Graduation

This is not a story
I walked into my house sloppily. It was a horrid day at school and I was lucky tomorrow was my graduation. I couldn’t stand being in that school for any longer. I was about to run up to my bedroom until the schedule on my closet wall caught my eyes. “Thursday June 13, prepare with Ashley unnie” I slapped myself in the face before getting out the phone my parents gifted me with in advance of my graduation. I searched through my contacts before my eyes landed on her silly name. “Ashley-umma ^u^” Immediately pressing the green symbol of a phone on the screen, my eyes widened in horror. She wasn’t picking up. We had spent weeks planning this day out and she was probably on her bed, sleeping.
 
I’ve known her for two years and in those years I had gotten to know my friend very well. Just like me, she loved to eat. And just like I was about to do moments ago, she loved to sleep. I grabbed my shoes deciding that I’d go over to her house and disturb her. Not like she’d mind, right? I was also too lazy to walk up to my room and change into proper clothing. “She’s seen me like this before, no biggie.” I said to myself as I looked down at my outfit. Black shorts, a grey crewneck, and my hair was tied into a bun that seemed like it would fall out any second. Slipping on my old worn-out vans, I dashed out the door, walking to her house. It was after all only a few houses down from mine.
 
I sang No Mercy by B.A.P as I walked onto her porch. It was an old two story house that was pretty stable. The plants outside complimented the beige paint on the walls. I knocked on the door, deciding on not wasting time. The door opened and assuming it was Ashley, I blurted out, “Yah! Unnie how could you forget today? I bet you were lazing around huh? We need to… n-need to…” I looked up and my eyes met with frightening nearly black ones. I immediately shut up. I was never warm around strangers. Emotions of confusion, nervousness, and panic always ran through me, just like now.
 
“Ah, Jinah~ I fell asleep, sorry. Oh. OH SNAP THAT’S RIGHT YOU GET PANICIE HUH?” Her words were drowned out as I stared at the man in front of me. He was handsome, I have to admit. But the way he eyed me up and down kind of scared me. Someone grasped my wrist and pulled me into the house, shutting the door behind. My mind was foggy but the moment Ashley brought me inside of her room I was completely fine. “Hey my cousin is coming to the thingy tomorrow, if you don’t mind.” I shook my head. “Why would I mind? Oh, and whose that dude that answered the door?” She giggled and smacked my head. “He’s my cousin, silly” I nodded. “Okay, so what do we need to do?” I asked and leaned back into her bed. “The dresses, they’re in the basement all clean and tidy. Can you get them?” I nodded, putting my hands in my pocket. I got up and just as I was about to go out the door I heard her voice.
 
“And don’t get them dirty or anything! I spent time on that !” I held up two fingers and kept walking. I put my arm down as I entered the hallway. I looked at the picture frames as I passed by them. They were all of me and her, occasionally some family members were there but they were mostly of us. I kept walking and accidentally bumped into her cousin. I muttered ‘aish’ under my breath and just kept walking. “Yah” I turned around and glared at the guy. I leaned my head to the side and nudged my chin up, signaling for him to talk. “Aren’t you going to apologize?” He asked and I scoffed. I turned back around and kept walking towards the laundry room, aka the basement. I grabbed the Ashley’s dress and the one she picked out for me. Although I don’t like dresses, I have to admit, this one is kinda good looking.
 
I waked up the stairs and Ashley’s cousin was glaring down at me. I scoffed and kept walking to Ashley’s room. I closed the door and sighed. “Hm? Whats wrong dongsaeng?” She asked and sorted the makeup. “You’re cousin holds a grudge huh? He’s glaring at me because I didn’t apologize for bumping into him.” She looked at me and laughed. “He talked to you?” I nodded and crossed my arms. “He rarely talks, you must have pissed him off, I guess” I rolled my eyes and looked at the make up on her dresser. “Isn’t that too much?” She scoffed and hit my forehead. “Well not for you, since you’re a natural beauty” She said and glared at me. I rolled my eyes and lied on her bed. “Ah, I can do Park Bom makeup!” My eyes widened and I shook my head. “NO! I don’t want to overdo it. Besides, it’s just a graduation.”
 
Ashley came over to me and smacked my head. “PARK DANNI! Graduation only happens once in a lifetime!” I rolled my eyes again. “I never even attended that school, I hate it. Why would I want to spend any more time there? It’s a waste to go to the ceremony.” I said and put my arms behind my head. “But it’s a ceremony of showing 12 hard years of work! Our parents will attend and- oops” Her eyes widened at what she just said. I quickly sat up and emotionlessly walked to the door of her room. “I’m leaving Ashley” I said and walked out. “JEONGMAL MIANHAE! Will you go to the ceremony though?!” I didn’t bother turning around or answering her. I just kept on walking out.
 
I walked down her steps and suddenly fell over a figure sitting at the bottom of the steps. “Aish!” I groaned as I looked at my hand. A shard of glass that was on the floor was lodged in the palm of my hand. I looked up and saw Ashley’s cousin looking at me with wide eyes. “A-are you okay?!” I scoffed. “Why would you care?” I said and got up. I began to walk down the street and he suddenly grabbed my shoulder. I froze. I grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back. “Do you want to die?” I said and he managed to get out of my grip and push me away. “I just wanted to help. Now, if you don’t want my help, fine.” He stepped back and pointed at my hand. “But have fun cleaning that up” I looked down and the blood was literally dripping onto the floor. I gulped and looked at him. “Can you help me then?” His face softened and he nodded. “Ashley doesn’t have a first aid kit, so let’s go to the store.” I looked at him weirdly and nodded. “Sure” “Hold on” He said and took off his shirt. My eyes widened but when I saw his undershirt I calmed down.
 
He tore some of his shirt and wrapped it around my hand to stop the bleeding. I gulped and looked away from him. “You know, you don’t need to do that” He shook his head. “Don’t want it to get infected” I stood there awkwardly as he grabbed my hand and led me to the nearest convenience store… which was not-so-conveniently twenty minutes away. During the walk to the store, I found out his name was Kim Myungsoo and apparently he was in an idol group. I scoffed and thought he was lying. Since I didn’t believe him, he stopped trying to persuade me. He said it was no use.  While he went in the store I decided to google his name. A lot of videos popped up and I clicked on one called “Be mine dance practice” It began with seven people standing together. Then they all began to dance and they were so on point.
 
I looked down at the comments and saw so many about a guy named L. “Ah, L oppa is so cool! Kim Myungsoo daebak~!”I read aloud and I heard someone laugh next to me. I looked up and saw Myungsoo; he had a smirk on his face. “What?”