The Settlement and Kid Competitor

"The Answer is You"

 

The Next Morning at The Airport

 

“Ahhh… my head hurts badly… please remind me next time not to drink that much” Seohyun mumbled to both of them while they were in the waiting room.

“Jashik…let me get you something to drink,” Yonghwa stood up to find fending machine.

 

While he was walking faraway, Seohyun kept her eyes on him. After she was sure he couldn’t be seen anymore, he turned to face Jonghyun whom sat beside her while playing game.

 

                “Oppa…..Oppa….”

                “Wae?” he simply replied uninterested to Seohyun but kept concentrate on his game.

                “Oppa…. You didn’t tell him anything last night, did you?” she asked in anxious face.

                “Ahhhhh….. I lost…damn!.... Oh what???” he finally faced Seohyun.

                “You didn’t tell him anything, right?”

                “Ah…I told him”

“WHAT?? Oppa…. Why did you do that? Ottoke?” she said in worried face while punching Jonghyun’s arm.

                “I told him only about me and Yoona. Not about you. Happy?” he .

                “Jeongmalyo?” she asked back to make sure.

“Yup..I didn’t tell him how you furtively asked about his mother’s favorite stuffs, his father’s hobby, his favorite food, how was him when he was high school student, how was his relationship with Shinhye, how…” he stopped his super fast explanation when Seohyun closed his mouth with her hand.

“YAA!! Oppa, what if he heard that?”

“That’s better then. He can answer by himself,” he said while never stop teasing her.

“Hahaha… You are so funny Seohyunie. You better take good care of me or my mouth may slip away someday and tell him everything,” he cockily said to her.

“NO I WON’T! You need somebody else to do that, and you know exactly whom I refer to.”

“Hahaha…smart girl.  I’ve told you last night. I can’t do that. I was the reason of her family’s soreness. She deserves to hate me, if only she knew.”

“But she never knew, right? And you never know how she will respond, not until you tell her the truth.”

“She’s right Jonghyun-a. Don’t blame us if, maybe tomorrow, she’ll no longer be in your eye coverage,” Yonghwa suddenly appeared while handing the drinks for Seohyun and Jonghyun.

“Eiii… what is it? Why do two of you look like a loving couple and giving me advice about love? Wkwkwk” He laughed while teasing them.

 

Deep inside, he kept thinking about what “the loving couple” just said to him.

 

***

 

Seoul

The Next Day

 

They were back to their daily activities at the office. Busy with all the sales and marketing department business. Their department head, Yoo Jaesuk assigned some people to work under Kim Jongkook to handle their competition for upcoming event. Things were going difficult but still under control.

In the middle of the busyness, someone ran to third floor wearing worried face and uncontrollable breath. She bumped to another person when she was about to turned at the corner.

Seohyun felt her face turned as red as tomatoes when she ended up falling on top of Yonghwa’s body. On the other side, Yonghwa put a surprised look when she saw Seohyun. They both were breathing uncontrollable until somebody broke the silent.

               

“What are you to doing? It’s still daylight you know. Hehehe”

  

They quickly woke up and fix their outfit. They felt embarrassed because everyone was watching the scene. Anyway, Seohyun quickly backed to her right mind, about the reason she ran so vigorously. She was looking for Jonghyun.

 

                “Oppa… Jonghyun oppa…”

                “Oh Seohyunie, what is it?” he replied while turning his head from his laptop.

                “Yoona unnie… Yoona unnie just quit. She leaves the office now”

 

Without asking back to Seohyun, Jonghyun ran to catch Yoona up. He quickly headed to the elevator but it still at the seventh floor. It took too long. He changed his direction toward the emergency stairs. He ran as fast as he can.

When he reached the lobby, he turned to every direction to look for Yoona. He found her. But at that time, she was already inside a cab. He ran again. He ran to catch the cab. But it was too late. The cab was gone, along with Im Yoona.

***

 

Later that night

 

Three people stood in front of a small beautiful house. While waiting for someone to open the door, the first man was wearing a sorrow look on his face.

                “Annyeonghaseyo!” three of them said while bowing a bit.

                “Annyeonghaseyo!” the high school girl replied.

                “Jonghyun oppa, long time no see,” the girl said to Jonghyun.

                “Ah ndee. Your unnie, is she at home now?”

                “Ndee.. I’ll call her. Why don’t you come inside?”

                “It’s okay. We’ll be waiting here.”

 

She entered for a few minutes and her unnie finally came out. She was wearing a yellow oversized jumper when she came out.

 

                “Jonghyun ssi, Seohyunie, Yonghwa oppa, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

                “Can we talk outside Yoona?” Jonghyun replied her question.

                “Okay then.”

 

They walked toward the nearest playground. Yonghwa and Seohyun decided to leave them alone and took different direction. Jonghyun and Yoona sat on swings next to each other.

 

                “Why did you quit?” he started the conversation.

                “Does it matter to you, Jonghyun ssi?” she answered back.

   “As I recall, you don’t have anything to worry about me, do you? And why are you asking about it now?”

 

They both didn’t talk for couple of minutes. When finally Yoona broke the silent.

               

                “Mianhae. I didn’t mean being so cold to you. I’m sorry.”

                “I was just so upset,….. because of you,” she finished her words by turning her head away.

