Trap

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 10

Trap

 

 

 

The smash of doors opening caught the attention of the small crowd inside the room when their heads turned to see a man carrying a woman in his arms rushing over to the couch and carefully placing the fragile body of the lady, followed by the small cries of a dog. The oldest of them all, their boss, pushed through his men, recognizing the frightened girl that was tightly holding onto her carrier.

 

 G.O looked at him, agitated but also angry.

 

"What happened?"

 

"They were after her. They busted through her door and- and went after her. I was on my way to her place when I found her running on the streets... They were running after her."

 

"That means they know…"

 

"Know about what?"

 

"Her family G.O."

 

Ji-Hoon backs away, sending orders to the rest of the boys in the room while G.O was still holding onto Seonyul, her body seemed to have calmed down from the shaking, but she still had a tight grip onto him, not nearly ready to let him go. Her head was hidden in the crook of his neck, trying to regulate her breathing as she felt her tears on the verge of escaping her moist eyes.

 

With his arms protectively wrapped around her, he gently her arm, trying to reassure her that she was safe as he placed a soothing kiss on the top of her head. He was left alone with her in his boss's office, simply sitting on the couch without moving, but simply helped her feel safe.

 

As far as he wanted, she shouldn't be going through this. He blamed himself for having met her, knowing that there was a chance that she could be in danger. He wanted to be the big brother and protect her. He grew attached to her and he knew that now, she needed him as much as he needed her. He didn't want to lose her, he didn't want to go through that pain again.

 

He felt her moving, when she pulled her head away from his neck and looked at him, remembering the quick exchanged words between him and the other stranger. Though she felt protected in his arms, there was something that wasn't right and she needed to know. She wanted to know if the trust she had for him was still worth it.

 

"G.O... What's going on? I feel like you're hiding something from me"

 

"Seonyul-ah… I - I don't know what to say"

 

"Just tell me the truth, please."

 

At that moment, the door opened with Ji-Hoon walking back in his office looking anxious. He glanced over to G.O and saw that Seonyul was looking back at him with a curious expression across her face.

 

"Who are you?"

 

"You can call me Rain."

 

"He's my boss"

 

"You live with your boss?"

 

She pulls away form G.O's embrace and gets up. Her gaze went back to the older man, a weird feeling growing inside of her. She knew him, but couldn't place his face anywhere.

 

"I know you, don't I?"

 

"You do."

 

"G.O, please. What the hell is going on?!"

 

He looks at his boss receiving a nod, letting him explain to his friend the truth about his life and what was going on in hers.

 

"The people who were after you. They're our… enemies."

 

"Wh-what?  Like in a gang?"

 

"Yes…"

 

"Are you making fun of me?"

 

"No, I'm telling you the truth. Please, let me explain"

 

"Then please do, because I'm starting to freak out here."

 

He spills out everything she wanted to know and from the looks of it, she wasn't taking it well.

 

He spilled out the truth about his lifestyle, his gaze never leaving her face as he noticed that her fear came back. She was slowly stepping away from him, her back bumping into Ji-Hoon who was calmly standing behind her. She jumped and quickly turned around suddenly feeling trapped. They were both trying to calm her down but it was in vain. She ran to the door only to find Mir in front of her, sadly looking back, knowing that she found out the truth about him and the rest of the boys.

 

She was looking around for and escape route until she felt a hand land on her shoulder making her jump and turned around only to find G.O standing behind her. Her cracked voice escaped her shaky breath, begging for them not to harm her, that all of this was simply a joke.

 

"We're not going to hurt you, trust me."

 

"I- I can't, you lied to me!"

 

"Because I didn’t want this to happen!"

 

"Who says that you're the good guys anyway?"

 

"We are, Seonya. You have to trust us." At the sound of the boss's voice, she looked back at him, her breath caught up in when she heard him calling her by an old nickname. The last time she heard this name was too long ago, so far away that hearing it again brought back a rush of memories in her mind. The feeling of nostalgia rushed through her being, suddenly taken over by the longing of an easier life.

 

"Okay, that's it! Who the hell are you?! How did you know about that name?! Nobody called me like that since my uncle -"

 

"I can't believe you can't even recognize your own uncle." Barely surprised that it took her time to finally recognize him.

 

"Impossible. You're lying."

 

"I'm not, it's the truth, like everything G.O just told you now."

