The summer that changed me

This is not a story
“BUT UMMA I DON’T WANT TO!”
 
“Honey she’s going and its final.”
“BUT MOM SHES GONNA BE A BOTHER!”
 
Today was the beginning of summer, also known as the day my life changes. I heard my mother and brother arguing about something downstairs and it was about me so I decided to go investigate. “What are you two arguing about?” My mom smiled and my brother rolled his eyes. “You’re going to spend the summer with your brother and his friends! Go pack, baby!” My eyes widened and I screamed. “NO! PLEASE NO!” My mother grabbed me by my forearm and pulled me up. She dragged me next to my brother and I scooted away as far as possible.
 
“You see? You guys need some bonding time! You’re going and it is final. Go pack and don’t say another word or god so help me I will smack you both down!” I groaned and walked to the base of the stairs. Before I actually went up though, I looked at her and glared at her. “I know why you’re doing this. It’s because you’re going to spend the summer with your new boyfriend, huh mom?” The coldness in my voice smacked her hard.
I ignored the glare Jongup gave me and ran up the stairs. I slammed my door shut and packed the stuff I needed for the trip. I packed two swim suits, shorts, pants, tank tops, and most importantly; sweaters. Yeah it was summer but I needed to hide my body. Why? Because, most of the people in the school saw me as a nerd and an ugly person. The only reason they saw me like that was because I hid myself behind big black glasses and I read books a lot. It was great actually. I never wanted to get noticed because it was annoying and I hated attention. I also had fairly big s so I hid them with the help of an elastic wrap and a sweater. Like sulli did in the drama “To the beautiful You”
 
My brother on the other hand, Jongup, was one of the most popular kids in school. But he never saw me as his equal. He always thought he was better than me and it hurt me but I pushed that feeling aside because I hate him. When people bothered me, he never EVER stood up for me. I never talked to him. The only words we’d speak were “Dinners ready.” and that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.
 
I slipped on a Nirvana hoodie I got from the states- they’re my favorite band- and some shorts and walked down the stairs with my luggage ready. “Goodbye kids!” My mom sent us off in a hurry. Her boyfriend probably doesn’t even know she has kids. I just dragged my luggage into the back of Jongup’s car and put it in the trunk. I sat in the back seat because I couldn’t stand sitting next to him at all. I put on my headphones and blasted “Nillili mambo” By Block B and closed my eyes.
 
The ride was two hours long and we didn’t speak a word or else it would end in an argument. When the car came to a halt I nearly fell out of my seat and I heard Jongup laugh. I ignored him and got out. “I’ll show you to your room. You are to not come out for any reason unless I allow you to.” I laughed. “What are you? My father?” He glared at me and gave me my luggage. “Just listen to me. I don’t want you to bother us.” I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.” He led me inside to where we heard laughter. But it ceased when everyone saw me.
 
“Aw man why’d you bring her?” Ah yes, the first thing Mr. Yoo Youngjae says when he sees me. “Stupid babysitting duties, but it’s alright ‘cause she’s not coming out for anything.” I just stood there silently, with my head lowered. “Alright man, where’s her room?” Jongup asked Himchan. Himchan groaned because he had to leave the cheerleader next to him and show me my room. We walked up the stairs and stopped in front of a door. “Here you go a bedroom with a bathroom in it.” Really? He had asked Himchan to give me a room with a bathroom so I wouldn’t go out?! 
 
“The only time you’ll go out is when dinner is ready, alright?” I just nodded and shut the door in his face. Stupid idiot brother. I looked around and saw that there was a flat screen T.V and a balcony. I looked down the balcony and Jongup was already with his friends and some girls laughing and drinking. He had his tongue shoved down a girl’s throat and I nearly barfed. I decided to just lie down on the bed and watch T.V. A few hours later I found myself on my stomach and eyes glued onto the screen. “AISH JUST TELL TAEJUN YOU’RE A GIRL!” I shouted and giggled.
 
