Bodyguard

World of our own

Bodyguard

 

TaeSun had gone home only to find his sister reading a book. A book she hadn’t before. A book he hadn’t gifted her.

A book that… beast… may have gifted her… The anger he had felt during his meeting with SuHo was now a true hate for the man who had charmed his sister… Hatred filled his heart as he thought of the man… who was a wolf in reality.

At first he had thought that his senses were playing a bad joke on him. A man couldn’t have fur. A man couldn’t have claws. But then he had seen SuHo face growing longer to become a wolf’s muzzle.

He had never believed in legends and mythical creatures but the sight of one had shattered all his beliefs. If werewolves existed, they surely had some kind of power they used to captivate humans. He couldn’t believe that his sister willingly loved this creature even though he had a feeling that she only knew the man and not the beast in SuHo… But did she even know that SuHo was a werewolf?

“Ara… I’ve a question to ask you…”

“Go on… Ask me whatever you want…” His sister lazily replied as she focused more on the book she had in hand than on her brother…

“How well do you know that SuHo guy?”

At SuHo’s name TaeSun knew he had his sister full attention as she detached her look from the words to look at him puzzled.

“What do you want to know about him? I thought you didn’t care about “the jerk that had left your sister”?”

“It’s true but I have a feeling that he is somehow…”

“… different? Yes he is… Otherwise I will never have fallen for him that hard…”

“What do you mean by… “different”?”

“I mean that I am a bookworm and he was interested by me… And he had succeeded on charming me even though it was only to leave me after…”

“Do you believe in creatures?”

“Look Tae… Don’t worry. I’m not going to go right back at him so just forget what you want to tell me about him… He is not going to be my boyfriend again anytime soon.”

“But he may be your boyfriend someday? You’ll go back at him?”

“I don’t know… If he is willing to give it another try why not…”

TaeSun feared for his sister. She was more in danger than she could have imagined. SuHo seemed far from being tender and calm when he was a beast and he didn’t want his sister to love such a creature.

“Listen to me. I forbid you to go near him. I forbid you to even consider being back with him. You can’t do that to yourself and to me. You’re probably the best thing that had happened to this guy but now it’s over. And don’t you even dare not listening to me. I’ll go with you to you classes and I’ll fetch you when they will be over. Don’t talk to him or to anybody who is around him. Don’t even think about writing messages. You can’t talk with him. He belongs to your past and you’re better off without him.”

“You can’t forbid me anything. Because you’re a year older than I am doesn’t mean you have control over me. I love you and I know that you care about me but you don’t have the right to master who I am with and who I choose to love. You may not like him but you’re not my bodyguard and I don’t remember you being around me the first time so let me alone!”

TaeSun’s eyes widened ad he understood that his sister was already back under the spell of the beast. It was going to be much more difficult than he thought to protect her.

Meanwhile, Ara was back reading her book and she smiled as she understood why SuHo had gifted her this book as she read captain Wentworth letter to Anne and slightly blushed when she realized that SuHo had underlined some parts…

I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine. I can hardly write. I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me. You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature! You do us justice, indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men. Believe it to be most fervent, most undeviating, in

 F. W.    SuHo

 
I must go, uncertain of my fate; but I shall return hither, or follow your party, as soon as possible. A word, a look, will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this evening or never.   

 


I'm so sorry for the late update! I must tell you that on monday and friday I work far from home so I can't update sooner but I'll do my best to post as early as possible!

About the letter, as you probably understood because of the previous chapter, it os taken from Persuasion by Jane Austen (♥) and it's, according to me, probably one of the most wonderful letter ever written...

To summerise, the characters of Persuasion had been in love years ago and they meet again so... Even thought it's not been years for them it's quite Ara and SuHo's situation... ;)

There will be some... action in tomorrows chapter :) I'll let you think about it!^^

♪ Thank you for subscribing, commenting and reading my story ♫ (just imagine me singing that without my awful off tune voice ^^")