                “You have the right to do that. You even deserve to hate me with all your heart.”

                “What are you talking about?” Yoona replied confuse.

                “Your father died because of me.”

 

Yoona was in state of shock when she heard what Jonghyun just said. Her world was suddenly crumbling down when she was thinking about that.

 

             “My father?”

             “Yes. Eight years ago, he died because he saved my life from that accident.”

“I saw you crying the next day when I ran away from the hospital to go to his funeral. That was all my fault. Your family have been lived in misery all this time, because of me.”

“That’s why I don’t deserve your love. Person that I hurt the most. I don’t deserve your love even though, I really… really Love You.”

 

His heart hurt the most when he said that to Yoona. He was the one who caused her father died. He thought he never deserved Yoona’s love. That time, he was ready. He was ready if Yoona was going to hate him for the rest of her life.

Yoona suddenly stood in front of him.

 

She slapped his face once.

                “That’s for not telling me the truth.”

 

She slapped him once again.

                “That’s for hurting my heart.”

 

She then moved her hand once again, but this time not slapped him. She moved toward Jonghyun cheek and kissed him.

                “That’s for telling me the truth.”

 

She then kissed another cheek.

                “That’s for telling me that you love me”

 

Jonghyun confused with her. She supposed to hate him. It was normal if she was angry. He wouldn’t mind if she wanted to slap him more. But, what was with the kiss?

 

             “I was and will always proud of my father.”

“What you said was true. I was crying badly when he died. Our life was completely changed since then. But I never, even in my wildest imagination, resented anyone for his dead.”

“He died fulfilling his job. He died saving people’s life. And now that I know he died saving you, I’ll love him even more.”

 

Yoona continued her words when she sat back on the swing.

 

             “I fell in love with you because I saw my father in you.”

“Do you remember when you saved a kid from almost got crashed by a giant truck? You were hurt so badly back then. You were bleeding all over your body. But all that you cared was the kid.”

             “That was when I saw my father in you.”

 

               

“I’m sorry for not telling you the truth from the beginning. I was too afraid you might leaving me,” Jonghyun said to her earnestly.

“If you still feeling guilty, you have to promise that you will always love me, and take care of me, and will never leave me,” she replied with smile on her face.

“I promise," he smiled back to her.

 

***

 

At the same time, Yonghwa and Seohyun walked to the direction of 7Eleven. They decided to go there to grab some food.

                “I hope they’re doing fine,” Seohyun said to Yonghwa as they were waiting for the cup noodles.

                “They will.” Yonghwa replied.

 

Suddenly Seohyun felt her shirt was being pulled from behind. She turned back and found a little boy was standing there.

                “Can I help you little boy?” Seohyun asked the boy.

                “Nuna, do you remember me?” the boy asked her back.

 

It took some time for Seohyun to draw back her memory. When she finally found the piece of memory of that boy.

 

                “Are you the boy at the airport?”

                “Yes. That’s right,” the boy replied happily.

                “Long time no see. How are you? Oppa… he was the boy at the airport back then.”

                “Ah that’s right. I remember him,” Yonghwa also greeted him.

   “I’m really fine nuna. I live around here. What are you doing here with this ‘hyung’?” he asked Seohyun while stressing the word hyung.

    “We were visiting a friend.”

 

The boy looked at Yonghwa from head to toe to head again. He shook his head as sign of unagreement.

 

                “Nuna, are you probably dating this hyung?”

                “Eh?” Seohyun got surprised.

   “Nuna, he doesn’t fit you. Look at him. He’s not that tall, and he is so ugly. Why do you want to date him?”

 

Seohyun was burst to laugh when she heard what the boy said. Yonghwa on the other side got pissed.

 

             “YA!! What did you say?”

“And he has bad temper, nuna. Look at him. Ckckckck. You have to wait for me, nuna. When I grow up, I will be a tall man, with handsome face, and good manner. And I will ask you to be my girlfriend,” he said proudly to Seohyun.

“Hahahaha… arraseo. I will wait for you, cute boy,” Seohyun replied while smiling.

“By the way, I have to go now. Mom is waiting for me. Ehm… nuna, what’s your name?”

“Seo Joohyun. You can call me Seohyun nuna.”

“Beautiful name, just like the person herself. I’m Myungsoo. Till we meet again nuna, bye” he waved good bye and leaved.

 

Yonghwa was still in his temper ate the noodle furtively.

 

“Aisshh… kids these days. How come he was flirting with you? What did he say? I don’t fit to be with you? Where the hell did he see that!!” he said angrily.

“Hahaha… oppa, you sound so childish right now.”

“No I don’t. I’m an adult. I’m a nice man. Not like that brat,” he said proudly.

“You sound like you are so jealous with that boy,” Seohyun said again.

“Of course I’m jealous.” Yonghwa said, not realized what just slipped away from his mouth.

 

When Seohyun heard what Yonghwa just said, she smiled even brighter than any other time. Yonghwa didn’t realized that because he was still burning in jealousy.

 

 

 



 

Most of this chapter contain's Jonghyun and Yoona's story. I just want them to finish their problem then move to Yonghwa and Seohyun again.

Please wait for the next chapter.

I will reveal what happened eight years ago.

More surprising story will come up at the next chapter.

 

Please leave comments when you done reading. help me a lot for my imagination.

 

FIGHTING.