Eight Years Ago

"The Answer is You"

Eight years ago

 

In front of a classic-style house at Ilsan area, a boy wearing high school uniform while carrying a bag seemed resistant to press the bell. He withdrew his hand several times from pressing the button. After gained his confidence, he finally pressed the button. A minute after, the door swung open displayed a figure of tall girl. The girl was still on her high school uniform under her blue apron. Her doe eyes were shining brightly accompanied the wide smile emerged from her lips. Her short hair matched her semi-tanned skin perfectly. The boy lost his words in front of the stunning girl.

               

                “Sunbaenim, annyeonghaseyo!!!” were his first words when he got himself back on earth.

                “Annyeonghaseyo, Jungshin-a. Looking for Minhyuk?” she replied him.

                “Nee,” he replied nervously.

                “Come inside. I’ll call him.”

 

                “Jungshin-a,” she called the boy when she was about to step on the stairs.

                “Nee?? Sunbaenim??”

“How many times I have to tell you? Don’t call me sunbaenim. Just call me noona. OK?” she winked then left Jungshin speechless.

 

After waiting for couple of minutes, Minhyuk and Jungshin left Kang’s house. They both walked to nearest bus stop. They were very exciting to go to the Amusement Park, not merely to play, but to watch a mini concert held there.

 

                “I can’t wait to see the performance. It must be really great,” Minhyuk said to Jungshin but he didn’t pay attention to what Minhyuk just said.

                “YAA!! Lee Jungshin!” he screamed at Jungshin’s ears.

                “Aisshhhh.. What are you doing? I might gone deaf.”

                “I know what are you thinking right now,” Minhyuk said while crossing his hands.

                “What?”

                “You are thinking of Sooyoung noona, aren’t you?”

                “Mwo? Hahaha…. What are you talking about? I’m not thinking about her,” he replied stuttered.

“Don’t lie to me. You fall head over heel for her. She’s my sister, remember. How come I don’t  know,” Minhyuk just hit the bull’s eye.

“Ok…Ok… That’s right. I like your sister. But I’m waiting for the right time to tell her. She’s busy with the university entrance, I don’t want to disturb her,” Jungshin told Minhyuk.

“Aigoo… How thoughtful of you. Honestly, I can’t imagine if you gonna end up being my brother in law. Hahahahahahaha,” Minhyuk teased Jungshin.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, as usual at Seoul station, people were waiting in line to board on the train while others got off from the train. Nothing special or remarkable happened that day, including two boys wearing confuse look on their face while looking at the Seoul map. Apparently that was the first day the step their foot at Seoul. They first tried to find exit door, then walked with no direction.

 

                “Hyung, are you sure this is the right way?”

                “I don’t know either. This is my first time.”

                “We should’ve asked your girlfriend along. She’s familiar with Seoul.”

“She’s not my girlfriend anymore. We’re done. Ok? And after all, she has no interest in music, so there is no way I will take her here,” said the hyung.

“My bad, sorry hyung. But still, we need to know how to get there. The place will be packed anytime soon.”

“How about we go there?” he pointed at a book store at the corner of the street.

“Yonghwa hyung, I don’t know you have interest in books. But I think we are going to amusement park, not book store.”

“I mean, maybe we can buy a map and ask people around. How do you think Jonghyun-a?,” Yonghwa said bluntly.

“What’s the point of map? Let’s just ask people around,” Jonghyun grab his hand harshly but accidentally made Yonghwa crushed another people.

 

Yonghwa and the other people, which was a girl, both fell on the ground. The books she brought were scattered over the street between her and Yonghwa. Yonghwa hurriedly helped the girl to collect the books.

 

                “Joesonghamnida! I didn’t see you,” the girl said while bowing politely.

“Ah no no… It’s not your fault. My friend here was acting harshly that made me bumped to you,” Yonghwa pointed at smiling Jonghyun beside him.

“I’m so sorry, we were in hurry, so….” Jonghyun said to the girl.

“Where are you going then?” she asked back.

