Fishy Roommate

✫ MONSTER ACADEMY ✫
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Home Gallery Wattpad Upvote monsteracademy   "To put it clearly, I'm going to a school filled with monsters?" SEVEN: Fishy Roommate Your day passed uneventful after the incident at the cafeteria. You walked around, got lost a little, dry-cleaned Ice King’s handkerchief, got tired, and decided to retire to your bed to read manhwa. You unconsciously drifted to sleep and dreamt of ramen, then the beach. You and Hye Bin were playing in the water. You awoke from your nap at the sound of splashing water. You heard another splash and you realized that the sound wasn’t just something from your dream but was actually coming from the bathroom. Oh, my roommate must be back. You looked around the room and noticed that it was no different from how it was before you slept. Then you remembered Doctor Jung telling you yesterday that the other students would be back by evening. You put your glasses on and peered through your alarm clock. It was still a little past three in the afternoon. You jolted from your bed and stared nervously at the bathroom door. You contemplated between checking it out yourself or going outside to ask for help. But from whom? You decided to take the first option since you weren’t sure if this was something worth pestering others about. For all you know, you could’ve only left the faucet slightly open and now the tub is overflowing. You tiptoed towards the bathroom and froze when you heard another splash. You were about to open the door but stopped. Wait, what if it’s a ghost? Do ghosts even exist? Well, monsters exist. You took a deep breath and finally decided to open the door. You slowly turned the knob with a trembling hand and peeked inside. It was no ghost. It was no roommate either. Inside the tub was a human-like creature with a tail of a fish. You would have passed it for a mermaid if not for its hideous appearance. Its body was very thin that it practically looked like skin and bones. Its hands were long and webbed. Its cheeks were deflated and it had shiny dark eyes as big as your fists. And the most terrifying of all, was all of its teeth were razor-sharp. “AAAAAAHHHHHHH!” You closed the door with a bang and collapsed on the floor. There was a series of movement inside and the door opened. “AAAAAAAAA –,” you stopped half way from giving another scream when a beautiful young girl appeared from the door. “KYAAAAAAH~!! You’re finally awake!” She squealed and squatted on the floor in front of you. She was still dripping wet with nothing but a towel to cover her. “Song Joo Ri, right? I’m Han Ji Min, you’re roommate,” she said as she held her hand out to you with a very big smile on her face. “A-a…,” you mumbled and hesitantly took her hand. The moment your hands touched hers, she pulled you close and enveloped you in a tight hug. “KYAAAAH~! I’ve been waiting for you to wake up you know! You see my roommate had to change schools so I’ve been alone since the start of this school year and I got excited when they told me I’m finally having a new roommate but they didn’t tell me you were arriving this weekend and I was so shocked to see you when I got back but you were sleeping so I didn’t wake you up,” she said in one breath. “You’re adorable; you look very much like a human! You smell like a human too. I like humans! They’re very cute.” “A-aa…i-inside,” you stuttered, pointing at the bathroom. “Oh, that was me. Did I scare you? Sorry, I couldn’t help transforming into my real form when I’m in the water. I’m a mermaid.” “Mermaid?” “You know, sea creature. Though humans have a big misunderstanding about our appearance. But at least they got the fish part right.” You thought back at the creature you saw in the tub and stared at the beautiful girl in front of you. WHAT THE FREAKING FISH! NO WAY! “So, how old are you? I’m one hundred and twenty three but I go by eighteen when I’m human. Oh wait, I’m dripping wet,” she said as though she had just noticed. “Let’s talk after I get changed, ‘kay?” She went back into the bathroom leaving you dazed with your mouth hanging open. You managed to recover and waited for her by your bed. A few minutes later, she came back out, now fully-clothed. “So, Joo Ri-ya, how old are you?” She asked as she sat beside you. You mentally noted that she was already using endearments on your first meeting. “I’m seventeen.” “Oh, how about your real age?” “Uhm, seventeen?” “Not your human age. I meant your real monster age.” “Well, as far as I know I’ve only lived for seventeen years,” you said. “Really?!” She exclaimed. “Wow! You’re so young! I’m surprised your parents let such a young monster like you stay so far away. Most monster parents I know are usually so protective of their young.” “Well, I guess my parent doesn’t count. My mother is human.” “She is?! Are you a half?” “No. Below quarter.” “Wow. I’ve never seen someone below quarter before. That’s why you look and smell and feel so human because most of you is human,” she said as though she was dividing you into parts. “Oh wait, do you want to talk somewhere else? Let’s go grab something at the cafe. It’s on me,” she said. “Alright.” The both of you went to the café and continued with your conversation along the way. Han Ji Min was one hell of a talking machine, but it didn’t annoy you or anything. In fact, you kind of like her. She was very warm and friendly and you didn’t feel uncomfortable around her at all. “Wow, this stuff is good,” you said as you sipped on the drink she ordered. “Oh, isn’t it? It’s bubble tea. I love this too,” she said as she took a sip from her own cup. “You’re a KPOP fan?” “YES!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter