Her Escape

Hello Cold World II: The Colors Of Thunder

Chapter 31

Her Escape

 

 

 

From the neck, he slid down to her collarbone, letting his tongue taste the flavor of her skin. She whimpered under his grip, trying to break free, but he only put more pressure as he pressed his body further against hers. The sudden click of the door made him back away, dragging Seonyul with him as he held her by her arm, forcefully imprinting his fingers on her skin. The door opened to reveal another man, who seemed to be a friend of Simon. "Finally, Daniel, I thought you'd never come!"

 

"Were you having fun without me?" He chuckled at the sight he was having in front of him, seeing a frightened Seonyul weakly standing up. "Barely, she's just being a brat so I'm giving her a small behavior lesson." The tone of his voice, made her body tremble more as shivers were rushing up and down her spine. "What about them? Do they know she's here?"

 

"They probably know by now that she isn't in her room, but it will be a long shot if they found out where we are exactly." The smirk appearing across his face was showing satisfaction for how things were turning out.

 

"So, where were we?" He turned back to face her while she backed away, not ready for whatever was going to come. She kept praying in her mind that they boys will come soon enough to save her and get her away from the nightmare she was living.

 

She steps further away from them as she looked around trying to find an escape, but from the bleeding leg, she simply falls on the floor, giving up. "I guess if we have to prevent you from running away once again, you'll have to get more cuts like these… Unless you understand what's at stake here." She looks up, her eyes shimmering from early tears, the shakiness of her body taking over her muscles. She dragged herself further away as she saw them approach towards her. Her back softly hit the chair and she grabbed onto it, lifting herself up. Not letting go, she lifts the object up in the air and swings it across both of them, crashing it straight to their chests. The wooden chair barely breaks, but their moods turns into anger as they rushed to her. Simon takes the lead as he hits her right in the eye, making her fall back to the ground, a painful groan escaping through her cracked voice, feeling the impact of her wounds hit the floor.

 

"What do you want to do with her Daniel?"

 

"Hmm… It is a tricky question. The Boss wants her alive, but he never said that we couldn't have a fun of our own in the meantime, what do you think?"

 

"It does sound tempting…"

 

"How about we let them know just how much fun we're going to have." By the tone of his voice, she knew exactly of who he was talking about. While Simon took out his phone, the other one grabbed onto Seonyul, forcefully placing his hand over to shut her up. She struggled to get out only to have her stitches further open, making her focus on the sudden pain that was rushing through her weak body. Feeling weakness overcoming her, she let herself fall into Daniel's chest as he backed up to the wall behind him, and slid back on the floor. She was silently crying as she heard G.O's voice through the speaker phone while he was having his argument with Simon. She knew that if she was going to scream, or simply call out to him, her condition will worsen, barely leaving her in a healthy state anymore.

 

She closed her eyes, letting the tears stain her cheeks, as they were getting paler by the minute, making any sign of color disappear on its own. 

 

 

Her figure stuck against the wall, lightly shaken from the fear of getting hit once again. The bitten bruise on her neck was forming as well as her black eye and other spot on her body along with a split lip. The wound from her thigh was covered with a sleeve from her gown, trying to stop the bleeding at its best while the open stitches from her stomach was covered from the hem of that same gown, wrapping it around her waist. The loss of blood made her look pale and weak along with the drops of sweats that were escaping her forehead from the heat and the exhaustion that required her energy.

 

With her legs brought up to her chest, she was cornered by Simon who was standing in front of her, the smug smirk painted across his lips, satisfied with her newly state. He just finished talking with her saviors and was content at the reaction he got from stirring up further trouble between the two camps.

 

All she knew right now was that the boys were looking for her and that there was only Simon that was here along with another man that came a couple of hours ago. He called himself 'Daniel' and despite finding him good looking, he was as horrible as Simon was.

 

"Get up"

 

She didn't budge from her position only making her attacker irritated as he grabbed her by her hair, earning a little scream from her broken voice and pushed her further against the wall as he held his hand on her neck, strangling her. She quickly grabbed onto his arm, constantly hitting it in the hopes he would back off. He was putting pressure on her open cut, making the pain more worse than what she was already feeling from all over her body. She kicked his leg, making him let go of his grip and pushed him out of the way so she could reach the door and get out. As she opened the door, Daniel was standing in front of her, suddenly realizing that she was trying to escape. She did the same thing by kicking right in the stomach and ran for it, not caring for both of them, who were now running after her.

