Competition Heats Up

"The Answer is You"

           

               “You really like her, hyung”

                “What?” Yonghwa said while dropping the papers from his hand.

                “What are you talking about, Jonghyun-a?”

Jonghyun only smiled widely looking at his hyung’s silly act for the whole week. He was really close to Yonghwa since they were originally from Busan. Both of them really understand each other, so there was no way Yonghwa can hide his feelings from Jonghyun.

“You never move your eyes from her even an inch, and now you put the wrong paper again, hehehehe….Hyung…. you are so funny,” Jonghyun said to Yonghwa in front of the photocopy machine.

“Eii… anniyo… Who said I kept looking at Seohyun?” Yonghwa denied while replacing the paper.

“Ow….I never mentioned Seohyun!!! I thought it was Bongsun nuna. So, it’s Seohyun then?” Jonghyun teased Yonghwa.

“Yaa…this kid….. jeongmal….” Yonghwa lost his words in Jonghyun’s trap.

“Yonghwa hyung is in Love,” Jonghyun serenaded his teasing quietly.

“I…..” Yonghwa stuttered. “I don’t understand my feeling right now. I need more time to make sure of everything,” Yonghwa said to Jonghyun.

“I know you will. Fighting!”

Both of them continued their work with the documents since it needs to handed to one of the business partner that will come anytime soon.

                “How about you Jonghyun-a? Im Yoona is waiting for you?” Yonghwa asked Jonghyun.

                “You know exactly why I can’t do that, hyung.” Jonghyun replied.

                “You still cannot forget what happened eight years ago?”

                “How can I ever forgive myself for that? How can I let her love me?” Jonghyun answered quietly.

                “Someday you should tell her…..” Yonghwa said to Jonghyun.

“I think I’m too scared, hyung. I’m afraid she will hate me. I can’t stand the fact that she will hate me. I’m too afraid she will get hurt more than before”

“You never know. Give it a try” Yonghwa said to Jonghyun but he didn’t reply.

Later that day, they spent their work with full spirit and excitement. They didn’t realize the business partner that they were waiting for had arrived at the office and met President Seo.

“Excuse me! Jung Yonghwa ssi, Lee Jonghyun ssi, Seo Joohyun ssi, Seo sajangnim told me to call you to his office to meet the representative of our business partner,” the secretary explained.

“Me too?? Why?” Seohyun asked.

“I don’t know Seohyun ssi. Sajangnim just told me to call you as well,” she replied.

“Aigesumnida. Kamsahamnida. Yonghwa oppa, Jonghyun oppa, Let’s go!”

They entered the president’s office. The representative of business partner was sitting on the sofa.

                “Oh Seohyunie??” said the representative.

                “Kyuhyun oppa?? Jeongmalyo?? Kyuhyun oppa?” Seohyun said while running toward him.

                “Oraenmaneyo Seohyun-a.. You look more beautiful now” Kyuhyun said to Seohyun.

                “Kamsahamnida oppa. Ah, let me introduce them. This is Jung Yonghwa and Lee Jonghyun.”

Yonghwa and Jonghyun bowed and greeted him. Yonghwa whom looked at him with burning eyes didn’t pay attention that Jonghyun was secretly laughing at him.

“Seohyunie, Kyuhyun is now managing his father’s business in Japan and they are our new partner. I hope you can cooperate well. And Kyuhyun, from now on, you will discuss everything about our partnership with Yonghwa and Jonghyun, and of course Seohyun,” said president Seo.

“Aigesumnida Seo sajangnim,” Kyuhyun replied wisely.

“So, why don’t we have lunch together and discuss about our next step. I bet you haven’t had your meal yet?” Kyuhyun proposed.

“Let’s go oppa,” Seohyun replied excitedly.

While they were on their way to leave president office, Jonghyun whispered something to Yonghwa.

                “You’ve just got yourself a COMPETITOR, hyung” emphasized the word.

***

 

The meeting at the restaurant ran so well. Or it can be said “way too smooth.”

They have been there for about an hour and merely discuss about Kyuhyun and Seohyun childhood memories.

Precisely, the conversation belonged to the main character at the story, Kyuhyun and Seohyun.

Meanwhile Yonghwa and Jonghyun ate their meal peacefully. Well, of course Jonghyun enjoyed the meal, he loved to eat so much.

