006

Later, at dawn.

An Assault

 

 

 

 

paragraph+divider+14.PNG

 

 

 

What the , Kai! What the were you thinking?”

 

The man with big muscles glares at Kai as he paces back and forth in front of his own table, running his fingers through his hair in complete anger.

 

Kai doesn’t even move a muscle from the sofa in front of his boss’ table, unaffected by the booming voice of his big boss. He doesn’t answer as he tries to hold himself up from exploding and shouting back at his big boss.

 

“What were you thinking going to their hideout? I ing instructed you to keep an eye on them if they ever show up in our territory. I didn’t instruct for you to spy on them in their own ing territory!”

 

Kai glares up at his big boss. “I told you already. I did not go there. They were the ones who suddenly assaulted me out of nowhere.”

 

Kai clenches his jaw as he tries to keep him voice as calm as he can.

 

“Then why the hell would they attack you? God damn it!” Kai lets out a shaking breath, unable to keep his cool.

 

“I don’t know, okay! I don’t ing know! Why don’t you ask them if you want to know! And why are you even making this a big deal!”

Kai curses under his breath as he winces, the pain of his busted lips finally seeping in. All he wants right now is eat his favorite ramen and go home and sleep until his body ache goes away. He beat up the five guys that suddenly attacked him on his way to the mini convenient store and in exchange, he received hard, painful blows on his jaw, stomach and a kick in the back. To make it worse, his busted lips are already hurting every ing time he tries to open his mouth.

 

His big boss looks at him, his angry eyes softening. “Because you work for me and everything that happens to you is my responsibility.”

 

Kai glares up at him again. So it’s just about his company again—he’s worried that he’ll ruin his business image.

 

“Well, no one asks you to so you don’t ing need to.” Kai heaves himself up, his face, stoic; albeit his stomach is hurting him from the blows he received. He walks out of the room, slamming the door as usual before he walks away, not caring if he bumps with people on his way.

 

He doesn’t notice the giant boy smiling ear to ear on his way. He does notice Sehun though, as he makes his way back to the building with a cold tea in his hold. He looks at his watch. It’s already seven in the morning. He mutters a curse again. It doesn’t matter, he’ already dead tired and famished. Right now he’s craving for that Shin ramen he likes. He makes his way back to the convenient store, feeling alert in case someone attacks him again.

 

He was completely oblivious of the trail of red he leaves behind.

 

 

+ + +

 

 

Cold sweat covers Kai’s forehead as he nears his destination. He can already see the mini arc from a distance. It’s true that he’d received a few punches and kicks, but he was sure it’s not supposed to hurt as much as it does right now.

 

He pulls his hand to grasp the part of his stomach that hurts most, only for his eyes to widen. Slowly, he draws out his hand to look at it after feeling some kind of a thick liquid on his black shirt.

 

It was blood.

 

With wide eyes, Kai looks back to where he has walked on and sees a trail of blood.

 

.

 

 He was busy fuming over getting attacked by gang men and scold on by his boss for no reason that he didn’t even try to think over why his stomach is too painful. Kai clenches his teeth as the pain starts to sink in more, brain cells sending messages about the pain.

 

He closes his eyes to think of when he received the blow. That guy with that stick. Kai was too busy dodging and throwing punches and kicks to actually notice that one of the men was actually carrying a knife.

Kai winces again, the pain heightening. He has lost so much blood. The walk from his work place to the store takes more than ten minutes. It means he’s been bleeding since then, plus the time his boss was scolding him. He needs to get to a hospital but he doesn’t have a phone to call 911. And he hasn’t seen a single person passing by on his way since. No, actually. He’d rather not have people help him. He doesn’t need anyone. Kai doesn’t need anybody.

 

It was stupid. Kai knows it wouldn’t help him. But he rushes to the mini convenience store—he doesn’t even know what it’s called. Because there’s no other place he’d rather be right now that he can’t reach the comforts of his own apartment. Maybe he can just eat and then doze off in one of the customer tables.

 

With his vision slowly turning black and his right hand gripping his wound tightly to at least slow down the flow of blood, Kai staggers his way into the store. It’s times like this that he thanks the new technology for he’s very sure he doesn’t have enough energy left to actually push the door open.

 

He’s barely half way the aisle when he feels his energy drained all out of his and his vision fading. His hands reaches out for anything for support but to no avail feels himself falling as his knees betray him.

 

It was fast, too fast. Kai’s vision is almost completely out but before it did, he hears that voice again. That trembling voice that starts getting louder and louder. Only now it’s not just trembling; it sounded like it’s in panic. The voice cracks as Kai hears distant screaming, but his consciousness is already slipping away.

 

Then darkness completely envelopes him.

 

 

 


 

A/N:

Ah sorry I only updataed again today as opposed to what I promised. So many events happened. I was busy supporting my uncle and visiting different places with my sister and niece who came to visit. Every time I come home, I’m always dead tired and can’t think of anything.

And I’m sorry it was a short update. I wanted today to be a double update but I think I shouldn't force the other chapter for today since my head isn't clearly working right now. -.-

Hopefully, I’ll be able to update sooner.