“Ahm…. Actually this is our first time in Seoul, so we kinda lost. We wanna go to amusement park, but we don’t know which way to go there,” Yonghwa explained.

“Oh..to make it easier  you can take a cab. How is it?” she answered them.

“Hyung, why didn’t we think about it earlier? Aishhh… embarrassing,” Jonghyun said while covering his face.

“Ah.. thank you for your information,” Yonghwa bowed to her.

 

Yonghwa and Jonghyun took a cab and directly went to amusement park. Meanwhile, the girl walked on her own direction when suddenly her phone rang.

 

                “Yoboseyo?....Oh Taeyeon unnie… what is it?”

 

***

 

Yonghwa and Jonghyun finally arrived safely at the amusement park. Thankfully the concert had not begun yet. So they decided to play around the amusement park. As high school kids, they tried almost everything, from roller coaster up to haunted house. After using their energy, they both sat on the bench nearby. Yonghwa decided to buy some light food and drinks for both of them, while Jonghyun kept eyes on their belongings.

Suddenly, someone stood in front of him.

A beautiful high school girl. Her long straight dark brown hair left untied. Her eyes were perfectly seen, so bright but looked confuse.

 

                “May I … help you?” Jonghyun asked her.

                “I’m sorry,” she replied.

 

She just said I’m sorry. The she moved one step closer to Jonghyun. She closed her eyes and suddenly landed a soft but quick kiss on Jonghyun’s right cheek.

Jonghyun was frozen. An anonymous girl just kissed him.

 

“YAAA!!! What’s wrong with you?” he was about to grab the girl’s hand but she managed to escape.

“Sorry…. And Thank you,” she waved while smiling at Jonghyun.

“Heol. Crazy girl from Seoul,” he spoke to himself.

 

***

 

At the same time, Minhyuk was waiting for Jungshin in front of man restroom. The waiting line was quite long, so Jungshin took longer time there. Minhyuk noticed some man entered and exited the restroom. He got surprised when a little girl with bandage over her head walked toward the man restroom.

The girl was about to open the door to enter. Minhyuk had no choice but to stop her.

 

                “Hey kid. That’s man restroom. Womans’ is next to this,” he pointed the next restroom.

                “Ah I’m sorry,” she said to Minhyuk.

 

The little girl entered woman restroom. She didn’t take long time in there and then came out (otherwise, Jungshin still didn’t show up). She walked some steps but suddenly felt dizzy. She was about to fall when Minhyuk helped her. Minhyuk was holding her body and prevented her from hurting her head.

 

                “Are you okay?”

                “I’m okay. Just a bit dizzy. Thanks anyway.”

                “You have to be careful kid, you’re going to hurt your head again,” Minhyuk told her.

                “Nee… kamsahamnida. Uhm… I’m not a kid. I’m twelve years old already,” she pouted.

                “Ah hehe.. alright. Be careful young girl.”

                “Okay oppa”

 

The girl walked away from Minhyuk. She met her older brother at the small café nearby.

 

                “Soojung-a… where have you been? I’ve been looking for you? you just got admitted from hospital for a week. please be careful”

                “Me?? I just…..” she seemed confuse.

                “I just….. went…. I don’t know.. I forget, oppa.”

                “Never mind. Let’s eat”

 

***

 

                “Unnie, you are too much. Using me as an excuse so you can go out with Chansung oppa.”

“Mianhae Seohyunie. I don’t have anything else to say to Dad. We’ll be leaving to Massachusetts tomorrow and I won’t be able to meet him for a month. Isn’t it too bad?” Taeyeon whined.

“Arraseoyo. Just find your boyfriend. I’ll find something to drink,” Seohyun told her.

“Gomawo dongsaeng,” Taeyeon said while hugging her tightly.

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun went to different direction. Taeyeon was looking for his boyfriend, Chansung, while Seohyun wandered looking for a place to buy drinks. She finally found a vending machine. She looked closely to the vending machine to decide which one to buy. She decided to buy orange juice. Unfortunately, she didn’t have many with her. She left her purse with Taeyeon because she was only wearing a denim mini dress.

