Follow Me - Pt. II

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 8

Follow Me - Pt. II

 

 

 

 

Seonyul was done with her day at school. 

 

It was the late in the afternoon and she finally got the reply she waited for.

 

With a smile on her face, content from the answer she earlier received, she walked to her car, heading back to her place to prepare for her night.

 

Still without her knowledge, two cars has been discretely following her back home.

 

 

 

Later in the afternoon, once she reached her place, Seonyul was in the attic with a paint brush in her hand, standing in front of a white canvas. With her mind filled with different shades of colors, she let herself go, having her brush fill in the white space while her focus was put elsewhere.

 

On him yet again.

 

And as her thoughts grew, so the colors became more cold, showing something darker that she has ever painted. The warm colors she usually uses where out of the picture only to be replaced by a sense of chaos diving through the sea storm that she portrayed with the endless shades of blue and grey, cold colors that were representing his cold heart.

 

 

Little did she know that her work of art was portraying a sorrowful and betrayed heart.

 

 

She snapped out of her daze when she heard her phone ring. She picked it up and looked at the time, noticing that it was time that she gets dressed since the exposition was starting in about an hour and a half. She leaves everything behind and goes downstairs to her room picking up what to wear and heads to the bathroom where she starts to prepare herself for a colorful night.

 

 

One by one, people were entering the open studio, discovering the various art forms surrounding the white wide open room. From painting to sculptures, the art attracted the people's attention and especially one in particular.

 

 

She finally arrived and like every guest, she walked in the building and was greeted by her teacher and the artist himself. For a few minutes, the three of them talked as her teacher complimented Seonyul as one of her best student in her class explaining to the man about her recent work. While the artist was expressing his desire to see some of her it as well as giving her an opportunity to make her part of his artistic world, two new guests made their way inside the building.

 

Dressed in classy clothes, they slowly walked inside, looking for the person who invited them. Though her back was facing the older of the two, he recognized Seonyul and swiftly walked to her. She was still in discussion when he gently placed his hand on her shoulder, making her slightly jump. She turned around and smiled when she saw her new friend arrived. She hugs him as she greeted him and turning back to her teacher and the artist, he greets himself to the two strangers.

 

"This is Byunghee, a friend of mine"

 

"Another potential artist?"

 

"Hmm, he's more of an admirer"

 

"It's nice to meet you." He lightly bows in front of the teacher and the artist, leaving a gentle smile across his lips. 

 

With a last salutation, the small group part ways as the teacher and her friend headed to greet the other guests. Seonyul turned back to G.O and hugged him again, thanking him for coming tonight.

 

"I hope it's okay, he wanted to tag along"

 

"Mir?"

 

At that moment, the unexpected someone appeared next to his friend taking Seonyul by complete surprise. The sudden beat of her heart increased to a faster pace; sudden nervousness started within her body as her eyes couldn't stop staring at him while he gave her the same gaze from the night a few of days ago.  The moment of silence between the three of them was broken by G.O who noticed the little tension that was slowly rising, suddenly regretting bringing Cheondung with him when he asked to join earlier this afternoon.

 

"Hmm, so why don't you show us around?"

 

"Huh? Oh, y-yes, sure."

 

"I'm going to get a drink." A quick glance around and Cheondung saw the mini bar further away from the room, heading towards there without a second thought to the two others.

 

Leaving them both, Seonyul looked back at G.O with a confused expression on her face. She was glad G.O was able to make it but didn't understand, from all the people he knew, why he was the one her friend brought. Her previous thoughts about Cheondung haven't changed and neither has her thoughts about the way he coldly acted towards her.

 

"Hmm, G.O? What is he doing here?"

 

"Oh, don't mind him. He just wanted to tag along"

 

"Oh…"

 

"Come on, I want to see why you invited me here." He chuckles and comfortably places his arm around her shoulders and they both headed towards the crowd, officially starting their night of laughter and admiration.

 

 

Through her night, Seonyul was enjoying her night with G.O as they had their fun looking at the exposition while having their drinks. G.O could see the passion twinkling in Seonyul's eyes every time he would glance at her or even hear her speak. He could see that she was completely blown away, her eyes examining every inch of the art that was hanging gloriously on the wall. He was amused watching her like this, his thoughts drifting to the time where she showed him her work of art in her attic.