Nevertheless, Yonghwa couldn’t stop showing his fake smile every time he heard the story, when actually it didn’t necessary at all because Kyuhyun and Seohyun never threw their gaze on him or didn’t even care if he paid attention or not.

                “Do you still remember my promise?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked Seohyun.

                “Hmmm… what is it oppa?” Seohyun replied confusedly.

“The promise that I made in front of our elementary school. I promised that someday I will marry you,” Kyuhyun said in romantic tone.

“Ahh… anniyo oppa…. We were just kids” Seohyun blushingly replied while busy looking at Yonghwa’s expression.

“Well, I don’t think it was just a stupid promise. I will make it true someday. I will make you my bride,” Kyuhyun answered firmly.

This conversation went overboard, at least for one person. Yonghwa turned into third wheel position at that table-along with silly Jonghyun.

His blood pressure reached his head that he wanted to jump directly to icy-swimming pool.

When Kyuhyun kept elaborating the lovy-dovey words, someone walked toward them.

                “Hyunnie, what are you doing here?”

“Taeyon unnie. We are having our lunch here….. Ah unnie, do you still remember Kyuhyun oppa?”

“Of course….Cho Kyuhyun. Oraenmaneyo!”

“Oraenmaneyo Taeyonie. You really are a lady now. Very classy,” Kyuhyun praised her.

“Hahaha… enough with the compliment. You, yourself, look really handsome now. If only our Seohyunnie doesn’t have a boyfriend now, we will match her up with you,” Taeyon teased Seohyun and Yonghwa.

“OH?? So, you already had a boyfriend? Who is he?” Kyuhyun asked bluntly at Seohyun.

“She didn’t tell you?? This man right here. Jung Yonghwa. He’s Seohyun’s boyfriend,” Taeyon said while touching Yonghwa’s shoulder gently.

Yonghwa and Seohyun lost their words with this unexpected attack from invincible Taeyon.

They had no choice but to give up and tell the true story of their relationship.

Seohyun felt really wrong toward her sister, on the other side, Yonghwa tried to pull up his spirit coz his soul has gone out of his body.

He was really hesitant to tell Taeyon that he was only fake boyfriend, as if they were told to break up at that very moment.

                “So, you’ve been fooling me this whole time huh?” Taeyon holded her anger.

                “Hehehehehe…. Mianhamnida unnie….. ah unnie…. You look so beautiful when you angry”

                “Geumanhae….. At least you tell me…..” Taeyon finally smiled.

                “That means, Cho Kyuhyun, you still have a chance to steal this silly girl’s heart.”

                “That’s what I’m going to do. Hehehehe” Kyuhyun answered happily.

“How about if you also come to my husband birthday party this weekend. At our house, 2pm. Just a small party with family and employees from his company,” Taeyon asked Kyuhyun.

“How can I say no? Hehehhee” Kyuhyun agreed.

“Yonghwa ssi, don’t forget to tell Jaesuk oppa, Jongkook oppa and the others to come.”

“They’ll be really happy to hear that,” Yonghwa answered.

Taeyon was ready to leave when another handsome-tall man suddenly embraced her shoulder in front of everbody.

“Yeobo….here you are. I’ve been crazily looking for you. I thought someone kidnap my beautiful wife,” said that handsome man followed with a kiss on Taeyon’s face.

“YA!!! Chansung-a…. This is public place. What are you doing?” Taeyon tried to get rid of his husband.

“Wae?? Everyone should know this pretty lady over here is my wife,” he said firmly but also romantically.

Chansung and Taeyon finally waved goodbye to everyone after make sure that everyone will come to their party this weekend.

Yonghwa and Jonghyun returned to the office because they still had something to do. While Seohyun will help Kyuhyun to find little stuff that he needed.

Yonghwa really had one of the worst days in his career, no, worst day in his life. He didn’t talk much for the rest of the day due to the constant headache.

“Hyung, if you sit idly like this, you will lose her sooner or later. You are already a step behind, don’t make it two steps. Go get her hyung,” Jonghyun wisely advised Yonghwa.

While Yonghwa still lost at his confusion, like Jonghyun said, Kyuhyun already a step further. He drove Seohyun to Seo residence. And before he left…

“Seohyunnie, I really meant what I said earlier. I will make you my bride. I will,” he said while looking at Seohyun with firm eyes.

 


 

Yonghwa's part in this chapter is not really significant since he is still confuse with his heart...

The next meeting Kyuhyun will be more exciting.

Please wait for it!!!!