A knock on my door was heard so I went over to it. I looked at the clock, 3 PM. I opened the door and there was Zelo, one of my brother’s friends. “Yo” I said and he smiled down at me. “Foods ready if you’re hungry.” I nodded and walked out. “Thanks Zelo-sshi” He caught up to me and just smiled. “Call me Junhong. Only strangers call me Zelo.” I nodded and kept walking down the stairs. I plugged in my headphones and put the music on low, so I could hear what they were saying. “Eugh oppa, why did you bring her?” One of the girls whined, her name was Hyuna. Jongup just groaned. “Stupid mother made me bring her.”
 
I ignored that and got out a plate to get some pizza, then, that’s when I reached my limit. “She’s so ugly!” Gayoon whined. Everyone just laughed, including my brother. I turned around and glared at her. “Screw off, . If you’re gonna say something, say it to my ing face.” She gasped probably surprised about the fact that I heard everything. “Okay, you’re a stupid, fat, ugly, .” I was about to punch her but Jongup held my wrist. “Just go to your room.” This.. This was beyond ridiculous! First, he laughs at me and second, he doesn’t even stand up for me!
 
I stepped on his foot hard and grabbed my plate and ran upstairs and locked my door. I placed the plate on a nightstand and sunk to my knees. I silently sobbed into my arms and I fell asleep that way.
__________________
 
I woke up with the sound of someone yelling. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” I looked up and I was still in the same position as last night. I saw Jongup and his friend, Yongguk looking at me. Well, Jongup was glaring. “I knock on your door for two hours and I climb up through your balcony to see you sleeping?!” I massaged my neck since it was stiff from the position I was in. Oh now hes also ignoring the fact that I fell asleep crying because of him. Well I’ll just present to him the brother of the year award and he can be on his merry ing way. Psh. 
 
“Get out.” I finally stood up and pointed to the door. “No-“ “I SAID OUT!” I had no time for his . Yongguk glared at Jongup and walked out but Jongup stayed. That little . “GET OUT I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE ANYMORE!” I finally broke. Years of enduring his constant complains and argues were coming to a stop. “Please just get out.” Tears fell down my cheeks. He just rolled his eyes and slammed the door on his way out. “Dude you shouldn’t be like that with her.” I heard yongguk’s voice. My brother just scoffed and left.
 
I looked at my face in the mirror and saw my red puffy eyes. I was determined to show everyone who I really was. I threw off my sweater and undid the elastic band, letting myself actually breathe. I took off my pants and looked at myself in the mirror again. “I’m ing hot.” I smirked at me reflection. I went into my luggage and got out something I knew I might have needed; a bottle of red hair dye. I put on some plastic gloves and placed a towel on my shoulders. I squirted out the red ooze onto my gloved hand and ‘washed’ my hair with it, getting every inch covered. I waited for an hour and a half then finally stepped into the shower. Red liquid fell from my head past my shoulders and onto the floor of the shower.
 
I stepped out and looked at my new self. After putting on a bikini that showed off a tattoo I got a few months ago I brushed my hair and blow dried it. Since my hair was always in a bun I could never really admire the length of it, it went down to my hips. I fixed my bangs and looked at myself in the mirror. Perfect. You could see my belly piercing as well. Jongup had no idea of my tattoo or piercing because he never paid any attention. I put on eyeliner and placed some shorts and an oversized white see-through shirt over my bikini and smirked. I walked out of my room with some sandals in hand and as soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs everyone gasped. The girls looked at me with envy, probably because I had bigger s than them, and the guys looked at me with wide eyes.
 
I opened the front door but Jongup stopped me. “What did you do?” He glared. I shrugged. “I dyed my hair. You like?” He shook his head and pointed to my stomach and back. “WHAT DID YOU DO?” He asked once again. I giggled teasingly. I knew I was pissing him off. “Umma let me get those. See look! Its a little chain~” I said, lifting up my shirt to show my flat stomach and the piercing. “Why did you come out? I specifically told you not to!” I smirked. “Oh don’t worry; I’m not bothering you, am I? That was the deal. For me not to bother you. Bye-bye Jongguppie~” I smirked and set my sandals on the floor.
 