 

Once she reached the first floor, she ran straight to the main entrance of the building, hoping that once she hits the streets, she'll be safe.

 

Only when she opens the door, she realizes that it wasn't the hospital where she was admitted a couple of days ago. She looked from left to right, trying to figure out where she was exactly only to see a few black cars parked in front with several men in suits looking straight at her. She backed away only to hit her back straight into Simon who was innocently standing there, letting her fear get the best of her. She pushed him aside and ran back inside, trying to find a place to hide, giving her boys a chance to find her before things gets worse.

 

"Are you going to let her go like just like that?" One of the suited men walked towards the attacker, baffled to see that his friend wasn't doing anything. He looked back the stranger and let his smirk speak for itself. He finally got the drift and simply nodded, amused to see what the other had in store for her. "Don't worry. She's weak. And plus, its not like they know where we are. In the meantime, let her wander like that, she'll get tired and will find a place to rest. We'll play hide and seek later."

 

She could barely properly run away as she kept stumbling along the way. Besides the wounds from her neck and the one from her stomach, the one on her leg was killing her the most, seeing as she was using the pressure to walk away and hide. There was only panic striking inside her heart as she kept looking around for something that could save her. She reached up to the counter at the reception where load of papers were thrown everywhere. She looked around for a phone and once she found it, she grabbed onto it, ready to dial up a number, only to see that the line was cut off, preventing her from getting through. She threw it away and made her way to the elevator and hastily pressed on the button. The light that would usually indicate the elevator was doing its work was no where showing the sign she needed to get in and climb either up or down the building. Losing patience, she walked away and went straight to the first room she saw, running to the windows. Once she slid them open, she looked down to see how high it was, hoping that she could jump and escape through the streets. The only problem was the presence of the suited men she saw earlier, making her curse at her own unlucky situation.

 

She backed away and slid down, feeling the numbness slowly overtaking her leg. She took several deep breaths before having the energy of lifting herself back up and walking out of the room heading towards another wing of the hospital in hopes to find another phone to use.

 

The sudden sound of the intercom of the hospital made her jump as she clutched onto her chest, catching her breath and looked up to where the device was hanging up on the wall.

 

"This is a message for you my dear. Outside the building are at least fifteen men ready to start their seeking game. Once one of them will find you, without any mercy, they will drag you to me and I will gladly do anything to make you completely bleed out. You have thirty seconds to hide. Once the time is up, the game is on. May the odds forever be in your favor, little one…

 

 

 

 

 

on second thought… I guess we'll start out little game of hide and seek right now."

 

The sudden sound of gun shots echoed through to her, making her fear grow as she did her best to run despite her bruised leg. Reaching the end of the first floor, she got cornered by three men, all of them as big as the other and slight as evil looking. She backed away slowly but stumbled and fell, only to have her leg grabbed onto and dragged to them. Screaming for help, her palms were facing the dirty floors trying to grab onto something. Once she was close enough, she kicked her attacker with her other foot giving her the advantage of running away again. Finding a secluded place, she looked for anything that could help her distract them, the time she could find another exit to run to.

 

Several fired shots reached, barely inches away from her, hitting the wall where she was leaning and let a quick scream out of shock form the sudden intrusion. She pushed herself out of the way only to fall back down, feeling something wet on her right arm, right under her shoulder. Placing her left hand over it, she looked down to see blood dripping out, making her groan at the sight while ripping another part of her gown to stop the bleeding. She heard some voices shouting to each other, informing her that they were still looking for her and they were getting pretty close.

 

"I'm… I'm so tired, damn it"

 

Holding herself up against the wall. She leans her back further against it, irregular breaths coming out of her dried and bruised lips. She looked around and her eyes landed on something red against the wall across the hallway. She tried squinting her eyes to have a better view but it only made her vision blurry, trying to grasp whatever energy there was left to lift her arms, using her hands to rub her eyes, leaving light blood stain across her face.

