Very Common Words

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 23

Very Common Words

 

 

 

After a peaceful night of sleep, the small cries of a dog was what woke him up. Along with the rain and the faint sounds of thunder coming out the windows, G.O slowly opens his eyes as he tightens his arm around her sleeping figure. With her back against his chest, he scoots himself closer to her, trying to enjoy his last quiet moment before the cries comes through the door, making him prop himself on his elbow as he ruffles his hair.

 

"Yah~ Seonya, I think you're dog is calling you." He gently taps on her arm, trying to wake her up but all he gets as a response are soft groans, telling him to let her sleep a little longer. He sigh and shakes his head as he gets out of bed, making his way to his door. Once he opened it, the dog quickly passes by him and jumps on his bed taking his spot. He chuckles, somehow impressed with her pet and closes the door back, walking back to bed.

 

"Yah, get off my bed. Come on." He gently pushes the dog from his bed to which the pet replies with soft cries, gaining Seonyul's attention. She turns around and caresses his head, calming him down. "He doesn't like thunderstorms. Sorry." She sat up while G.O took a seat on his bed, with Balto placed between them. He took a liking to the man as he started to gently pat his back while Seonyul was still doing the same. Another loud thud made the little one jump out of bed as he hid under it. Seonyul got out and crouched so she could see him with G.O jumping out right behind her.

 

"Come here Balto-ah, come out, please~"

 

She stretched out her hand from under the bed trying to reach out to him, but he wouldn't budge. After a few tries, he was still under the bed. She gave up and got back on her feet to found G.O lying on his bed looking at her. "What?"

 

"Come here." He smiled at her as he reached out for her hand making her climb on the bed and sat next to him. "Yes?"

 

"Let him be, he'll come back here."

 

"Don't say that, he's scared."

 

"I know, and he'll be needing comfort, so he'll come out of under there and go straight to here." He chuckles and pats the space between them bringing her to laugh a little bit at his childish attitude. Another thunder hit, making both of them look out only to find that the electricity ran out. From the split second of silence, they both jumped out of fear as they heard Seonyul's dog barking, coming out from under the bed and jumping back on her.

 

"See? He came back"

 

"Yah~ it's not funny"

 

She pouted at him for still having that childish smile on his face while she was carefully hugging her dog, feeling him slightly shaking. He was quietly watching her taking care of her pet with a caring look across his face until he heard a knock on his door, making him look up and walking out of his bed. Once he opened the door, he saw Mir standing in front of him looking like he was about to say something, but looking at the state G.O was in, he suddenly lost his trail of thought.

 

"Good morning?"

 

The younger one diverted his look from the chest to his eyes, stumbling in his sentence. "G-good… Hi"

 

"What's up?"

 

"The electricity is out. I went to check up on Seonyul in her room but she wasn't there, so I thought she left…"

 

"No, she's in bed"

 

"B-bed? Hyung! Did you guys… you know…"

 

"Yah~" With a slap behind the head, Mir backed off as he rubbed off the slight pain from the pain. "What made you think that?"

 

"You're not wearing your shirt"

 

"And?"

 

"Nothing… I thought that-"

 

He sigh, knowing from where the younger one was coming from. He placed his hand on his shoulder, reassuring him that nothing happened. With a smile and a nod, they both walked back in the room, seeing Seonyul still caressing her dog as he was slowly falling asleep on her lap.

 

"Noona!"  She shot up her head to see Mir walking towards her with G.O following behind. He sat next to her, with the older one standing in front of them, his arms crossed across his chest. "What's up?"

 

"I came to check on you"

 

"I'm fine, thanks." She smiles at him as she playfully ruffled hair while he showed her his best smile. They carried on with a conversation about what was going on while G.O had his eyes on her. Last night's kiss was replaying in his head over and over again and yet, there wasn't anything that made his heart pound loudly. His thoughts got interrupted with another knock on the door, gaining everybody's attention. "I'll get it."

 

Mir and Seonyul went back to their talk while G.O opened his door only to find Cheondung standing in front of him with an expressionless face. From where he was, he recognized Seonyul's laugh which made him take a quick glance at G.O's shirtless body, earning him an uncomfortable feeling in his throat. A slight pain ran across his chest for over thinking about the reasons his friend was like this in the early hours of the morning.

 

Thoughts that he didn't even realized were hitting him.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Seungho wants to see us. Get dressed." He walks out with his hands in his pocket not letting the other one respond. G.O fisted his hand, having the sudden urge of hitting him again as the idea quickly ran across his mind. Once he was out of sight, he took a deep breath and closed the door, getting himself ready.

