Yonghwa's Confusion

"The Answer is You"

Busan

At The Meeting

 

“Finally, I would like to restate that trusting our company as your business partner in developing this hotel at Busan will be nothing but the most excellent decision in the history of your company. Thank you!”

 

Every participant at the meeting was mesmerized by the presentation brought by Jung Yonghwa, representative from Seo Corporation. They were giving him standing ovation for his excellent yet brilliant presentation to convince the business partner, not to mention his confidence. No wonder they decided to make private meeting the next day to sign the new contract. Yonghwa just hit another jackpot.

 

The meeting just ended and his eyes wondered the presence of someone. Someone who he knew exactly was in the meeting room but suddenly nowhere to be seen.

 

Then, his hawk eyes located Seohyun. She was not too far away. She was about to exit the room---with someone---crossing arms.

 

                “Eiii…. No way….” Yonghwa said unable to believe what he just saw.

 

He ran after them immediately. When he reached the door, he couldn’t deny the fact on his eyes.

 

Seohyun was walking along with a man while crossing each other arm.

 

He recognized the man from behind, but just to make sure, he followed them secretly until they reached the office garden. He hid himself behind the wall to keep an eye on them.

 

That man who sat in front of Seohyun, smiled with the most adorable dimple smile anyone had ever seen; had fair skin and strong figure; wore grey shirt and black tie which made every woman will fall for him in single eye contact.

 

That man was

 

                “Lee Jong Hyun…???”

***

 

 

Busan

Jung House

 

 

Yonghwa was lying at his bed that night. After such long time, he can finally touched his own room at Busan. He was happy. Or, supposed to be happy.

He couldn’t get his mind out of Seohyun and that ‘man’ with her (who was Jonghyun).

 

 

                “Pull yourself together Jung Yonghwa. There’s no way Jonghyun stabbed you from your back”

 

 

That was the exact words he said to himself back at the office that afternoon when he saw Jonghyun and Seohyun.

 

 

                “Pull yourself together Jung Yonghwa. There’s no way Jonghyun stabbed you from your back”

 

 

He kept hiding behind the wall trying to catch their conversation. Too bad, the room was covered with 15mm-thick-glass, so there was no way he could eavesdropped.

 

He decided to sneak in when suddenly…

 

                “Jung Yonghwa ssi….here you are”

               

                “Wenjangnim, ah yes I’m here. May I help you?”

 

“I was really captivated with the proposal you offered through your presentation. That’s why I told my secretary to directly approve your company. Yahh…you’re gonna be big man someday”

 

“Kamsahamnida. I’m really glad with your appreciation for our hard work”

 

“Come on, let’s grab some coffee. I’d like to talk more with you. We can also discuss the detail for tomorrow”

 

“Ah actually…..” Yonghwa was hesitant to go but he had no other choice. “Okay then, let’s go”

 

Finally he failed to figure out more about Jonghyun and Seohyun.

 

Back to his sense, he could hear her mother was calling him from downstairs.

 

                “Yonghwa ya…could you please go to supermarket nearby to by some things for me?”

                “ndeeee” he replied lazily.

 

***

 

 

                “Here’s the change. Kamsahamnida” said the cashier excitedly.

 

Yonghwa just finish buying stuffs on her mother’s list. He also brought some light beer for him to drink.

 

                “You must check your eyes immediately, everything just wrong,” he said to himself.

   

    “Maybe when I wake up tomorrow, I’d realize that it was just a dream,” again said to himself while looking at the beer on his hand.

 

 

He was about to open his second beer when he heard a voice from a small restaurant not too far from where he stood.

 

 

                “Kamsahamnida ahjumoni. The foods were really delicious. Kamsahamnida”

 

                “We’ll visit again if we come to Busan”

 

 

                “Make sure you come again Jonghyun. Don’t forget to bring ‘her’. Okay” the aunt said playfully.

 

 

                “Hahahaha…. I get it, I get it. See you”

 

With his very own eyes, he saw them again. Jonghyun and Seohyun. This time they just finished their dinner at restaurant. One of Yonghwa’s favorite restaurants. The place where he and Jonghyun will visit when they come to Busan.

 

 

“Why in the world they just went by their own? What…what are they doing exactly? Lee Jonghyun…. You are so dead”

 

 

Kept talking to himself, he though again the words the aunt said.

 

 

“And what’s with that “don’t forget to bring her”?? What is her to him? What is Seohyun to him? Arrgg… I’m goin crazy”

 

 

After mentally scolding himself, he didn’t realize he was walking not to the direction to his house, but simply following Jonghyun and Seohyun, while, of course dragging her mother’s stuffs with him.

 

The road Jonghyun and Seohyun took was heading to the beach. They both were walking alongside the beach. It was really dark and cold there, so they didn’t notice the existence of a spy behind them.

 

Yes. He was acting like a real spy. Following them from behind, pretended to be a passerby, tried to record every movement and words. Unfortunately, due to lack of training tools, he failed to hear their conversation (again).

 

Suddenly he felt like swallowing a big rock on his throat when he saw Jonghyun took off his jacket and gave it to Seohyun (leave him with a thin sweater in that cold air).

 

Then he felt his head beaten by a metal baseball bat the moment Seohyun was holding Jonghyun’s arm.

 

 

His world just turned up and down right in front of his eyes.

 

He tried to manage his heart and mind but that wasn’t working.

 

He tried not to be jealous but his heart was burning in jealousy.

 

He tried to be positive thinker, but nothing went right in his head.

 

He didn’t know what to say or to react in front of them tomorrow. His heart was aching in awful pain.

 

 

Why from everyone in the world he had to see Seohyun with Jonghyun. His very best friend.

 

 




 

What is actually happening here??