Game Over

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 29

Game Over

 

 

 

A couple of days past and there was still no news outside the hospital doors. Ever since Seonyul got hit, there wasn't any other attack coming from the enemy. This gave the chance to Cheondung and the others to come and spend at least an hour or two everyday by her bedside. The same went with her parents. Her mother even took time off from her traveling, to stay and spend her days at the hospital, hoping that her daughter would wake up.

 

Even during those days, when nobody was around, uncalled visits would be made by Simon, keeping up track to his Boss about the situation.

 

"When do we start?"

 

"Tomorrow should be fine. Make sure you are alone with her before you start."

 

"Yes, sir."

 

Hanging up, he placed the phone back in his pocket and walked out of the room. Back inside, the unconscious body was showing signs of waking up. The slight moving fingers along with the eyes twitching and yet nobody was here to notice it. Her eyes were opening with a lot of difficulty as the light from the room was directly hitting her in her line of vision. A low grunt escaped her lips as she slowly moved her arm over her eyes to hide her from the brightness but wasn't able to properly lift it up without letting out another painful groan. She took a deep breath before adjusting her upper body until he back was softly resting on a pillow.

 

She looked around and saw that nobody was with her.

 

She pouts wondering where everybody went when she was brought back to a few days ago, when she was sent here in the first place. She placed her hand over her stomach as she looked down, barely filling the stitches over her abdomen. Pushing the covers aside, she turned her body around, placing her legs on the floor and placed her palms by the edge of the bed to help her stand up. Once she found her balance, she slowly walked to the small bathroom and stood in front of the mirror, lifting her hospital gown to look at the scar. She grazed over the fresh stitches noticing how big it was spreading from under her rib, barely reaching her navel.

 

Why the hell is it so big? I  thought a bullet was… small. And why the hell is my scar here, when it's supposed to be in the back? Didn't I get hit in the back?

 

She tilted her head to the side, trying to 'do the math' until she heard the door to her room open. She turned her head to the side and saw Simon coming in. "Simon?" She walked out of the bathroom and headed towards him as he was smiling at her, greeting her good afternoon. "How are you feeling?"

 

"I've been better, I'm just a little bit tired and a little bit uncomfortable."

 

"Oh, okay. So I guess it's okay if I do this?"

 

"Huh?"

 

The next thing she knew, she was falling on the floor, a headache taking over her brain. Just now, Simon took his chance to knock her out, seeing that for her to be awake right now, wasn't part of the plan. He held her in his arms and walked out of the room, carefully looking so he wouldn't get caught. Once he reached the stair case, he rushed down the stairs and straight to the basement. Once he was standing in front the door, he took his phone out and dialed his Boss's number, explaining him about the slight bump he just ran into.

 

"I'm at the basement right now, with her. What do you want me to do?"

 

"Then start now. I'll come by tomorrow."

 

"Yes, sir."

 

He busted through the door and dropped Seonyul's body on the chair, tying her up. Walking back out, he walked to where he could see the emergency alarm and punch into it, setting off the distressed sound across the building. He walked back inside the room from the basement and locked the door, waiting for the signal to move, from his Boss.

 

 

Back at the mansion, the boys were in the office, preparing themselves for the inevitable.

 

Everything was interrupted with one single call.

 

That one call that would detour everything that they were planning to do to save one life.

 

"Hello?" Seungho was the one that picked up the phone to answer, leaving everybody on the edge of their seats, curious to know who was the mysterious caller. "WHAT?!" His sudden loud voice resonating across the room reached out to each of the boys making them jump from their seats and rush straight to their leader. Once he hung up, he ran his fingers through his hair and diverted his eyes straight to G.O, giving him the look that something was wrong.

 

"What?"

 

"The emergency alarm from the hospital where she is was set off, so everybody was evacuated…"

 

"But?"

 

"She wasn't in her room when it happened and they don't know why the alarm was set off"

 

"What do you mean she wasn't in her room?!"

 

"She wasn't! Either she woke up and ran like everybody else, or…"

 

"Or they took her."

 

"Okay! THAT'S IT!" A loud slam was heard, making everybody jump out of fright and turned to the one that disturbed their atmosphere. They all saw an angry Cheondung, ready to destroy everything in his way just to go find the one that kidnap Seonyul. A hand was placed on his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. He turned around and found his boss with much worry as everybody was. "You guys prepare a plan to go to the hospital. I'll go and see her mother, trying to find out if anything out of the ordinary happened while we weren't there. I'll let you know if I find anything. Go and save her."

 

They all ran out, leaving the boss alone in his office. Once they reached their cars, they speeded off straight to where she was, hoping that they weren't too late and that the fight would be over once and for all.

 

 

 

 

On the other end of the city, an old hospital building was empty. No traces of anybody roaming across the hallways. Back downstairs, Seonyul was slowly waking up, feeling her head hurting as if it was about to explode. She groans out in pain, gaining her attacker's attention by looking at her trying to move. He chuckles seeing her failed attempt and walks over to her, crouching to her eye level.

 

"Well, you're finally awake, look at that"

 

"Si - Simon?"

 

"Yes, dear. What may I do for you?"

 

"What's going on?"

 

"Really? That's what you want to know? Me knocking you out wasn't a hint for you?" She didn't respond, to focused on the thump hitting her brain. He pushed her by her shoulder, waiting for her to answer, as he slowly got irritated. "Yah! Answer me!"