 

Hearing the shouting getting closer, she ran to the red device and once she crashes her body against he wall, she gasps out her contentment finally seeing what will help for distraction. She grabs onto the fire alarm and lifts it down, letting the sprinklers up in the ceiling water the whole building. As her cue, she heard the men's voice getting louder and yelling out their anger to what just happened.

 

From where she was, she found the door that lead to the staircase and used this chance to run away from the people that were after her. She was so focused on finding a way out, she didn't think of erasing the traces of blood she left coming from her open wounds, giving them the chance to retrace her steps making the task to capture her much more easier.

 

Just like the others, she was soaking wet. The pain coming from her bruises were taking a toll on her speed as she used the support from the walls so she could stand straight. The bullet resting in the muscles of her arm was making her uncomfortable, suddenly feeling that something was wrong with it. She untied the piece of clothing only to see a dark bruise around the little whole where lied that same bullet.

 

Barely grazing over it, she hissed for the pain and looked back up, a tear falling on her stained cheek. She took one deep breath and as she tightly held onto the cloth, she continued to walk through the stairs, making her way to the top of the building and into the furthest of the hospital wing.

 

Feeling like it took her forever to finally reach the last floor, she found herself standing in a place with nothing but destroyed boxes, papers, broken wires and various other things that were randomly thrown in the middle of the way. Because of the sprinklers, the floor was almost flooded, making her step into a pool of dirty water arriving at her ankle and where the blood coming from her left thigh was dripping, creating a red trail within her path.

 

She suddenly stopped as she heard foot steps echoing through the floor. She was about to run when the cynical voice of her ex-classmates was heard through her ears, sending shivers all over her body. Fear struck up in her eyes, quickening her steps to get away and hide as fast as possible, trying her best to ignore the pain that was traveling in her entire body.

 

"Oh Seonyul-ah, you're making it so easy for me to find you!"

 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

 

"Why do that when I'm having so much fun?!"

 

She was losing her breath and suddenly fell on the floor since her vision was starting to get blurry and she was slowly starting to feel dizzy. Her stomach was turning upside down and she couldn't keep it down any longer, she found a random box and simply threw up in there, until all that was left was her saliva.

 

"Oh dear! What is happening to you? Are you falling sick?" From the tone of his mockery, she knew that he was coming closer. Despite her instincts that were telling her to run, she had no strength left and simply laid down, letting the water cover the side of her body as she closed her eyes. In that small moment of peace, images flashed through her mind, reminding her of the days where all she had to worry about was him. Moments with G.O and Mir, or even with her family were pounding in her head, the tears becoming more constant as she simply wanted to go back to those memories.

 

"There you are… Sleeping already? The day isn't even over yet!"

 

She opened her eyes only to be pulled by her collar towards Simon with that same smirk plastered across his lips. The box was next to her and she slowly reached out to it, grabbing onto the edge and throwing it directly on him, the content spilling everywhere on his upper body. He violently lets her go, dropping her back on the floor and she took this chance to get up and run, leaving him to yell in rage to the distasteful state he got himself in.

 

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!"

 

She reaches the end and crashes straight into a room, locking the door behind her. The room was a wreck giving her the chance to find the perfect hiding spot.

 

"You can keep running, but know that you can't hide from me! I'll always find you!"

 

He was on the other side, loudly banging on the door, trying to get in. She looks around for one last time and hides, cornering herself around three walls. The banging stops, making her breathe out of relief but gets cut short when a click gets heard along with the cringing sound of the door opening. From where she was, a shadow was appearing taking slow steps towards her. She held her breath in and pushed her back further against the wall, praying that the shadow would back away and leave.

 

 

Each step was as dreadful as the previous one, making her heart pound so loudly, it was ready to pop out of her chest. Her body was shaking, the fear covering her every sweat. She brought her legs to her chest and hugged herself as she placed her forehead on her knees and tightly shutting her eyes, not wanting to see the shadow approaching. The only problem: he was getting closer.

 

This time, she knew he was standing in front of her. She could feel it. She gripped tighter onto her arms, not ready to look up.

 

The only thing that she heard through the silence was that voice.

 

"Found you"

 

 

Next: Save You