After putting them on I walked out and went to the beach. I sat down on the sand near the water and took off my sandals, placing them somewhere else. I stared at the calm waves as they crashed against the rocks or slid their way onto the shore. “Hey, mind if I sit with you?” I looked up and saw some blonde guy. “Not at all.” I said and he took a seat next to me in the sand. “So whats a pretty girl like you doing all alone over here?” I laughed. “Say, do you have brothers or sisters uhm…” “Daehyun and yeah I do. They’re so annoying.” I nodded. “Exactly why I’m here.”
 
He nodded as well and stood up. “Hey you wanna join my friends and me? We’re having a party and I kinda just wandered off. Hehe.” I looked back towards the house and everyone was laughing and enjoying their time without me, so I said yes. “Ah you’re gonna love them. There’s G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri.” I giggled. “Who would be named G-Dragon?” He chuckled. “Pabo, his name is Jiyong. GD Is his nickname. Speaking of names, you never told me yours.” I smiled. “Bomi. Moon Bomi~” I sang and skipped around. Up ahead were a bunch of guys and girls. “Oh and the girls are CL, Dara, Minzy and you have almost the same name as the last one.” I looked up at him curiously. “Why? What’s her name?” He patted my head and continued walking. “Park Bom.” I chuckled. Only a one letter difference in our names.
 
He pulled his fingers up to his mouth and whistled loudly. “YO GUYS!” He said and everyone looked at us. “Ah Jung Daehyun who is this pretty lady?” A blonde guy came up to me and Daehyun flicked his forehead. “Hyung don’t bother her. Her name is Moon Bomi” Suddenly a girl around my height and same hair color ran up to me and shouted. “YOU STOLE MY NAME!” With a piece of bread in . I giggled and smiled at her. “You must be Park Bom. Daehyun told me about you.”
 
She glanced over at Daehyun, a look of suspicion evident in her face. “Ah he did. And what did this man tell you? Hm?” I laughed at Daehyun’s fear covered face. “Ah nothing bad I can assure you that! He just said we had similar names.” She smirked. “Good. Now C’mon I’m gonna introduce you to my friends!” She grabbed my wrist and dragged me over to where three girls were getting ready to go into the water. “Hey whos this?” A blonde one asked.
 
“Moon Bomi! Daehyun brought her.” The blonde girl smiled. “Hi I’m Lee Chaerin. But you can call me CL~ These are my dorks, Minzy and Dara.” “Unnie we’re not dorks!” Minzy complained. I laughed and they did too. “Hey guys wanna go swimming?” I turned around and there was a guy with blue hair. “Neh GD lets go!” CL shrieked. They both ran into the ocean and laughed. “Arra Bomi do you wanna go?” Daehyun popped up from behind me. I smiled and nodded.
 
“Yeah just wait up.” I took off my white shirt and the shorts I was wearing. I fixed my hair into a bun and shrieked like a little kid. “ONWARD AND FOREWARD DAEHYUN-AH!” I jumped on his back and he quickly grabbed a hold of my thighs. “YES YOUR MAJESTY!” He ran into the water with no problem and I shuddered when the cold water got to my stomach. “Hey Bomi.” Daehyun turned his face and our faces were dangerously close. “U-uh yeah?” I asked and he looked over at GD “You guys wanna have a horse battle?” I looked at them weirdly.
 
“Ah yeah!” CL cheered. “How do you play that?” I asked, confused. CL sat on top of GD’s shoulders while her hands held onto his hair. “We’re princesses and they’re horses. We have to knock each other off of our horses.” I looked over at Daehyun and he nodded. “Don’t worry, I’m a sturdy horse.” I laughed and he helped me onto his shoulders. He held my thighs and I gently grabbed his hair. It was soft. “Yah, hold on tighter, you’ll fall easily if you don’t” I shook my head. “I don’t want to hurt you” I muttered and he chuckled.
 
