first. You reached your house that you and Zelo live in, did I forget to mention that you didn't live with your parents? More on that later.

You opened the front door and went upstairs to your room to throw on shorts and a shirt. You grabbed a blanket, went downstairs, took the tub of ice cream, sat on the couch, wrapped the blanket around you, the TV then watched back-to-back episodes of Running Man. You fell asleep not soon afterwards.

A few hours later, the door opened and Zelo came in. He saw your figure on the couch and turned off the TV and put away the tub of ice cream before picking up your body and carrying you to your room. Your temperature was scorching hot so he immediately grabbed a hot towel and put it over your forehead.

The doorbell rang and Zelo went to open it, his expression turned sour.

"What do you want hyungs?" he asked coldly.

"Is Mina in?" D.O asked.

"Noona's sick and resting right now" Zelo answered. "I doubt she wants to see you after what happened a few days ago."

"Can we see her?" Kris asked.

Zelo sighed and opened the door more widely. "I hate seeing noona in this state so I trust you guys not to hurt her again."

"Thank you Zelo!" EXO thanked as they went inside and rushed up to your room.

When EXO reached your room, their hearts tightened at your weak state. Lay rushed over to check your temperature and was glad to feel it cool down. He took the wet towel off your forehead to change it.

"I'll go cook her some soup" D.O announced. EXO nodded as they gathered around your bed.

"Guys, give her some space" Suho demanded as the others obeyed.

D.O came back a few minutes later with hot soup. Seconds after, Lay came back with a hot towel.

"That was fast" Luhan commented.

"It's not my first time" D.O replied. "So... How exactly are we going to feed Mina?"

"Wake her up obviously" Tao said in a 'duh' tone. Kris slapped the back of his head. Lay put the towel back on your head.

"I know that but hasn't it occured to you that Mina is mad at us?"

"Is she?" Tao asked and recieved another hit on the back of his head, this time by Xiumin. "Ow gege! Why d'you have to hit so hard?"

You stirred on your bed and EXO stiffened but you didn't wake up and they released a breath of relief.

"I'll feed her, for the time being you can hang out downstairs" Zelo offered as he took the soup from D.O's hold.

Zelo waited for EXO to leave you room before waking you up.

"Noona, wake up. I've got soup" Zeo said as he shook you awake, he took off the towel and set it down on a bowl. You sat up as Zelo fed you soup.

"This is so delicious!" you commented. "Did you make this?"

"I ordered in" "As expected, next time I should teach you just in case I'm not here"

You went back under the covers as Zelo left the room. "Sleep well" he told and closed your door.

 

 

That night you couldn't sleep at all and kept turning left and right. You got out of bed and went to the balcony doors. You looked out and opened the door and steppped out onto the chilly night. You leaned against the railing and let out a sigh. I wonder how EXO's doing you thought and let out another sigh. You sneezed, still feeling a bit ill.

You felt a blanket drape over your body and saw a hand holding out a cup of green tea. You took it and thanked the person.

"Feeling better?" the person asked and you let out a soft sigh, knowing who the voice belongs too.

"What are you doing here Lay?" you asked as you took a sip of the refreshing beverage.

"We were worried so we came" he answered.

"We? Don't tell me the others came too" you said, he chuckled.

"What can I say? We Are One after all" he replied. You took a whole chug out of the tea which really calmed your nerves and burnt your mouth aswell. You handed Lay back the cup and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" he asked as he followed you out.

You ignored Lay and headed downstairs to see EXO passed out on the floor and sofas.

"Wake them up" you told Lay as you took the mugs from him and went to the kitchen to wash them. When you came back, they were all half-asleep but when they saw you all their senses fully woke up.

"Why are you guys here?" you asked them.

"We saw you walking out of school and we were worried" you scoffed at their answer. "Is that another lie?"

"NO! We are genuinely worried about you"

"Then tell me why you had to hide the fact that you were my childhood friends and that you already knew about my amnesia and the fact you guys have been keeping in contact with my dongsaeng all these years"

"We had to leave when we were younger because that was when we were turning into werewolves. The thought of leaving you behind had affected us alot so we kept in contact with Zelo. When we heard that you got into an accident, which caused your amnesia, we wanted to come back so badly it hurt us that you were suffering and we weren't there to help. We knew you had amnesia but we didn't know that we were the ones you forgotten so we just left it and anyway, we were still developing into werewolves so going back was risky. The only way we could keep in contact was through Zelo" they explained.

You softened halfway through I can't hold a grudge against these guys you thought. You sighed and then opened your arms out, inviting them in for a hug. Their eyes twinkled as they all rushed towards you giving a massive group hug with you in the middle.

Glad they're okay Zelo thought, he was standing by the hallway, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed admiring the scene before him. He quickly left and went back to bed.

"Just don't lie to me anymore, okay?" you told them and they all nodded. You broke the group hug and went upstairs to your room, you were about to close the door when you saw EXO was standing there preventing you from doing so.

"Do you guys want to sleep in my room?" you asked them unsurely. They all nodded as you just left the door open, gesturing them to come in whilst you just went to your bed and quickly dozed off.

We Are One again each EXO member thought then dozed off sleeping on their already laid out sleeping bags.


So basically, EXO already knew Mina had amnesia but what they didn't know was that Mina forgot them.

I did a good job, neh?

Bye bye~


I love you all but I'm going to shout out to stephani_bap and momothedumpling because they've been commenting ever since and I just wanna say that ILY <3

Don't worry, I love all my other commenters too but it's just that these too have stuck with the story from the very beginning.

I love all my silent readers too ;)

[GIFs not mine]


WHO'S EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN?! COZ I'M NOT... LOL