 

From afar, several pair of eyes were looking at them. From them all, jealousy was the one that made its way through. Slowly walking towards his friend, Cheondung swiftly stood next to Seonyul, founding herself between the two boys. The scenery may have changed, but her eyes were still glued on the painting, taking in the harmony the colors were creating.

 

"Really? That is art?"

 

His comment brought her out of her daze as she looked down in embarrassment. Just then, she hears G.O bitterly replying back to him, annoyed seeing her mood brought down because of his friend.

 

"Keep your comment to yourself, will you?"

 

"Whatever"

 

He takes another sip from his drink and walks away. She lifts her head back up and looks at him as he made his way outside. She lets out a deep sigh, completely defeated by the sudden change in her mood. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked to the other side to see G.O giving her a reassuring smile to where she smiles back at him.

 

"He's not worth it, forget about him"

 

"Sure"

 

From where they were, they moved on to the next exposed piece, a peculiar sculpture. At that moment, G.O's phone was starting to ring signaling that someone was contacting him. He excused himself to Seonyul and headed outside to answer his call. As he did, Seonyul was now left alone in a sea of people that were actually enjoying their night. She timidly looks around noticing the smiles and laughs of the multiple strangers while she kept wandering around to no where specific. Unconscious about her where about, she found herself standing in front of a painting she already saw earlier this evening. Her thoughts wandered on the canvas hanging on the wall until they were interrupted by a stranger's voice making her slightly jump.

 

She turned around and saw an unfamiliar figure smiling at her. She smiled back and bowed in front of the stranger, greeting him. She didn't pay attention about his looks since she still had her mind preoccupied with other things while he, on the other hand, was carefully observing her. And this, since she walked inside the building.

 

Sneaky agenda up his sleeves and with a quick goodbye greeting, he stepped away from her, leaving Seonyul standing alone in front of the painting once again.

 

"Who was that?"

 

Hearing his sudden voice, she quickly turns around to find G.O standing behind her, having the same look from the night he danced with her at the party: a concerned and hateful look.

 

"I don't know, I didn't catch his name, why?"

 

"Nothing… Give me one second, I'll be right back."

 

 

"You stay the hell away from her!"

 

Threatening words coming out of his mouth, G.O finally cornered the stranger that was talking to Seonyul just a few minutes ago.

 

He was heading out of the building and quickly followed him. As he did, he roughly grabbed onto his arm and pushed him away, until his back landed on the brick wall on the side of the building, away from the public. He never thought he was going to encounter one of them here, but what made it worse was he knew that it wasn't by coincidence. They've been following her ever since that day at the park and he was afraid that something might happen. He could feel it.

 

"And what if I don't?"

 

"You'll have to answer to me"

 

"Oh~ The almighty Jung Byunghee! So scary!"

 

As a warning and out of hate, G.O swings his fist against the man's face, hard enough to make him stumble backwards and falls on the ground. The man curses and gets off, dusting the dirt off his clothes. He bitterly chuckles at G.O's expression and without a word, walks away. Before being completely out of sight, he turns around, walking backwards, and shouts his last words ending up with a laugh, making G.O fume in anger.

 

"You can't stop me G.O! If you ever try something, I'll kill her with my bare hands!"

 

"Damn it!"

 

He walks back inside, his anger slowly fading away but soon reappears when he spots Cheondung flirting away with Seonyul who was brightly smiling and laughing at whatever he was saying. With a deep breath to calm his nerves down, he walks over there, cutting the conversation short when Seonyul sees him from the corner of her eyes.

 

"Finally, you're back"

 

"Sorry about that"

 

"It's okay, I had him to keep me company"

 

"Very good company." The sly look on Cheondung's face, along with his smirk, luckily passed unoticed to her as she focused more on G.O, noticing a certain change in him since the beginning of the night.

 

"Are you okay? You don't seem to be feeling well"

 

"Hmm, yea I guess I'm just starting to feel a little bit tired"

 

"Oh, well we can leave if you want"

 

"Sounds good to me!" Cheondung lead the way to the main entrance, leaving the two others behind him as he couldn't be more happier to get of the building, pretty satisfied with his night by her side.

 

 

 


A/N: for the interested new tumblr blog by me :)

winter's misguided dreamer