 

 

Hitting the afternoon part of the day, the weather was still the same. The lights were back on but there was no sign that the thunderstorm was about to calm down any time soon and because of that, nobody wanted to step outside.

 

All except for him.

 

He didn't care about how bad the weather was, he just wanted out. A feeling of suffocation was creeping up inside of him whenever he kept seeing her smile next to G.O and Mir. As if the events of yesterday never happened.

 

Without a word, he stormed out of the mansion slamming the door shut behind him and ran to his car, driving to the only place where he could find peace.

 

"Where is he going?"

 

Seonyul was on her way to the stairs when she saw Cheondung leave without so much of a goodbye. Taking another step forward, she heard someone calling her, making her turn around to find Seungho behind her.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Can we talk?"

 

"Hmm, yea, sure"

 

"Follow me"

 

He lead her to the music room of the mansion, walking straight to the podium where was placed a small piano and sat on the bench, while she stood up next to the instrument. They still haven't spoken a word, with Seonyul watching Seungho randomly playing with the instrument, hitting the keys to create a calm atmosphere.

 

"What did you want to talk about?"

 

"About what happened yesterday. If I understood correctly, there was something going on between you and Cheondung and G.O didn't seem to like it for a reason… Did you cheat on him?"

 

"Huh?! No! Off course not! We're not even dating!" She was totally caught off guard by his question. She knew that she had to apologize to the others for the sudden disturbance she caused and also give a clear explanation, but she never thought that she would be accused of cheating on someone. "I know things got out of hand yesterday and I sincerely apologize for what happened, but I promise you, I didn't cheat on anybody, I would never do this."

 

He stopped with what he was doing and looked straight at her, not really knowing what to think. Whatever happened between the three of them caused some tension in their group and he didn't like that at all. Being the leader and the eldest of them all, he felt like it was his responsibility to take care of whatever was going on and it all starts with her.

 

"Then tell me why did G.O attacked Cheondung yesterday? He wouldn't do it just because he felt like it, there was something behind this and from the way he talked to you, this is something that concerns the three of you." He got out of his seat and walked to a couch with her following behind and taking a seat next to him. For the morning she passed with G.O, she almost forgot about yesterday's incident and now that Seungho was bringing back the subject, she could feel herself wanting to cry again, remembering how hurt G.O was and how he wanted her out of his life for good.

 

"Something happened… between me and Cheondung… I hid it from Byunghee and he found out about it and got mad." She didn't have the courage to look at him in the eyes so she simply looked down at her lap, nervously playing with her fingers as she waited to hear his response. He lets out a breath, trying to figure out what to say to her, but all he wants to do is to know if she has feelings for Byunghee and if she does, to stay away from Cheondung but at the same time, a part of him does understand G.O's reaction since he was well aware of Cheondung's game for too long.

 

"Did you at least solve your issues with Byunghee?"

 

"I guess…"

 

"What about Cheondung?"

 

"We haven't talked for two weeks."

 

"Why?"

 

She lifted her head up and looked at him. She didn't really know what to say since there's wasn't really a reason to have been avoiding him in the first place. Even the fight they had on the balcony didn't rough things up between them it was only the week after, when he simply barge in and out of her room that they haven't spoken to each other and she didn't know why. She did her best to avoid him so she wouldn't get on his bad side, but at the same time, she missed him.

 

She missed seeing him around, even though they were in a group and they wouldn't talk to each other. She hated herself for feeling so confused about one single person and yet, she was sure that she was in love with him.

 

He was mean and cruel to her and yet, she couldn't detach herself from him.

 

"I don't know what to say…"

 

"Seonyul-ah, you need to figure out how you feel about those two before things get worse. I'm not trying to sound mean or be angry at you but things between them were already rough for a few months now and with yesterday's event, they might as well get worse. So you need to fix it. Quick."

 

"I know… I'm sorry"

 

He sighs as he looks up at the ceiling and right back at her. She was looking up front, her gaze simply lost.

 

"When can I leave?"

 

"Whenever you want"

 

"Then, I'll leave tonight." She looks at him as he gives her a simple nod as an answer. He gets up from the couch and walks out of the room, leaving her alone to deal with her plan.

 

Her turn to get up, she leaves the room, heading straight to the office in the hopes to find her uncle. Once she stood in front of the door, she softly knocked as she opened it and stepped inside. She looked around and saw that he wasn't there. She rushed to the desk and took the phone, composing her parents number.

 

A few rings later and she finally heard the voice of her mother.

 

"Mom? It's me"

 

 

Next: Goodbye