“Noooothing can hurt the Jung Daehyun” Minzy said sarcastically. I still shook my head. “Do it or I throw you off.” He said and I quickly held onto his hair correctly. “One, two, THREE!” CL said excitedly and pushed my shoulder. I almost fell off but Daehyun held me upright. I pushed her arm and she nearly fell down. Daehyun walked closer to GD so I could get CL easier. “GD hyung, did I ever tell you how much I love you?” Daehyun muttered jokingly and GD acted as if he had thrown up. “I don’t do that, dongsaeng.” We laughed and when I wasn’t paying attention CL pushed me off. I squeaked as I fell into the cold water. I swam up and wiped the water from my face.
 
I quickly grabbed onto Daehyun’s back and he looked at me and smiled. “Can’t swim, can you?” I shook my head. He chuckled and told me to let go of him. “No!” “Pabo, I’ll still be holding on to you.” I nodded and let go. He grabbed my waist and positioned me in front of him. He wrapped his arms just under my bikini top and helped me stay up. “Aw look at those cuties!” Dara said. I hid my face in my hands as a thousand shades of red came across my cheeks.
 
“Lets go underwater.” I turned around and looked at Daehyun like he was crazy. “No, I refuse!” I spoke up and he chuckled. “Too bad~” He pinched my nose together and I pinched his. “Aw so sweet.” He said in a nasally voice and I laughed. “One, two, three!” He said. I closed my eyes and we went underwater. Once we came back up I giggled.
 
It was eleven pm and Daehyun and I were still in the ocean playing truth or dare. The others had gone back to the bonfire pit. Did I also mention that they had brought soju and made me drink? Yeahh. “Truuuthh or daaare?” he asked. I smirked. “Dare!” He tapped his chin and smirked. “I dare you, to kiss me!” I shrugged. No harm in doing that right? I pecked his lips but before I could pull away he grabbed onto my neck and kissed me deeper. He asked for entrance and I gladly gave in. We pulled away after a few minutes and he rested his forehead on mine. “You’re beautiful, Bomi” He smiled and cupped my cheeks. “You’re not so bad yourself Mr. Jung Daehyun” He chuckled and pecked my lips.
 
“I think I should get going now.” I said and he pouted. “Let me take you, yeah?” I nodded and he carried me out of the water. I got off of him and grabbed my towel. I wiped my face and dried myself off. “Hyungs I’m gonna take Bomi home, okay?” They were too lazy to even get up and nod. I chuckled and put on my shorts and shirt. “Lets go oppa.” I turned around and he was putting on his shirt. “Yup.” He said and I began leading the way to the house. “So is your brother home?” He asked and I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, they’re probably having a party.” I muttered and he ohed. “Will he mind if we continue our party at the house?” I thought about it and shrugged. “Maybe but who cares? We can go to my room” I covered my mouth as I realized what I had said.
 
He picked me up bridal style and smirked. “You said it, not me.” I laughed and directed him towards the house. We got there and of course, my brother was throwing a party. The smell of alcohol was in the air and I snickered. “Bomi, who is this?” Yongguk sternly asked as he came up to us. Daehyun let me down and I glared at Yongguk. “Why do you care?” Yongguk sighed and pulled me away from him. “I see you as a sister, I worry. Who is he?” I rolled my eyes. “A friend, okay? Now just go back to your stupid party and ignore us.” I said and went back to Daehyun.
 
 
“C’mon, I’m hungry.” I said and lead him to the kitchen. I ran to the fridge and looked through it. “Daehyun~” I sang. As he turned around I sprayed his upper lip with whip cream. He crossed his eyes and looked down at it.  “You know, you might look good with a mustache~” He bent down and pecked my lip. The whip cream got on my lip too. “I can’t say the same for you though.” I laughed and pursed my lips. “ohhh how will I ever get this whip cream off?” I said in a high pitched voice. Daehyun chuckled and came closer to me. “I’ll help you if you help me~” He closed the gap between us and my upper lip; I did the same to him.
 
