023

Later, at dawn.

 

 

Doubtful

 

paragraph+divider+14.PNG

 

 

 

"Stop it, Sehun. Kyungsoo is looking."

 

A giggle follows after that.

 

 

giggle.

 

 

From Xiu Luhan.

 

 

Kyungsoo couldn't believe his eyes. His best friend, who is two years older than him, is openly flirting with the man he was moping about just three days ago.

 

 

What in the world happened?

 

 

 

Kyungsoo averts his eyes, sipping on the bubble tea his best friend gave him, when his eyes met the dark ones owned by the man Luhan is flirting with. It was a quick look and although Sehun's stare is playful, he still can see the possessiveness in it. Sehun pulls Luhan closer to him, as if telling Kyungsoo that Luhan is his and he should back off. Luhan only flushes and Kyungsoo finds himself smiling. He didn't know his best friend looks this cute when he is in love. Luhan had never really been the type to accommodate anyone who shows him romantic interests. Kyungsoo didn't expect his small talk with Luhan would actually work. And he did not expect it to work this fast.

 

Luhan giggles again, trying to squirm out of Sehun's arms.

 

 

And he felt jealous. Again.

 

 

It's just been months for Luhan and Sehun. How did they manage to make it work in such a short time?

It took Kyungsoo more than two years to get at least noticed by Jongin. And after that, they have grown closer together.  But it's already almost a year again and even though he is happy with the progress he and Jongin has+ + + the touches and show of affection+ + + he still feels doubtful about whether he and Jongin really are in love. Yes, they have kissed, they have cuddled in bed and they have spent so much time together but what if after all this time, he is the only one falling deeper in love? Almost a year has passed and he still has not confirmed what he and Jongin really are. He never asked because he was scared of the answer. He was happy being with Jongin and the mere thought of the man growing far from him again makes his heart ache.

 

 

But now he feels so envious of his best friend. His relationship with Sehun looks so strong, permanent even, like nothing can break them apart while he and Jongin... it's like they are holding onto a thin thread and just one wrong move can snap them away from each other. That is what Kyungsoo is afraid of. That is why he makes sure to watch his every word and every action towards Jongin. But then again,  isn't trust important in a relationship?  If they don't trust each other then how can he and Jongin be more than what they are now? Is he not worth Jongin's trust?

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo!", his attention draws back to Luhan who seems to have been calling him multiple of times already and to Sehun who's staring at him with brows knitted together.

 

 

"W-what?", He looks at Luhan, feeling a bit dazed.

 

 

"Your phone. It's been ringing for a while now."

 

 

And the sound of his phone ringing reaches his ears. "Oh... sorry."

 

He excuses himself before walking out of the living room and to the kitchen, away from the other two.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Kyungsoo hyung, this is Junhong."

 

 

"Oh. Junhong'ah what made you call? Is something wrong in the store?"

 

 

"Hyung, your friend had been waiting for you here. I don't think he's leaving until he sees you."

 

 

Kyungsoo's heart takes a leap. There's only one friend who would insist to wait for him until they meet.

 

"How long has he been there?"

 

Kyungsoo could hear how nervous Zelo is. Jongin never fails to scare Zelo with his emotionless face and his stoic voice. If only Jongin had his own phone... only then his friend Zelo wouldn't need to call him. He has already grown accustomed to Jongin's ways of shying away from people. Somehow, he understands this side of Jongin. If he himself hadn't been more exposed, he might have chosen to lock himself in his room, away from everyone's sight.

 

 

"Uh... More than an hour, hyung."

 

 

And his heart goes erratic again, like it always does when he starts feeling excited to see Jongin. But this time he feels somewhere between excited and nervous. He wants to ask Jongin. What they are and... if what they have isn't just temporary. 

 

 

"Okay, I'll be there."

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

"Are you going home already?"

 

Kyungsoo smiles at Luhan. "Yes. Jongin had been waiting for me at home. Zelo called."

 

"Oh..." Luhan nods his head and Sehun says something directed to him for the first time.

 

"Jongin? Kim Jongin?"

 

Kyungsoo looks surprisingly at Sehun. "I—yes. You know him too."

 

It wasn't a question. Kyungsoo faces Sehun.

 

"Yes. We work together. "

 

Luhan looks at Kyungsoo and he almost immediately looks away. "Did you know about this, Luhan hyung?"

 

 

"I… uh", and Kyungsoo knew, just from the way Luhan doesn't look straight at him, that the latter knows something he doesn't. Something he is supposed to know. "Yes but I didn't think you need to know that."

 

 

Kyungsoo raises a brow. "Really now?" Luhan knows, of all people, how much Kyungsoo knows next to nothing about Jongin's life. Telling him just that, something about the man he loves, would have made him feel better.

 

"I didn't know Kai associates himself to anyone outside work.", and that made Kyungsoo feel like a cold water poured down on him.

 

What kind of man is Jongin that even his workmates doesn't know he interacts with people outside work? He did expect Jongin to be the silent type but not someone as mysterious as this. And—

 

"Kai? You call him Kai?"

 

And it's Sehun now who raises a brow and sits straight on the sofa, planting his elbows on his knees as he looks at Kyungsoo interestingly.

 

"That's what we call him in our company. That's his s--" but Sehun does not get to continue what he is about to say because Luhan suddenly clamps a hand over the his mouth.

 

"Kyungsoo! Isn't Jongin waiting for you?" Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at Luhan. His best friend definitely knows something.

 

Kyungsoo is suddenly being pulled out of the house by a frantic Luhan who looks too obviously nervous. "You should go now, Kyungsoo. Jongin is waiting for you."

 

Kyungsoo wanted to ask more but he figured it's better to know the truth from Jongin. He takes a last glance at Sehun, who still looks at him in interest, before completely leaving.

 

 

****

 

 

 

The doubt is getting more and more into him. He doesn't like this. He doesn't like doubting someone so special to him. But he can't help it when every time he asks Jongin about his job, the latter steers away from the topic. Jongin still holds him close and it makes him feel so special to the other but he can't stop questioning himself if all of this is real, if Jongin really feels the same way.

 

 

Mortification plagues him even more when he realizes that later on, Jongin may not want to do anything with him anymore and once again they'll be back to strangers again... or maybe it's just Jongin who will see him as a stranger again because it would be really impossible in his part to look at the man he loves as a stranger. Impossible.

 

Kyungsoo is determined to know, to understand Jongin more. Maybe the reason,  he thinks, that they can't be more than what they are is because he never tries. It's been two years but all he knows about Jongin are his likes and dislikes. Maybe he should try to get to know Jongin more so that he can understand.

 

 

 

Maybe he should try to find out on his own.

 

 

 

 

 


A u t h o r ' s  N o t e:

This chapter isn't long and you waited so long for it. Forgive me. U__U

I actually had to cut this into two parts because I feel like the other part doesn't fit in this chapter. So it'll be on the next chapter.

Besides this story doesn't really have long updates so I guess you're all used to it?

Aaaaand school.. school is massively happening. I have exams soon so more busy schedule. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

 

P.S.
I don't bite. Here are the links where you can find me. (/ ^♡^)/

 

Twitter

Tumblr

Ask.fm

Instagram:((exo ; personal))