The Partial Truth

"The Answer is You"

Busan

The Next Morning

 

“Thank you so much for your cooperation. We are looking forward for your great performance. And sent my regard for Seo sajangnim.”

“You’re most welcome, sir,” he replied in full manner.

“I should be leaving now, then. I have to go directly to another place for a dinner reservation,” that wise middle-aged man said while looking at his wrist watch.

“Please be careful sir.”

 

The signing of contract among the two companies ran smoothly. It took less than an hour to finish everything. All the documents were fully prepared by Yonghwa with the assistance of Seohyun and Jonghyun since that morning.

 

After the scene at the beach last night, Yonghwa tried to act normal to both of them, and otherwise. He talked to them as usual, smiled as usual, and was being playful as usual. He assumed they couldn’t read what was in his mind; or could they?

Too bad Jonghyun had known him for years that he ninety-percent could smell something behind his hyung’s too usual behavior. He just didn’t tell him yet. After the contract signing, he talked to Yonghwa.

 

“Hyung, let’s hang out, three of us. You know, we’ll be back to Seoul tomorrow. We need to take Seohyunie for a short trip at Busan.”

Seohyunie?? Since when did you call her Seohyunie?” Yonghwa said in his mind. “Okay then, just wait at the lobby. I’ll take the car,” he replied nonchalantly.

 

Yonghwa was heading to the basement to take the car left two of them. They packed up their stuffs and headed to the lobby.

 

“That hyung is acting weird, don’t you think so?” Jonghyun asked Seohyun while pressing the button.

“I know you can see it too, oppa. He’s been extremely weird since this morning.”

“I guess he ate stale food this morning….hahhaha” Jonghyun laughed imagining Yonghwa’s face.

“Hahaha…. And…and… he’s having constipation right now…hahha” she also laughed out loud.

 

They continuously shared laugh until they reached the front lobby. And once again Yonghwa came just not in a very good time. He witnessed them laughed together with his own eyes which made him feel more awkward to talk to them.

Anyway, they started their short Busan trip with Yonghwa as driver and Jonghyun as tour guide. They went to some places, took pictures, bought souvenirs for Seohyun’s house, tasted light snacks, and others. As the sun set at the sea, the sky went dark and their stomachs were growling for more than light snacks. They went to one of Jonghyun’s and Yonghwa’s favorite restaurants at Busan. They ate happily (Yonghwa probably was an exception) accompanied by bottles of soju. Seohyun dared to try soju for the first time; she enjoyed it, really. But anyone could see that she didn’t get along well with alcohol. She was really drunk.

 

              “Oppaaa….take this… aaaaaaa” she said while offering food for Yonghwa in drunk state.

              “Yaaa… Seo JooHyun,geumanhae” he replied but still opened his mouth.

“Oppaaaa…you have to eat many….many….food… so you can live healthily. Ahraso?” she stared at Yonghwa still in drunk state.

 

She took Yonghwa’s hand, straighten his pinky, and crossing it with hers.

 

“You promise me now…. We have to die together… okay? We have to die….,” before she finished her sentence nor heard Yonghwa’s promise, she already fallen asleep.

 

“Ah this kid… she is really drunk, hyung. First time see her like that. Hahaha,” Jonghyun told Yonghwa.

“Jonghyun-a….”

“Hmm? Wae hyung”

 

Yonghwa was hesitant to talk about that with Jonghyun. But he decided to talk about it before his head getting more and more hurt. Which actually not only his head but his heart as well.

 

             “I saw you and Seohyun yesterday,” he began with simple sentence.

“Of course you saw us. We worked together yesterday,” Jonghyun replied while took another bite.

“Crossing arms,” his replied made Jonghyun stopped.

“Ah…. That was….”

“I also saw you came out from a restaurant and walked at the beach.”

“Were you spying on us hyung? Hehhee” he jokingly replied.

“Please tell me what happen,” Yonghwa lowered his head in embarrassment.

“Hyung… don’t say that…..hahahaha,” he laughed out loud. “Hmm….should I tell you or should I not?” he smirked.

 

Jonghyun delayed a few seconds… well let’s say minutes before answered Yonghwa’s question. What made him hesitant to answer.

 

‘Damn… hyung saw us yesterday. What should I tell him? Seohyun will kill me if I tell him the whole truth. But if I don’t, hyung will kill me right now.”

‘Well, I can fight him over with my judo technique. But is it a necessary?’

‘Yaa… Seohyunie…. Ironaaa… why at this time you drunk…aishh’

‘Calm down Lee Jonghyun. Just tell him part of the truth, not all, otherwise that girl will kill you. You promised her, remember?’

 

Jonghyun kept talking to himself like that for couple of minutes. He distinguished which ‘truth’ that he will tell Yonghwa and which won’t. He finally made up his mind.

 

                “Hyung, what actually happened was different from what you had in mind,” he started.

                “What did I have in mind?” Yonghwa tried to deny.

                “Eiii…You thought I stabbed you from your back, didn’t you?”

                ‘damned…he got me bull’s eye’,” Yonghwa spoke in his mind.

“Seohyun was asking me about Yoona. She was so worried about Yoona and asked for my explanation. I told her that I couldn’t tell the whole story at the office, so we decided to go to the restaurant. That was where I told her everything, including what happened eight years ago,” he explained shortly.

“So….so…. the girl that the aunt mentioned, referred to….,” Yonghwa tried to guess.

“Im Yoona. She was also hearing and joining our conversation, so she said that stuffs. Aigoo,” Jonghyun covered his face with his right palm.

“Ah.. I get it now” he replied with a bride smile on his face.

“But wait….what about the crossing arms? You didn’t explain that.”

“This hyung, jeongmal… is she your wife?” he replied pretended to angry but teased Yonghwa.

“Yesterday she didn’t wear nice shoes. The shoes hurt her feet badly. I just helped her to walk. Didn’t you see how does she walk? Or you just burned in jealousy that time? Hahahaha” again teased Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa didn’t say anything but felt so sorry for suspecting Jonghyun. He should have never doubt his brother. In the end, he got his face reddened that moment due to embarrassment.

 

                “One more thing, hyung. At the beach.” Jonghyun added.

“What kind of man who will not take off his jumper and give it to a girl in that situation. It was really cold back then. I’m sure you will do it as well. We are Busan-namja, right? Gentleman.” Jonghyun said proudly.

“That’s right. I’m sorry Jonghyun-a. Sorry for suspecting you,” Yonghwa said in relief.

“She’s like a little sister to me hyung. She also regards me as her older brother. She never had one, so when we started getting closer, I’m just like a big brother for her,” Jonghyun assured Yonghwa.

“But not you, hyung. You are more than just a brother for her.”

 

What Jonghyun just said explained everything. Yonghwa finally could smile freely while looking at drunk Seohyun.

The two Busan namja finished their meal and took the drunk-Seohyun back to the hotel. They just ended their last night at Busan.

 

 



 

comments are highly appreaciated.

leave many comments when you done reading.

kamsahamnida.

(bow)

FIGHTING!!!