Seohyun then sat at the bench next to the vending machine, hoping Taeyeon would pass by to give her some money.

 

Suddenly, she felt a cold sensation at her face.

 

Someone just touched her face with a beverage can. She looked at that person.

 

                “Hi, we meet again,” that person said.

                “Ah…. You!” Seohyun surprised.

                “Here, this is for you,” he said while handing the orange juice can to Seohyun.

                “Ah…. You don’t need to..”

                “Just take it as my gratitude for helping me back then. Hehe… I got here. Thanks to you,” he said.

                “Okay then. Thank you,” Seohyun said while receiving the orange juice.

 

They both drank their drinks silently since they were complete stranger to each other. Seohyun felt awkward with the person she just met today. The other stranger, (which was actually Yonghwa) just felt thankful to the girl who helped him today. So he tried to be friendly with the girl, because deep inside he couldn’t deny that this girl caught his eyes and attention.

 

                “So, why didn’t you say that you will come here as well? We could’ve went together?” he started.

                “I didn’t plan to. But my sister asked me to come here with her,” she replied.

                “oh I see….”

                “I come here to watch the concert. There,” he said while pointing at the stage not so far away.

                “Really?? So you are interested in music, huh? Do you play instrument?” she asked him.

 

Yonghwa smiled a bit. His face was so sweet with that smile.

 

“I love music. I love this particular band. They do not come often to Korea, so I think when I have a chance, I should watch this. I can play instruments, guitar and also piano. I also have a band in my school. We are not that great actually, but still have fan club at our school. Hehehe,” he excitedly explained to the girl next to him with blossoming smile.

 

“Hahahaha…. You are so funny….” Seohyun told him.

“We don’t know each other but you talk to me like we are close friend.”

“I think you are a nice boy.” She smiled to Yonghwa.

 

They continued their small talks about their interest for a while without introducing their selves to each other. They were complete strangers that got friendly quite fast.

 

                “I think I have to go now. I’m gonna looking for my sister,” she stood up.

                “So do I. My friend is waiting for his drinks, though,” Yonghwa also stood up.

                “Okay then. Good bye” she waved goodbye.

 

She walked a few steps and suddenly stopped. She turned back.

 

                “I hope we can meet again…..someday.” she said while smiling at him.

                “When we meet again, will you remember me?” Yonghwa asked her back.

                “Maybe……” she replied, then waved goodbye once again.

 

                “Could we meet again someday?” Yonghwa thought to himself.

 

***

 

Ten minutes after he got sudden kiss by the one he called crazy girl from Seoul, Jonghyun was still waiting for Yonghwa. He never knew that at the same time Yonghwa was having a conversation with another girl.

He kept waiting for his hyung when suddenly someone came and sat beside her.

The crazy girl from Seoul.

               

                “What are you doing here crazy girl?” he shouted while trying to protect his face.

                “I’m not going to kiss you again. Take it easy,” she said while smiling.

                “What’s with the crazy girl? Am not crazy though,” she added.

               

“Not Crazy?? Then what was that? I guess you are just randomly kissing people huh?” Jonghyun asked her with angry tone.

“Ah about that… I’m really sorry. I was playing with my friends and unfortunately I lost and must receive punishment. The punishment was to kiss someone they pointed. Thank God, they didn’t tell me to kiss some random old man. And thank God  you are handsome,” she answered.

“Wah… Jeongmal.. High school girls in Seoul play a silly game like that. Ckckckck…” he surprised.

“You are not from Seoul then? Hmm I see. I can tell from your accent, so not Seoul accent,” she told him.

“I’m from Busan,” he answered proudly.

“Wah daebak!!! What is a pure Busan boy doing here?” she asked back.

“It’s not your business, crazy girl from Seoul!”

 

“Hahaha… don’t be mad at me please.. I’ve explained everything,” she begged.

“Hahahaha…. I’m just kidding,” he said while showing his dimple smile which made the girl stunned.

 

“Wah….You really are handsome. Your smile is so cute,” she unconsciously said that.

“I think you have fallen for me, crazy girl,” he teased the girl.