 

She turned to face G.O, the tears in her eyes already falling. In just a second, her whole world turned upside down and all the colors of her life turned grey. She suddenly felt so weak, her heart already cracked with the sudden shock of a new life.

 

She simply felt trapped.

 

No longer safe in the comfort of her own home.

 

She still didn't understand why from all the people in the world, she was the victim.

 

He saw that she was about to break down at any second and ran towards her, hugging her tight. Wrapping his arms around her, she gave in and let it all out. He was heartbroken thinking that he may never see that smile on her face any time soon.

 

From where he was, Mir walked towards them standing behind Seonyul who had her face buried in G.O's chest, her hands holding onto his jacket. On the other side of the room, Ji-Hoon took a deep breath, his eyes not looking away from the broken scene in front of him.

 

"G.O, bring her to your room. Mir, go with him. We'll continue this later."

 

They nod at his order and walked away, dragging a reluctant Seonyul who was  still feeling the weakness in her knees. G.O lifted her up, bridal style, making her arms wrapped around his neck where she placed her face in the crook of his neck, whispering to him with a shaky voice.

 

"Don't hurt me, pl-please."

 

"I promise I won't. You're safe with me."

 

They silently arrived in his room with Mir opening the door. Walking inside and closing it behind, G.O walked to his bed and gently placed Seonyul on the mattress. Pulling away, she felt the covers over her body and saw Mir sitting at the edge of the bed, carefully her hair. "Go to sleep, you need to rest."

 

From the hallway, she heard barking sounds and quickly recognized the cry outs of her dog. Sitting up, she looked at G.O and as he looked back, he knew what she wanted. He walked out of his room only to comeback, seconds later, with her dog who ran and jumped on the bed, his cries dying down.

 

"We'll leave you alone. You should rest for a little bit, we'll comeback later."

 

G.O walks closer and leans in, placing a kiss on the top of her head. She looks at both of them walking further away and closed the door behind. She lies back down with a heavy breath escaping her lips as she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes. She turned around and found her pet lying next to her.

 

"Come here boy. Sorry for this morning."

 

She his head and brought him closer, placing her arm around him, the tip of his nose tickling hers.

 

"Balto… I'm scared"

 

 

Back at the office, the two boys were back waiting to see what would happen next. They looked back at their boss who was leaning against his desk, rubbing his temple, with a frown on his face.

 

"Hyung, there's something I don't understand… Are you two really related?" G.O looked at him with a frown on his face, feeling like there is something missing to the puzzle that was surrounding Seonyul.

 

"Yes."

 

From both of the boys, Mir was the first one to snap out of the shock, trying to comprehend what his boss was trying to do by not informing them of a vital information. "Why didn't you tell us?"

 

"Because nobody was supposed to know. Her parents were in the same business as us, but when her mother got pregnant, they both quit and changed their identities, so they can have a normal life. Her father became a doctor and her mother has her own business line."

 

"And where do you come in the picture?"

 

"Her mother is my younger sister. After she gave up that lifestyle, I was the only one of the family line to continue it since our father passed out the business to both of us. I was there when she was much younger, during special occasion and what not but when she grew up, we just pretended that I left town or something. People were getting suspicious so we had to break ties."

 

"Oh…"

 

"And from what she found out, she didn't knew any of that?" G.O crosses his arms over his chest, slowly pulling all the piece of information together as he went back to think about Seonyul's reaction to everything that just happened earlier.

 

"No. From what happened this morning, they must have found out about her, which is not good. She'll stay here until we sort everything out. You'll both keep a special eye on her."

 

"Do you know why they are after her?"

 

"No… But I guess we'll find out soon enough"

 

"What will they found out soon?" They turned around and saw that Seonyul was standing at the door, tightly hugging herself. She slowly walked towards the three of them, until G.O walked through the other half of the room, joining her. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I couldn't sleep… I can't sleep. I want to know what else you're hiding from me. I have the right to know…" At those words, she kept her gaze on Ji-Hoon expecting nothing else but the truth.

 

"I guess I have to take it back from the top?"

 

"Looks like it."

 

"Boys, you can leave us. We have a little catching up to do. Go find the others to let them know about her stay"

 

"My stay?"

 

 

Next: Change Is Going To Come


A/N: Sooooooooo ? any thoughts? O.O

What do you think is going to happen now?

*whispers* I knooooow, hehe x)

 

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far :)