 

"What do you want me to answer? Huh?!"

 

"Don't be a smart mouth. It doesn't suit you"

 

She looked up at him, sudden anger flashing through her eyes. She wanted to hit him but realized she was tied up to her chair. As she was struggling, her attacker simply watched her try to free herself, enjoying her little moment of desperation. The more she struggled, she ended up losing her balance on the chair and fell backwards, letting out another painful groan. She finally gave up and simply stayed in that position, looking up at the ceiling. She heard some movements and turned her head to see Simon grabbing onto the chair, pulling her back up. He crouched to her level, and placed his finger under her chin, making her look directly in his eyes.

 

Her eyes were starting to shimmer, early tears ready to escape. Pain was shot out through her entire body, making her feel weak and barely able to properly sit on that chair despite her being tied to it. "Please… let me go" He smirks at her request and lets go of his hold under her chin. He leans closer, his lips next to her ear and whispers to her words that made her struggle back to freeing herself from the ropes. "Hmm… I don't want to." He pulls back, her hair along the way and backs off, heading back to his initial spot, comfortable laying his body against the wall. "You're lucky the Boss told me to spare you. If it were me, you'd be having such a good time."

 

"Well… he did tell me that you had to be alive, he didn't mean that I couldn't have my fun in the meantime." He chuckled and his lips seeing the panic expression across Seonyul's face. "Please, d-don't!" He was slowly approaching her and went to stand behind her. He bent his upper body, having his lips back next to her ear and leaned closer, his nose right in the crook of her neck taking in her scent. "Hmm, you smell so good." He places his hands on her shoulders and slowly slides them up front, until he reaches the top of her s. Feeling scared and anxious, she wanted him to stop but with the way she was stuck, she used the only thing that could make him back off, only to pay a price later on. With her head, she hits him right in his nose, making him stumble backwards, almost falling on the floor. "You little !"

 

He grabbed onto a fistful of her hair and pulled her head backwards. She yelled out in pain from the sudden violence and looked at him, his nose slowly bleeding from her hit. He slapped her across the face and punched her right where he scar was, earning another painful yell escaping her trembling lips. She bent her upper body, her head almost reaching to her knees as she let the tears out of her eyes, crying out to the people she wanted to see so badly right now. She could feel something wet on her stomach and by looking she saw a red stain slowly spreading through her gown. With her body starting to shake, she received another hit and let out a scream from the sudden burning feeling that was creeping. With the small pocket knife he was playing with earlier, he quickly scratched her neck, letting a thin line appear, blood dripping down. "I can give you more if you don't behave." His threatening tone sent shivers down her spine, her fear growing wider by the second.

 

She struggled, once again, trying to free herself from the ropes that were tying her hands behind the chair, hoping that with the force and energy that was left in her body, she would have the strength needed to run away if she ever pulls through. The sudden ringing of a phone echoed through the room, getting the two's attention. Simon pulled out the object from his pocket and smirked as he waved it in front of Seonyul's face. "Looks like the Boss has possible new orders."

 

He turned his back to her, giving her the chance to get her hands out of the ropes. She could feel them bruising her wrists, making her hiss at the rough contact but tried to ignore it as much as she could since all she wanted was to get out of there. By quickly rubbing the ropes to the back of the chair as she used her fingers to push them further down her until they were out of the way. The pain that was throbbing from her open wound was becoming her distraction, making her focus more on the blood than her actual escape plan. By constantly pulling the ropes towards the side, she was able to widen it and continued pushing it out from her wrists. After so many tries, she was finally able get them out of the way as he finished his phone call.

 

He turned back around, placing his phone back in his pocket and walked towards her. She still had her hands behind her back, as not give any suspicions. He was standing close to her and crouched to her eye level, his smug look never leaving his face. "Its so unfortunate that the Boss asked me to start early. Hmm… I wonder where I can start…"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Torture, honey. Torture." He leaned in closer and out of reflex, she violently stepped on his foot, sending him off guard and quickly hit him in the eye, sending him off balance as he fell straight on the ground, a groan escaping from him. She took this chance to escape and ran straight to the door but not before he was able to grab her foot, dragging her down as she fell on the floor. He pulled her towards him while she tried to grab onto the door, struggling to kick him away. He saw her coming and swiftly took out his pocket knife, stabbing it straight to her thigh. She yelled out, the sudden burning feeling shooting through her entire body as he took it out, the new wound starting to bleed out. He creped up to her and straddled her as he grabbed onto her red wrists shoving them above her head. "I'll make you pay, damn it!"

 

Crying out for help, she was starting having difficulty breathing as he chest heaved up and down trying to catch the air that was escaping her lungs. The amount of fear that was surrounding her couldn't be explain in words. She wasn't able to think straight as she looked in her attacker's eyes, seeing the evil glint that was shining across his dark orbs, goose bumps appearing up and down her body. "Please, let me go! HELP!"

 

He leaned closer to her ear, telling her that her cries were useless. "Scream all you want, nobody is going to hear you!" Not backing off, he was facing the scratch from her neck, and as he gave it a quick , he bit her that same part of her neck making her screaming loud enough to reach at least the first floor of the building.

 

Reaching up to the hearing of the first man that entered that same building, on that same floor, making it much more easier to find his companion across the empty building. 

 

 

Next: His Rescue