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He pulled away and smiled. “I’m really hungry though.” I said and moved away from him to look in the fridge again. I found some cookies in a zip lock bag and got them out. “C’mon~” I said and grabbed his hand and led him up stairs, avoiding the drunk people. We went into my room and I locked my door. “Cookies cookies cooookies~” I sang and jumped up and down. “Nuh uh, you’re still wet. Go shower or else you’re gonna get sick.” I pouted. “Fine umma” I said “But don’t finish my cookies!” I finished off and he chuckled. “I promise to wait for you~” He sang and grabbed the remote. I got out some shorts and a tank top since it was hot outside.
 
I grabbed a clean towel and stepped into the bathroom. I the water and set it between cold and hot. I got undressed and stepped in. After shampooing my hair and rinsing off my body I turned off the water. I quickly dried off and changed. I went out and saw Daehyun watching an episode of CSI. I sat next to him on the floor and grabbed the bag of cookies. “These are great.” I said as I took a bite. “Can I try it?” Daehyun asked and I nodded. I put the cookie in front of his mouth and he took a big bite. “Yummy” I punched his shoulder. “That was my cookie!”
 
We talked for a few hours until I looked at the clock. “Holy its three am!” I said and got up. “Where are you going?” He asked and I shushed him. “I’ll be right back.” He nodded and I went to Yongguk’s door. I knocked a few times and I quickly heard a ‘come in!’ I twisted the knob open and I saw Yongguk in his bed about to sleep. “Gukie-ah~ can my friend borrow some clothes?” He lazily got up and rubbed his eyes cutely. “Mhm.” He said and walked towards his dresser. I covered my eyes since he sleeps only in his boxers. “Awh whats wrong Bomi? Are you shy?” He asked and I shook my head. “Oh, so you wouldn’t mind if I did this?” He grabbed one of my hands and put it on his chest.
 
“A-ah I need t-to g-go!” I tried to walk away but he grabbed me by my waist and sat on top of the bed with me on his lap. “W-what are you doing?” I asked and he kissed my neck. “You know, you’re beautiful as hell.” I frowned. “No, stop. You’re only saying this because of how I’ve changed.” I said and stood up. He stood up and grabbed the back of my neck and caressed my cheek. “But babe, you don’t understand.” He said, eyeing my lips. “I’ve always thought you were beautiful. From the way you bite your lips or pout when you’re reading a book to the way you play with your feet when you’re nervous.” He muttered.
 
I gasped and he took the opportunity to kiss me. I pushed him away and glared. “No” I said and stormed out. He only wanted me because of how I look now. Although it was sweet of him to notice the little things I do. I slapped my face and groaned. I guess theres another person I could ask for clothes. I was walking to Zelo’s room and suddenly I bumped into Youngjae. “Oh, hey Bomi” I scoffed and he raised a brow. “Huh?” “Arent you going to insult me? Arent you going to tell me how ugly I am? How ugly my body is? Oh wait. You’ve just noticed these huh?” I asked, referring to my s. His face grew red and I laughed. “ off, man” I said and kept walking towards Zelo’s room. “Junhong~!” I said as I opened the door. He was sitting on his bed watching some movie. “O-oh? Hey Bomi noona” I jumped on his back since he was lying on his stomach and I frowned. “Don’t call me that, I’m only a year older than you.” He laughed and rolled over so he was ontop of me. “AAAAAHHHH GET OFF OF ME, YOU WEIGH A TON.”
 
He chuckled and sat up. “Whats goin on? Why are you here?” I sat up too and played with my hands. “Well.. I have a friend over. Can he borrow some clothes?” Zelo jumped up and nodded. “Sure, but I want them returned by tomorrow, okay?” I nodded and grinned widely. He passed me a black tanktop and some basketball shorts. “THANKS FLAGPOLE!” I said and pecked his cheek.