Turnover

"The Answer is You"

The man was peeking over his watch for ten times already. He seemed waiting for something. He stood up and went to buy coffee to kill his boredom.

He took his smart phone and enjoyed playing the online games.

About an hour of waiting, a taxi was pulling over. He took a peek to see who came. He smiled.

                “Good morning,” that person said after noticing that man.

                “Good morning! Why are you here?” he replied.

“I’m assigned to supervise the accounting division at our branch office. It doesn’t take too long I think.”

“Ahh… will you be at the same flight with us?”

“I think so.”

Few minutes later, another person came. His face expression was so dark as if there was a dark cloud on his head. He didn’t smile as usual.

His footsteps were slow and lifeless. While dragging his travel bag, he was walking toward the other two.

                “Hyung, what’s up? Have your soul been taken away?”

“Aiisshh… geumanhae Jonghyun-a… I’m not in a mood of fighting you right now” Yonghwa said to Jonghyun whom .

“Hahaha… arasseo…. Anyway, Im Yoona will come together with us. She needs to supervise the accounting division,” Jonghyun hesitantly explained.

“No wonder your eyes sparkling so brightly today… wkwkwkwk,” Yonghwa teased Jonghyun back. He wouldn’t stop if Jonghyun didn’t show him the “stop-it-or-I’ll-kill-you” look on his eyes.

Another reason that caused Yonghwa stopped his teasing was appeared.

She came from far away. Her face was just beautiful as always, just a bit less bright.

His heart was in pain seeing her like that.

“Is she okay? Why does she look unhappy? Her eyes are swelling. Did she cry? Why did she cry? Did that Kyuhyun hurt her?”

Yonghwa can only thought of those questions in his mind, yet he couldn’t spill out anything from his mouth, nor could he say ‘hello’ to Seohyun.

She didn’t say a word to Yonghwa either.

She only greeted Jonghyun and Yoona. Hence, they proceed to board the plane.

Four of them will go to Japan. Yoona, as explained, will supervise the accounting division, while the other three were enhancing their business partnership with Kyuhyun’s company at Japan.

Noticing something wrong with Seohyun and Yonghwa, Yoona talked to Jonghyun silently.

                “Jonghyun ssi, I think we have to do something with both of them,” she told in worried voice.

                “I bet we do, or else, I’m gonna be really uncomfortable around them,” Jonghyun agreed.

They were shaking hands and looking at each other happily.

                “How thoughtful you are,” Jonghyun said to her.

                “She is my friend. That’s what friends are for,” Yoona replied.

“This is my first time talking with you like this. I want to keep close with you. Can I stop the time so that I can see you smile so bright to me? I wish I can keep this moment forever,” Yoona thought to herself.

***

 

 

They never thought that the second day will be this difficult. They had to handle the meeting with five different vendors to consult about the proposals.

And the person who suffered the most was Jonghyun.

Not only became mediator for the vendors, but also for Seohyun and Yonghwa whom completely didn’t communicate to each other.

She called Yoona that night and fortunately she came up with an idea.

They had set up a plan for Yonghwa and Seohyun. It had to be done soon before Jonghyun collapse due to overly tired.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

                “Where are we going Yoona unnie?” Seohyun asked Yoona while they were riding a taxi.

                “We’ve been here for almost a week. Let’s rest a bit. After all, it’s weekend,” Yoona replied.

Jonghyun and Yoona took Yonghwa and Seohyun to the same destination without they noticed.

It was a restaurant at Tokyo rural area, which was silent but romantic.

With so much effort, Jonghyun pushed Yonghwa to stay in the room dining room only with Seohyun. While he and his partner, Yoona, went outside and prayed earnestly for them.

…….

 

Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok

The sound of the clock can be heard clearly in the room due to the silence.

They’ve been thirty minutes in that room, but not a single word heard.

 

Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok

They faced the wall this whole time, still wordless.

 

Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok

               

“Aren’t you hungry?” Yonghwa broke the silence.

 

Seohyun still didn’t reply but she took her chopstick and started having their dinner.

                “Mianhae,” Yonghwa spoke again.

                “I don’t know what to say to you. But I know it’s my fault.”

 

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa’s eyes.

“Last time, when you asked me what answer you should give to Khyuhyun…… I actually really had no idea what to say……. He is perfect man for you…. I think, if it’s him, he will definitely make you happy,” Yonghwa explained.

 

Seohyun put down her chopsticks.

                “Who are you?” Seohyun asked Yonghwa

                “Who are you that you think you know what’s best for me?”

                “How long have you known me that you can decide what’s perfect for me?”

                “You said you will always by my side, but you run away from me.”

 

Seohyun said those lines with low and weak tone.

She was finally burst out to tears as she was about to speak.

                “Don’t you know how much I miss you?”

                “Don’t you know how hurt is it not talking with you?”

 

Yonghwa was completely surprised with Seohyun’s tears.

He walked across the table. Knelt down before her. And hugged her.

               

                “You are so mean…..” Seohyun said in tears while punching Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa just hugged her without another word.

He was just unable to understand this girl and himself.

What he thought perfect for her turned out to be wrong in her eyes.

What he did trying to comfort himself, turned out to be hurting her the most.

 What was behind those tears?

***

 

The next morning at breakfast, Jonghyun was extremely curious about the result of the meeting.

He was almost moved to tears when he saw……….

Yonghwa and Seohyun sat on far different table.

The most east and the most west table were occupied by them personally.

He asked Yoona what happened but she didn’t know either.

 

                “Seohyunie, what happened last night?”

                “Ahh unnie, gwaenchanhayo…. Everything turns out well,” she replied..

                “Jeongmalyo?? Then why do you still sit apart?” Yoona asked confusingly.

                “I have made up my mind,” Seohyun replied briefly.

Her words were still mystery. Nobody knew what was in her mind.

 

On the other side, Jonghyun tried to confirm Yonghwa about last night.

                “Hyung….. tell me”

                “What??”

                “Anything...”

“Nothing happened. She was angry to me. She cried. I apologized. She didn’t say anything else. End of the story. I don’t know what will happen.” Yonghwa replied briefly.

“Igemwoya hyung????? Aiissshhhh….. Don’t tell me I have to suffer longer because of your childish act….” Jonghyun said to Yonghwa.

 

What has Seohyun made up in her mind?

What will happen to Seohyun and Yonghwa silence treatment? Will it continue? Will it stop?

While on the other side, Jonghyun and Yoona’s relationship was getting better.

A turnover will be happen at Japan.