Library by night…

World of our own

Library by night…

 

Ara checked her watch as the time was passing by. It was only 8.45 PM but she couldn’t take it anymore and went to the meeting place.

SuHo had never given her any evening appointment and the young girl was puzzled.

She wanted it to be a date but she was afraid to realize it wasn’t one. SuHo was more than just decent. He was the best friend Ara never had... Who was she trying to fool; he was way more than a friend… She knew that when she felt alone she just had to hear his voice to feel better, whenever she was down, she just needed the sound of his laugh to smile again. Overall she just needed him in her life to be ok.

Why had he given her this meeting? What did he want to do at the library in such a late hour? She has reached the entrance of the library as she thought by walking. At such a late hour it wasn’t surprising that is was completely dark.

What was more surprising was that the door wasn’t closed but ajar, she could feel a faint air stream brushing through her figure.

What was she supposed to do? Was SuHo going to meet her? Why was the door opened when it should had been closed? Should she go to the late office and tell them that the door was open?

Her curiosity was stronger than everything and she finally decided on entering the building and hiding to surprise SuHo… After all he was already aware of how childish she could be from time to time…

She hid beside the library door while chuckling… and jumped by surprise when two hands were put on her eyes.

“Guess who?”

Ara slightly pouted: SuHo have had the same idea than she did but she softly changed and answered while smiling and teasing…

“Mmmh… I’d say… You!”

“But… Who’s you!”

“Well I’m me… And you’re you!”

“Stop this Ara… Just say my name!”

The girl surrendered while detecting the nervousness in SuHo’s tone.

“SuHo!”

“You won! Yaaaay!”  SuHo’s tone was playful again. But Ara felt that something wasn’t right as she saw SuHo nervously scratching the nape of his neck and then stayed silent.

“So… What’s with the late meeting?”

“I… I just wanted to see you? And since you love books… I just borrowed the key of the library and… Well… I just prepared a game for you!”

“A game? I hope it’s not sports… you know I’m a disaster when it comes to sports!”

“Do you really think I’ll make you do sports on a library silly?” SuHo joked as Ara’s smiled at her foolishness. “It’s more like a treasure hunt…”

“And what will be my reward if I complete it?”

“… You’ll see! Here you go!” SuHo concluded by lending her a note in which there were only numbers.

It would have been gibberish for most of the people they both knew. But SuHo knew that Ara would immediately understand this language: It was about books since there were in a library. The first two numbers were giving her the book, according to the classification, in which she would find a word thanks to another two words: the first one was giving her the page and the second one was giving her the word to copy on her paper.

“I’m just leaving you alone to think…”

“Ok…” Ara had answered without thinking as she was already focused on searching the first book. She couldn’t help but smile when she saw that this was the first book she had even given to SuHo the day they had met.

As she was deciphering the message she could recognize all of the books… Finally, she had the sentences. The message said:

“I know you may not feel the same way, but I can’t ignore my heart longer… I really like you… Would you be my girlfriend?
PS: If you want to know a little more you should check 823.7……..”

Ara’s eyes widened as she finally understood the sentence. She looked for SuHo but he was nowhere to be seen. She didn’t care for that PS, she didn’t want to look for an explanation in a book, she wanted him to be here, next to her, witnessing his true feelings, showing her it wasn’t just a blurred dream…

“Where are you hiding SuHo! I found out what the message meant, I deserve to have my reward!”

“… I’d rather know your answer before coming out… I don’t know if I would be able to face you if you reject me…”

Ara was almost crying. She didn’t want to cry. But somehow it was stronger than her will. Tears were already rolling on her cheeks. But before she could find an answer she felt a warm hand wiping her tears.

“Don’t cry… Why are you even crying?”

“You don’t trust me… you think I will hurt you… And you love me… That’s a lot to bear in just one night…”

SuHo noisily breathed out.

“I’m sorry… It’s just… I just… I trust you… I’m so afraid of what could happen if you don’t accept my confession…”

“Why are you even wondering about that when I’m more than willing to accept your confession and tell you that I love you too…”

“… Is it true?” SuHo had the face of a child on Christmas day receiving his long awaited present.

“Yes it is. I like you. I like you a lot.” Ara said as she cuddled in his arms.

SuHo’s smile widened as he tightened up his grip on Ara’s body.

“… And I’m more than willing to be your girlfriend…” She concluded her voice being muffled on SuHo’s chest as he kissed the top of her head.

 

 


 

So... Here's for today's update... Is it me or this chapter is a little bit longer than usually? I was a little carried away by SuHo's confession... 

For those who wanted to know about the PS... I wanted to quote Jane Austen at first (823.7 is her classification in the Dewey system of classification) and here you go for the quote I wanted to put :

"Will you tell me how long you have loved him."
"It has been coming on so gradually, that I harldy know when it began."  
(from Pride and Prejudice)

 

So... I'm sorry but the temptation was too strong... I'm kind of an Austenaddict doubled with a Kpopaddict^^

 

I hope you like today's update.

Once more I want to thank all of you: Subscrbers, Commenters and Readers. Love you all ♥