Of book and collision…

World of our own

Of book and collision…

 

Ara didn’t felt great. She hadn’t moved from her house and especially her room for days.

In fact, since her meeting with SuHo she had been hiding from the world.

TaeSun hated to see his sister being like that but he had no clue of what he could do to change this. He was too afraid to make things worse by helping her. He had a huge resentment against SuHo but he couldn’t do anything: he was tied up by the promises he had done to his little sister: he hadn’t the right to confront the man who had broken her heart.

She only went out of her bedroom to eat and she barely talked to him… Sure, she wasn’t that much of a talker but still she used to talk a little to him…

TaeSun had to go to his classes so he wrote a quick message and left it on the table in the living room.

Upstairs, Ara was laid on her bed, thinking about her meeting with SuHo for the thousand times. Sure she had tried to think of something else but she had finished her book and she was too afraid to meet him again on her way to the library and being as helpless as she was the first time. Let alone the music that wasn’t helping her: all the songs she used to listen were related to happy or sad love story and in both cases it didn’t help her to forget hers with SuHo…

As she was thinking the doorbell rang. Surely TaeSun had forgotten his keys… While complaining, she went down to unlock the main door so she could see her brother rushing to get his keys.

But Ara was wrong. Sure her brother was forgetful but this time it wasn’t him waiting for her at the door but a delivery man with a package in his hand.  She automatically signed the register not looking at the name of the sender. Maybe it was for her brother?

But when she closed the door she finally realized it was her name that was written on the addressee part. Confused, she ripped off the box only to find her favorite book, Persuasion by Jane Austen. She smiled inwardly as she felt on the couch, beginning to read the book.

**************************************

TaeSun’s classes were over. He was exhausted. The day had been long and the thought of his sister not feeling right really did bother him.

He didn’t focus on his way as he rushed on the street from the college to his house and collided on a young man.

He began to apologize as he raised his head and stopped, his look becoming harsh as he recognized the man in front of him. Why, of all people going to this college, he had to push THIS person?

Trying not to think about this he pictured his sister and remembered the promise he had made to her. He muttered a last apology before walking again but he was held back as SuHo had reached out and was holding him by his arm.

“I know who you are. You’re the guy I’ve seen with Ara the other day…”

“And what would it change for you if I were that guy? I know who you are but you left her.”

“If you who I am you should know that you don’t have a chance. When Ara will have understood that I would do anything to have her back she’ll understand that you mean nothing to her so you better leave already.”

“I will never leave her side. I love Ara. You shouldn’t go around her. You’ve already hurt her. Now it’s enough, just let her go already.”

“I will never let her go. I made a mistake but I’m willing to fix it and you being on my way won’t prevent me from doing it.”

“You know what? I don’t even understand why she is in love with you. You’re such a jerk, so conceited. You really think that you’re better than me.”

“I may not be better than you but I’m definitely better for her than you are.”

“You don’t know anything about me. And you are the one who let her months ago.”

“I did. But I won’t do that again ever.”

“And how could she believe you? You’re such a liar and a coward. I really don’t understand why she loves you. You made her suffer more than you did bring her happiness. Believe me she’s better off without you.”

Until then, SuHo had succeeded at keeping his calm. But it was too much. He somehow knew that this man was right and he couldn’t take it anymore. His anger was taking aver his calm nature and the wolf in him was awakening. Sure he was near a wood but he didn’t want to change. It was way too risky. As he fought against his wolf nature, he could already feel the gray fur growing on his back and the claws growing on his hand. He knew it was too late for him when his red eyes met the horrified look of Ara’s friend.

It was too late. Ara will never accept him that way SuHo thought as a warm tear of self-disappointment formed in his eyes.

He looked a last time at the man’s disgusted face before turning his back and running to the woods.

 

 


 

Yep... Jane Austen's references are back XD sorry but I can't help myself as an Austenaddict... :p

Anyway here is today's chapter and... well... Poor SuHo is going through quite a lot... i mean he doesn't knos that TaeSun is Ara's brother and now his secret is unveiled! Will TaeSun tell it to Ara? ;)

Thank you for reading me. Thanks to my subscribers ♥ and thanks for those taking time to comment... it's always great to have advices from readers :)