At Chansung's Birthday Party

"The Answer is You"

 

 

Yonghwa parked his car at the parking lot along with all other cars. He stepped out from the car followed by Jonghyun and Jungshin who brought flower and gift on their hands.

At that day, the appreciated the invitation from Taeyon to celebrate Chansung’s birthday at their house.

They entered the house and welcomed by Taeyon with bright smile. Taeyon escorted them inside to meet the others.

Sukjin and Chansung’s father were talking about the Korean Heritage dance competition that will be held soon. While Jaesuk was dancing together with Haha and Gary in front of female employees. 

On the other hand, Yonghwa explored all the rooms to find something, or ‘someone’.

                “Taeyon ssi, where is Seohyun? Is she here?”

                “I think she’ll be right here in any minutes. Just enjoy the party.”

Just like what Taeyon said. Seohyun finally appeared at the door while holding a beautiful red flower for her brother in law.

Yonghwa was ready to approach her when something stopped him.

Seohyun was not alone. She was with Kyuhyun.

That scene caused smile on Yonghwa’s face fade away in seconds. He turned to another room, took something to drink and went stood at the corner silently.

 

-------------------------------

 

While Yonghwa was suffering his loneliness, another person in that party tried to pursue his dream.

                “Yuri-ya, how are you doing?” Kwangsoo asked Yuri in odd Casanova mode.

                “I’m really fine oppa. Thank you for asking. How about you?”

                “Me? Of course I’m fine. Hahahaha”

                “Glad to hear that.”

“Yuri ya, I wanna ask you something. If you happen to have a boyfriend, what is your ideal type?” Kwangsoo bluntly asked Yuri.

“Hahahhahaha….. why suddenly asking something like that? You are so funny oppa….” Yuri laughed.

“Hmm… Ideal type,…..hmm…. Jaesuk oppa?” she said nonchalantly.

“Mwo?? Jaesuk hyung?? Eiiii…. Kojimal…. What is so good about that skinny hyung?” Kwangsoo asked in jealous mode.

“I like someone who can always make me laugh…. And Jaesuk oppa is always funny”

“I can also make you laugh…. I will make you laugh every single day until you will not have time to think of Jaesuk hyung anymore…. I will dance every morning. NO! I will dance every time to cheer you up,” Kwangsoo said to Yuri seriously.

“Hahahahahahahahahahaha” Yuri laughed wholeheartedly.

“See? You laughed already” said proud Kwangsoo.

“I think you’re right. From now on, please make me laugh every day oppa. Hehehe” Yuri bowed to Kwangsoo. “Life is gonna be boring without you, oppa,” Yuri said while showing obscure smile.

 

 

---------------------------------

 

 

About an hour after Yonghwa’s arrival, Minhyuk came to the house together with Yoona. They met at department store and decided to come together.

Minhyuk brought a large orange cake as a gift. Taeyon asked him to go directly to the kitchen to find plate and knife to cut the cake.

Minhyuk entered the luxurious kitchen and had no idea where can he find the tools. He searched every here and there at the kitchen all by himself, when suddenly.......someone smacked a frying pan on his head.

“WHO ARE YOU?????? THIEF??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??? Kyaaaaaaaa” she screamed continuously while kept hitting Minhyuk with the frying pan.

Minhyuk tried to save his life. He was finally able to stop that girl by grabbing her hands.

                “Are you going to kill me? Aiissshhhh…..  My head is bleeding“

                “Kyaaaa…. Oppaaaaaa….Oppaaaaa help me!!!!” She screamed out loud.

Chansung entered the kitchen followed by Taeyon and Yonghwa.

“Oppa…… he is a thief….. he tried to steal something from your kitchen” that girl told Chansung after released herself from Minhyuk.

“Wah….I didn’t want to steal anything. I was looking for knife and plates for the cakes,” Minhyuk explained in anger.

“Aigoo…. This silly girl. He’s not a thief. He’s our guest and you almost break his head,” Taeyon explained.

“This is my fault. She has always played with me. That’s why her attitude doesn’t look like a lady,” Chansung explained while teasing her.

“Oppa….geumanhae….”

“Minhyuk ssi, I’m sorry for my sister’s harsh attitude,” Chansung told Minhyuk. “And you, go take the first aid kit and treat him well,” he told her.

Chansung’s sister treated Minhyuk wound on his head.

                “It’s done.”

                “Sorry for what I have done earlier,” she told Minhyuk while pouting a bit.

                “As long as you don’t kill me the next time we meet, I think it’s ok,” Minhyuk replied.

                “I won’t kill you,” she smiled.

                “Well, I haven’t officially introduced myself. I’m Minhyuk,” he said.

                “I’m Chansung younger sister, Soojung. You can call me Soojung. Nice to meet you”

                “hahaha…. Nice to meet your frying pan first”

Both of them laughed at the kitchen. The misunderstanding about the thief accusation was over.

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

 

Back to the living room, Yonghwa was keeping his eyes for Seohyun. He saw Kyuhyun entered the living room after having a 15-minutes conversation at the terrace with Seohyun. He went at the terrace to talk to Seohyun.

                “Ah oppa… what are you doing here?”

                “Long time no see Seohyun-a” Yonghwa sighed.

                “Hahaha… we meet every day oppa” Seohyun just laughed.

                “I just feel haven’t seen you for so long…… You barely talked to me this week. I just, miss you.”

“Well…. I was always with Kyuhyun oppa this whole week. I miss you too oppa” Seohyun said without looking at Yonghwa

They both said that they missed each other. They were just standing side by side while looking at the orange horizon of the afternoon sky. Seohyun finally broke the silence.

                “Kyuhyun oppa asked me something,” she told Yonghwa.

                “What?” he replied curiously.

                “He asked me to be his girlfriend,” Seohyun said while looking Yonghwa directly at his eyes.

                “Then what did you say?”

“I told him I can’t give the answer right now,” she said still looking at Yonghwa with her clear eyes. “What do you think oppa? What should I say?” she asked him.

Yonghwa couldn’t look at Seohyun anymore. He diverted his gaze to the sky.

Part of me wants you to reject him right away. But how can I be so selfish? How can I hold back your happiness just because I want to have you for me?” Yonghwa spoke in his mind.

He finally gathered his courage and said….

“I think he is a nice guy. I’m sure you will be happy with him,” Yonghwa told Seohyun in fake smile.

“Do you really think that way?” Seohyun replied back with a bit sad face.

“Won’t you miss me even more if I accept him?”

Yonghwa just stood quietly unable to answer Seohyun’s question. He knew exactly he will miss her.

Seohyun gave up on waiting Yonghwa’s answer. She went to the living room followed by Yonghwa. They enjoyed the rest of the party with untold story of their minds.

 


 

 

this chapter is full of uncertainty.

nothing going so smooth in a relationship..

Yonghwa needs to climb the mountains.

What will happen next?