Change Is Going To Come

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 11

Change Is Going To Come

 

 

 

♦ - Seonyul's POV

 

I can't believe this.

 

My whole life has been nothing but a lie!

 

I'm such a mess right now, I don't know who or what to believe anymore. Knowing that my new friends are gangsters was one thing, but knowing that being who I am was putting my life in danger just because of my parents past is something else to process and it's really hard to do. I should've just accepted that stupid vacation from my mom and none of this would've happened!

 

Damn it!

 

I'm so scared right now.

 

It's been a few days since I found out I was going to be trapped in that house and let me say, it's no vacation! G.O & Mir have tried to lift up my mood, but I'm still mad at them for lying to me.

 

 

 

Maybe I'm too hard on them? I mean it's not that I knew what they did for a living, right? I never really asked…

 

But I have the right to be mad at that stupid uncle of mine. Oh! And my parents, of course!

 

I can't even go to school anymore and I'm bored out of my mind! I'm trying to keep myself from falling apart, but it's just so hard…

 

I really appreciate G.O's help and Mir's too, but it still doesn't change anything.

 

I've been stuck in the same guest bedroom, not having the energy of getting out of bed because I got so depressed simply thinking that some people outside the house wanted me dead…

 

I can barely sleep at night and I've barely been eating anything. The stress is getting to me and I don't know what to do.

 

I can't talk to my parents; I can't talk to either G.O or Mir, since they are both involved; forget about talking to Cheondung and my uncle! I don't even have a single friend, except for that Simon guy, but then again, he's just a classmate so he doesn't really count.

 

 

 

Today is just another day where I get to do nothing but mope around. Even my freaking dog is having a better time than me!

 

Okay that's it. I'm going out! I don't care who stops me, I need air!

 

 

She was standing in front of the window looking at the view of the garden while the snow was quietly falling. She heard a knock on the door and turned around only to find G.O standing there, holding a coat in his hand. "Hi…"

 

"Hi."

 

She turned back to the window while G.O stepped closer to her, placing the coat in front of her. She looked down and back up at him, not really caring what he was trying to do. He sighed in defeat and placed the coat on her shoulders. "What are you doing?"

 

"You can't keep on wearing my clothes, you know that, right?"

 

"So?"

 

"We can't risk going back to your place, in case they are still there or did something that could harm you so I'm bringing you shopping."

 

"Aren't you afraid I might escape if we go out?"

 

"Not at all"

 

Standing behind her, he helps her put on the coat and once she zipped it up, he turns her around so he could face her and gently wraps the scarf around her neck. All she does is looking at him, her eyes ready to let out her tears knowing that she was hard on him and feels guilty about it. He's helping her and she wasn't even nice enough to say a simple thank you.

 

He looks at her and sees that she was about to cry. Her first tears escape making him wipe them away as he brought his hands to cup her cheek. He didn't know the reason for her tears but hearing her apologize broke his heart. "I'm sorry"

 

"Why? You did nothing wrong"

 

"You were trying to help me and I just pushed you away"

 

"Are you crying because of that?"

 

"Yes"

 

He chuckles at her response and wraps his arms around her, holding her tight. She lets herself stay like this, his lips against her forehead as he placed another small kiss.

 

His gesture made her feel safe, despite the craziness of the past couple of days. She knew he was trying to make her feel better and even though she felt bitter, she was thankful that he didn't give up on her. She couldn't hate him anymore, he was there and that's all she needed.

 

"How about we make it a day of it?"

 

"I'd love too"

 

 

The day went by pretty fast and they were back at the mansion. For the first time in days, G.O was able to put a smile on her face and he couldn't be any happier. With the rest of the boys being on the lock out, having a stressful atmosphere, it was nice to at least see a happy face on someone.

 

Reaching her bedroom after a long flight of stairs, they placed all of the shopping bags on her bed, revealing that the day was over. She turns around and thank him, having to show him her smile for the first time in a while.

 

"It was my pleasure"

 

They heard a knock on the door and turned around to find Cheondung leaning against the door with an amused look on his face. He stepped closer to the two informing that G.O was needed in the office. With an annoyed look on his face, he reluctantly walked away leaving a confused Seonyul in front of Cheondung. "Hi…"

 

"How are you feeling?"

 

"Hmm, I'm okay I guess..."

 

"Good." A subtle smirk across his lips, he comfortably walks to the bed, grazing over the bags as he took a peek at what was inside of them, while she was standing behind looking at him completely dumbfounded. "Is everything okay?"

 

"Sure, why not?"

 

"You're acting weird… more than usual"

 

"I don't really see any difference, I'm just curious to see what you got in those bags."

 

"Clothes. That's all."

 

He turns around and walks to her, standing close to her as she looked up to stare at him in the eyes. Just like the previous time, there was something in those eyes that made the tingling sensation in her stomach flip all over the place. The sad look wasn't there but there was a hint of something else, something that she couldn't put into words. It bothered her but still, she couldn't look away. She could feel the heat creeping up on her cheeks by the way he wouldn't look away and he was amused by her reaction. He his lips and let a smirk appear on his face which made the blush more visible, taking her by surprise.

 

"I-I got to g-go"

 

She ran off, leaving him alone in her room.

 

Despite the reason of her stay with how everything turned out, he was glad that she was stuck here.

 

 

Everything is going to change now.

 

 

"Where did Seonya go?" He turned around and found G.O suspiciously looking back at him, as if he did something wrong. He was closely walking towards his older brother, not giving a care in the world about his reaction.

 

"She didn't say."

 

"Did you do something to her?"

 

"No"

 

He lightly pushed G.O by his shoulder, getting out of the way so he could leave the room. With their backs facing each other, Cheondung stopped in his tracks and cracked a bitter chuckle hearing the words coming out of his friends mouth.

 

"You better stay away from her. She doesn't need your crap right now"

 

"Or what?"

 

"I know how you've been looking at her. Don't you dare try anything on her or I'm going to be the one hurting you"

 

"Like I care anyways."

 

Not giving him the chance to respond, he simply walked away, his mind filled with the one thing that would amuse him, a way to purely enjoy his distraction. 

 

 

Next: Peek-a-boo