“Me??? Of course not. Why would I ?? Ehhm… I think I should go now,” she hurriedly said to Jonghyun.

 

 

She ran quickly. From about ten meters away, she shouted back to Jonghyun.

 

                “See you again Busan boy.”

“By the way, I’m not crazy girl from Seoul. My name is Yoona. IM YOONA,” she shouted her name to Jonghyun

 

“Im Yoona, crazy girl from Seoul,” Jonghyun smiled when he heard that.

 

***

 

No one ever imagined such thing could have happened at an amusement park. A bomb was attached at a ferris wheels. The first one was set to destroy the machine so the worker could not control the ferris wheels.  Police officers secured the ferris wheels area in order to prevent victims. Some people were trapped inside the gondolas, including Jonghyun. He took another round to kill time while waiting for Yonghwa; too bad, the incident happened at the moment.

The worse news was not only that Jonghyun was trapped inside gondola number 54, but also because inside that gondola, the bomber had attached the second bomb.

He was a judo black belter indeed, but how can he fight a bomb? He was sitting nervously waiting for the police officers to take action. While on the ground, Yonghwa was waiting along with many people. He was really worried about Jonghyun.

After 15 minutes of preparation and discussion, police officers finally moved into action. They dispersed to different gondolas to help people trapped there, and sent the member of Bomb Squad Security division to disassemble the bomb and save Jonghyun.

The officer reached the gondola 54 and opened the door; Jonghyun helped him to get in.

 

“Hello young man. Don’t worry. I’ll disassemble this bomb and save you from here,” he said assuring Jonghyun.

 

He carefully disassembled the bomb, tried every way to prevent it from exploding. Jonghyun was waiting patiently and sometimes helped him. Everything ran smoothly until…..

 

‘DUUUAAAARRRRR’

 

The bomber just detonated another bomb at the other machine of the Ferris wheels using remote control which caused a big fire. The fire was getting bigger and bigger. The firefighter tried to extinguish the fire but it couldn’t be any help at all.

Jonghyun and the police officer were still inside the gondola. If they didn’t get out immediately they’ll be dead meat. But if the bomb was failed to be disassembled, more people will be victims. The smoke had reached the gondola which made difficult to breath. The time was ticking, decision had to be made.

 

                “What is your name, young man?” he asked Jonghyun while still smiling.

                “Jonghyun,….*cough* ….. Lee Jonghyun.”

“Jonghyun, you listen to me. I have to save you. Use this rope and reach the gondola below. My friend will be waiting for you and will take you to the ground,” he said while also wrapping Jonghyun with his fireproof coat.

“But ahjussi… what about you? How will you get out from here?” Jonghyun asked in worried tone hardly breathing.

“I’ll be okay. I have to stop this bomb first. Don’t worry,” he replied while tightening the rope on Jonghyun’s  waist.

“But…..*cough*……”

“There is no time to argue. I’ll send you down now….. You must live Lee Jonghyun, and help other people.”

 

He sent Jonghyun to the lower gondola where his friend was waiting to help Jonghyun. Thanked to the fireproof coat, Jonghyun was having no major illness. Yonghwa ran toward Jonghyun at the time he touched the ground, he was really worried. Jonghyun on the side kept looking at the gondola where the officer left behind.

The fire grew bigger due to strong wind and burned the gondola 54 little by little. But there was no bomb explosion. The bomb was successfully disassembled. The officer had sacrificed his life to save everyone.

 

 

The next day, Jonghyun asked Yonghwa to accompany him to go to the funeral of the police officer. They went there. The moment they entered the room, they heard someone was crying badly. They took a closer look. Jonghyun got surprised when he saw that girl; the girl he addressed as crazy girl from Seoul.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Hi everyone !!!

what a long wait, isn't it??

This is the story about eight years ago.

 

 

they met eight years ago. not only jonghyun and yoona, but also

Yonghwa and Seohyun. They just don't remember anything.

 

hope you will like this lame update...

please post many comments when you done reading.

 

((Let's hope in the next chapter Yonghwa's will make a move heehhehe))

 

Fighting!!!