003

Later, at dawn.

From a Far

 

 

 

 

paragraph+divider+14.PNG

 

///

Today,

Your hand brushed mine.

I don’t know how it happened

But it did.

Did you feel it?

The electricity?

Because I did.

I felt it all through my whole body.

And I froze.

I’m happy you didn’t notice.

[ Spring. April 2012 ]

///

 

 

That day was one of the days that Kyungsoo was thankful that the man never looked at his face or even bothered to notice him. Because if he did, he would probably notice how he froze because of the touch and how he furiously blushed.

Kyungsoo knows that he looks funny when he blushes.

 

 

 

 

///

 

Kim Jongin.

Your name lingers on my lips.

Even saying it to myself

Sends butterflies in my stomach

My heart races

My cheeks, a shade of crimson

When did my feelings for you

Escalated this fast?

[ Summer. June 2012 ]

 

///

 

That was the day that Kyungsoo found out the name of the man. His name is Kim Jongin. He forgot to bring cash with him and only had his credit card so he needed to sign for the bank papers. Kyungsoo was very eager as he watched the man sign it. It was clear and Kyungsoo made sure to read it well.

 

“Kim Jongin,” he muttered while reading the name. The man left and the grin on Kyungsoo’s face didn’t disappear the whole day.

 

 

 

///

You arrived wearing a tuxedo

And yet again,

I was breathless.

My heart is beating so fast,

So loud.

I thought it would burst out of my chest

Just like how the sun bursts

When dawn comes.

[ Autumn. November 2012 ]

///

 

Kyungsoo was both happy and embarrassed that day. The man he likes arrived wearing a tuxedo. He looked so dashing and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he gulped a few times before he could start scanning the codes for the product that man bought.

 

For some reason, he felt embarrassed of how much he blushed just seeing the man in luxurious attire. That man only usually came in a plain v-neck t-shirt and polo over it or wearing a jacket, never a suit.

 

And Kyungsoo had to constantly drag himself out of dreamland that whole day.

 

 

 

 

///

Tonight will be Christmas eve

I am wondering

Who will you spend it with?

[Winter. December 2012]

///

 

Kyungsoo was sitting on the counter again. He sighed after he finished reading his entries in his leather notebook. A million thoughts entered his mind. Both about his life and that man’s life.

 

“Love makes me feel poetic,” he muttered under his breath.

 

“I know, right. And it’s so corny it makes me wanna puke!”

Kyungsoo nearly jumped out of his skin before he recovered when he heard his best friend’s voice. He scoffed as he put his hand over his chest, “Hyung, you surprised me!”

 

“You wouldn't have been surprised if you weren’t dozing off to your Kim Jongin Dreamland again,” his best friend answered. He leaned his elbows on the counter, “And I told you not to call me 'hyung'. I look younger than you! I’m Luhan. Not Luhan hyung! And why is the store still open. You’re supposed to close already, tonight is Christmas Eve, Kyungsoo,” Luhan continued.

 

Kyungsoo stepped out of the counter and went to close the store. Luhan picked up his leather notebook and opened it.

 

He read it aloud. “Kim Jongin. Your name lingers on my lips. Even saying it to myself. Sends butterflies in my stomach. My heart rac--- ackkkk! Kyungsoo, you’re so cheesy! Euuhhh!” he said as he rubbed his arms with both hands. “I’m having goosebumps at your cheesiness!”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he walked back to his best friend. “Don’t read that,” he said as he snatched away the notebook. Luhan giggled. He opened the door to the storage room and Luhan followed him upstairs.

 

“You really at writing poems Kyunggie,” Luhan mocked.

 

“Those aren’t poems, Luhan. I’m just writing what I feel. To get them off my chest. Since you left me here all by myself and there’s no one I can talk to anymore,” Kyungsoo answered as he took off his sweater.

 

Luhan felt guilty. He quit working in the store that Kyungsoo owned because he wanted to start his own business as well. He was pouting when he wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo.

“Kyunggieeee~ you know the real reason why I quit working here. I just wanted to start a business of my own. I just didn’t want to keep depending on you. And I always call you when I have time,” he said in his aegyo voice.

 

“Ew you’re so clingy, Luhan. Maybe it was a good idea you quit because I would have to deal with your disgusting aegyo all the time,” Kyungsoo answered with a chuckle. Luhan felt relieved that Kyungsoo lightened up again.

 

“Disgusting aegyo?!" Luhan lest go of Kyungso and scoffs. “I have the cutest aegyo and it always works on anyone!”

 

“Except on me,” Kyungsoo corrected. He then started to walk towards the kitchen.

 

Luhan followed him, “Yeah…well since…since you’re my best friend and you’ve witnessed it for 5 years already.”

 

Kyungsoo took out the turkey from the refrigerator and started working his magic. Luhan offered to help him.

 

“And look who’s disgustingly clingy. You’re even writing a love letter to that man,” Luhan continued as he started dicing onions.

 

“It’s not a love letter Luhan. It’s also not a poem. I’m just really writing my thoughts down,” Kyungsoo barked to Luhan. He shot him a quick look.

 

“Whatever you want to call it Kyunggie~” Luhan barked back and then giggled again.

 

The best friends spent that night updating each other on their lives. Luhan excitedly talked about his new experiences in his small business and his new friends, and Kyungsoo was happily listening to his best friend; but at the back of his mind, there’s that man he has been thinking of.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

A short update. I know. Waaaah because ugh—the scenes are jumbling in my brain and I have to type them but they’re not arranged in the plot but I don't wnat to rush this story and ugh—do you even understand what I’m saying. Ugh. And we have a test on the next day in our major subject and uni is killing me and I just want to keep on typing stories forever. ugh.

//cries//

 

Next update would be a p.o.v of the man who doesn’t look anyone in the eye, okay? Okay. 

Lol. Bye. and tell me what you think of the chapter. ohoho  <3